[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stealth camping in Canada

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 12

File: ihaveaproblem.gif (301KB, 136x240px) Image search: [Google]
ihaveaproblem.gif
301KB, 136x240px
Long story short I'm going to end up homeless for awhile and don't have money to stay at a hotel. How is stealth camping in Canada?

My plan is to stealth camp in the wilderness, hunt wild game for food and going back to town once in awhile for supplies. I don't plan on going near cities.

What i'm afraid of is getting mugged and confronting rangers. Has anyone done this before? How long will I last in the Canadian wilderness senpai i need to know before I start buying gear.
>>
Bump, good luck and stay strong OP
>>
>>665267
suck up your pride and apologize to your parents.
>>
>>665267
You're fucked. You obviously have no idea what you're doing or how to do it.
Just fucking get a job and live in a tent in the woods.
I see all sorts of lazy fucks around town bumming it. Maybe tthey earn enough to not need a job, but they sure as shit aren't "hunting wild game in the woods" and shit.
Get some min wage shit job, buy food, bum it in the woods or around town.
You're not going to last a week in the wilderness.
>>
Should state what Provence/location your going to be in as it makes a great difference in advice.
For instance the west coast is easily habitable all year round. But northern Alberta/prairies and you'll prob die in the winter, either from the cold or lack of food.

Personally I wouldn't do it if I was you. Because you sound like a fucking moron incapable of doing anything on your own.
>>
>>665267
>How is stealth camping in Canada?
Cold.
>>
File: HighTest.webm (3MB, 988x1080px) Image search: [Google]
HighTest.webm
3MB, 988x1080px
>>665267
>senpai

ITT: How to spot the meaningless daydream questions online.
>>
There's probably a reason why homeless people don't live in the bush in Canada. You won't last long.
>>
>>665349
This

>>665275
Also this

>>665267
Apologize to your parents or catch the Megabus to California and panhandle.
>>
>>665275
wish I could but they're going to be bankrupt

>>665276
which town?

>>665287
show me a better way to live

I already kind of knew it was impossible to survive in canada being homeless, I think im going to just going to commit sudoku instead. It was nice knowing you faggots.
>>
>>665356
How are we supposed to give you sound advice if you still won't state what Provence/area?

I'll be doing this exact thing in few years out on the west coast. Currently collecting gear/books/info on surviving longterm.
If possible I'd like to live the rest of my life free of the taxman.
It is possible but again, without the location any advice one gives is useless.

As far as CO's go, stay away from any major roads, don't make it obvious that your around and they shouldn't come looking for you.
At most you'll have to deal with random assholes running into you and possibly reporting you.
If you can get a status card, do it.
Even via C91 loophole, adoption by native.
>>
>>665349
Yea because the CO's will come burn your house down/evict you if ya make a perm shelter and they find out.
A couple was living in the same house for 20years tax free. Then the lawman came around and fucked it all up.
Because hurr durr muhh crown land.
The fuck ever happened to the people owning the land and the government working for the people, not against them..
>>
>>665267
OP we probably need a region to even start thinking about if this is possible. I mean west coast, you've got rain as your primary enemy. North the cold, central like Ontario Quebec I think population density is the trouble, and east I don't know that well but maybe weather is the biggest danger. The food issue is another question on top of this. Then have you got a vehicle to worry about? Can you get to places somehow? There's a lot to consider here. We need more specifics. To start off
-what region?
-how far from a city were you thinking?
-what are you starting out with gear?
-how much money to acquire supplies?
-time frame to get a site established?
>>
>>665275
>>665276
>>665354
How about being a bit more supportive guys.
We know nothing about this young anon, maybe he is trying to go MGTOW.
Did you ever think of that?
>>
>>665267
http://therucksack.tripod.com/MiBSAR/Cases/Trask/Trask.html
>>
dont kill yourself anon.

ask for help. ask for help from anyone and everyone.
>>
>>665359

>im freeee
>live on his land doe

like running away to your backyard
>>
>>665356
>wish I could but they're going to be bankrupt
picture related.

>I already kind of knew it was impossible to survive in canada being homeless
It isn't, but if you didn't spend all summer building a cabin and chopping firewood, this time of year you have to do it in a city, not the wilderness.
>>
File: 1442283342164.jpg (25KB, 720x479px) Image search: [Google]
1442283342164.jpg
25KB, 720x479px
>>665362
>>
You should just live in a big city and steal all your food from grocery stores
>>
>>665356
Hey now don't give up that easy. Im Canadian and have been homeless for a few years now. I spend winters in Vancouver island. Ask away
>>
In terms of being mugged... with how far in the wilderness it sounds like you plan to go, it doesn’t seem like you would encounter other people. Still maybe look into getting some training in martial arts, and that may help you with your confidence, and help you not feel so afraid. Failing that, search the net for some quick and dirty self defense guides.
In terms of dealing with CO’s... I’ve never had to deal with a CO, but in my experience when dealing with law enforcement is to not be confrontation and do not appear nervous. It also helps to not look homeless. I would recommend keeping yourself clean and well groomed while you are homeless
we kinda need a region to give you the best help. I assume by the fact you are even considering living in the wilderness (with little to no instruction or supplies) away from civilization at this time of the year, that you live somewhere in BC.
Assuming that you don’t have a lot of bushcraft knowledge, you might want to check out some youtube channels for some of the basics. “Wilderness outfitters” and “native survival” are some good starting points.
I was homeless for a little while, when i was going to college. I stealth camped in a city that had a bunch of woodland areas. I would recommend scouting out and preparing several locations. First start with looking at google earth. Look for wooded areas that have at least 50 yards(100 yards would be better) or woods in any direction of where you would set up camp. Then physically check out the area.Remember if it is easy for you to get to the site, its going to be easy and more likely that other people will find it. I made several debris shelters at different locations and rotated which one I used.

I have to go to bed but if you have any questions let me know.
>>
>>665267
>Canada
>being homeless
Doesn't your country have on of the best social systems in the world? Just contact the local office and they will hook you up with something for at least a couple days/weeks before you figure out something better.
Try to get a job, whatever might it be. Don't do drugs or drink your liver off. Also, you're saying you don't have money but you're going to spend the few you have buying gear when you don't seems nearly enough proficient to make it work out in the wilderness.

To go into the woods you should have prepared yourself in the summer, not in the fucking winter, life is harsh not like some movie, you're going to die /out/there for no reason, man.

Again ask help at your local office, or how the hell it's called there in Canada. You live in a first world country, they will not let you die if you know how to do things. If you're a white christian male forget everything I said, Trudeau liberal cuck gorvernment will give everything to chinks, niggers, kebabs, women and you're fucked.

Honestly hope you make it, bro. Godspeed and report how the things went... if you make it.
>>
File: 840.jpg (67KB, 384x494px) Image search: [Google]
840.jpg
67KB, 384x494px
>>665267
>>
>>665267
Be careful of conservation officers. People who goes Plinking in Canada gets hassled by them all the time for suspected poaching even though they are obviously carrying Plinking stuff like a target stand for steel plates or a bunch of cans.
>>
>>665267

http://www.workaway.info/

Go To Host list
Choose Canada
Choose whatever province you want to go to
Work in a hostel/someone's house for meals + accommodation

I traveled throughout South America and the USA for more than 2 years doing that and spending money only for travel tickets.
>>
>>665514
saved
>>
File: sudoku - moderate.png (17KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
sudoku - moderate.png
17KB, 300x300px
>>665356
>commit sudoku
>sudoku
Trolled.
>>
>>665267
Hide behind the shitroll in a store then leave when the store opens up.
>>
>>665267
nigga you gonna freeze to death and a randy moose will make love to your frozen body
>>
So /out/, like OP I realize I will likely eventually go homeless (I'm a dumb dropout fuckup with no skills, brains, or worth).

What would you say would be essential to /out/fit myself with before that happens? What is the bare essential live /out/ in the wilderness kit?
>>
I know a homeless guy who choked to death on a hot dog. stay strong op
>>
>>667670
Again, if you think your life is bad right now you don't wanna know how it will be when you become a hobo. People will not give a second look at you even if you're being stabbed by another hobo. You'll be hungry all the time, cold, smelly etc.

My advice is try to get your shit together, even if you can't into school at least find a trade that you're good at, then try to get a job. After you getting a job everything will be much easier, yeah will not everything be perfect but at least is way way better than die under a bridge in a cold night.
>>
>>667670
Get a job if you don't already have one. If I were going to be homeless i would want a van or SUV to sleep in. Fuck being in the woods, surely another homeless man will murder you for your gear.
>>
>>666265
>being this new
>>
>>665267
You won't make it nigger.
Winters are extremely tough here.
You won't be able to just make it by hunting and fishing on your own.

When Champlain set camp, 90% of his crew died in the first winter. These guys were good hunters and there was plenty of game around (much more than now).

Also, you'll eventually get caught hunting/fishing illegally. It's basically poaching
>But muh survival
Society hasn't collapsed yet so no.

Even if you're living fairly remote you're bound to encounter hunters at some point.
If I see some crazed senpai who hasn't talked to people for 6 months and is ripping his own eyeballs out, I WILL SERIOUSLY CONSIDER CALLING THE COPS
>>
>>665317
She's not high test, she just has terrible posture.
>>
File: 1450294787530.jpg (6KB, 227x225px) Image search: [Google]
1450294787530.jpg
6KB, 227x225px
>>665317
>dat webm
>>
>crown land
>taxman's land

Am I the only one who thinks anyone who claims ownership of land is full of shit?

Someone just stuck a flag in it, and was like "Dibs, this belongs to the queen or whatever now"

The planet belongs to no-one.
>>
>>670343
>fag
>>
File: anteriorpelvictilt.png (30KB, 91x287px) Image search: [Google]
anteriorpelvictilt.png
30KB, 91x287px
>>670343
>>670353
>>
>>665267
>Canada
>mugged
wut?

>senpai
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=765jYFWfMBo
>>
>>665356
how about getting a job, and contributing to the family household, instead of just bailing on your parents. Three can live cheaper than two.
>>
>>668588
Well I kind of have a death wish so, not like that second option is the worst thing in the world. Though I'd rather die in nice /out/ surroundings rather than urban sprawl.

>>668593
Yeah this is what I hear generally, buy a van, or something you can live out of. I ain't no mechanic though, how fickle are vans and how much of a say does the owner have in maintaining their health? I'd be uncomfortable placing all my trust in something that could break down without a single chance of it being repaired. Or is that something I really should ask /o/?
>>
>>665590
basically this... Even in vancouver it can be harsh to survive outside with limited resources. There's plenty of available resources for getting yourself out of poverty in this country as long as you are willing to work. Just gotta stay away from drugs, gambling, drinking, and falling into a criminal lifestyle.

If all you want to do is try and live in the wilderness of canada then I suggest you get some money first so you can safely set yourself up for the winters. You can't simply walk out into the woods with a fuckin tent in the winter and expect to last the entire season without getting sick of being cold all the time. Gotta get that cabin lifestyle. Or a yurt. If you're handy with your outdoorsmanship i suggest tree planting for a season to get some cash. Then you can fuck off to wherever you want for the rest of the season, maybe get on the ei bandwagon like the rest of those freeloaders. Or you could go work on a fruit farm for a season and make bank that way.

no matter what, you're gonna need money to survive innawoods. Going to need a decent amount of gear and reliable shelter. Once you get shelter down in an isolated enough spot you could probably last a couple months before someone finds you or a forest fire(possibly caused by your shitty stove) burns your house down.
>>670351
The planet belonging to no one is a really cute idea. Too bad not everyone thinks like that or else we would have a lot more peace in the world. I want that piece of the pie!
>>
File: camper.jpg (48KB, 500x346px) Image search: [Google]
camper.jpg
48KB, 500x346px
>>670506
Vancouver is notorious for people illegally living in their campers on the streets. Tons of them around east van who seem to stay there for suspiciously long periods of times. I think they get away with it because they move their shit heaps to a different neighborhood every couple of months and do community service to avoid causing disputes with the residences of the neighborhood they stay in. The most popular vehicles for this are older rvs which you could probably buy for 2-3000$. The problem with those is that they're fuel hogs, bulky and pretty obvious. If It were me I'd go with a late 90's dodge caravan with tinted windows. Remove the seats and put a bed in it then rely on a bbq stove for cooking my meals. A van is a lot less more noticeable then a camper and it would be easier to fix and far cheaper to maintain/gas. I'd also have a bike rack on it to rely on a bike for most of my commuting to save on fuel costs. Go to the library for free internet and to get books, movies and cds. Get a ymca membership for showers and fitness so I can stay presentable and healthy...

Another popular option is buying a truck with a box camper. A bit more cozier then a van but you lose the inconspicuous appeal of the van.

All this talk about this subject makes me want to go make a documentary about those people who live in their rv on the street.
>>
>>670507
Everyone does think like that, as long as it's some chunk of the world they can't really profit off of like Antarctica, or space because space is for homos or something.

Anyways, are yurts reliable in even in northern Canadian weather? I mean it seems like they could fail catastrophically if anything happens to the relatively delicate woven structure, or the outer shell of fabric. I mean compared to a log/wooden cabin.
>>
>>670517
Neat-o, thanks for the advice anon. I'll check around my area and see what's available.
>>
File: yurt.jpg (354KB, 770x474px) Image search: [Google]
yurt.jpg
354KB, 770x474px
>>670521
antarcica has been claimed by several different countries. if they didn't lay a claim then they could potentially miss some sick natural resource mining opportunities when they become exposed.

I wouldn't reccomend a yurt in a colder climate due to the heat loss and the potential for whatever you use for your walls to crack(if you're a poor cracker you might just use a tarp.) It would work a bit better for west coast living because the design is better for water drainage compared to a cabin.
>>670524
Another good component of living in a van is that it would be easier to travel for work like I suggested in this post.
>>670507
Lots of tree planters live out of there piece of crap vehicles and survive solely on their 2-3 month stints in the woods. It's not a bad way to make a life for yourself if you just want to escape society and all of it's bullshit. sure as hell beats sleeping in a ditch trying to live off garbage scraps. The whole idea of living off illegally hunted game innawoods by yourself is a pretty fuckin dumb idea unless you've been living innawoods for quite a long time. Especially in the modern era where there's satellites watching everything and planes flying all over. You'd be spotted the first time you have a fire during the summer.
>>
>>670537
I thought that Antarctica had been declared neutral territory no one could claim or profit from? Well shit guess It just goes to show that you should stay in school if you want to actually know what you are talking about.

As for the yurt I suspected as much as it was designed for the steppes and not for extreme cold.
>>
>>670538
sortof, but as far as im aware there are still claims to the territory. no one is exploiting any resources there however.
>>
>>670538
you could be right about Antarctica. I'm just going off what I seen on a map once and what I remember hearing from the show Departures when they visit antarctica. There's several different countries that have research stations on antarctica but I'm not completely sure if they have laid a claim to the land around the station. Guess i as well should do my research before i talk shit.
>>
>>665514
omfg lol
>>
File: IMG_20151104_183018.jpg (37KB, 537x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151104_183018.jpg
37KB, 537x720px
>>665430
>doe
>>
>>665267
CONDUCTOR WE HAVE A PROBLEM
CONDUCTOR WE HAVE A FUCKING PROBLEM
Thread posts: 55
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.