[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

fox calling

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: 1420164473812.jpg (112KB, 620x349px) Image search: [Google]
1420164473812.jpg
112KB, 620x349px
afternoon /out/ gonna be doing some pest control and aiming to do a bit of bowhunting, what would /out/ recommend for calling up foxes, tenterfield or button whistle
>>
>>659089
Tie out your neighbor's cat and pepper spray it.

Repeat often.
>>
>>659094
thank you, i dont know why i didnt think of that thanks :)
>>
op here, also shooting cats aswell
>>
>>659094
do people actually do this?
>>
>>659243
Works for coyotes, they love cat meat.
>>
If you prepare a rabbit, and leave the entrails laying around, there's a very good chance a fox is going to be the first thing at it.

I'm sure there's a type of lure you can make with them, knowing what they're attracted to.

Also, I thought foxes were nocturnal?
>>
>>659089
I've always used a button whistle, or just actual whistling and then when you want them to stop for your shot I make a yelp/bark type noise and without fail they pause and look at you.

>>659262
Generally yes, very active at dawn and dusk also though.
>>
>>659226

Please kill a lot. There is no greater justice on Earth than killing these abominations. Take out the rats, too.
>>
>>659282
no worries king
>>
>>659279
thanks mate
>>
File: Fox1.jpg (551KB, 1523x995px) Image search: [Google]
Fox1.jpg
551KB, 1523x995px
>>659297
Have fun
>>
>>659243
What? Be cruel to animals? Of course.
>>
>>659338
> non-lethal
> cruel

The cat can potentially live. Why is that cruel?

> paying $200 for an electronic 'yote caller
>>
>>659094
Do they taste better with pepper spray? Any brands you recommend?
>>
>>659226
>shoot the cats with practice arrows
>cat will suffer longer
>perhaps make it home causing anguish and vet bills
>repeat repeatedly
>profit???
>>
Hunting is nothing more than animal cruelty and bloodsport.
>>
>>659089
...don't foxes eat rats and mice and shit? How is shooting a fox pest control?
>>
File: mfw1.gif (2MB, 389x279px) Image search: [Google]
mfw1.gif
2MB, 389x279px
>>659817
In Australia they eat native, particularly marsupial, rats, mice, bandicoots, ground birds, quolls etc etc to the point where plenty of them only exist in captivity now, same goes for cats.

>>659806
>mfw
>>
>>659928
Marsupials are an obsolete lifeform, face it mammals for the win.

Don't get me started on these obminations! They are doomed!
>>
>Foxes
>pests

Pick one and literally only one. Go live in the city where you fucking belong if you can't synergize properly with nature. You're the one encroaching on to their territory so you can pretend to be a fucking hippie. You should only kill an animal out in the wild if you intend to eat it or if it is immediately threatening your life. Otherwise you find a bloodless solution.

A pox on your house.
>>
>>659346
Americans and nature, y'all. Shoot, maim, torture, burn. Same with all animals, like the hadjis, ahuehue.
>>
>>659806
Bait.jpg
>>
>>660773
>doesn't understand the first thing about conservation
Stay the fuck /in/ you tree hugging hippie idiot. Foxes are invasive in Australia.
>>
WOUNDED RABBIT CALL, YOU BLOW IN IT

looks like a duck call, sorry for caps i was sneezing
>>
>>659941
What classification/genius (whatever) are platypus'?

I.E. not mammals, not marsupials...
>>
>>661137
They are mammals
There are three kinds of mammals, most are placental mammals like humans, the fetus completely forms inside the mothers body and is born ready to live in the world. Marsupials only spend part of there fetal stage in the womb, they are born "prematurely" and spend the rest of their developmental period in their mothers pouch drinking milk technical theys been born but if removed from there pouch they will die. A platypus is a monotreme and lays eggs. What ties these three categories as mammals is the fact that they all have mammery glands that produce the milk they use to nurture there young.
> I know my explanation is kind of shitty and I'm hoping that at the very least I infuriate somebody enough to come and do a better job
> picture is a baby kangaroo in tge early stages of being in is mothers pouch
>>
>>659354
Cats are feral pests, especially in Australia.
>>
>>660773
>The country you live in is the only country in existence - The Post.
>>
op here, just a bit of background info before you call me american again, in Australia (its a country you can look it up if you want) foxes were introduced by these European cunts (much like myself) and are are a major pest causing damage to our native wildlife and also livestock. feral cats are cunts of things too
>>
>>661189
Nah that was a good laymans terms answer - surprised more people dont know this but I guess being Australian helps
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.