[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For hunting, how do you improve your spotting skills?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

For hunting, how do you improve your spotting skills?
>>
>>668715
spot moar
>>
>>668715

bring your spotting equipment with you and spot things throughout the day
>>
File: bro spotter.jpg (33KB, 336x500px) Image search: [Google]
bro spotter.jpg
33KB, 336x500px
get a job as a construction worker
>>
As odd as it sounds don't look for an individual animal.. Just look for anything that stands out/moving/shouldn't be there.

Also keep your ears open.. from my experience durr/burr/moose, etc are all a bunch of chucklefucks when it comes to walking innawoods and constantly snap branches/make a lot of noise.
If you wait and sit downwind, you'll have no problems.
>>
Remember the 5 Sluts and a Mole. Speed, Size,Spacing, Silhouette, Shadow, Movement. Pick one and just consciously practice identifying different objects based on the principle, then tomorrow pick another. After a while of consciously identifying things that stand out your subconscious will start to make you aware. One of the few things I took seriously in my marksmen training and it is still relevant in my day to day.
>>
>>669883
You hit the nail on the head.

A tip I can give is to dedicate 2-3 days of hunting without your firearm. Bring a spotting scope, or some binos and focus simply on spotting and tracking. This will help to garner your full attention towards spotting, and not having to subconsciously mind your firearm. Once you feel confident, bring your firearm and practice solely tracking and spotting. Remember never use a rifle mounted scope as a spotting device and only point your firearm at what you intend to kill. Oh and always treat ever gun as loaded and never put your finger on the trigger.
>>
>>668715
Get some better glasses or consider lasek surgery.
>>
>>668895
>surveyor
Actually wrecks your eyes desu.
>>
>>668904
A new kind of serial killer is born.
>>
I had this old shotgund from my kind of I don't remember waht relative for hunting butt I never used it.
How do I know if it haunts?
>>
File: IMG_20150906_091059124.jpg (1MB, 1456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150906_091059124.jpg
1MB, 1456x2592px
Here is a deer for you anon, now that you've spotted it what are you going to do with the rest of you life?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.