[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sleeping Pads?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: the river.jpg (75KB, 612x353px) Image search: [Google]
the river.jpg
75KB, 612x353px
Hey /out/, what are some good sleeping pads for a good price?

I am trying to start camping again after a long hiatus and I've always slept on the ground but if i can recall correctly if was fucking freezing and uncomfortable.

I also remember it being cold enough for frost in the mourning so decent insulation would be nice.

It would be preferable if they were somewhat long as i am on the tall side.

Thanks
>>
Sleeping pad ? That a new thing that hippies use on the PCT ? If a wool blanket or tarp wont work. Stay home or at the hotel. Leave the woods for hikers. In scandavia you would get your ass kicked for suggesting such shit,.
>>
I got one of the cheaper thermarest closed cells, ridgewhatever. It was $30 on sale. I've been sleeping out in Colorado springs the last two days, it's pretty great.
>>
File: IMG_20151031_153326.jpg (2MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151031_153326.jpg
2MB, 2048x1536px
>>664657
Retard.

Pads are the way to go.

I have overcome my prejudice and switched to air.

I like Klymet pads. The Inertia XL is a nice one pound pad. The Recon Scout about half. It rolls to the size or a banana, really.

Pure unadulterated comfy: Big Agnes insulated Q-Core. None finer, about two pounds.

My next, Neoair Exo-therm. Light and hig r value, so $.

Klymets pic related.
>>
>>664668
>>664663
I will look into those, Thank you
>>
>>664653
Air-filled are inherently less reliable. And more work. And you have to be careful to not puncture them. Closed cell is what I usually use, but they take up a lot more space. I just switched to a cocoon system, so no more pads for me.
>>
You can get a good closed cell pad for less than 10 bucks. Sure, they're bulky but that's not a problem if you just lash it to the outside of your pack.
>>
>>664739
> more work

My Klymet Inertia XL is 13 breaths, plus hand pump. I wouldn't call that"work", I'm going to breath anyway.
>>
If price is an issue you can get a nice self inflating Thermarest for about 20 dollars. You can go with the closed cell but that money you save is going to cost you in terms of sleep.
>>
File: 1430697018669.jpg (12KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
1430697018669.jpg
12KB, 224x225px
>>664657
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.