[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Abandoned Camp

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: Screenshot_2016-01-12-09-31-42.png (3MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-12-09-31-42.png
3MB, 1080x1920px
Found an old camp near me that's no longer used. It's about a mile up the road from where I am, and is about 500 acres of land with about a 25 acre lake.

Was able to talk to the land owners, who don't live close, and they gave me permission to hike the area and check it out.

Several old lodges and cabins are there. It served as a boys camp from the 1890s to as recent as 2012.

Looking forward to it soon. Will post pics.
>>
More of detail of the map.

Red is the dirt road that I travel to the property. Only a handful of houses on the entire road.

Blue is the closed off access road to the camp which is overgrown some.

Grey is the 500 acres of the camp.
>>
>>664338
Green, not grey, sorry.
>>
>>664332
That looks fun, do it up!
>>
File: 1281378669684.jpg (30KB, 451x263px) Image search: [Google]
1281378669684.jpg
30KB, 451x263px
>>664332
OP take me with you
>>
>>664338
Ah, good old "Camp Lookslikeaveinysack."
>>
>>664332
>>664338

Coordinates?
>>
>>664551
Google maps and type "lake choconut" and it should come up. North eastern PA near the NY border
>>
>>664332

can you tell us how you contacted the land owners?

how did you find their information and how did you approach them? by email or phone? why would anyone want to talk to some stranger?
>>
>>664798

>east coast

trash.jpg

find some shit like that out in the sierras, or any old growth pine forest
>>
>>664810
Antisocial: the post

Land ownership is public record. Anyone can find out who owns what.
>>
>>664818

yeah sorry, im not trying to troll you or anything retarded

just curious how exactly you did all this, and how you contacted the person.
i cant realistically imagine this working

please give further details
>>
>>664896
As he said you can find land registery information easily and then just give them a call, plenty of land owners will allow you to go on their land, when I was a kid and shooting rabbits 90% of the land I shot on was by just calling up land owner asking if I could thin their rabbit population, I'd say 4/5 would say yes if you asked nicely especially guys with grazing land and no cattle on it at the time.
>>
>>664919
It actually is not easy for this case.

Susquehanna County, PA is ass backwards and does not have an online database. I am not going to the fucking county offices to look this info up.
>>
At my work we had a huge plat map. Shows individual properties in the county.

Found the land that I saw in question, and saw it was owned by a group called camp choconut.

Google camp choconut, found a page with some history of the camp, and a link to a Facebook group of former campers and staff.

Wrote a message on there asking who kept care of the land.

Several former campers reached out, including the family who owns the land and gave me information.

They were all extremely nice, and really open to me being about to take a hike and enjoy the property. I'm sure being a former camp it was enjoyed a lot by generations of campers, now it's mostly idle. They were happy of the idea of friendly neighbors enjoying the land.

Everyone I've reached out to, or has contacted me has been great. I have even have chances to backpack in and overnight camp there.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.