[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does everyone on /out/ end up homeless. I've seen "about

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: 667577.jpg (4MB, 3872x2592px) Image search: [Google]
667577.jpg
4MB, 3872x2592px
Why does everyone on /out/ end up homeless. I've seen "about to be homeless" threads every day for the last month or so. What's going on?
>>
>>665351
Its really not that bad. Check out /r/almosthomeless and /r/homeless
>>
>>665351
I think that people who are about to be homeless come here looking for outdoors advice. It's not that they browse /out/ and then end up homeless.
>>
>>665357
This x1000. If any one them had experience /out/ they would probably not be asking us how to go /out/. They might be asking more urban specific questions but not 'how do I survive the winter?'
>>
File: 1398019768239.jpg (386KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1398019768239.jpg
386KB, 1920x1200px
>>665351
I think you've got it a bit wrong.
Its 4 channers in general that end up homeless, typically theyre kicked out by their caretakers for being jobless mooches.
The average channer is also pretty shit to live with, personality wise, so I can see where the "pay for your shit, or get the fuck out" thing comes from.

That said, I think we need to get an "about to be homeless" infographic together so we don't have to deal with all these threads popping up.
>>
>>665357
>>665734
Don't forget the last group: /out/ists that realize that carrying your home and finding/catching/hunting for food is nearly free compared to living in society so they decide to just go with the cheaper option so they don't have to work themselves to death. If you live /out/ and can budget, you can just work seasonally and vacation the rest of the time.
>>
>>665734
the only problem with infographics is advice varies a ton just based on where someone lives.
>>
>What's going on?
Trolls/underage /b/ just trying to get attention and have big reddit threads. Just hide them and move on. I like the kind of threads like that cross country guy who was fat and rode a bike. The Pacific Coast Trail guy was funny/informative because of how he packed to much shit he wish he hadn't.
>>
>>665355
Gtfo, hobo.
>>
home is where the heart is
>>
>>665351
>Why does everyone on /out/ end up homeless
We don't.
This is just where people come for advice when they're about to be homeless
You're putting the cart in front of the ox
>>
Cotton is rotten.
>>
Anyone remember the Irish guh that Used to post on out ? Last heard from him Christmas two years ago. He was living out for months , cycling in to town for work and showering at a gym . He had a nice set up innnawoods , last heard he was applying for the army or navy , I wonder sometimes what happened to him , he was a nice guy
>>
NEET's Boomer parents are dying without leaving them houses to live in: because they pissed away what they earned.
>>
>>667054
hes dead
>>
Well like other's have said I doubt if it's /out/doorsmen posting, mostly /out/siders thinking this is the board for it (partially because it actually is as designated by the sticky, and all those vagabond/hobo/trainhopping threads that used to be here). As for why they are common, probably a little bit of the economy being shite (not that being shite isn't it's natural state). But it's probably also because /out/ has a high visibility since basically everyone on the site has been linked here once or twice because of the "get >>>/out/" thing.

I participate in such threads, mostly because I think the best time to get information is before something happens, and it's quite possible such a thing is in my future. I think a good infographic on the subject would be quite useful I'll contribute what little I know. There's common sense advice such as
"Climate matters more than nearly anything else, if you live in the US, or even the EU or anything else where you can freely travel between climates your best bet would be to find cheap transportation (Train/buss/hitchiking if you look decent) and go somewhere temperate, from there you should find a decently low crime socially conscious metropolitan area and bum around there"
"Dumpster diving is a valid way to get good food, most supermarkets throw away a whole lot of edible food because of strict sell by dates which for a lot of things are way too short. Use common sense when picking what to eat, for instance dairy products are suspect, but sealed mostly dry stuff should be fine, bread is usually good, produce is usually OK, don't take anything that has been opened ect. This is so common actually that fearing lawsuits and such supermarkets are starting to lock and gate their dumpsters, or denature or destroy what they throw out. You may have to scope out multiple places before you find anything good."

And here's a blog by some guy who was a working homeless by choice
guide2homelessness.blogspot.com
>>
>>669487
That makes me sad senpai
>>
There honestly seems to be a certain "draw" to being homeless. In a way, it kind of seems like more freedom than just sitting between four walls and going day after day in repetitive nothingness. It seems like an adventure every day that is unlike the normality of everyday life (now, for most), and if you've got it good then even better.

I wouldn't want to be one of the perpetual homeless that haunt cities and whatnot like lepers or ghouls trying to sleep in parks (that aren't national) and begging for change with a Big Gulp cup from QT, but I would like to be homeless in the actual sense of my tent being a home or something.

Maybe I'm romanticizing it too much.
>>
>>669664
>Maybe I'm romanticizing it too much.

Nah. I'm rite there with you
>>
>>669664

Ain't nothing wrong with being a ghoul. Lepers are fuckin' filthy though.
>>
>>669664
I believe you are right, many romanticize homelessness as this sort of escape from all the things that tie them down, their bills, their debt, their bosses, their half paid mortgage, the constant demands made on them by society and their station in life day in day out. Being free of all those worries is a mighty appealing idea. Homelessness satisfies older romantic ideals of traveling freemen who could live off luck or the kindness of strangers. Unfortunately homelessness is not nearly as glamorous for most as they imagine, usually it's just trading one type of worry for another. That being said I'm sure for some people the life of a vagabond is a good fit. But for most it's probably just an escapist fantasy.
>>
File: 2560x1440.jpg (778KB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
2560x1440.jpg
778KB, 2560x1440px
Why should I try /solo camping/?
>>
>>665351
Wow, look at that leather dom checking out that tree to see if it would make a good dungeon. Hope so!
>>
>>671906
It's more fun. Try it and you'll see.
>>
>>669664
>>669724
I am currently living out of my car. That's my home. I was going through a divorce and got laid off a week after I moved out from a well paying job. I struggled with miscellaneous work that wasn't consistent, but just started a job with a company and good pay. Nearly 5 months and living from my car.

I saw it as a challenge and that romanticized idea and being free and paying off my loans. Without the instability from getting laid off, it would have been OK but sleeping in car sucks. I have a small car. 24/7 gym membership keeps me clean and fit. It's not that bad once you develop routines to maintain yourself. Hygiene is huge and maintaining it takes a good effort, especially in car. I clean my car out everyday, usually in empty parking lot. Gave me a different perspective. And I realized way more people are homeless then you would think. I also live in an area with good weather so that helps alot.
>>
>>665814
Might be less in value cost, but l don't think it's a vacation as you put it. lt's still a lot of work to maintain life in the wilderness, anon. l'm not saying it's impossible, but it probably takes more time in a day then "work" does, it's just a different kind of work. L don't think its as easy or as simple as you make it out to be and people who leave to be homeless find that it would be more actual laborious work than living a normal life in society.
>>
>>672992
not the other anon. and although i agree with you in many aspects. I also think it would be somehow better. I personally enjoy busting my ass. hard work everyday or almost everyday and all of it is for your actual benefit. not to taxes that gets put who the fuck knows somewhere in the system, but for you. its to keep you alie and healthy. it seems so satisfying. And no I'm not just romanticizing
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.