[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Metal detecting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (156KB, 787x572px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
156KB, 787x572px
Anyone here metal detect?
Best finds?
>>
>>655458
Is that you Dan?
>>
>>655522
Kevin?
>>
>>655554
Steve? Is that you?
>>
File: Hank.png (47KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
Hank.png
47KB, 225x225px
>>655554
Bobby?
>>
>>655522
Galen?
>>
>>655565
Mom?
>>
>>655567
Mum?
>>
I read it as "mental defect" and got excited
>>
>>655458
Yes mang.
I have your pic related.

Found some tiny gold nuggets.
>>
I was thinking about it, we never have any threads on /out/ about it for some reason

does it get boring? how expensive is it to get into it? I know a guy that found jewelry sometimes and he'd make money from it is it hard to sell them and everything?
>>
File: U.S_pennies-1024x716.jpg (467KB, 1024x716px) Image search: [Google]
U.S_pennies-1024x716.jpg
467KB, 1024x716px
>>656523
Let me know where you like to detect and I will make sure you find plenty of pennis
>>
>have a cabin from 1940s on a foundation from 1830s
>get cheap metal detector
>start cruising around cabin, cellar holes, and other foundations
>start getting some good beeps along an old stone wall.
>big piece of bright white quartz in middle of old fieldstone wall.
>detector is going crazy right at stone wall.
shawshank redemption
>digging, digging more, keep digging.
>can't find jack squat.
>dreams of Zihuatanejo are leaving.
>can't figure out the massive beeping.
>discover big piece of old tractor equipment embedded in stone wall ABOVE the quartz piece.
>>
>>655458
A lot of WWII equipment, ammunition, bombs, guns and even mines. The rarest find was Mauser c96 in pretty good condition and SS dogtag (i dont know shit about dogtags so i ask my friend if he can sell it) sold for 450$, mauser for like 300$
>>
>>656571
I am guessing you wish you had never become a faggot detector
>>
>>656587
Nah, I'll do it some more. I did get 4 detectors for the price of 1. Too bad they're shit.

Anyone know of you can detect trace amounts of gold in streams?
>>
>>656526
>>656587
Can someone breifly explain /out/s hatred for metal detectors. I understand the cairn thing, and goeshitting, but I don't understand the hate for metal detectors.
>>
>>656608
For starters , that shit aint your just because you dug it up.
Leave that shit where it is/
>>
>>656608
>walking around alone in a field listening to beeps hoping and then playing in the dirt for a few minutes just to find some rusty scrap

its autism: the hobby
>>
I do metal detecting on beaches sometimes, not bad usually make $20 or so in coins and find some weird shit, a lot of it is trash but every now and again you get something really old or some jewelry you can sell or hopefully return and make someones day, I always take mine whenever I go hiking or diving never know what youll find

>656618
>For starters , that shit aint your just because you dug it up.

ill be sure to tell the big mining and energy companies for you anon
>>
I've been on out for a couple years now, and somehow missed any hatred. Is that true?

I'm the guy who greentexred above. I have no plans on cruising around the beach, and my town common has been totally gleaned (NE here).

I'm psyched to look around our property and see what I can find. I'm PSYCHED to get down into the old well this summer. I'm imaganing hundreds of old coins that were thrown in.

All those wishes I'll destroy.
>>
>>656619
>its autism: the hobby
pretty much true.
I'm autistic and I've been metal detecting since I was 11.
>>
>>656619
>camping outside alone in the forest and playing in the dirt for no reason
>>
>>656619
this tbqhwy
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.