[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
so I bought a pair for Corcoran jump boots...
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
File: 1510-420x660[1].png (171 KB, 420x434) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1510-420x660[1].png
171 KB, 420x434
so I bought a pair for Corcoran jump boots for reenacting
what's the best oil or other treatment for them?
what's the best way to break in all leather boots?

I've never owned a pair of all leather boots, just some Merrells and Oboz, so I don't know how to care for the leather
>>
I use obenaufs lp for winter rain/ boots that will get muddy at the beginning of the rainy season. Obenaufs leather protectant for a quick coat on top of it after washing them off.
>>
Mink Oil Or Brown Kiwi shoe polish and scrub the absolute fuck out of it.

And another guy doing Airborne... sweet Christ.
>>
If you use mink oil remember how qt minks are. Also, when I was looking for a picture I saw some mink in a cage. Probably in a Chinese farm.
He appeared to be blind in both eyes but half his face looked rotten, like a zombie.

That's what you're supporting when you buy it.
>>
>>669177

No one cares
>>
>>669177
I'd tell you to go sick on a dick, but you'd complain that it's not vegan.
>>
>>669190

No he is right. None of us care.
>>
>>668978
I like the way altberg explains leather boot care.
http://www.altberg.co.uk/leder-gris/product/leder-gris-original/

Take note how there's a high wax content to protect against moisture and dirt.

As for breaking in, just keep wearing them. Using water tricks and such can backfire.
>>
>>668992
yeah, I know, there are already too many airborne guys
but my reenacting unit doesn't do 101st or 82nd like everyone else at least

>>669177
>probably in a Chinese farm
and this I why I don't give a shit
nothing will stop the Chinks from horribly mistreating animals for money

>>668991
>>668992
>>669254
thank you
>>
>>669177
Mink oil is a waste product to fur production, one that has a bunch of other (hidden) applications too. (Also, retards hating fur no matter what is the entire reason fur farming went to heartless chinks...)
>>
>>669289
Let me guess, 1st Allied Airborne 509th, or 13th?

I do 17th SS Pioneers.
>>
>>669450
>>669450
517th PRCT actually
here's a pic of us at an event in October

the camo paint is aircraft grade primer and engine enamel (both spraypaint), which the 517th actually used

I was previously borrowing boots two sizes too big and stuffing the toes to compensate
>>
File: 517.jpg (260 KB, 960x540) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
517.jpg
260 KB, 960x540
>>669596
>>
OP, do this
>>668991
Obanauf's is legit. You can also use Huberd's, but it smells like a campfire.
If they are good shoes/boots and they fit correctly the break-in period should be small or feel comfortable right away
>>
>>668978
Kiwi and lots of walking. Everything else is just a meme. Dafuq you think the airborne used?
>>
>>668978
I wear them for eryday use. But beware. Bven when broken in the heels are super hard. I fucked mine up pretty good on my first hike. Its tough leather ment to last. But mink oil (technically bad breaks down leather whatever) inside and out after a good soak should do it.

Pic related. Everyday in a machine shop for the past 9 months and multiple 3 day hikes.
>>
>>669596
Here is our group at Rockford WWII Days last September.
>>
>>669863
shit, wait, Rockford was September
that pic (>>669597) is us there, I just got the dates mixed up

that's cool
>>
>>669896
No shit Anon.

Where are you guys out of. I'm Wisconsin.
>>
>>668978
I have a pair of all leather Frye boots that have lasted me years.

My regular process is to clean them with saddle soap, treat/seal them with Nikwax leather conditioner+waterproofer and then polish.

The cleaning/conditioning only needs to be done a few times a year unless they get really dirty. Polish as needed when they get dull.
>>
>>670257
we're out of all over the Chicago exurbs, from O'Hare on out to Plano
except one guy from MI
>>
>>670445
There are several event is Central WI you should look at.

> Pioneer Village is May 20th-22nd in Saukville, WI
It's a new event on it's second year but the first year went over very well and they want to expand.

> Iola Military show (usually the 1st or 2nd week of August) We call it the battle of the farb, the battle is piss poor, but the shopping is really good.
>>
>>668978
This guy >>669702 has it. Kiwi Saddle Soap. Rub it in, wipe it off. Repeat as necessary, especially before and after getting them wet. The leather will last forever that way.
>>
>>670667
heh, I've got family in Appleton, so I've actually been to Iola
probably can't do Saukville
there's an IL event our unit usually does, and I usually miss it because of finals
>>
>>671335
We need to get together at Rockford or maybe Iola. Go around the SS encampment and ask for "The Stug".

I use to belong to the 401st Glider Infantry, they always set up by the church.
>>
>>671368
yeah, definitely
keep an eye out for the only airborne guys with spray painted camo, that's us
>>
>>671385
or 82nd pathfinders did it to.
>>
>>671387
I think 82nd had brushed on camo
>>
>>671368
hey, some other guy in my unit says he might know you
are you butter bean?
>>
>>671561
Yeah. Was String Bean, then butter bean back when I was a skinny fuck.
>>
>>671725
my friend does 12th AF up at Oshkosh
he says he knows you
>>
>>671730
Oh yeah, the Bomber Group.

I have not been there in a year or two.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6
Thread DB ID: 465303

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.