[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sleeping Bag Temperature

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: sleep.jpg (10KB, 355x355px) Image search: [Google]
sleep.jpg
10KB, 355x355px
I was told to go with the lowest temp rated sleeping bag that I could afford because one can always cool off by laying on top or unzipping. Freezing your balls off in the middle of the night and not being able to do anything about it is the worst.

Affordability aside, is a -25 sleeping bag used 4 season a terrible idea? What's the worst that can happen, that I don't ever sleep inside of it unless in a snow storm?
>>
>>666219
There is 2 sleeping bag generals, thanks for another thread.
>sage
>>
>>666219
It's much better to have several sleeping bags, than one do-it-all bag.

A -25 bag for 4 seasons isn't a good idea really. It will be much too hot for the majority of the year. You won't sleep well, and wake up covered in sweat. If you're mostly camping in freezing temps, approaching 0 degrees and below most of the time, then sure a -25 bag will work. Most people camp more frequently when it's warmer though.

A -25 bag will be significantly heavier and bulkier than a warmer rated bag. If you never hike and backpack, then it's not a concern. If you have to carry the -25 bag everywhere, it'll suck.

It's better to have a sleeping bag for winter camping, an intermediate bag for early spring/fall, and a lighter summer bag.

If you do only want ONE BAG TO RULE THEM ALL. I'd say a 20 degree sleeping bag is best. You can wear clothes and get a liner for colder temps, or open it up and vent it for warmer days.

For me, I have a 0 degree set up for winter, a 32 degree set up for spring/fall, and a 50 degree set up for summer. I can take each set up lower or higher with a liner, or wearing less clothes under. So really I have myself covered from sub zero temps on up.
>>
>>666234
Drawing attention to the fact that you are saging is a rule violation fyi.
>>
>>666298
Source?
>>
>>666365

Global rule #7

>>Submitting false or misclassified reports, or otherwise abusing the reporting system may result in a ban. Replying to a thread stating that you've reported or "saged" it, or another post, is also not allowed.
>>
>>666219
DO NOT BUY THAT SLEEPING BAG!

I've owned that bag for around 5 years and got 2 years of use out of it before the zipper failed me. I about froze to death. Had to use a space blanket to wrap around myself then wrap the sleeping bag around that.
>>
>>666566
I'm thinking the bag in the pic was just for a pic. I've seen it before on amazon, looked like garbage
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.