[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to heat my vehicle the freezing nights?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

I am planning on a few trips, for a number of nights out at a time (for skiing).
Last year, I did OK with just a bag - but ultimately I found myself turning on the car when it's far below freezing. On top of that, my gear has no chances of drying out. It would be wonderful for a warm rig.

I REALLY want something electric - preferably battery powered. I thought of getting a large car battery - and an extremely small ceramic heater. Alas, thoughts seem futile.

There are these Coleman tent heaters at a fair price, though the thoughts of CO2 build up - or it being tipped over - or something fluffy and flammable getting close as a rustle around in the night makes me very leary.

Does /out/ have any experience? It's a wagon, so fixing a actual permanent propane heater with a tank on the outside isn't ideal.
>>
Not to self bump but it's early,

What I was thinking + a seperate CO2 sensor of sorts to make sure I don't suffocate

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Little-Buddy-Heater-2pk/20450314

http://www.coleman.com/product/2000004163#.VqRFZfkrK00
>>
Not sure where you live in the world sc/out..

But here in moose land i saw this the other day.

http://www.mec.ca/product/5041-065/brunton-heatsync-zone/?bc=
>>
>>672488
Let me get this straight.
You are planning on sleeping in your car and want advice on how to make it warmer?

It's a car. You can bring sleeping bags, blankets, woolies, PJs, hats, mittens, union suits, hot water bottles, etc.
>>
Install Defa engine heater and interior heater. Then plug ur car to power source and u will be quite warm.
>>
>>672488
Don't keep the car warm, keep you warm. Get a 12v dc electric blanket and a deep cycle battery. Connect the battery to your car's electrical system with a mechanical cutoff switch so you can charge it as you drive and isolate it when you run the electric blanket overnight.

http://www.amazon.com/Roadpro-12-Volt-Fleece-Heated-Blanket/dp/B0009Y2CFS

This will draw 55 watts. It was the first hit on a quick google search, there are probably others that are better. You're looking at needing 100 amp hours capacity for batteries, which will run you around a hundred bucks. Put you and the electric blanket inside a good sleeping bag with some blankets top and bottom and you'll be comfy as hell.
>>
well, to be more specific.. again.. I am interested in heating the car because I will have a lot of wet gear. wet gear + freezing nights = awfulness in the AM after a day or two. Also, I can't just throw wetness into my bag, that's pretty uncomfortable and just going to make me soggy all night.
>>
>>672627

>Also, I can't just throw wetness into my bag, that's pretty uncomfortable

You sound retarded tbqh.
>>
>>672627
i'd say an electric blanket wrapped in some sort of waterproof lining and kept on low heat
connect to a separate battery

use blankets for yourself, I can't really empathise because my car gets stuffy after an hour of sleep

post pics of your setup/how you sleep? can't imagine that you just lie there next to your dirty stuff m8
>>
>>672627
Can you not get a cheapo tent, tent heater and have that for your clothes?
Avoids the car heater killing you, you can wear whatever in the car for heat as suggested and you get warm clothes in the morning?
>>
>>672488
Ultimately you're doing it wrong. I can't say what's available to you since I don't know where you're skiing but if I go solo, I pay for 1 night lodging which comes with 2 lift tickets.
Drive up, ski day1, stay in lodge, ski day2, drive home
Cost of 1 night lodging including the 2 lift tickets is less than if I purchased just the 2 lift tickets.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.