[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

lure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 8

File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
wooden lure
>>
>>659084
do you actually make your own? i just buy mine for 4 bucks a piece from rapalla.
>>
>>659088
>do you actually make your own?
If you do, where the hell can I buy good quality split rings in the 21st century?
>>
File: striperswiper.jpg (225KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
striperswiper.jpg
225KB, 600x450px
>>659084
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>659123
Pretty. You use balsa wood? And where do you order everything to mount the hooks?

Also the hair on the tail, natural?
>>
>>659130

That's an Atom Striper Swyper. Pretty cheap/effective pencil popper.

There are a lot of good diy lure making websites that sell quality hardware for rigging your own stuff.

Really its the lathe, lathe tools, air brush gear, epoxy etc that makes it an expensive hobby to start.

Plus all the trial and error I'm sure it takes to design and paint an effective lure.
>>
>>659088

Plugs for saltwater can easily run $20+ dollars. When you want various colors, sizes, and duplicates of each lure, buying them can be crazy expensive. Making your own is another option. Really fun, and you can make things tailored to your needs. Making them can be costly too but both options have pros and cons.
>>
>>659084
Oh! Another bait thread.
>>
>>659151
Idk where anon is getting Rapalas for $4, but I need to get on that. Unless they are on sale, even the tiny ones are $6-$7 and lots of bass sizes are around $10.

>>659148
I thought it was some homemade stuff. Could be fun to do assuming you have a lathe or could improvise to get around it.
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
made in 1998
>>
I wish you fishfag wienies would stay in your fishfag wienie containment thread.
>>
>>659216
Underrated.
>>
>>659259
Whoa.
Whoa.
We're not cyclists.
Fishing is life.
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
spoted flog
>>
>>659109
Get them from some Chinese dude on ebay like everybody else. Seriously. I've got some 5/16 inch rings that have pulled in some pretty good-sized catfish.
>>
>>659130
>>659109
Just google "split ring lure making"
>>
>>659224
>I thought it was some homemade stuff. Could be fun to do assuming you have a lathe or could improvise to get around it.

You can duct tape wood to a simple motor shaft and use a dremel on it. That's what I did.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-01-07-21-38-11.png (380KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-01-07-21-38-11.png
380KB, 1280x720px
>>661125
I know poor fags are gonna poor fag b-but that's....I-I I don't even know.....
>>
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>659088
These are, I made 18 years ago
>>
>>659109
Ebay my friend
>>
>>661242
Garden hose?
>>
>>661135
It takes all of 30 seconds to make and you can dissemble it and use the motor for whatever purpose you were using it for previously. I used a rock tumbler motor. I made an entire chess set with it out of tree limbs, broom handles, and dowel rods. I made a few lures with it. Then tumbled some brass and stones.

>>661482
You normally get a stick on pattern or use a screen and airbrush through it to get that pattern.
>>
>>661135
not that guy but one time I had no lures on a work trip to northern canada so I cut down a sapling electrical taped on wire ferrules, carved out a little spool, and made a lure from an oval cut from a mountain dew can, a hook of wire and a rock taped to it. Borrowed about 50 feet of line from someone and started to fish. Got the biggest walleye that evening and I think annoyed the drillers I was fishing with. Caught more than a few large pike as well.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.