[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so I bought a pair for Corcoran jump boots for reenacting what's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 6

File: 1510-420x660[1].png (171KB, 420x434px) Image search: [Google]
1510-420x660[1].png
171KB, 420x434px
so I bought a pair for Corcoran jump boots for reenacting
what's the best oil or other treatment for them?
what's the best way to break in all leather boots?

I've never owned a pair of all leather boots, just some Merrells and Oboz, so I don't know how to care for the leather
>>
I use obenaufs lp for winter rain/ boots that will get muddy at the beginning of the rainy season. Obenaufs leather protectant for a quick coat on top of it after washing them off.
>>
Mink Oil Or Brown Kiwi shoe polish and scrub the absolute fuck out of it.

And another guy doing Airborne... sweet Christ.
>>
File: MinkBybyTsaiproject.jpg (72KB, 500x290px) Image search: [Google]
MinkBybyTsaiproject.jpg
72KB, 500x290px
If you use mink oil remember how qt minks are. Also, when I was looking for a picture I saw some mink in a cage. Probably in a Chinese farm.
He appeared to be blind in both eyes but half his face looked rotten, like a zombie.

That's what you're supporting when you buy it.
>>
>>669177

No one cares
>>
>>669177
I'd tell you to go sick on a dick, but you'd complain that it's not vegan.
>>
>>669190

No he is right. None of us care.
>>
>>668978
I like the way altberg explains leather boot care.
http://www.altberg.co.uk/leder-gris/product/leder-gris-original/

Take note how there's a high wax content to protect against moisture and dirt.

As for breaking in, just keep wearing them. Using water tricks and such can backfire.
>>
>>668992
yeah, I know, there are already too many airborne guys
but my reenacting unit doesn't do 101st or 82nd like everyone else at least

>>669177
>probably in a Chinese farm
and this I why I don't give a shit
nothing will stop the Chinks from horribly mistreating animals for money

>>668991
>>668992
>>669254
thank you
>>
>>669177
Mink oil is a waste product to fur production, one that has a bunch of other (hidden) applications too. (Also, retards hating fur no matter what is the entire reason fur farming went to heartless chinks...)
>>
>>669289
Let me guess, 1st Allied Airborne 509th, or 13th?

I do 17th SS Pioneers.
>>
>>669450
>>669450
517th PRCT actually
here's a pic of us at an event in October

the camo paint is aircraft grade primer and engine enamel (both spraypaint), which the 517th actually used

I was previously borrowing boots two sizes too big and stuffing the toes to compensate
>>
File: 517.jpg (260KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
517.jpg
260KB, 960x540px
>>669596
>>
OP, do this
>>668991
Obanauf's is legit. You can also use Huberd's, but it smells like a campfire.
If they are good shoes/boots and they fit correctly the break-in period should be small or feel comfortable right away
>>
>>668978
Kiwi and lots of walking. Everything else is just a meme. Dafuq you think the airborne used?
>>
File: IMG_20160120_242127727.jpg (4MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160120_242127727.jpg
4MB, 4160x2340px
>>668978
I wear them for eryday use. But beware. Bven when broken in the heels are super hard. I fucked mine up pretty good on my first hike. Its tough leather ment to last. But mink oil (technically bad breaks down leather whatever) inside and out after a good soak should do it.

Pic related. Everyday in a machine shop for the past 9 months and multiple 3 day hikes.
>>
>>669596
Here is our group at Rockford WWII Days last September.
>>
>>669863
shit, wait, Rockford was September
that pic (>>669597) is us there, I just got the dates mixed up

that's cool
>>
>>669896
No shit Anon.

Where are you guys out of. I'm Wisconsin.
>>
>>668978
I have a pair of all leather Frye boots that have lasted me years.

My regular process is to clean them with saddle soap, treat/seal them with Nikwax leather conditioner+waterproofer and then polish.

The cleaning/conditioning only needs to be done a few times a year unless they get really dirty. Polish as needed when they get dull.
>>
>>670257
we're out of all over the Chicago exurbs, from O'Hare on out to Plano
except one guy from MI
>>
>>670445
There are several event is Central WI you should look at.

> Pioneer Village is May 20th-22nd in Saukville, WI
It's a new event on it's second year but the first year went over very well and they want to expand.

> Iola Military show (usually the 1st or 2nd week of August) We call it the battle of the farb, the battle is piss poor, but the shopping is really good.
>>
>>668978
This guy >>669702 has it. Kiwi Saddle Soap. Rub it in, wipe it off. Repeat as necessary, especially before and after getting them wet. The leather will last forever that way.
>>
>>670667
heh, I've got family in Appleton, so I've actually been to Iola
probably can't do Saukville
there's an IL event our unit usually does, and I usually miss it because of finals
>>
>>671335
We need to get together at Rockford or maybe Iola. Go around the SS encampment and ask for "The Stug".

I use to belong to the 401st Glider Infantry, they always set up by the church.
>>
>>671368
yeah, definitely
keep an eye out for the only airborne guys with spray painted camo, that's us
>>
>>671385
or 82nd pathfinders did it to.
>>
>>671387
I think 82nd had brushed on camo
>>
>>671368
hey, some other guy in my unit says he might know you
are you butter bean?
>>
>>671561
Yeah. Was String Bean, then butter bean back when I was a skinny fuck.
>>
>>671725
my friend does 12th AF up at Oshkosh
he says he knows you
>>
>>671730
Oh yeah, the Bomber Group.

I have not been there in a year or two.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.