[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Black powder edc

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (58KB, 1280x600px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 1280x600px
Carrying a black powder revolver for innawoods activities? I'm thinking about carrying my 31 caliber Remington pocket pistol. Any experiences?
>>
If you can get something better (I.E. a modern handgun) - do it. If not, than bp can be good for scaring of animals, signaling and so on, although .31 cal is quite weak for most uses. .36 navy is generally considered the equivalent of 380 acp, which is the minimum recommended caliber for self defense. .31 will be weaker than that. Also BP revolvers are fairly unreliable - caps can jam up the action, not fire, misfire, chainfire... Generally if you live in a country where you can carry a better weapon - do it. If not - it looks mean, makes noise, can injure and potentially kill someone, and you can crack a skull with a good pistol whip.
>>
how weak we talking here? Could I at least kill a person with it at 10-15 yards?
>>
>>661249
It will kill him alright, but most likely in the hospital, after a day or two of bleeding out and giving false reports about how you attacked him. Adrenalin works wonders and it is possible that a person will still have time to hurt you, even after being shot. That happens with a lot of modern handguns even in good calibers. Also self defense against people will most likely happen in 1-3 yards. And typically it takes 2-3 shots to stop a person (if he does not get scared away by the sight of the weapon.) For that scenario you need not only a good caliber, but quick follow up shots. So single action only revolver with an unreliable mechanism is not very suitable.
>>
Unreliable mechanism?
>>
>>661258
As I said before: BP revolvers are fairly unreliable - caps can jam up the action, not fire, misfire, chainfire...

Honestly if someone is in arms reach, you would disable him quicker with a good smack on the skull.
>>
From what I heard these little 31 remmmies aren't too bad. One guy said he's fired it over 200 times without a missfire. I got the pietta version btw
>>
>>661261
my friend has .41 cal bp revolver that i've never seen fuck up. personally i've put 5 reloads through it and it worked just like it was supposed to. he never mentioned having trouble with it either. that's the end of my experience with them.
>>
>>661261
Well it's your skin op, do as you prefer. If you can, get the slix shot nipples for your gun. They help with caps getting in to the action. I'd still go for any modern pistol even if it is an old and abused hi point.
>>
For plinking? Sure. For anything else? Why bother?
>>
>>661236
What's the point? They are less reliable then modern weaponry and are no more powerful. Unless you can't get modern guns, then by all means, it's better than most other weaponry
>>
OP, be advised I didn't read thread tl.

My Frenchfag friend keep a bp pistol loaded for 6 months in France and went to shoot it, 6/6, so...

Ymmv, but shittalkers talk shit.
>>
>>661236
Will these fire if they are wet?
>>
>>661830
> keep your powder dry

It's more than a meme, tard.
>>
>>661822
I shot a percussion cap rifle at a range before. And watched the owner shoot it. It had probably a 10 percent failure to fire rate
>>
>>661849
>What is a shitty owner, Alex?
>>
>>661822
No one is saying that they are bad as a range toy. But choosing one over something modern for edc is fedora tier faggotry. Cap and ball edc is only justifiable for legal reasons, and in countries where it is not considered a "serious" weapon.

Most often they have a problem with caps getting stuck in the action, not being unable to fire Problem and solution is shown here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwrM7TE9eJI
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.