[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm planning a 1-2 week road trip to the west/south west

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 3
Thread images: 1

File: peak.jpg (2MB, 6000x4000px) Image search: [Google]
peak.jpg
2MB, 6000x4000px
I'm planning a 1-2 week road trip to the west/south west in the spring. I live in Wisconsin, and am looking for the best places to do day hikes out there. There's so many spots I'm interested in, I don't know which to pick. Here are some places I'm interested in checking out, let me know which one of these is the best because I can only see a couple of them.

Canyonlands - Utah
Grand Teton - Wyoming
North Cascades - Washington
Santa Fe Nat. Forest - New Mexico
San Juan Mountains - Colorado
Medicine Bow National Forest - Wyoming
North Dakota Badlands (Maybe?) - North Dakota

If anybody has any suggestions of the best places to do day hikes in the west/south west that aren't on the list, let me know.
>>
you are me... that's just weird your trip is almost pretty close ish to mine, I also live in WI but was planning more for the summer

anyroad, here are the things that that im doing :

West Yellowstone and Big Sky mt. Montana

Bob Marshall Wilderness - longer ~ 2 day hike to the top and back of prairie reef I was there it was epic

kayaking in Seattle, Lopez island

Six Rivers National Forest

some trails near Boulder CO and the Arapaho National Forest

and finally the Pawnee National Grassland

I was also at the badlands cool but not worth a whole day in my opinion half day at best but when i was there it was super hot and that's not really my preferred temp it will probably be better when/if you are there in the spring
>>
>>665456
Last year I went to South Dakota Badlands/Black Hills combo. Black Hills was a lot cooler than badlands.

What's at pawnee national grassland?
Thread posts: 3
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.