[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

BIGGEST FISH THREAD: Your biggest fish that you've ever

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: 2-protected-porbeagle-shark.jpg (273KB, 670x440px) Image search: [Google]
2-protected-porbeagle-shark.jpg
273KB, 670x440px
BIGGEST FISH THREAD:

Your biggest fish that you've ever caught (weight, not length)

Current best: 42lb Striped Bass

Shouldn't be my best for too long. Going tuna fishing this summer and most of the fish are 50+ so...I'm excited.
>>
>>671024
estimated 210-220 b poreagle shark while cod fishing, got it to the side of the boat or long enough to get an estimate on length and weight, didnt want to keep it so we let it go
>>
>>671033
Damn nice. Good thing you let it go though. I always release sharks.
>>
>>671034
was an accedentall catch the party boat i was on tends to have blues follow them and occationally the porbeagle, one o my fishing buddies sons ( fishing buddy is 82) has the state record thresher shark at 650 lbs id ove to go out with them some time for big sharks but dont rerally have time
>>
I caught crabs.

> bitch knew
>>
>>671039
other than sharks ive aught a largemouth just two-three ounces under the state record but not on a reguation scale, almost 13 lbs
>>
>>671040
I hope they weren't Canadian ones D:

https://youtu.be/CN_zaW5Tep4
>>
35 to 40 pound Longnose Gar in the Everglades
(they are usually not found passed Lake Okeechobee and they rarely get that big.
>>
~500lb.+ Pacific Halibut.

Granted, this wasn't on sport tackle (salmon troller), but still. We thought the trolling weight had snagged a bunch of kelp or something because the wire was coming in at about 1/4 of the speed it should have been but then we started seeing white flashes the size of an area rug and knew we'd hooked a monster halibut.
>>
>>671024
kayak, cape cod, I'm gonna beat your best striper this year.

GL on the tuna, jealous as fuck. Just won't spend the 1200
>>
>>671024
45lb King Salmon on the Alagnak River, Alaska.

My family doesn't have an offshore boat anymore, so it may be a while before I either charter a trip out there or get lucky and catch a tarpon in the bay.
>>
>>671126
God damn nice. I would love Pacific Halibut fishing. They're big, plentiful, and taste good. Unfortunately over here we have Atlantic Halibut (different species), but they're rare and protected so...yeah. At least the population is starting to get better, but it will take years.
>>
>>671139
Yeah one of my family members own a 36' Grady w/ dual Yamaha 300s so we can get out there. But you're right, fuel is costly. At least price has been dropping!
>>
>>671024
48# Striper on 14# test.
>>
File: image.jpg (280KB, 1300x861px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
280KB, 1300x861px
>>
2 pounds of largemouth, lol. If you can't tell, I'm new to fishing. I'll have you know, that largemouth fought like heck and jumped out of the water for me. I hope next Spring I get some more like it, and maybe catch a chain pickerel or two.
>>
File: Fiddler.jpg (157KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
Fiddler.jpg
157KB, 960x640px
Female fiddler ray, about 1.2 M long and about 15 kg/ 33 lb.

Lovely looking creatures, this one sulked on the bottom for a few minutes where i threw it back and then gracefully swam away.

Sweet lord though, getting your hooks back from them is the worst.
>>
>>671602
Braid or mono anon? Either way that's not bad at all, how long was the fight?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkFMJ4-ai1I
>>
>>671155
Guy who posted >>671126 here.

I also >almost caught a King about that size when the other deckhands and I were trolling around in the dinghy for shits and giggles. Thing hit the hoochie we were trolling like a ton of bricks and then took off on a run; it felt almost like a toad tuna than anything else. Sadly, after about ten minutes of that and even some acrobatics it made a run towards the boat, I couldn't keep up and it spit the hook. Had to be 4' if it was an inch, though. Catching one of those on fly gear would definitely go on the short list for GOAT memories. Alaska is a hell of a place.
>>
>>671651
Mono, on ultralight spin rig; sand eel for bait; 30" leader of 60# mono.
Drifting N. of the Tabletop in Chatham roads behind the barrier beach incoming tide.
Took about 20 minutes; kept the fish 'cause he was totally exhausted. I don't fish ultralight anymore, it's inhumane.
>>
>>671624
Oh, I believe it. Those suckers fight like hell on light tackle. My biggest freshwater fish was a 35lb Common Carp. You wanna talk about a fight? HA!
>>
spearfished a 8 kg pike in my younger days
>>
File: img_0001.png (1MB, 1020x737px) Image search: [Google]
img_0001.png
1MB, 1020x737px
>>671678
>>671683
>>671624
>>671602
>>671594
>>671155
>>671126
>>671083
>>671045
>>671033
>>671024

All of these claims, no pics.

I caught nothing
>>
File: lay gar.png (2MB, 1432x539px) Image search: [Google]
lay gar.png
2MB, 1432x539px
>>671083
>>675910

Longnose Gar which is not common in South Florida, though the spotted gar sure are. This one was a monster.
>>
>>671024
56lbs lake sturgeon on the St. Croix river
Honorable mention: 3.5 lbs black crappie
>>
>>675910
The battery in my camera melted most of the rest of it.
>>
>>676738
You look like one happy motherfucker. Stay high on life, anon!>>676780
>>
>>676780
MN or WI?
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>676738
That's a fattie

>>676780
Damn, you have pics of the Crappie?
>>
I caught a 37 pound carp on 8 lb test once, it barely fit in my net
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.