[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Theoretically if someone was to go out and hunt dolphins, where

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 5

File: dolphin11a.jpg (12KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
dolphin11a.jpg
12KB, 460x276px
Theoretically if someone was to go out and hunt dolphins, where would the most effective shot placement be?

would .50 beowulf be enough to go through water and still be lethal, or should they just use a spear?
>>
>>665942
For dolphin shooting you'll want to use a subsonic round as high speed rounds tend to break up on impact with the water or at least are seriously deflected, gas powered harpoon is the best dolpin hunting weapon I'd say but you know shooting dolphins would be more satisfying I feel, please post pictures of the result. As an offshore sailor I fucking hate dolphins.
>>
>>665942
Bow/spear/harpoon for hunting dolphins would probably be more effective than bullets. Unless you're shooting perpendicular to the water's surface your rounds are likely to disintegrate upon impact. Mybusters tested this. No comment on the subsonic rounds and their abilities to break the surface of the water at an angle. Also ricochets are entirely probably and likely shooting water at an angle.
>>
>>665952
>>665964
do you guy's think that some gun powder charges would work to injure them or break up groups of them

I failed to mention that I plan to be doing this on my sea-doo
>>
did a dolphin rape you or something?
>>
Shouldn't we just dynomite the fucking dolphins?
>>
>>666012
Wow, fuck you
>>
>>665942
Come to Merritt island mate I'll fucking fight you.

Hunting such an intelligent animal. Goddamn.
>>
>>665942

Don't use a gun at all, the water will just stop it enough that after a few feet it loses all power. They test all sort of ballistics that way.
>>
>>665942
bullets tends to shatter upon impact with water and will not penetrate far with much cohesion or power.

Nets would probably be the most effective, dragged between two surface vessels and herding a group to shallow waters, forcing them to beach themselves.
>>
>>666060
no need to get so angry, I know most people wouldn't think of hunting dolphins and I'm not doing it to be an asshole I just really can't help myself if I see a wild animal without any owner I'm filled with the urge to kill it

>>666065
dolphins are mammals so I assume they have jugulars veins should I try and 'slit their throats' once on land or try and go for the heart I assume it's just one or two inches behind their flippers
>>
>>666074
>Le edge

Why not try baiting the dolphins in forst, since you're obviously a master of baiting.
>>
>>666074
>dolphins are mammals so I assume they have jugulars veins should I try and 'slit their throats' once on land or try and go for the heart I assume it's just one or two inches behind their flippers

hey man I'm just taking part here as a theoretical exercise, but the Japanese have this down to a science, I think they cut them up once they've been beached.
>>
>>665952
>As an offshore sailor I fucking hate dolphins.

You should like dolphins, they save cocky fucks like you from drowning.
Dolphins are based as fuck.
If you treat them right you might even get to see their ra...love cave.
It's a big honour in dolphin society to take a trip to their love cave.
>>
>>666084
Dolphins are literally the worst fucking animals in the sea, they're like cats love to torture other animals amd they're just fucking show offs, fuck them.

>>666012
>>666045

Explosives do seem like a great idea, the pressure wave should be enough to kill them and if not at least rupture their swim bladder. If you could get something bigger than a seadoo, something that will createba decent wake so when they come to show off their little cunt tricks in your wake then fucking let off some charges and kill the fucks.
>>
>>666141
>they're like cats
atleast dolphins don't spread brain parasites that infected a large percentage of our population.

judging from your edge you're probably infected already, enjoy your schizophrenia.
>>
>>666145

Go back to your containment board, we don't want you here.
>>
>>665942

You must be Japanese.
>>
>>665942
>use hypersonic bullets
>make them little tips of needles
>now you have cavitation effect
>your bullet travels in vacuum
>very little resistance and friction

you have to adjust your aim tho for the refraction from surface.
>>
>>665942
what the fuck is wrong with you people?
I came here to hopefully get some useful tips for camping but you're a bunch of fucking psychopaths
>>
>>666074
I honestly hope you die very soon
>>
>>667122
>bunch of fucking psychopaths
That's 4chan in general

But it's a troll Jesus
I'm just here to see where the thread goes.
>>
File: stork.jpg (1MB, 2809x2107px) Image search: [Google]
stork.jpg
1MB, 2809x2107px
>>665942
>>665952
show me, where the Bad Fish touched you?,, no, No dont!,
,Dophins can see thru you,, into you,,, past you.
,, swim withem, and they will see your soul,,, once they understand you,,, they will an hero.
>>
File: kao.jpg (505KB, 1509x1262px) Image search: [Google]
kao.jpg
505KB, 1509x1262px
>>667286
or they will just LAFF!, a sad laff.
>>
>>665942
I live in Florida and the dolphins around here are very friendly towards humans. I usually boat out until I find a pod of them. I use a 12 gauge slug when they get close to the surface to greet me. Very tasty creature, tastes kinda like Venison. Some bits taste like fatty bacon. Makes me hungry just thinking about it. I might go out this weekend.
>>
>>666141
>Dolphins are literally the worst fucking animals in the sea, they're like cats love to torture other animals amd they're just fucking show offs, fuck them.
well you eat animals for the sole reason of pleasing your tastebuds m8

hunters are retards

>>667122
no difference in killing dolphins for no reason than any other animal
>>
>>667157
>implying dolphins don't shitpost on 4chan
>>
>>667286
BaconRider, is that you?
>>
>>667394
he is autism made flesh
>>
>>667339
Pleasing my tastebuds is just a side effect of survival
>>
>>667286
>>667287

Bacon Rider pls go.
>>
>>665942
No bullets don't travel well through the water, it's incompressability fucks everything up.
>>
File: dolphin slam.png (503KB, 2053x2041px) Image search: [Google]
dolphin slam.png
503KB, 2053x2041px
>>665942

Dolphins are the rapists of the sea.
>>
>>667681
This is true, a dolphin raped my adoptive father to death in their underwater rape caves. All we could hear from the surface was his screams bubbling up from the deep, but by the time we got to him it was too late for even an open casket funeral.
>>
>>667682

Yeah the males rape human males for showing dominance. The Females want a to make hybrid humans for use as slaves in their Indonesian rape caves.
>>
Dolphions are great

veryu delicious
>>
I would totally fuck a dolphin, given the opportunity.
>>
>>667681
Fuck please make this.
>>
>>665964
>>665942
A 357 magnum cartridge (or bigger) in a powerhead on the end of a spear shot from a spear gun is my best guess. Or a "bang stick", shotgun shell on the end of a pole spear. That's how you kill large fish and gators.
>>
Depth charges/pipe bombs would work well if you don't care about collateral.
>>
File: 1342125150925.jpg (48KB, 640x512px) Image search: [Google]
1342125150925.jpg
48KB, 640x512px
>>665942

Ok so this is what you do!

Play this first and skip to 14:38 and pause

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrsYD46W1U0

Then play video above as you start playing this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJD8MT1Jfs8

Thank me later...
>>
>>667682
Maybe it was an accident? Or do you think he did it on porpoise?
>>
>>668645
Yeah, the whole situation seems a little fishy to me.
>>
>>668645
>on porpoise
Kek, you faggot :^)
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.