[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

bugout bag general

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 103
Thread images: 18

File: 2016-01-02 11.49.20.jpg (3MB, 2666x2108px) Image search: [Google]
2016-01-02 11.49.20.jpg
3MB, 2666x2108px
Hey sc/out/s, can you guys give me some help with my bugout/survival bag? I know I'm missing quite a few things. Please rate and give advice and brands that fit the category.
Things I need that are lightweight enough to hike in:
>Foldable shovel
>bolt cutters strong enough to cut through common locks, but also lightweight enough to hike a few miles with
>I'm going to buy a coldsteel latin machete w/ sawteeth to replace this shitty stainless steel one

Also could anyone point me in the direction of decent/cost-effective carabiners so I can actually start utilizing the molle straps?

Yeah, I know I need more water in there. And I'm switching the current canned food out for corned beef hash and oats

Also, I need a lightweight pot or pan to cook with.

Thanks guys.
Post your shit.

>ignore the autistic /k/ patch
>>
try camping more and fantasize less

also on a less derogatory note. what hip flask is that?
>>
>>661512
It's a bugout bag that I keep fairly near to me at all times. I already have all my casual camping gear in another couple of bags, for the most part.

As for the hip flask, it's apparently an "ajmer stainless steel 6oz" that I got at a flea market for $5. It has 2 separate containers. I keep 100 proof vodka in both
>>
>>661523
thanks man. il look it up
>>
File: 20160108_120430-1.jpg (3MB, 2072x2413px) Image search: [Google]
20160108_120430-1.jpg
3MB, 2072x2413px
>>661524
>>
How much does your bag weigh, and how much can you carry?
>>
>>661546
The pack currently weighs about 24-26 lbs (I just bought some 24" bolt cutters and scrounged up a small cast iron pan included in the weight) so it's not that heavy.
I can probably trek for awhile with 60-70lbs? Not sure though.
Keep in mind, I'll be carrying (hopefully my ar15) and my cz-p01. Along with roughly 3 spare mags each.

So I still need to factor in maybe 2 liters of water and the canned food.
>>
>>661546
What is a normal weight for trekking? I don't backpack all too often and have never bothered to weigh my stuff when I do.
>>
>>661509
The catalog is a thing you know
>>657885
>>
>>661563
no more than 30lb. For dayhikes you can get it down to 20#, especially if you don't carry water. I did a comprehensive two-day summer hike, and had to carry water, and it was like 60£ and i almost died. rule of thumb is keep it under 30 tho
>>
>>661566
Good advice. Thanks
>>
Kukri and machete, a bug our bag is supposed to be lightly as a top priority, why unnecessary weight?
>>
I would recommend getting a good shotgun (if you are willing). Do yourself a favor and get some durable hiking boots. And last but not least MORE FOOD!!! Try getting some MRE's, lots of calories, great emergency food. Hopefully I helped
>>
>>661616
The machete weighs like 1 pounds and the kukri, 2. I'm not too worried about their weight. They are useful enough to merit a place in my pack.
>>
>>661645
I've got a maverick 88, but I'm more dead set on carrying my m4
>lighter ammo
>higher capacity
>better range and accuracy

My gf can carry the shotty.
>>
>khukuri and machete
>no extra socks
>no cordage
>czechshit

Come on anon
>>
>>661662
But that's how you reduce the weight of your pack. A pound here and a pound there not all at once in one place. Get rid of the machete the kukri can do everything it can and more.
>>
>>661509
I was tempted to write this off as bait, because it's just ...that bad. But if you're actually serious then you need to know that your priorities are all wrong. You need four things: Food, Water, Shelter, Warmth. First, grab yourself a few mountain house dinners, alcohol stove, HEET and a Sierra cup. Buy a Sawyer mini, fill an eye dropper with unscented bleach, get a bladder system. Get either a bivvy+liner for warm weather or sleeping bag+tent for cold weather/climate and a ground pad. Buy a reusable (sodium acetate) hand warmer, recharge it in the water you'll use to rehydrate your meals. Keep the beanie, and any other warm clothing, lighters, ferrocerium, ONE knife, and the pistol.

You don't need to slay zombies or process tons of firewood. You need to travel light, travel fast, and get somewhere safe.

If you're sure you'll need the other stuff at some point, figure out where you'll be going and keep it in a cache. Put extra caches along the way with food, and water if there isn't a source. Caches are the only place it's acceptable to have canned food.
>>
>>661675
>czechshit remark
opinion discarded.
And I've got rope, socks, and underwear in my pack now.
>>661687
Thanks for all the brand names and such. Much appreciated.
>>
>>661675
Also all your food is heavy, canned shit. What the fuck? Get some jerky, nuts, freeze-dried food, etc. The fuck are you doing, dude?
>>
>>661675
>>661693
AND YOU GOT THE LOW-CALORIE SOUP

LIGHT, CALORIE-DENSE FOODS, YOU DENSE MOTHERFUCKER

AND YOU HAVE LITTLE TO NO WATER, EVEN IF YOUR SHITTY PLASTIC CANTEEN IS FULL

WHAT THE FUCK ANON
>>
>>661694
>>661675
And like 4 fucking multitools
You really think you're gonna need that dollar store Allen-wrench set innawoods huh

That magnesium/striker combo thing is garbage too, the magnesium is a difficult gimmick and that striker gets worn down past the point of uselessness within like 50 strikes

Jesus at first I thought it was okay, but the more I look the worse it gets

fuck
>>
>>661693
>what are you doing
Being a scrub obviously. Thanks for the food tips. Like I said in op, somebody recommended corned beef hash and oats to me which I'm switching what's in the picture with.
Tbh I have no idea when it comes to food
>>
>>661695
What firestarter do you recommend?
>>
>>661698
A regular striker is fine. One that's not 2 millimeters thick and embedded in a block of cheap "magnesium."

>>661696
Buy one or two Mountain House meals or something. Extremely light, calorie dense, cooks quickly with some hot water, and lasts for years.
>>
>>661700
Thanks m8. Got any other advice? Lay into me, man.
>>
>>661696
Peanut butter. MRE peanut butter comes in single servings like gel packs, quick to eat while hiking, 250 calories each, at about 5cal/gram. Snickers bars, CLIF bars, trail mix, etc work well, too. For hiking.

Dehydrated anything. Moutain house is a good brand, but whatever you can pour boiling water into and eat without needing to wash dishes is going to work. I make my own. For dinners.

You don't need breakfast and lunch on the trail. You just need a constant supply of calories you can eat without cooking and while moving.
>>
>>661706
Personally I don't mind a bit of oatmeal in the morning no harm in starting the day with a hot meal
>>
>>661687
I forgot to mention rain gear. I'm partial to the GI poncho, myself, since it's also my rain fly, but stay dry. If you're in a real bug-out scenario, you won't be getting warm by a fire, because fire will attract people who want to take your stuff, hence, alcohol stove.

If your name-brand comment was sarcasm, any of those can be replaced with generic stuff, I just figured you may not know what all the stuff is. HEET, for instance, can be replaced with any generic alcohol like acetone or even gasoline.
>>
>>661709
Okay. This is a BOB. Your home town just flooded/marshal law/zombies/oil crisis/global warming. Everyone just realized that there isn't enough food in town to feed everyone and more food isn't coming, so everyone is leaving to try to find food, and is willing to do "whatever it takes" to feed their hungry children. You really want to start the day off by not only taking the time to cook food, but a high-fibre food that will make you have to stop and squat fifteen minutes later?
>>
The theory behind a bug-out bag is simple: you want to not freeze to death, you want to not starve to death, and you want to outrun the people who will kill you to take your stuff.
>>
>>661509

A kukri and a machete? Are you fucking retarded or some thing? Get rid of the machete and replace it with a Bahco folding saw. Weights less and takes up less space.

No ways to boil water, or any sort of water filter...do you even carry water purification tablets?

0/10, seen teenagers make better bags.
>>
Going to be making a truck bag to go in a vehicle of mine sometimes used by family

What I have so far
Knife
Stormproof matches (or cheap waterproof ones)
Flint and steel
Already have a basic first aid kit
Agallon of water , maybe more
Food (need ideas)
Some sort of cordage
Blanket
Tarp
Not sure what else

I need ideas for food, hopefully we get another big storm and the town buys a bunch of mres again I can take
>few years back
>lose power for 2+weeks
>school made into a shelter
>2 pallets full of mres free for the taking
>>
>>661722
Yeah they are in my fak
>>
>>661722
there's also a canned heat mini stove in there and op said he was getting a pot/pan
>>
>>661710
No sarcasm. Thanks
>>
>>661734
If canned heat is anything like sterno (it is), then it'll take about fifteen minutes to boil one cup of water. Chafing gels are designed to hold food at a simmer, not to heat anything up.
>>
>>661735
No problem. Happy to help.

You really should set up cashes, though. Find a nice, remote lake, bury some food and gear in buckets so it'll be there if you need it. Toss in a fifth of vodka and a carton of cigarettes while you're at it. When civilization is being rebuilt, those will be worth their weight in gold.
>>
>>661737
so he can just make a Swedish torch stove with that kukri he's got there
>>
>>661713
You make good points sir
>>
File: n5XgY1qjbnv3o1_1280.jpg (115KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
n5XgY1qjbnv3o1_1280.jpg
115KB, 640x960px
What's the recommended amount of water to take with you on say...a 3 day trip, and how do you guys carry it?
>>
File: product-lifestraw-large.jpg (40KB, 816x816px) Image search: [Google]
product-lifestraw-large.jpg
40KB, 816x816px
>>661756
Bring some way to purify water, you really don't want to carry three days worth of water. For a bug out bag I would suggest a life straw, you can drink from just about anywhere then.
>>
>>661744
I like to think I've thought things through.

>>661756
Depends on how much you're going to sweat. In the winter when you're going to want to keep sweating to a minimum anyway, you can get away with two litres per day, in the summer on a long hot hike you'll want at least a gallon per day. Also, salt. But carrying that much weight is stupid. Get a filter and a two litre bladder pack or two one litre bottles and tabs or bleach to sterilize it (alternate bottles so it can sit for a while).
>>
>>661798
Also, at least one of those bottles should be aluminium so you have the option to boil water. Steel is almost as good, titanium is bad.
>>
What is the main scenario where a bug-out bag would be useful?

Wide scale virus? Evacuating Nuclear Fallout? Catastrophic climate change due to an asteroid?

What scenarios would actually make sense to go inna woods?

If zombies happened, I feel like it wouldn't be like flesh eaters, it would be more like the movie, The Crazies. Basically if a virus affected people like bath salts in a permanent manner. Not everyone would become violent, but some would, some would be crazy and out to rape or just fight. Not sure what kind of mob mentality might take a group of 20 plus people all on bath-salts. Likely they'd fight each other or fuck each-other or run around punching cars. Bath salt people would even have enough baseline instinct to loot store for food, they might for crazy little tribes.
>>
Do you just like eat the vitamin A & D ointment like a multivitamin or just slather it all over yourself when you need nutrience?
>>
>>661802
>Aluminum
but muh Alzheimer
>>
>>661883
No its for cuts and burns..
>>
>>661883
>>661888
and crotch rot
>>
>>661556
How much do you weigh? 60-70 lbs is a lot of weight, more than anyone else here would want to carry for any type of hiking. Why the pineapple do you need bolt cutters? Cast iron is great for bbq and car camping, not hiking or 'bugging out' so many of you seem to be obsessed with when you would hardly last a day in a leisurely walk with this type of setup.

Today I am sad to be a /k/ommando.

>>661725
>Agallon of water , maybe more
In a car when you have the space and capacity, carry more. Water can be crucial in a car kit. With basic wool blankets and a sleeping bag you can withstand extremely low temperatures since you basically already have a shelter (the car).
>Some sort of cordage
Paracord is meme cordage but it works, is cheap, and is better than nothing.
>Blanket
Wool blankets and a space blanket or bivvy.
>Not sure what else
Road flares and glow sticks. Provide light, can start a fire, heat, etc. If you can;t start a fire with a flare you deserve to die. Flashlights will be useful as well, go with something you can use more than a few hours, solar and dynamo are good options.
>I need ideas for food
No cook options are best in a car because you can't have a camp fire or an alcohol stove inside unless you are burning everclear and even then is not advised. Peanut butter, trail mix without chocolate because it melts in the summer, jerky, anything dehydrated like fruits or veg. These are also good snacks so you can cycle through them and your supply will never expire, constant 2+ year 'shelf' life.

>>661756
Other anons covered this with a life straw but as a general rule of thumb most of us pack out 1.5-3L of water depending on available sources. Correct me if I am wrong. I always carry 3L between two people.

>>661833
This. You need to decide what you are gearing towards (pun intended). If you plan for a zombie apocalypse and there is an airborn toxin instead, you just made a nice backpack for the first smart fucker that has an NBC mask on.
>>
File: image.jpg (89KB, 500x647px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
89KB, 500x647px
>>661833
Never. Literally never. You will never ever, in your life, ever, have use for a bug out bag. It's just something fun to put together, but you'll never actually use it. Zombies? Really? How old are you? Zombies will never happen in real life. It's just Hollywood crap and makes a good story. Flooding? Really? The news will report it WAY before hand and people always have time to get out. Now that you think about it, it's just like every hurricane you've ever heard about your entire life. And they always have time to get away before things get bad. Too many people live inland anyway. Oil crisis? Happening now, still no use. Marshal law? Never gonna happen. Too many billionaires in America who have interest in keeping things calm the way they are, and have the resources to do so. Global warming? Doesn't happen overnight, not gonna "surprise" anyone. We'll just see it gradually getting hotter.

You're better off putting together a hiking bag and going out having some fun with your life then preparing for something that will never happen.
>>
>>661900
I can't tell if this is cleverly disguised bait or if you're serious.
>confused_fry.jpg
>>
>>661926
I am 100% serious.
Now I have a serious question for you... Do you REALLY believe zombies are a real threat on this planet that you need to be prepared to defend yourself against? Do you honestly think the human DNA could ever work like that? This bug out bag stuff is just for fun.
>>
>>661900

I had to use mine when I had to get away from Katrina on foot. So shut the fuck up you stupid faggot.
>>
>>661938
That never happened. Proof - Katrina was on the news well before it hit land so everyone had plenty of time to get safely away.
>>
File: images.jpg (6KB, 279x180px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
6KB, 279x180px
>>661783
I just got a sawyer mini, I think they're better than the life straw as they last longer and have more options. Check it out
>>
>>661935
People usually don't make these bags in case of zombies.... there are various other disasters or catastrophes which are more likely to occur.
>>
>>661645
And wtf is with the spam? Too much salt dude.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-09-21-19-57-27.png (1MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-09-21-19-57-27.png
1MB, 1080x1920px
>>662076
My drug dealer uncle has a bug out bag with fake passports and a shit ton of cash(I occasionally steal from it) in case the man comes knocking.

He has 100k(more like 95now lol) in cash plus all that shit you need to camp out for weeks in case he has to wait till the airport security goes down.

He also keeps a beard. He's already used the bag twice to go out of state but never international.
>>
>>661935
Kek. You're funny, Anon.
>>
>>661725
Truck bag food-
Peanut butter, a couple of 1 pound jars
Honey
Tuna in oil
Sardines in oil
Pound or so of hard candy
Orzo pasta or cous-cous
Rice
Can of ghee
Hardtack
Vacuum sealed dry sausage of some sort. Like summer sausage kind of thing, or pepperoni or salami.
Couple of jars of sun dried tomatoes in oil.
A can of Bega or Kraft cheddar. Alternately, a couple cans of spray cheese
Pound of Bisquick.
Assorted freeze dried veggies- carrots, peas, potatoes, celery, etc.
Couple cans of refried beans
Assortment of seasoning- salt, pepper, cayenne pepper, rosemary, sage, oregano, cumin, maybe a small vial of sesame oil.
Handful of single serve packets of fast food condiments, the more variety the better.

Related gear-
The grill off of a small bbq
4 or 6 large cans of Sterno
Stainless steel mixing bowl, quart size
Stainless steel frypan, 8 inch size
Stainless steel saucepan, quart size
Spatula and spoon
And your regular mess kit

Obviously a lot of weight, but your truck can handle it. If you have to leave your truck, you sort through and take what you need. You also want to have a case or so of bottled water kicking around.

Check and rotate your supplies whenever you change to/from daylight savings time.
>>
>>661943
You seem to be under the impression that everybody in the US has a car. They don't. About 25% of the households in New Orleans didn't, at the time of Katrina.

Here, have some information on the matter.

http://socrates.berkeley.edu/~raphael/BerubeDeakenRaphael.pdf
>>
>>661900
You have a very simplistic worldview. What's your opinion on first aid kits, fire extinguishers, and spare tires? How about life jackets?
>>
>>661833
Main scenario is any disaster or event that displaces you from your home. Fire, flood, earthquake and tsunami, civil unrest, public health crisis, hazmat release, Syrian regime change, etc.

Plan and equip for the events that are most likely in your area. Keep in mind that bugging in is a much better option. You only bug out when you have no other choices. You also bug out to a pre-selected and prepared location. If you just grab SKS go innawoods, you're a refugee until you become another sort of statistic. You might be able to get into Germany, but I think they're only accepting rapists now. You'll have to check.
>>
>>662126
If you're over 20 years old there's no need for a bug out bag. You just need some fresh clothes, some toiletries, and your wallet with some cash.

A knife? Gloves? Sleeping in the woods, really? You're an adult, just get a hotel somewhere safe and wash your clothes at a laundry mat. As you get older you'll look back and see how foolish this stuff is.

>>662129
First aid kits are practical. It's reasonable that at sometimes in my life I will get a scrape, a sticker, etc. and need to bandage it up. Fire extinguisher, of course, it's just good insurance especially if you own a house. Spare tire, sure there are nails on the road.

But preparing for a zombie attack or the world going to shit? Never gonna happen. You'll be disappointed sitting around wishing it did. Do you honestly thing politicians and billionaires are gonna let the world go to shit just so you can use your backpack for a few days? Didn't happen in your great-grandparents life, didn't happen in your grandparents life, didn't happen in your parents life, and never gonna happen in your life. But I'm sure the companies selling this stuff ket a kick out of it.

Quit preparing for the end of the world like a looney and just get out and go camping instead. At least you can pretend the world is ending while you're out there.
>>
>>662154
>You just need some fresh clothes, some toiletries, and your wallet with some cash.

Wow, you really have had a sheltered existence. Try selling your snake oil to the Syrians flooding Europe right now. Or, for that matter, to all of the Europeans getting fucked over by refugees.

You prepare for whatever is the most likely event in your area. Zombies are unlikely outside of a genre of movies, it's stupid to even consider them. I'm 56, what I've learned from life is that shit happens and it sucks not being ready for it. You'll most likely learn the same thing as you get older.
>>
>>661935
So you don't think it's possible for a military with nearly limitless resources to weaponize a virus like rabies? If rabies, which already reduces the brain to its basal instincts and leaves you with nothing but anger and hunger was modified to be non-fatal, you'd have literal zombies. But weaponized viruses (anthrax) and genetic engineering (corn) are just something you see in movies, right?

I'm not saying it's going to happen, I'm just saying that all it would take is a nutjob with lab access and the desire to thin the population, and zombies could actually be a thing.
>>
>>662079
Google hyponatremia. You need salt when you're hiking ten hours per day in the heat of summer. There's a reason salt used to be worth it's weight in gold, literally. You cannot survive without it.
>>
>>662198
>You'll most likely learn the same thing as you get older.
I doubt he will, I mean get older.
>>662154
>Didn't happen in your great-grandparents life, didn't happen in your grandparents life, didn't happen in your parents life, and never gonna happen in your life.
That's some excellent reasoning. All previous civilizations have been destroyed, every single one. This has been going on for, some 200 000 years.

>just get out and go camping
not a bad idea at all.
>>
>>661509
cordage and thread and needles. Mirror
>>
>>662233
I've got cordage in there now (legitimate thick rope and also some paracord). Thread and needles and fishing stuff is in that altoids tin you see there.

Why a mirror though? Signaling?
>>
>>661886
If I have to choose between possibly being senile in several decades and definitely dying of dehydration in several days, hmm... tough call.

Choose steel if you prefer.
>>
>>662154
>If you're over 20 years old

Nice dodge. It's like you didn't even read the post you responded to.
>>
>>661509
Ok op, your on the right track. You've looked at your closet and tried to work with what you got... That's what I did and my first set of gear looked and weighted about the same as your right now.

First off, ignore the trolls! Don't fed them and don't feel bad about trying to be prepared for a situation if need be. What I implore you to do is throw away the labels you have for your gear (bob, inch, camping bag) and use only what you think would apply in a lightweight, long distance, long term backpacking situation. No zombies, no foreign invasion. Just a simple, point a to point b frame. I say this because you have to test your gear to know its potential.

Now take a weekend. Even if it's in your own backyard and try to live off of what you have in your pack. try and view you ruck objectively and judge it based on what you used, and what you could have instead. You'll find out why most of us love merino, layer, go light, go heavy if the item proves its value, ditch axes (unless up north) and a myriad of other things. Test it and you'll find out what works.
>>
this thread reminds me of old k, how i miss it. out is basically /k now. this thread by use of contrast is the best bob thread ive seen in a while. its much more enlightening to criticize the faults and improve on them rather than post a bunch of redundants bobs and only be able to give marginal improvements
>>
File: 1437204875441.png (2MB, 1080x810px) Image search: [Google]
1437204875441.png
2MB, 1080x810px
>>661892
really? This is what makes you sad to be /k/?
>>
>>662198
http://qz.com/496220/photos-what-syrian-refugees-carry-in-their-bags-as-they-leave-their-lives-behind/

If you look at what the refugees are bringing it's: clothes, phones, cash, personal effects and documents.

Because they're not going innawoods, they're going innaeurope; trying to get to a place with a functional society. Same thing happened in the US when people fled Katrina. The one's who could leave didn't go camping for three days, they went to Huston.
>>
>>662844
I assume BOBs are for when there isn't a functional society to jump to readily available... and also it might take you a while to get to the place where the society you're going to be in is, and while you're on your own, you might want some other stuff.
>>
>>662844
>they're not going innawoods
partially because very few syrians are outdoorsmen, so they wouldn't think in those directions anyway
these are urban people

there are however people who have bugged out innawoods irl for example in WW2 when the germans invaded several european countries, the nickname of the local resistance group here was literally "the boys in the woods"
>>
File: 20160110_153452.jpg (886KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20160110_153452.jpg
886KB, 2048x1152px
>>661509
Primarily this is my main gear. If the weather is bad I'll add an actual cutting axe, a hudson bay knife, and wet weather gear. I also have a MSR pocket rocket and gsi cook gear that only gets used if I'm feeling lazy. Salt cured ham is also inside all my bags.
>>
File: 20160110_154230.jpg (798KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20160110_154230.jpg
798KB, 2048x1152px
>>663109
>clothing
Arcteryx Atom LT pull over.
Homemade 100% wool hoodie.
Gore tex cold weather parka.
Arcteryx classic beanie.
Darn Tough wool socks.
Large no name wool socks.
Wool gloves.
Not pictured: Shemagh, ripstop pants and or insulated bibs and boots.
>>
File: 20160110_154816.jpg (779KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20160110_154816.jpg
779KB, 2048x1152px
>>663113
>shelter and sleep.
I mostly sleep in primitive shelters I have built in my areas of operation.
A tarp is my main shelter.
Eureka solitar for when I want a tent.
30 degree sleeping bag.
90% wool blanket.
Gsi skeeter beater ultra light hammock.

I normally rotate between these depending on what I'm doing. But the tarp and blanket has been my good too for the most part.
Missing is a solar blanket. Had a sleeping bag zipper malfunction once around 20 degrees and a solar blanket basically saved my life. Wrapped up in it and then in the unzipped sleeping bag.
>>
File: 20160110_154623.jpg (817KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20160110_154623.jpg
817KB, 2048x1152px
>>663121
>bags
Messenger bag for bushcraft and 3 seasons.
Eberlestock GS2 for shtf, bob, or when I want to pack a long gun.
Maxpedition condor 2 for times I need something bigger than the messenger bag but smaller than the maxpedition. Also is my get home bag.
NF bag is my cold cold weather bag since it's bigger and lighter than all my other bags.
Not pictured is a huge German duffle bag that I keep bags of rice, batteries, ammo, solar, ect in for a long term off grid cache that I can load onto my atv or Jeep with plenty of room to add more forearms and tools.
>>
>>662844
But those are the ones that went through check points and got interviewed. I'm sure there was a shitload of other people that just said "fuck this, I'm /out/." And headed for the hills.

I remember reading an article about a guy who took his family /out/ innawoods and was found several decades later living with his kids and grandkids. He said he didn't even know WW2 happened. I'm still kind of curious how those inbred grandkids with no knowledge of the rest of the world turned out, though.
>>
File: 20151223_162634.jpg (795KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20151223_162634.jpg
795KB, 2048x1152px
>>663126
>location
BOL is just a few miles away on a friend's property. Several hundred acres, clean drinking water from a spring, 100 gallon holding tank, large pond with fish, plenty of deer, bear, elk to harvest. Several shelters back in the woods such as this school bus with stove. An abandoned mines serves as a last ditch bunker as we do have air tanks and breathers. Also have multiple pieces of heavy equipment to block the only road in. Located in a remote area with over a hour response time for police and medical services.
Speaking of medical, we have several people in our group and area that are nurseres and former emts.
>>
File: 20151114_170006.jpg (1MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20151114_170006.jpg
1MB, 2048x1152px
>>663131
>communication
The BOL has a old television tower that's been converted for radio. Our little beofengs work great with it. It also gives is the ability to scan into 3 counties.
>>
File: 20151010_171309.jpg (788KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20151010_171309.jpg
788KB, 2048x1152px
>>663135
>transportation
We all own several four wheelers and side by sides. We have trails that connect several counties that we ride on every weekend. We can make it to two cities this way if need be. For long term, they are several horses running wild close by that allows people to ride them. Loading them up in a trailer or riding them back to camp would be easy.

And lastly power. They are several gas wells in the area with generators that is powered by natural gas. Also we have small solar set ups, but they are also several complete solar set ups at the gas wells. The concept of stealing something from deep innawoods is troubling, bit in long term shtf off grid living, I'm sure it would be over looked by the large natural gas companies as they only check the Wells once a month at best.
>>
>>662124
Why in oil specifically?
>>
>>663109
>>663113
>>663121
>>663126
>>663131
>>663135
>>663154
This was all super useful. Thank you. What rifle is that in the first pic?
>>
>>663223
No problem, friend. I simi homestead and I'm looking into go more "off grid" so I want to help ad many people as I can and learn as much.

That weapon is actually a pistol. It has an arm brace which is considered not to be a stock by the ATF. It's basically an AR15 pistol in 300 Blackout. 300 blk is great out of short barrels and can reach out several hundred yards. Plus you can use subsonic ammo and it's stupid quite when suppressed. Since its not a short barreled rifle you don't need a tax stamp and you don't have any hassle.
>>
>>663234
The fuck? That triangular thing at the butt looks exactly like a retractable stock. Are you messing with me? That's a rifle bro.
Do you have any pics of it attached together?
>>
>>661509
Lose the machete and bolt cutters
>>
File: IMG_20160105_1.png (2MB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160105_1.png
2MB, 1200x675px
>>663239
Not rustling your Jimmies. It's. KAK Shockwave brace and buffer tube. The tube has notches and the brace attaches with a screw in your desired length of pull. Just as long as you don't add a vertical fore grip and "shoulder" it, you're good to go.

I want a Law Tactical folding adapter to make it more compact, but I $300 seems too much.
>>
>>663243
That's pretty sweet man! What's your effective range? How long is the barrel?
No vertical foregrip huh?... what about one like pic related? Or do you not even find it necessary?
>>
>>663239
lol
afaik a "pistol" with "arm brace" is really just some weird terminology in burgerland so they can circumvent certain laws and have a carbine with a short barrel.
If you call it something else then it makes it okay.
>>
File: IMG_20140903_4.png (1MB, 1022x674px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20140903_4.png
1MB, 1022x674px
>>663253
I built this one, it has a 8.5 inch barrel. I just got the optic on it, do I've only shot out to 200 yards, but I seen videos of people getting to 700 yards. But adding a vertical fore grip changes it from a pistol to a AOW which requires some fancy paper work, tax stamp, and a few months of waiting.

As for your photo, I never shot a scar 17, but I always liked them. I've shot ACRs a lot which are similar and they feel good.

The main thing is weight for me. I can build a ar pistol and have it in a 300 blackout and do everything from person protection to harvesting deer since it's basically a 308 bullet inside a cut down 223 casing.

Used a ak for my woods gun for several years, but the weight just got to me and my lame bad back.
>>
>>663209
More calories. Also, I suspect fish in oil has a longer shelf life.
>>
>>663257
Most laws in burgerland don't make any sense in the first place. Where I live, there's a city ordinance that states you aren't allowed to tie a giraffe to a parking meter.
>>
>>661886
Aluminum gives you Alzheimer's now?

You know what? Fuck everything. I don't give a shit anymore. I'm going to eat edamame every day, do a shit ton of steroids, drink a bunch of milk, smoke a bunch of weed and drink exclusively out of refilled Arrowhead water-bottles

Bring it the fuck on, Cancer. Bet you I can kill myself before you get me, you slick motherfucker
>>
>>661509

Get out of here stalker.
>>
>>663547

Don't worry about using aluminum man....you'll forget about ever using it any ways.,
>>
Been thinking about putting a bag together. I was thinking of getting the Red Rock Assault Pack. What do you guys think?
>>
>>663573
Kek
Thread posts: 103
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.