[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fishing Thread: Why are these considered Trashfish?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: bowfin_2.jpg (68KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
bowfin_2.jpg
68KB, 600x450px
Historically people ate the fish they caught and since Mudfish (Bowfin) have jelly meat they are not as appealing at the table. But today pretty much everyone always catches and releases fish in freshwater. But yet so many people disregard this fish as a trash fish.

It's like their grandpa told them Bowfin are trash fish and instead of thinking with a mind of their own and developing their own opinion of the fish as a rough fighting fish that puts up amazing adrenaline rushing fight they just stick with the old fashion view that Bowfin are trash fish. Even worse things like bowfishing which can be great to get rid of nonnative species is horrible when people target native fish like Bowfin and Gar. If you want to bowfish go after something that deserves it like a nonnative Snakehead or invasive cichlids.

This old fashion view that Bowfin are trashfish really needs to die.
They put up the best fight and they can be caught using cut bream during the evenings.

TLDR - Why are Bowfin not accepted as a General Sportfish?
>>
File: wpid-wp-1447347641478.jpg (307KB, 1195x1593px) Image search: [Google]
wpid-wp-1447347641478.jpg
307KB, 1195x1593px
>>
>>671938
> non-native
> invasive

It's like being one step away from a Klan Rally!

Today's world has no borders and no racial boundries. Species mixing is as natural as race blending.

Get over your oldfashioned veiws yourself!
>>
>>671974
Trolling in a fishing thread.
Wrong b8 m8.
>>
>>671938
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bioaccumulate
They can live for 30 years.
>>
>>671938
People call anything they don't want to eat a trash fish. Bowfin are tough, and shouldn't be slaughtered with bows, but the only appealing thing about them from a culinary standpoint is the roe.

BOWFIN ROE IS GOOD, GAR ROE IS TOXIC DO NOT EAT GAR ROE
>>
>>672045
>GAR ROE IS TOXIC
Good to know, I wasn't aware. All species of gar like that?
>>
>>671938
>have jelly meat
wut
>>
Good old "trash fish"
https://youtu.be/ZzdesfXfaTY
>>
>>671938
>Trashfish

It is a meme term for anything any angler dislikes because it bit the hook instead of his "MUH TROPHY".

Every trashfish I caught was pretty normal and tasted fine. People are just morons.
>>
>>671938
>Why are Bowfin not accepted as a General Sportfish?
>>671938
Because people think they decimate their target fish species, as seen >>672420
>>
>>671985
>fishing thread
>no B8
>expecting to catch anything
>>
>>671938
Because the hierarchy of sport fish is based on the nobility of the fish in question rather than any strict set of objective measures and nobility is determined much like obscenity - you know it when you see it.

FRESHWATER
>Salmonids
>Pike
>Bass
>Everything else

SALTWATER
>Billfish and Tarpon/Permit
>Top-tier pelagic gamefish (Tuna, Wahoo, Dorado, etc.)
>[POWER GAP]
>Inshore fish and lesser pelagic fish(Bass, croaker, snook, snapper, sharks etc.)
>[POWER GAP]
>Bottom fish
>Everything else
>>
>>672501
>hierarchy of sportfish

You are a faggot.
>>
File: 1453474833716.jpg (152KB, 1023x681px) Image search: [Google]
1453474833716.jpg
152KB, 1023x681px
>>672420
>***UPDATE - MARCH 4TH, 2015*** The guy in the video who killed the Musky had a court date March 4, 2015 and was charged a $1,000 fine and got a 2-year fishing Ban.

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
>>672506
Honestly depends on the state.

In Maine if you catch pike, pickerel, etc. You are obligated to kill it. Even most places in Maine you are obligated to kill LMB and SMB, they aren't native here and extremely fuck uptrout populations. There are a few bass havens, but they are few and far between
>>
>>672503
Blame le eternal Anglo. They're the ones that originated the distinction between game fish and coarse fish.
>>
>>672506
ganon
>>
>>672507
Where I live you have to release it as fast as possible, going so far as to cut the line the instant you know what it is and not real it in. But, that depends on size. You are allowed to catch them at x size. Can't remember what that is.
>>
>>672506
>>672636
https://youtu.be/SKBAIYzf3tg
>>
File: fishyfishy.jpg (222KB, 1703x1007px) Image search: [Google]
fishyfishy.jpg
222KB, 1703x1007px
I caught this little guy a few hours ago. We heading to a new dam tonight to get bigger ones. Lost two big carp because of debris in the other dam sigh...
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.