[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Packs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: OSP0206-ml.jpg (287KB, 1221x1600px) Image search: [Google]
OSP0206-ml.jpg
287KB, 1221x1600px
Is Osprey the best for mid-price packs?
>>
>>661211
>not waterproof
>not carry-on size even without the daypack
>no tensioned mesh back for superb ventilation in tropical countries
>this is considered a good travel pack in the current year
Wew lad
>>
File: DSCF0506.jpg (623KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF0506.jpg
623KB, 1600x1200px
>comes sprayed with scotchguard and has a rain cover, that's the red thing
>is perfect for carry on
>has tension mesh back for superb ventilation control in tropical countries
>don't know what the fuck the forth thing means
Wew lad
>>
File: CONDOR125vsDEUTER-ACTLITE50+10.jpg (218KB, 1164x500px) Image search: [Google]
CONDOR125vsDEUTER-ACTLITE50+10.jpg
218KB, 1164x500px
Stuck between these 2 bags for both a male and female.
Condor is $180, no frame (can get one though for around $50/$80 with straps), 50L, loads of MOLLE for gear.
Deuter is $240, has an aluminium internal frame, 50L +10L extention, though only has 2 external loops for gear.

Which shuld I go with? I'm hoping to get 5+ years from the bag.
>>
>>661235

Take it from a tacticool fag, Condor sucks ass.
>>
>>661235
I should say, that is 5 years of use probably 5 days per month, so 6 months total use (roughly).
>>
>>661238
Oh really? There is pretty much nothing but good reviews of them. Any suggestions on a different brand that may have a frame?
>>
>>661240

Don't bother. Just get a good regular backpack. How much MOLLE gear do you already have that you must absolutely carry outside a 50L pack? If you're hellbent on being tacticool, save up a lot more and look into Kifaru, Mystery Ranch or Arc'Teryx LEAF.
>>
>>661226
>rain cover
Disgusting. It's 2016, all packs should be made of waterproof material, have ultrasonic welded seams, and hidden zippers or T-zips like Ortlieb packs. Fuck you and your rain covers, those things always get soaked in anything more than a light drizzle.

>has tension mesh
No it doesn't, not like the Thule capstone. There isn't a sizeable gap between the mesh and the backpack to increase ventilation

>carry-on
It exceeds Ryanair's requirements by several inches in at least one direction, and not the one you can compress in

The only good things about it are that it's a front-loading backpack and has a hip belt
>>
>>661244
Normally I'd reply but you don't know what you're talking about. So troll harder
>>
>>661244
but then again, I'm kind of an autist about travel backpacks, so it might suit a lot of people fine.

>I do enjoy my Aether 70, but unfortunately it's too big to take on the plane with me. Or anywhere, really. I use my Osprey Mutant more for everything except cycling.
>>
I have one, it looks really cool and honestly I bought it because it was the right color scheme for my environment. Also very comfy.

However it's very thin material and the pockets are kind of random, like not specific to any sort of gear and there's a limited number. The best cost effective packs I know of are voodoo tactical, they have a few kinds without webbing though I don't see why you guys are so opposed to those. Very thick and comfy, all kinds of pockets and you don't pay a premium like you do with a lot of outdoors brands. The "tactical" stuff is usually competitively priced and more practical honestly.
>>
File: Maxped-Xantha-Backpack.jpg (45KB, 660x360px) Image search: [Google]
Maxped-Xantha-Backpack.jpg
45KB, 660x360px
>>661240
Maxpedition, they make great quality bags. The Maxpedition Xantha has an internal frame aswell.
>>
>>661244
it works for easyjet if the day pack is in the main pack or if the main is not completely full with the day pack compressed down with the straps. If the pack is full bursting at the seams just check it in. It's good as a carry on for non budget airlines
>>
>>661235
I don't know anything about a combat style pack, but I'm pretty sure something like that is designed to be worn over a plate carrier and assumes you have a humvee and squadmates with you.

It's obviously not nearly as ergonomical as the other pack you have shown, can't store as much without additions, and 5 years should not wear out that other pack. I'm all for you getting what you like and finding something that matches your style but in my opinion you have to be a retard to choose that square ass molle pack over the other one. If you want to be camouflaged just get a patterned raincover.

Your comfort (which translates to range and speed) should take the priority.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.