[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Morakniv Companion MG (2-pack)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 8

File: MO FO MORA.jpg (132KB, 752x439px) Image search: [Google]
MO FO MORA.jpg
132KB, 752x439px
Check it out Bro's they got a great special on a 2 pack of Mora's.

Personally I really love the brown handle look,

I was stuck between choosing the professional, and the heavy duty. I went with the HD, there was really nothing fancy about the professional, colour aside.

https://www.massdrop.com/r/HT383T

What do you guys think? the Heavy Duty or the Professional.

Pic is of the heavy duty with the carbon steel blade.
>>
> Mora
> professional
> heavy duty

Pick one or just stop the meme, I want to get off!
>>
>>671043
Mora will never die.
>>
>>671043
>>2015+1
>>still pushing the 'Morabad' meme.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>
File: 513.jpg (254KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
513.jpg
254KB, 800x600px
I can't wait for my Mora Companion to arrive :3
>>
File: mora memes.jpg (867KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
mora memes.jpg
867KB, 1600x1200px
The blue handled stainless Viking is my favorite out of my meme knife collection.
>>
>>671057
Are you the I bought it for?
>>
>>671038
fuck you fucking spambot. Can't see your link without putting my FB login.

FUCK OFF!!!
>>
>>671043
They look like damn fine knives to me. Factor in price, WINNER.

I'll eventually get one and update. For now my latest is a 9" Bubba Stiffie
>>
I'm looking at getting a Mora, probably a companion. What is better for hunting/bushcraft, stainless or carbon steel? I know fuck all about steel and knives, and the knife I usually use when I go hunting is a Gerber borrowed from a mate.
>>
clean your carbon steel, brah. If you don't want to keep it oiled, you should at least clean it and then patina it so it rusts slower.

>>671096
What do you like better about it, the handle shape?
>>
>>671176
stainless because fuck maintenance.
>>
>>671180
Is there much difference?
>>
>>671180
Beyond the maintenance thing I mean
>>
>>671181
Speaking very, very generally: Stainless is more brittle at the same hardness as carbon steel due to the chromium content of stainless. Not enough for anybody who doesn't use it a freaking lot to notice, though. The difference will be that a carbon steel blade will hold an edge a bit better than stainless. Carbon is more likely to rust and will require at least three minutes more care per year to keep the rust away. Just keep a very slightly oily rag with your sharpening stuff and wipe the blade down before you put it up and before you take it out for use and it'll eventually develop a patina like the Ahti (top knife) and Camillus PSK (third knife down) here: >>671179. I bought that Camillus at Reese AFB in the 1980s when my uncle came by on leave from the army and took me shopping at the PX. Best $15 (IIRC) I ever spent on a knife.
>>
>>671185
Ah righto cheers for that
>>
>>671193
To shorten it up a bit: The extra time you spend keeping a carbon steel knife from rusting will be used in sharpening a stainless steel knife. Unless you live in a houseboat or are on water or near a coast a lot of the time, the difference is marginal for most people. If you like shiny, get stainless. If you like patina, get carbon.
>>
>>671148
Im sorry man, I thought most people had a massdrop account.

If you dont its definitely a cool site for enthusiast, they have nice specific forums.
>>
>>671200
Well put.

For me, I like to have carbon steel on my fixed blades for the edge retention, and stainless steel on my folders, because those are more of a pain if they get rusty, because the rust can affect the opening.

My grandfather had some beautiful old carbon steel Case folders though; they certainly had a lot of character.
>>
I don't understand why people called mora knifes "meme".
They cost less than 10 or 20$.
What's wrong to buy one of those if you need a really cheap blade ?
>>
>>671200
Awesome. Well I might end up with the carbon one. Thanks anon
>>
>>671038
It's sad, they only ship in the US.
>>
>>671210
>My grandfather had some beautiful old carbon steel Case folders though; they certainly had a lot of character.
Get a new Case or Moore Maker and it'll get that patina in a couple of years and you won't have to worry about rust. Some of mine here: >>657430. I also have my great-grandfather's EDC. It was made by a company that went out of business in 1955. I'll put a pic in the folder thread in the morning if I have time.
>>
>>671177
>clean your carbon steel, brah
They're not actually that bad, the flash makes it look more rusty. They're more dark spots where rust was from admitted neglect. I oiled them after though.

>What do you like better about it, the handle shape?
The blade length just seems perfect to me, plus stainless so I'll can beat it around more without caring. The Companion one is really nice too.

The Bushcraft one up top just seems a little long, and I never really use the red handled classic one.
>>
Would rifle oil like RemOil be okay to use for knives? Or do you need a specific sort?
>>
File: Photo on 22-01-16 at 11.51 AM.png (546KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
Photo on 22-01-16 at 11.51 AM.png
546KB, 800x533px
>>671100
Yup - and it came already! Thanks a lot man!
>>
>>671235
you can use any oil on knives. I don't use gun oil because I don't want to be ingesting gun oil every-time I use my knife to eat with.
>>
>>671235

Sure, but I like food safe oil that's safe to ingest.
>>
File: Pam-Spray-6-oz.jpg (38KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Pam-Spray-6-oz.jpg
38KB, 500x500px
>>671235
Something like min'ral oil is good because of what this anon says >>671528

†bh you can use vegetable oil like canola or peanut oil as well, but just know organic oils will go rancid and break down over time, and attract bacteria and such, so veggie oils are good for day-to-day use but not for long-term storage.

i find a spritz of pam at the end of a camping trip does the trick just fine because i use my knife at least weekly
>>
>>671096

I personally also love mine, which is a similar design.

Extremely comfortable
>>
>>671363
See? Sometimes it's good to take the bait.
You're welcome anon.
>>
File: CqreAnN.png (10KB, 386x378px) Image search: [Google]
CqreAnN.png
10KB, 386x378px
>>671553
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.