[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sup guys, how is it going? So I love /out/doors but most of the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: o-RUNNING-facebook.jpg (377KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
o-RUNNING-facebook.jpg
377KB, 2000x1000px
Sup guys, how is it going? So I love /out/doors but most of the time I only hike/camp and do some MTB and even though I'm reasonably fit I would like to improve my arms and back size and strength.
What activities should I start looking for? My first thought was climbing but despite rock climber usually having a nice strong upper they don't seem to get bigger in size.

Tl;dr /out/doors activities to build up strength and muscle in the arms and back
>>
Start splitting wood
>>
You're looking for the /fit/ sticky
>>
I kayak around a small lake in the National Forest near my house. It isn't as ideal as a float trip on a river, but if I push myself it turns into a great back and shoulder workout.
>>
The rock climbers I've seen look pretty huge to me, if you want bigger muscles than that you probably need to lift heavy. My /out/ activities are all more geared towards skill and endurance, I like to hike, ski, kayak, shoot guns and bows, fish, and run on trails. Strength and fitness are key for all of these but bulking up to 300lbs of solid muscle would not really be helpful, and would be detrimental for some. If that's what you're after I think heavy squats and deadlifts are what you're looking for. One other thing to consider is yoga, it won't make you a hulk by itself but it can be really good for strengthening stabilizer muscles and connective tissue, reducing injuries from heavy lifting and creating a more well rounded kind of strength.
>>
>>668540

Rock climbing makes you strong but not big. Musclebound people don't make good climbers because they're power to weight ratio is worse than a wiry, strong-relative-to-bodyweight climber.

Paddling/rowing/climbing are all great for arms/back but won't increase your size. Really no bodyweight exercises will do that, you have to lift weights. See /fit/'s sticky.

For the record, being big is really only an aesthetic improvement and will have no value /out/side. Being strong relative to your bodyweight, very flexibl, and capable of doing lots of cardio will improve your outdoor experiences considerably.
>>
>>668540

Go lift weights you dumbass.
>>
>>668540
Having been both bulk/large muscular and lean/climber muscular I highly recommend the latter. Granted my lean size is a lot of people's desired bulk size, thank you genetics.
Being overly large takes a toll on your body, even when fit as hell.
>>
File: image.jpg (45KB, 322x455px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 322x455px
>>668540
Bear wrestling
>>
OP here. Some solid advice guys, I appreciate it. My goal it's not to get gigantic, plus I that is not in a blinck of an eye that you get big, I do want to improve my upper strength since I'm pretty happy with my legs. I did 100m as young kid and played football all my youth but those sports didn't do much for my arms, back and even my neck.
I want something /out/ because lifting weights inside a gym it's boring as fuck.
>>
>>668669
I agree with the sentiment
rock climbing is pretty good. also eat a lot to get big.

you could also do some manual labour. get a shovel and dig, lay down a doundation, build something on top. be careful with the knees and back (you may want to at least look up proper deadlifting form since you'll be literally picking up heavy shit from the ground), have fun
>>
I got one, it's pretty hard though.

step 1, go /out/
step 2, walk to a gym
step 3, go inside and use their equipment after paying for the right to do so.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.