[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what does /out/ think of this backpack?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 7

File: tenzing2220.jpg (307KB, 1259x1500px) Image search: [Google]
tenzing2220.jpg
307KB, 1259x1500px
what does /out/ think of this backpack?
>>
>>659138
What backpack?
>>
>>659139
I think you're supposed to reverse google image his pic or read the name of the pic. The few seconds OP saved not typing it out will add years of happiness to his/her life.
>>
>>659139
Tenzing 2220
>>
>>659143
No need to be sarcastic. I'm from /k/, I'm not familiar with the etiquette of this board.
>>
>>659138
Looks like it's got all the exterior accouterments that makes a pack /out/ worthy. I never like to use camouflage, or black colored gear, as I feel that it makes it easier to lose at night, or in thick brush or something. Just personal preference though.

You might be able to find some reviews elsewhere online.
>>
>>659143
I'm not OP, but one protip is to read the filename.
>>
>>659166
also, I just noticed that the company put the name of the backpack on the pack itself
>>
>>659159
>Looks like it's got all the exterior accouterments that makes a pack /out/ worthy.
That's what I thought too, but I'm kind of hesitant to drop 200+ on a pack. What about the capacity? Is 2220cu enough for a 3-5 day outing?
>>
File: 1360134485108.gif (959KB, 448x352px) Image search: [Google]
1360134485108.gif
959KB, 448x352px
>>659143
>>659144
>>659147
>>659166
>>659167

It's a joke.

It's camo, so you can't "see it." Hence "What backpack" because he's pretending that he can't see the backpack.
>>
>>659176
Looks more like a day pack to me. You could get a larger Osprey for cheaper. Here's a similar size for $160

http://www.rei.com/product/846429/osprey-manta-36-hydration-pack-100-fl-oz
>>
>>659183
You could definitely find cheaper too.
>>
File: hEdPUiMW.jpg (84KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
hEdPUiMW.jpg
84KB, 900x900px
>>659177
>>
>>659176
>a 3-5 day outing
considering even the company calls it a daypack...

re: size, 36L is a bit small, but not impossible, but it doesn't look like it's storage is very optimized for hauling a multi-day load (specifically multiple smaller pockets, and load sticking out from your back instead of stacking against your back).
>>
>>659207
>36L is a bit small, but not impossible
Well I'm a weakling manlet, so I can't really carry more than 30-40 pounds anyway.
>>
>>659211
a) your obnoxiously large shit (sleeping bag, pad, clothes...) aren't very heavy

b) then you definitely want a backpack designed to carry multiday loads. find yourself a proper hiking backpack
>>
>>659211
You probablt won't be able to fit 30-40 lbs of outdoor gear in a 36 L pack. For 3-5 days you're looking at 50 - 65 L+ depending on how bulky your gear is.
>>
>>659138
>sleeping bag fits
>cook kit fits
>oops, out of room

Get a nice Deuter, Osprey or Arcteryx. Assuming you have shitty, cheap, bulky milsurp gear, start at 50L.

And if you are really /k/ and not some poser, you would know ILBE.
>>
>>659147
Well common etiquette is to not post a blank picture.
>>
>>659144
>>659147
>>659166

Do you people not get the camo joke reference?
>>
>>659176
It's doable if you go small and light, but that requires a certain amount of planning and finesse. Assuming you are a beginner, I'd recommend springing for at least a 50L pack.

Honestly, the most important thing is that you go to a store like REI or somewhere else and try the pack on with ~30-40 lbs of weight. Walk around the store for a while to see if it causes you any discomfort.
>>
>>659176
Former pack fitter here.

That is the wrong pack for multi-day. You want something in the 50-60 liter range.

Personally I like the Kelty Redwing 50 because it's roomy, has good attachment options and is always on sale somewhere (I think I last spotted one for $99 on the REI outlet site), but there are lots of options /out/ there.
>>
Worth noting also if you're just starting out, I'd go slightly bigger for a pack. Beginners often have gear that is a bit bulkier, and need the extra room for it.

When I first started, I needed 55L for an overnighter, since 80% of my pack was taken up by my sleeping bag and underquilt.

My new stuff I can do an overnight with 30L.
>>
>>659347
when a joke obviopusly doesn't work on so many people, blame the joke not the crowd

the camo joke works better when it's something in an actual wooded area, not a promo image with clear white background
>>
Shit, guys, are you serious?
I'm planning a 3-4 day hike in the spring.
I got a 30L+8L pack. How is that not going to be enough room? I just need food, water, a few other items I imagine. Anything big like a blanket or sleeping pad I can just strap to the outside.
Btw I'm bringing food that ddoesn't need to be cooked.
>>
>>659488
The things that take up the most room are your sleeping system. Sleep system weight and volume can vary widely. My setup for sake of an example of a tent, sleeping pad, and sleeping bag would not work out on a 30L bag.
>>
>>659495
But can't you just strap those to the outside of the bag? Don't see why they need to go in the bag.
Also 55L bag for overnight? You guys have to be shitting me.
>>
>>659510
My 55L was with nothing strapped on the outside, because I hate things strapped on the outside of my pack. It always catches on stuff when I'm bushwhacking. A huge sleeping bag on the outside just bumps around and throws me off balance. I just like everything inside.
>>
>>659510
you can but even on my external frame pack tie down spots are limited. and it can make the pack unwieldy. Plus you need proper bags for stuff going outside your bag. Don't get me wrong I tie stuff down to my pack all the time, its just undesirable. The new school internal-frame packs where all your gear fits on the inside are nice as hell.
>>
Am I the only person who is getting fed up with manufacturers adding compression straps to FUCKING EVERYTHING.

They are next to useless on a small volume backpack, but there you go OP, there is fucking four. Want to open up the main compartment? Think again, fucko! You gotta undo those compression straps. Well, what about just leaving the compression clasps de-clasped? LOL ENDLESS STRAPS BLOWING EVERYWHERE.

It's even worse on my Northface Surge (a great pack by any other viewpoint_ where the compression clasps form around the TWO main compartments. It's a fucking 30 ltr day pack backpack with a laptop pocket and an accessories compartment, what the fuck do I need to compress??

Fuck, I hate compression straps on small ltr backpacks.
>>
>>659564
compression straps also serve as a tie down points.
>>
>>659479
55L for overnight? Why did you need to bring your entire dragon dildo collection with you though?
>>
>>659570
Oh wow look a fucktard who doesn't know the slightest about shelters or sleep systems.
>>
>>659573
No, it apparently seems to be you who is the fucktard

I carried my sleeping bag, sleeping pad, and tent all in/on my 20L shitty chinese made assault pack and still had room for a change of clothes and food/water. Granted, my sleeping pad was strapped to the side of my pack but I still had plenty of room for the tent and bag.

Just don't cheap out on your sleeping system and you can find decent quality tents and bags that pack down real small
>>
>>659576
>hurr duirrr my personal gear are the only sizes and needs that exist
>55L bags are bad because I can carry a shittier one that holds less
>>
File: gridD3.png (37KB, 187x164px) Image search: [Google]
gridD3.png
37KB, 187x164px
>>659585
You can carry a 55l bag all you want, that's not bad, but if someone wants to go smaller it's entirely possible- you were the first one to start shitting on anon for wanting to be able to carry his stuff in a smaller bag, and I'm just calling you out on being a dick huffing nigger
>>
>>659139

I instantly got the joke and you made me smile.
>>
>>659284
>ILBE
I don't really want a full-on packframe.
>>
File: CONDOR125.jpg (51KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
CONDOR125.jpg
51KB, 500x500px
Just going to jump into this thread.
I'm looking at getting 2 bags, one for myself and for the wife to do camping trips (2-3 day, and sometimes week longs doing half splits going back to the car for restock.

Im looking at the Condor 125 3-day pack. I can get them 2 for a reasonable price, and there isn't much else in Australia.

Would anyone have any other suggestions?
>>
>>659564

Just cut them off then ffs, they're there for those of us who want them. Personally I find them hugely useful.

On that pack the most useless thing are the orange climbing biner attachments on the front
>>
>>659138
Op, you created a truely shit post... thank you!

I researched Tenzing packs and have found a worthy model.

I will not be buying intrresting and worthy model, but it is interesting and worthy, if overpriced.

Thx.
>>
>>659889
Military styling is usually a way to trick idiots into buying a poorly-laid out pack.
>>
>>661525
military style backpacks are generally more robust than civilian backpacks, they won't tear and rip at the seams so easily. Also the square shapes are very roomy, you can just stuff them full of things.
>>
>>659177
thats not a joke for fucks sake
>>
>>661525
>>661529
This is what I'm looking at instead of the MOLLE bag. I've read a few bad reviews on their build quality.
Are these Deuter bags worth the $230AUD?
>>
>>659510
>But can't you just strap those to the outside of the bag?
Or you can just suck up the extra pound of fabric and get a properly sized bag that's going to be more comfortable and easier to use. Some of us have 15 pound or more sleep systems everything included.
>>
File: RU.jpg (39KB, 440x440px) Image search: [Google]
RU.jpg
39KB, 440x440px
>>661661
I don't know about those but I have pic related and this motherfucker will not quit. It's not the lightest or most comfortable but it's excellent for the price and I've put serious mileage into mine and not had a problem. There's even a new gen out that looks pretty snazzy and is only $100 off amazon.
>>
>>661661
I've got a smaller ~30L bag from them and I can't complain.
>>
>>659488
Spare sucks. For the love of god bring spare sucks with you. Just one extra pair will be enough. Shit can go down pretty fast. no srly, i dont understand how you can think 40L would be enough for 3-4 days as a beginner. For someone that is experienced and would want to go a little minimalist i can see how he would do it.
We need a list of what you would bring and approx how heavy
>>
>>661661
From my experience Deuter bags are very tough. Ive had one for backpacking + hiking the past 5 years and if it werent for the dirt it would pass brand new. No material failures whatsoever.
>>
>>662868
That's the kind of review I like to hear. Thanks mate, glad I'm going with this.
>>
>>659889

How much are you getting them for?

And how quickly do you need the packs?

If you are going to buy them sight unseen the Kelty Redwing 50/44 would be a better idea.

You can get them for as low as USD 90 shipped to Australia thru Amazon.

Or you can a Osprey Talon 44 backpack from Wild Earth for AUD 140 delivered
>>
>>659621
I wasn't the OP of the quote chain you dumb shit. If I see someone make a retard post I am going to say something. If you want private conversations take your shit elsewhere.
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.