[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Girlfriend got me a stove that came with this bottle... Where

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (1MB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 640x1136px
Girlfriend got me a stove that came with this bottle... Where do I fill it? How do I use it once filled to refill the smaller canister? Am I way off base?
>>
>>668287

Buy a bottle of liquid fuel and pour it in... Honestly I suggest you read the manual and probably watch a few videos of your new stove being used just in case you do something silly.
>>
>>668287
pretty sure those stoves can run on almost *anything, it just has to be pressurized
>>
> where do I fill it?
There should be a cap on the top that comes off and has a hole to the inside. Fill thru hole.
>>
>>668287
naphtha, kerosene, alcohol, gasoline, diesel........
>
also "brand name" multi fuel?
>>
>Multi-Fuel: Burns white gas, kerosene, unleaded auto fuel, diesel, and jet fuel.
that was copied from their website
>>
>>668291
It depends on the nozzle

>>668287
What kind of stove did you get OP?
>>
>>668313

Prolly an MSR
>>
>>668303
Also, any type of alcohol: ethanol, methanol, isopropyl, acetone... paint thinner, gasoline, nail polish remover, moonshine, etc.
>>
>>668287
Cook w the small bottles, they hold pressure easier w fewer pumps, the large ones are great for transportationx
>>
>>668335
> bottles
> plural

That cheap bitch didn't buy op more than one bottle. He's lucky one came with the stove or he wouldn't know what to do.
>>
>>668287
You should really just use "White" gas, preferably the MSR brand as other brands are dirtier and will clog up your stove over time. (i've only found it at REI in my area)
Coleman camp fuel is good too.
>>
>>668290
Seconding this, if you don't know how to use a whisperlite, you'll probably end up setting something on fire.

in a nutshell
attach hose, pump, and bottle to stove.
pump 10 times or so.
open valve slightly and watch for liquid fuel to fill your primer cup (at the bottom of the coil is a cupped piece of metal)
when its almost to the top, turn off the gas.
light the gas, careful of the flash
let it burn out completely (this will prime your fuel pipes via black magic, i dunno how it works)
pump 15-20 more times
open valve and you should hear the hsssss, (if liquid fuel comes into the primer cup instead, repeat the above process)
Light stove top quickly, adjust gas until you have a steady flame from the element

voila
>>
>>668380
I should mention I set a picnic bench on fire and burned my hand the first time using it because I let the gas over run into the primer cup.
>>
>>668383
You'll also scorch tables if you don't put a heat shield/mat under the stove. Whisperlights put out a lot of heat.
>>
>>668287
read the instructions
>>
>>668287
>>668287
>>668287
>Where do I fill it?
Camping department. Coleman fuel. Buy it.
>How do I use it once filled to refill the smaller canister?
Fill the 22oz. bottle to the fill line. Turn the valve of the pump off and screw it into the bottle so it seals tightly. Pump about 15 times. Attach the hose to the pump, and flip the bail over so it locks. Attach the other end to the stove. Set up your windscreen and heat protector. Make sure the G jet is installed, and bleed some fuel through the line so it soaks the priming cup, and shut it off. Ignite the fuel and wait for the flame to sufficiently heat the generator tube. It will start hissing and fuel will start to ignite from the jet. Wait till it's almost out and open the fuel valve on the pump. Adjust if necessary. Don't overpressurize the canister.
>Am I way off base?
Turn it off, let it cool, and do it again. Don't go camping until you can do it with your eyes closed. Practice in the wind.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.