[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anything in Florida ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: state_circuit_map.jpg (46KB, 550x489px) Image search: [Google]
state_circuit_map.jpg
46KB, 550x489px
is there anything in florida thats cool. Im a fan of heights but obviously there is no mountains but maybe any urban treasures i could climb/explore? But this includes unknown swimming holes or caves and things not a lot of people know about that can for fill my adventurous side?
>>
>>659736
Are you a native? If so, what county? If not, when and where will you be visiting?
>>
>>659775
Im a resident
>>
>>659736
Weren't you told in the OTHER Florida thread just yesterday to take up aligator wrestling or did you not use the catalog again?
>>
>>659736
the springs in north orlando or gainesville are nice
>>
>>659736
fl resident here too, all I have ever seen are marshes and farmlands
pretty boring fa.m
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>659802
This old guy I know from the ol' AA meetings goes gator hunting almost every weekend. I want to go with one of these days.

He rides a Harley, and he was showing me pics of some ~8' gator he had propped up on his bike with its front legs on the handlebars and body on the sear. It was awesome.
>>
>>659736
FUCK OFF, WE'RE FULL.
>>
Florida sucks, it's where dreams go to die
>>
File: DSC_0167.jpg (770KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0167.jpg
770KB, 2048x1536px
>>659736
Florida is only good for faggots old people and spics and niggers. If You're none of these things. You're gonna have a bad time.

Trust l when i say. If you visit florida. Just do the tourist shit because anything else you will be bored to death. When a selling point of a place is dwarf cypress trees and swamp land.. Yeahhh.... That or if you own a boat you're pretty set for florida outdoors.

Oh and you better liek spoiders because come early summer.....
>>
Florida is nice for everything but outdoors. Other than beaches but that isn't really /out/.
If you're visiting, hit the tourist things, the theme parks, the space center, whatever. Don't go camping or hiking or anything. There's nothing to see.
>>
guys i live in florida. I've just been lurking /out/ and want to do something but i have no idea where to go.
>>
>>662552
Just go fishing
>>
>>662524
Basically sucks unless you have a boat. Island hopping in the keys is fun as shit, but u gotta have the money for it
>>
>>659736
Go check out Virginia Key off the coast of Miami. Just past that is Key Biscayne which also has some nice parks. Both have great beaches and almost no one visits them. Plenty of places to stealth camp too. I think Virginia Key has some mountain biking trails too. Those are my favorite urban treasures in Florida. 1 minute you're in the city, the next your in paradise.
>>
File: IMG_8969.jpg (3MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8969.jpg
3MB, 2448x3264px
>>662552
Florida's a pennisula with a shit ton of lakes and rivers, so water activities are where it's at: kayaking, canoeing, sailing, fishing, scuba diving, snorkeling, spearfishing, surfing, kiteboarding, sailboarding and hiking through Big Cypress.

I recommend a kayak as an affordable introduction boat, you can always buy a bigger/better boat later on. Chances are there's a body of water within a couple miles of your house, and an awesome one within an hour's drive. This is all from personal experience, I've done everything I listed, and started off canoeing and kayaking.

I also enjoy biking because where I live has lots of cool back dirt roads.
>>
>>667860
My two cents on this is even if you want a small watercraft.. I perfer a motor. Other wise you just get pushed around on most rivers and lakes because so many douche bags borrowing daddys bass boat for the day..

10foot John boat with a 30hp gas motor is all im takin about. You can go as low as a 5hp motor if you want.

Also fuck boat motors.. Fucking 1000 dollars for a 40 year old motor. God damn hate the boating world.
>>
>>667864
Yes I totally agree motorboats are the best boats, but for $300 you can be out on the water in a used kayak, while it'll take at least $1,500 to get a decent boat, trailer and motor, and you still need gas money.

Also I like getting back into the mangrove creeks where most motorboats can't get (6" of water sometimes)

One of my favorite trips I took with my Boy Scout troop was a pontoon boat, fishing boat and 3 gheenoes exploring the St. Johns River and Econ River. No fishing or anything, just driving around exploring. The gheenoes could ride the wake of the pontoon in open water.
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 576x393px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 576x393px
Go to Dry Tortugas in the Keys and go camp for a few days.
>>
>>668233
Alternately, canoe the Everglades
>>
Bumping for interest.

Every year I go to Florida to visit my parents in West Palm Beach, and every year I try to find something /out/ to do. I've pretty much exhausted every nature reserve, and i'm thinking about trying to bring my bike with me next time just so i have something to do...
>>
Any cool shit in Collier county?

I'm gonna check out Collier Seminole state park and Picayune Strand State Forest. Never really been /out/ before so I'm pretty new to this.
>>
File: image.jpg (145KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
145KB, 640x1136px
>>668246
There's lots of stuff if you like water I guess. But lots of ocean stuff required expensive gear specifically for that. You could rent it if you want to. Otherwise you can go west to one of the nature preserves at the edge of the Everglades.

There's a place I was at a couple weekends ago, I think technically it's called the Arthur Marshall Loxahatchee Preserve or some shit, and they had a bunch of trails branching off from where I was going to fish. They have kayak rentals there as well. That one is off Rt 441 a little north of Atlantic (blvd?).

And the one I was at today (pic related) is another Loxahatchee preserve, a little bit further south. 441 to Loxahatchee rd, and go down that road until it ends. It's on the border of Broward and Palm Beach counties. There are gravel trails that go all over if you have a mountain bike. People kayak there a bit too, and they have airboat tours and shit.
>>
>>668860
Cool, thanks for the tip. I'll check it out when i'm there next month. Probably head down to the everglades too.
>>
>>659736

They do python hunting in the Everglades too. I'm pretty sure you can make some cash collecting live snakes and turning them in.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.