[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Urbanite

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 4

File: 3891.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
3891.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Hello /out/.
After living my entire life thus far surrounded by woodland and being able to do whatever I wish whenever. I will be returning to my university in a city of almost 3 million people. I would not consider myself a prepper by any means but I am an avid outdoorsman and have spent more of my life innawoods than inside. What I ask of you guys is what I could potentially bring with me to prepare for any unforeseen circumstances. Obviously no guns, bombs, or anything not allowed in an anti-gun city or a college campus. Just things that could help me thrive if things go down. So any urban guys out there want to spread some wisdom? Also general Urban Survival thread I guess.
>>
Are you me?

I think one of the more important things to have is a way to purify water. In Houston, where I attend school, there is no shortage of rainwater. Flooding is an issue as a result, and I think the city getting BTFO by floodwaters is one of the more realistic survival challenges here. Floodwater, like all surface water in the city, is going to be contaminated with a nasty mix of industrial chemicals and the feces of the homeless. Boiling would help, but I would feel a lot safer with a nice filter. Water filtration is a broadly useful /out/ tool, anyway. I also keep flashlights, batteries, matches, a knife, and a portable radio around, but those are basic tools more than survival - specific ones.

I would also feel a lot safer having a gun for when Jamal from Acres Homes comes to kill me and take my stuff, but that'd not really an option.
>>
File: 1383929048262.jpg (25KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1383929048262.jpg
25KB, 300x300px
>>661878
In case of floods, you'll need an saw so you can cut down doors and build a raft. You're going to need at least 500 ft of rope in case the college campus collapses into a large sink hole. A solar blanket would be beneficial when the solar flares come (twice per year usually but probably more at your college). Bear mace can help defend you when you trigger feminists. You'll need a life-straw in case of drought like California is having right now; you can't drink dirty toilet water without one. Last but not least, carry a hammer so you can take your own life if things get really bad. I carry all of these things around everyday and although I have never used them, I'll be prepared when the day comes. Good luck to you OP, and godspeed.
>>
>>661878
Condoms, always have one on you, better have two or more on you. make sure you they fit you perfectly. Make sure you are proficient on how to use them.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmIGXO1TFWw
>>
>>661878

Helps to know what city you'll be going to. Be able to give you more help, specially if you're in Seattle.
>>
File: 1452319563065.jpg (5MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
1452319563065.jpg
5MB, 3264x2448px
>>661878
>>
File: 1452319563065.jpg (435KB, 1980x1485px) Image search: [Google]
1452319563065.jpg
435KB, 1980x1485px
>>662157
Reduced filesize
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.