[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

west highland way

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: highlands.jpg (364KB, 810x440px) Image search: [Google]
highlands.jpg
364KB, 810x440px
What does /out/ think about the West Highland Way?
is /out/ approved? or is it a massive tourist trap?
any tips for doing the West Highland Way the first time?
>westhighlandway general
>>
>About 85,000 people use the path every year
So you've got 230 people on it every day. Seems a bit over crowded to me.

I'm wandering the highlands in late February but making my own path.
>>
I'm thinking of going in March, although the alternate route described in this link sounds pretty appealing: http://www.c8h10n4o2.org/walking/highland_highway/
>>
>>669810
Why do you have to take a specific route? Just go walk.
>>
>>669817
>Why do you have to take a specific route? Just go walk.
Dont forgett your wellies then, walking the bogs is hard work.
>>
Don't start it in Milgnavie at the official start line. The first section through Mugdoc park etc all the way up to Balmaha (or even Rowardennan) is NOT enjoyable, way too busy, and not that scenic.

March you're gonna get some sketchy weather still at the Fort William end. Devils staircase etc in poor weather doesn't appeal.

I intend to do it via bike this coming Summer over a few days.
>>
I call the WHW a 'sampler' of the Highlands. You see a little bit of everything that's awesome about Scotland, and a great start if you haven't done much in the country.
If you go on the off-peak season the volume of hikers isn't bad. I remember crossing Rannoch Moor alone on a foggy day and feeling like I'd disappeared into a prehistoric era.
>>
>>669984
Fuck fuck fuck fuck now you've got me reminiscing about when I was 19 with no job, no family obligations, no student debt, spending the days running wild through the heather and drinking out of streams.
>>
>>669988

Ditto, I'm moving to England in the next week or so, you just made me feel bad Anon.
>>
watch the fucking midges

and stay home lowland/english dogs, we are full
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.