[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm about to be homeless near denver, co. I have a tent,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

File: Lighthouse.jpg (548KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Lighthouse.jpg
548KB, 1024x768px
I'm about to be homeless near denver, co. I have a tent, a 40o sleeping bag, some not very warm clothing. I can at least camp away from urban areas.

What can I fucking do.
>>
>>662260
its going to be 15 degrees tonight

plz respond
>>
You sound really unprepared

Got any money? Get a toque, some thick socks(2 pairs, one over your hands), and a cheap sleeping pad.

If your broke, just hangout in gas stations and the like and walk to a different one when you can handle it.

Try to be homeless somewhere else next time
>>
>>662295
If I do that I will die.
>>
>>662260
http://denversroadhome.org/homeless.php
>>
>>662319
Good, loser.
>>
Buy a $650 sleeping bag from Western Moutaineering.

..or move south.
>>
>>662269
>>662269
You need to get to a homeless shelter anon.
15 is not the lowest temp you will see this month either.
This is not a good situation and you need help from churches or government.
>>
>>662321
This is an excellent resource. You should be able to find a place to stay.

A 40 degree bag is usally only good to about 50 degrees. 40 is general the survival rating. Meaning if it's 15 degrees out, it will not keep you alive. Wearing clothing increases what the lowest temp you can tolerate is.

You don't have a friend? A family member? Literally anyone?

Go to walmart and shop for 2 hours. It's not hard, just look at camping supplies and stuff. Then go to a gas station that has tables and get a coffee and sit for an hour with a newspaper. This will get you through the coldest part of the night.

Don't plan on sleeping much.

Contact the resources mentioned above AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.
>>
>>662260
>what can I do?

Get help, NOW. Real help, not 4chan help.

The longer you're homeless the harder it is to become un-homeless.
>>
>>662354
>40 is general the survival rating. Meaning if it's 15 degrees out, it will not keep you alive

Did you just make this up off the top of your head?
>>
File: Things-To-Do-In-Denver_1.jpg (50KB, 300x425px) Image search: [Google]
Things-To-Do-In-Denver_1.jpg
50KB, 300x425px
>>662319

stay active at night and sleep in the afternoon
maybe watch a movie on your phone
>>
>>662260
Go to Boulder, CO. Find some hippie anarchist commune near the university and get them to help you out.
>>
>>662260
Stay in a shelter at night, panhandle at Wal-Mart during the day, get about $150, get on a bus to someplace warm. LA has 40F nights right now, and you can bathe and wash clothes (sorta) in the ocean. Pick up a $5 steel camp cup a big can of denatured alcohol (do NOT drink this) and make a soda can stove. This will be enough to cook food on. Eat as much rice as you can. When you're fed and clean, its easier to find work, even if it's temp work, it'll help you get back on your feet.
>>
Gather up all your personal identity documents and either give them to someone you trust, you cannot lose those. PERIOD.. Go to a social services office (church, non-profit private, public, any one) and tell them you're about to become homeless and you need help. If they can't help you, go to the next one.

Don't try and do this alone, don't try and get by panhandling, don't avoid people you know who may be able to help you because you're ashamed or embarrassed.
>>
>>662421
>Assuming it's shameful and embarrassing to sleep under the stars as a free man.
>Gets told when he's allowed to eat and sleep just so he can keep paying his bills.

I have a roof over my head, I just take it with me when I want to go somewhere. I eat fresh and organic food, I just find it wherever I am. My feet are my transport, and it gives me the time to take in the sights. Free yourself.
>>
>>662438
OK, good for you. But OP is scared, unprepared and in the city in winter. He needs help, not feel good vibes.
>>
>>662438
>being this pretentious about being a vagabond

Don't get me wrong, I have an infinite admiration for bumming around and living out of your pack. It's a dream of mine that I fully intend to fulfill by next spring. However, don't rip on others because they prefer the comforts of society. There's nothing wrong with loving what humanity has to offer when it organizes and sustains itself together in their semi-permanant shelters and coffee shops. I don't want to be a vagabond forever, even.

As for you OP, due to my lack of genuine experience, I don't have anything tangible or practical to tell you. All I have to offer is that it's better to embrace your situation than fear it. There is nothing to fear until your very existence is threatened. On that same token, do not hope, either. It will only distract you and falsify your pursuits. Have hope, and tuck it away in your pocket as something to look at now and then, to remind you where you'd like to be, but always remember that it is nothing but artifice. Take your newfound freedom, and everything of use that you can carry with you, your wit, your intelligence, your instinct and intuition, your reason, and dive into the much more inhuman balance that stand in front of you. Like getting into a pond of frigid water.

Good health and level head to you, anon. Please update us on how you're doing when you get the chance.
>>
>>662440
Correct me if I'm wrong, but one of the first things you'll read in any survival manual is that panic and stress is dangerous, and you need to keep a clear head and perspective if you're going to survive.
>>
>>662452
Perhaps I was being a bit melodramatic, but I was truly just mocking the pretentiousness of the poster for thinking that it's shameful for living anywhere but under the thumb of society. I'm grateful for the people that choose to have jobs, they make my clothing and much of my gear, they grow and transport food I sometimes eat. I just think people should be clear that it's a choice, that they don't have to do it, and that they shouldn't think it's wrong for other people to choose other paths.
>>
>>662260
Find a Walmart and stay there until Monday. On Monday go to the library abs find your states job bank (https://www.connectingcolorado.com/)

Now apply for everyjob you're qualified for then apply for the ones you're not qualified for.
>>
>>662392
No, look it up. Generally sleeping bags, at least the cheaper ones which OP most likely has, ate not rated for comfort, but rated for their survivability temp. Meaning with no clothes, and a constant temp of 40 degrees outside, a 40 degree bag will keep your core temp from dropping too far. Meaning 15 degree constant temp, with no clothes in a 40 degree bag would eventually allow your core temp to drop and become hypothermic.

Keep in mind this only applies outside the EU since Europe adopted the EN rating standard.

Cheap USA bags are almost always rated as their survival rating.
>>
>>662475
I put my bag in an SOL Escape bivvy and use a thermolite extreme liner in cold weather. The combination of thick insulation, hollow core insulation and radiant heat reflection is amazing.
>>
>>662454
Freezing because you're unequipped and inexperienced tobe homeless in Denver in the winter is also quite deadly.

OP needs to go find help.
>>
>>662487
Which is why I said >>662408
>>
>>662459
I never said it was shameful to live a different lifestyle, I said OP shouldn't avoid asking for help when he clearly needs it because he might be ashamed of becoming involuntarily homeless.

If you choose to be a vagabond that's one thing, but if circumstances force you into it then you shouldn't be afraid to seek help if you need it. And OP clearly was not planning to become homeless and clearly needs help.
>>
>>662492
Well, we seem to be splitting hairs. It seems we both agree that everyone should do whatever they feel is best for them and not judge others for being different. The point I'm trying to make, is that it can be a good life if you embrace it.
>>
File: imago mortis.jpg (100KB, 500x441px) Image search: [Google]
imago mortis.jpg
100KB, 500x441px
>>662496
>you embrace it.
>>
>>662475
Everything I found says that all the different ratings were where the average man felt comfortable.
Only the extreme ratings were as you say.
>>
>>662269
>>662260
You sound scared as fuck anon. Why are you becoming a homeless? Try to repair the problem at least until you're more prepared otherwise you're fucked. If you can't do that just ask for help from you city programs, they must have some way help you. In last resort ask for a ride and get the fuck out to some place near the south border, warm and dry. Stay safe.
>>
>>662438
>brags about being a homeless vagabond
>is somehow able to access Portuguese notebook printing forum

You're not fooling anyone m8
>>
> itt taking op's bait

Suckers.
>>
>>662514
You're looking at EN ratings then.
>>
>>662878
I have never agred with that, too subjective and always will be.

> I'm a "hot sleeper"

Does that mean you are hotter than others or need to be hotter than others to sleep?

Those ratings are way too assuming.
>>
>>662402
underrated post
>>
is op frozen?
>>
There's a guy on youtube that has a "how to survive homelessness" series. It's very informative. Here's the first video

https://youtu.be/5xNDo73fjSs
>>
>>663440
I would love to have a long conversation with this man over a few pints. Sage advice would be had.
>>
>>663440
Watched Pt 1-6 last night, breddy gud stuff. Basically, don't become homeless and if you do, get unhomeless by doing what ever it takes!

Like work, socailize, network.

You know, LIFE SKILLS.
>>
>>662260
Rip in piece OP

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_22118586/death-toll-homeless-found-denver-streets-nears-700
>>
>>663979
Whelp, I told him to move south:>>662343

RIP sucker.
>>
File: 20151105_150528.jpg (927KB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20151105_150528.jpg
927KB, 3264x1836px
OP here, I actually had a place to stay (20 dollars a night Denver Youth Hostel, also known as Denver's Hostel Youth, where we slam heroin, eat cheeseburgers, and rub shards on our titties) but tonight I am officially homeless.

I've actually been a homeless/vagabond before, I posted some pics of my adventures here as "Tourthin", so I know the basics but I'm just underprepared for the cold ass winter. The last time I slept outside was November 11th in Denver, it got down to about 25 and with my tent, Western Mountaineering Summer lite, extra layers and some blankets I slept but rather poorly and coldly.

I guess tonight I'm going to stay up after staying at the movie theatre as late as possible and then going to a grocery store. Tomorrow I will find a shelter to stay at. I work and have some money but the reason I'm going homeless is cus I'm poor as ferk and im trying to save as much as possible. I'm heading south to warmth in about 2-3 weeks and I will either stay with a relative or make some kind of hobo camp in the woods. Until then it going to suck.

Vagabonding is fucking amazing, this summer I will be tearing it up brah and I hope to see some of you dweebs on the road. In addition to hitchhiking I will be bike touring (Swamp Ass Rat Riders Crew) and maybe cruising around in my very own AUTOMOBILE if you need a ride. Also train hopping if I can learn

I might respond to some of these posts later

>>662402
I know of one in the mountains near Nederland but that's only in the Warm Time

-Sent free from Text
>>
>>664008
You have a job and you're moving south? So what exactly you do that you can pick up and leave? I'd suggest a different profession. I hear burger flippers are getting 15/hr.

For those really cold weeks you could try airbnb which in most places is cheaper than a motel just be prepared to plow some mans wife
>>
>>664024
What burger flippers get 15 and hour? I don't think In n out even gets paid that much
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.