[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are your thoughts on foregoing a long term partner and having

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 196
Thread images: 29

File: Scan10001b.jpg (71KB, 330x481px) Image search: [Google]
Scan10001b.jpg
71KB, 330x481px
What are your thoughts on foregoing a long term partner and having kids, in order to have the freedom to be outside?
>>
>>650795
> thoughts
I like pussy, never kept me from doing what I wanted.

Why forego, why not both?
>>
>>650795
Hike the AT, there's pussy in every town along the way that knows you're just passing through and they love the idea of the strong, self-sufficient man.
>>
Like most of you have a choice.

Go ahead and pretend you are "foregoing" women so you can spend more time squatting in the neighborhood park, or being fat under a tarp.
>>
>>650803
This /out/, you're thinking of /r9k/.
>>
>>650799
>>650802
>>650803
>>650810

I think you're all misunderstanding me... I don't mean becoming celibate, but just not settling and raising a family. I have a serious gf and basically this is my biggest dilemma because I don't know if it's worth it.
>>
>>650814
A box of rubbers is a dollar at the dollar store. Spend a dollar on your gf.

You're welcome.
>>
>>650814
Vasectomy. Take gf with on trips. Replace as necessary. I'm not seeing the problem here.
>>
>>650814
>find gf who is into /out/ stuff
>take gf on adventures
>have company and companionship the whole time
>get her an IUD for safe condomless sex
>get laid on all your fun adventures

I mean how have you not thought of it like this please. Also, inb4 /r9k/ high schooler invasion with their cuck memes and "MGTOW" bullshit.
>>
File: IMG_42520834463958.jpg (32KB, 500x237px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_42520834463958.jpg
32KB, 500x237px
Kind if blows my mind to think that, if you choose to not have kids... you'll be the first human in your direct lineage that has decided not to bear children since the beginning of mankind.
>>
>>650891
I think OP is conflicted between the freedom of being a full time /out/doorsman and the burden/blessing of raising an heir to pass on his skills and knowledge to.

I mean how have you not thought of it like this please. The primary function of sex is reproduction.
>>
>>650893
>decided not to bear children
>decided

But i was an accident....
>>
>>650910
> and you always will be
>>
>>650817
Spend more than a buck, bro. Dollar store condoms are like strapping a dry balloon over your cock. But I'd rather feel like my gf has a rubber glove in her snatch than a coven of fucking crumbsnatchers.
>>
File: future ropegun.jpg (2MB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
future ropegun.jpg
2MB, 2304x1728px
>>
File: poco plus.jpg (2MB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
poco plus.jpg
2MB, 2304x1728px
>>
File: pinns.jpg (2MB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
pinns.jpg
2MB, 2304x1728px
so basically i guess i'm saying it's a bit late for me, and it's fucking awesome to have a junior sc/out/
>>
File: smith1434.jpg (793KB, 1141x1521px) Image search: [Google]
smith1434.jpg
793KB, 1141x1521px
>>650964
>>650965
>>650966
wife is also /out/, she's the belayer.
>>
>>650967
> belayer
> anchor
> ball and chain

I get u.
>>
File: pjp.jpg (610KB, 864x1152px) Image search: [Google]
pjp.jpg
610KB, 864x1152px
>>650971
>belayer
>holds me up when i need her
>i trust my life to her

sorry you don't know that feeling. but enjoy "going your own way"
>>
>>650966
thats awesome man, looks like a good life.
>>
>>650975
Oh, I'd belay her. You can watch, maybe raise my little ones?
>>
>>650964
>>650965
>>650966
wow, so glad I dont have kids
>>
File: cl.png (108KB, 228x221px) Image search: [Google]
cl.png
108KB, 228x221px
>>650978
>trying this hard
>>
File: poco plus shade.jpg (2MB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
poco plus shade.jpg
2MB, 2304x1728px
>>650977
i love it, but as >>650979 shows it's not for everyone. it is what you make of it.

it helps that we waited til we were really ready. we've been all over the world togerher, are financially stable, and we're proactive about still doing things we love with the little guy. i freely admit that it's harder to just pick up and go out in the woods for a weekend now, but once we got the rhythm daytrip stuff is nearly unchanged, and with a little extra planning we can still do almost anything we want.
>>
Having kids is over rated. Been there done that it's not all bad, just mostly
>>
>killing jihadies
>raising little terrorists to be

Pick a side.
>>
>>650814

Don't breed. Adopt.
>>
>>650795
I'd rather find a parter that likes the outdoors as much as I do.
>>
File: Apricots-CA-Extra-Fancy.jpg (72KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Apricots-CA-Extra-Fancy.jpg
72KB, 500x500px
>>651000
Trips speaks the truth.
Just look at the fact that most marriages do not last even 5 years.
We have an entire generation growing up with single moms and dads that work their asses off to support two households.
This is the most likely outcome now.
Why would anyone want to be a part of that?
>>
>>650820
This, Especially if you're white OP. We need less racists and more diversity.
>>
>>650983
WHERE DID YOU GET THE BABY PACK. I NEED THE BABY PACK.
>>
>>650983
>pack says xs
>manlet detected

I have to say that I have noticed the only men breeding consistently seem to be the manlets.
Must be something about being easily dominated , no real man would knock up one of these SJW sloots
>>
>>651135
osprey poco plus. i got mine off craigslist. rei carries it. pretty easy to find. it's fucking fantastic-kid's super secure for dad's lunatic 3rd classing but not excessively tied down, 22l of storage, 45 lb capacity.

>>651138
it also says "s" and "m" and if you'll notice the strap connecting to top of the shoulder straps runs right where the "l" would be, retard. lrn2adjustable
>>
>>651128
>tfw me and my wife both want to live in the woods
We will of course shop in town, but the goal is grow easy to maintain crops. Small garden. Aquaponics with a fish and eel supply. Maybe some solar, but that's electrical so still working out how we can build it another way.
>>
I'd love to have a long term partner AND go /out/

but... finding one has been difficult, I'm sure I'll meet a girl that isn't crazy, bitchy or lazy one of these days.

it'd be nice if my radar for the above traits started working earlier into relationships though.
>>
File: frogcam-2011-07-28.jpg (182KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
frogcam-2011-07-28.jpg
182KB, 900x600px
>>650795
If you want to be single that's fine, but being outside is a stupid reason. Just find an outdoorsy partner (protip: you're more likely to find one outdoors) and raise your kids to be outdoorsy.

>>650810
>This /out/, you're thinking of /r9k/.
There's not much difference anymore baka desu.
>>
>>650814
>not being a celebrate hermit who ponders the lords word while /out/

Trash like you doesn't even deserve the outdoors desu.
>>
>>651163
I hate to be a debbie downer but this is not likely to end well.
I live in a place where young couples come to live off the grid.
I have watched it time and time again. They almost never stay together more than a year.
>>
File: IMG_7317.jpg (3MB, 3456x2592px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7317.jpg
3MB, 3456x2592px
>>650795
>Disclaimer: I'm 48 years old, have three kids (one all grown up who now lives out of state, an 8 year old boy, and a 4 year old girl) and a wife with MS.

My wife's MS limits us in ways that we weren't limited before (no hiking over about 4 miles in a day or 6 miles in two days, no rough terrain or mountain climbs). The kids don't. Put them in a backpack or front-facing baby carrier when they're too little to keep up (my now 8-year-old went down and back up the Grand Canyon this way, and both my kids have logged many miles behind me). I actually designed and sewed a front-facing carrier so I could carry my daughter on it while carrying an external-frame backpack on longer hikes. (Pic very related, us fishing on a pond in a state park with my daughter in the carrier.) So you're limited a bit, but not too much. You can still get more /out/ than most people bother to do.

Bonus is that my wife and I are both teachers, so we get lots of off time together to do /out/ things. Super-duper bonus is the love, satisfaction, and joy a family brings into your life. I love /out/, /family/ is better, /outwithfamily/ is best.
>>
>>651498
Just looked at that pic. Didn't realized my daughter's scar was so prominent in it. The zig-zag scar across her head is from the craniosynostosis surgery she had at 3 months old. And yes, I'm a bit on the fat side. Or a bit fat on the sides, if you prefer. Life will do that to you sometimes, especially if you like to eat too much and don't have time to work out regularly any more.
>>
>>651222
Well I'd still keep my job lol. Not going to forgo my beloved technology. Will just be kinda, out and away from people
>>
>>651536
Jobs and tech are not really the problems.
>>
>>651574
Im keen to hear the reasonings abd observations behind this. Im an electronics technician, recently single, and in the planning stages of a self sufficient cabin/small farmhouse
>>
>>651498
>>651505
If you don't mind me asking, what do you teach?
Would you still pick to teach if you had the chance to do it all over again?
Lately I've started to lean towards the idea of being a teacher, but want some real world input before diving in.
>>
Fuck off, fuck off, fuck off.

Mostly cancer-free boards on 4chan are an endangered species and must be protected. There are 30 other boards where talk about MGTOW, beta male culture, taking the human aspect away from women, etc. is acceptable and encouraged. Stay on those boards.

This /r9k/ bullshit is creeping into /trv/, /lit/, and /out/; some of the last vestiges of good content and bro-tier communities left on this site.
>>
>>651687
This

Though I'm convinced that it's only 3 or 4 dedicated shitposters that are forcing their dank memes on us.
>>
>>651687
>>651688
>stop liking what I dont like
>>
>>651687
Well there are always forums for normie faggots you know, this always has been and always will be a place for antisocials.
>>
>>651695
what? women?
>>
Be a faggot.

Whenever I go out I am always fresh meat on grindr. I've scored some hot showers before the long drive home.
>>
>>651595
>what do you teach?
Self-contained Special Ed / Life Skills at the junior high level. Mainly the kids too physically or mentally affected to be mainstreamed, but one class with some mainstreamed students who need life skills. So I teach
>basic cooking (this is how to measure bisquick, this is how to turn the pancake without cooking your hand),
>telling analog time,
>calendar skills
>counting money and making change,
>survival signs (hold up "out of order" sign, ask "do you put your money in a machine with this on it?"),
>social skills (share, say please and thank you, nobody wants to listen to you talk about trains for 2 hours just because they said "how are you?" when they passed you in the hallway)

And I teach a basic, lower level version of all the core subjects: math, science, reading, social studies. My kiddos run the gamut from spending a semester learning to write one letter to eighth grade and just learning to multiply. I love my job, I really do. You teach the same things over and over because special ed kids need lots of repetition before they master a skill, but you get to have fun teaching them and don't have to spend as much time as other teachers on the boring paperwork parts. If you can get along with children with autism, mental retardation, spina bifida, down syndrome, and such, it's a great gig. I'm off this week and next week for Christmas break. Then I get spring break (probably taking my kids to BBNP, they're both getting telescopes for Christmas and that's an excellent place to use them), then I get June, July, and the first two weeks of August off. Unless I spend June teaching summer school half a day. I do that sometimes to finance a big car trip in July. We budget and don't borrow money and my 4 year old has been in the Pacific and the Atlantic oceans, camped in desert and on mountains, ridden in a backpack for probably well over a hundred miles that I've hiked, and been to Disneyland. Teaching rocks.
>>
>>651687
You seriously don't expect there to be a significant cross over between antisocial people and the outdoors?
>>
>>651727
Whoa, whodathunkit?
>>
>>651687
Sorry sugartits but beta males are the vast majority of men. I'm sure there is a safe place for you somewhere where only chads congregate and you can be away from us lowlifes but this ain't it. Also lose 20lbs, that muffintop is horrid
>>
>>651726
You must be a saint to devote your life to retards by day and a cripple by night or more likely just a cuck.

But seriously how can you call yourself a teacher when these tards are literally vegetables? What is the point? Just gas all those fuckers
>>
>>651726
Living the dream my man.
It's comforting to hear that you can still do that much on a teacher's salary, my family freaked the fuck out on me about money when I mentioned considering being a teacher.
Thanks for your input.
>>
>>651820
Like I said, my wife isn't a cripple yet, and the kids vary in level. I've got one who's learning multiplication and writes beautifully in cursive, even though her vocabulary is limited. They're people, anon, and people deserve a chance. Mostly I try to get them ready for life after school. And I give them information which they absorb. That's teaching.

>>651836
>It's comforting to hear that you can still do that much on a teacher's salary
Budget like a motherfucker. Teachers get paid monthly. My wife and I got our house relatively cheaply because land sells for little here in the boonies and we got a good deal on a repossessed piece of property. The mortgage has been paid, so we have no payments other than utilities, student loans (which is simply our monthly reminder of our inability to budget when we were younger), and our Roth IRAs, to which we devote about 15% of our net income. We'll have more income available after we retire than we do now. Forethought is your friend. On the years we make a big trip, I'll do summer school to pay for it. We also put back $150 a month toward the trip.

My wife's family has a condo in Corpus Christi on Padre Island. We use it a week every year as well. That's a low-cost trip, the only added expense is gas both ways. We make all our trips on the cheap, though. Drive there, stay in campgrounds or cheap hotels, spend your money on the important parts of the trip like the activities on the way and at the destination. I've taken two boys' trips with my son and his buddy who happens to be our neighbor and the son of a single mom. Once to Big Bend National Park (the reason there's Mexican walking sticks in the pic in >>644377) and to Lake Arrowhead last summer.

tl:dr: Getting to do stuff isn't a product of the income, it's a product of the outgo. A written budget is key.

>>651836
>Living the dream
Damn straight. Better than I deserve, and I love it.
>>
File: 1450687487235.gif (857KB, 332x215px) Image search: [Google]
1450687487235.gif
857KB, 332x215px
>>650963
>>
>>651186
>celebrate
>>
>>651976
Let it go, he's 12.
>>
Implying I want a partner or kids in the first place.
>>
>>651498
and
>>651726
here. Reading the 4chins when my 4 year old daughter woke up just a few minutes ago and asked if she could watch tv. Sure, watch whatever, everyone else is asleep. Then I hear this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwt6RB57Vmc
>she's gonna /out/ like her mommy and daddy
>>
>>651700
Kek
>>
>>652252
The man with two girlfriends: Lefty and Righty.
>>
>>652289
Women are shit you roastie cunt. You used to have something of value but you went and soiled it with the polluted jizz of Haitians. I would rather bathe in a festival potrta potty than spend 1 minute in your presence. Also you could use to lose 100 pounds and its time to shave your beard again
>>
>>652303
>Also you could use to lose 100 pounds and its time to shave your beard again
60 lbs, yeah. And I hated having a job that made me shave. Been back to the full beard for over three years and like it that way. You have a nice Christmas anyhow.
>>
>>651687
/fit/ is absolutely teeming with /r9k/ and /pol/ culture, it's like the containment boards around good enough for those assholes.

Although I think OPs post is very reasonable, I think it has too much potential of attracting MGTOWs and other varieties of basement dwellers who will ruin in.

Pretty sad, I remember when /out/ first started, just a bunch of people sharing experiences, pictures, advice. Mostly story and information threads. But I guess it was inevitable that /pol/ and /r9k/ would ruin a place like this, people with an exaggerated sense of pseudo-masculinity always seem attracted to the outdoors because it makes them feel rugged and "manly".

RIP old /out/ ;_;
>>
>>650910
So your dad was supposed to stick his dick in another woman, but accidentally stuck it in your mom? You should accidentally fall off a cliff so we don't have to deal with your accident prone genetics
>>
>>652985
>being this dense

m8 they say "99% effective" for a reason.
>>
>>652978

This is one thread out of do dozens.
The homesteading threads are the closest to MGTOW but even those threads make almost no mention of it.
Besides the common sentiment in this thread is how awesome it would be to have an /out/ gf.

Your overreacting to nothing. Most people on /out/have been visiting this board for a long time. That's why you don't see the same threads you used to. Most threads start from people new to /out/.
>>
>>652978
Only roasties and gay faggots are against mgtow. Which are you?
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-09-01-20-26-46.png (2MB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-09-01-20-26-46.png
2MB, 1080x1920px
Tfw the 99% are actually the 1% of broken condoms.
>>
>>653112
A normal functioning member of society who doesn't blame my personal shortcomings on a conspiracy theory that all women are out to get me.

MGTOW is for bitter and irrational young men fascinated with a false nostalgia of masculinity.
>>
>>653172
So why are you so threatened by men who want nothing to do with women? How does it affect you unless you are a fag or a fatty upset that no one wants you?
>>
>>653184
Because they post on boards that aren't /r9k/, /pol/, or /b/ and bring their cuck memes, and derail threads any time anyone mentions women in a positive light

If they stuck to their containment boards it would be fine, but they ruin good boards. I'm not threatened, I'm annoyed.
>>
>>653196

> mention women in a positive light

She didn't divorce rape me yet
She didn't file a false rape charge today
She only gained 100 pounds after we got married
She waited 30 minutes to ruin the hike
She only cheated on me twice last week
She knows how to cook ramen about half the time
She only has two mixed breed kids

Etc etc
>>
>>653196
>mentions women in a positive ligh

To be fair , this has never been acceptable anywhere on 4chan.
Anons have just started enforcing it again after being lax for a few years.
Have you been here long enough to remember ?
>>
>>653244
In New York there is a group of feminists that is trying to get lying to women to get them to sleep you to be considered a form of rape.
So things like saying.
> i am looking to date and settle down
>I make 6 figures are an investment banker
>I want to have children

Could potentially become illegal behavior
>>
>>653277
So, like /k/, but female?
>>
>>653279
How is that like /k/
>>
>>653283
misogynistic
>>
>>653286
and butthurt

>day/k/are, not night /k/
>there is a difference
>>
>>653286
You mean are the NY feminists misandric ?
Yes I would say so.
>>
>>653290
And butthurt. You forgot butthurt.
>>
>>653244
This kind of post only proves him right you know.
>>
>>650803
>am i cool yet guys
Fuck off dude. Stop projecting your insecurities on others. Shape up nigga.
>>
File: MGTOW GOATMAN EXEC.jpg (12KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
MGTOW GOATMAN EXEC.jpg
12KB, 400x400px
>>653302
Oh yes, and the butthurt .
I forgot.
>>
>>653196
>any time anyone mentions women in a positive light

Any doing that IS the person derailing the thread.
It needs to stop
>>
>>655382
Can we all agree that mgtow is a good for everyone except greedy washed up bitches?

Society benefits because mgtows can focus on worthwhile activities

Mgtow benefits by avoiding cancer

Chads and chadwannabees benefit by having less competiton

So the only losers are post wall skanks who can't get a provider for their niglet spawn I call that win/win
>>
File: cathedral creek.jpg (2MB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
cathedral creek.jpg
2MB, 2304x1728px
>>655382
>op asks for thoughts on foregoing long term partner for /out/
>people present idea that long term partner is awesome
>bitter anon claims this is thread derailment

nope. it's EXACTLY on topic. despite your misconception they're out there.

>pic VERY related
my wife and her best friend
>>
>>650795
The bottom line - there is no such thing as a "right" path in life in terms of what one should do, not do, etc. other than those few things that fly in the face of common sense and decency. The idea of having a spouse and kids as "normal" life and not having those as an "abnormal" life are just a societal illusion. Having a family is only considered the norm because it is the most prevalent path people take.

That said, I think it's silly to commit yourself for or against such things arbitrarily. If you do not wish to be involved with a person and have kids so that you can focus on your connection to nature and be free to come and go as you choose then go for it. That is what you want your current life path to be. On the other hand, I would advise against saying "never," because someday your wishes may change. You may meet someone that shares your passion and you may want to have a more committed relationship with them. You may or may not decide to have kids at some point.

Life is not a linear path towards a singular destination (well, except maybe the grave... hehehe). It is a series of branching trails that fork whenever we make significant decisions. A decision made now may impact what kinds of forks in the road we will face later in life, but it doesn't preclude some of them. Choosing to enjoy greater freedom now at the expense of a partner now doesn't mean you won't meet people later that inspire you to choose to veer off onto a relationship path rather than sticking to a solitary path. Even then, having a partner or spouse doesn't mean you MUST have kids as well.

Find what is right for you. "Normal" is simply a setting on a dryer.
>>
>>655453
Those women look borderline unfuckable, especially the one in the back.
>>
>>650891
20-25% of time women bleed. bleeding woman /out is not wise.
Women ovulate, ovulating women release odor, ovulating women are not wise to have /out

I'm talking innawoods /out with big ass critters.
>>
>>650979
They are kinda cool at that age, basically 2ish -11.
Once that hit teens they pretty much suck as much as I adore mine.
>>
File: french faggot.png (30KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
french faggot.png
30KB, 450x450px
>>655524
>unfuckable
thanks for playing anon. better luck next time. :)
>>
>>655538
The one in front might be worth a quick shag inna woods on a weeknight but the one on back ... is she heterosexual even?
>>
File: 1447645978809.jpg (184KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
1447645978809.jpg
184KB, 640x960px
I am so envious of you young men that are figuring out so early that women are horrible.
If I had known at 20, my life would have been so very different...
>>
>>655524
>unfuckable
Have you even been with a woman before?
>>
>>655443
MGTOW is for omegas. They've managed to convince themselves that most women will never like them because they aren't chad. Chad isn't usually clearly defined, but for some reason these people think they're beyond self improvement or even being genuinely wanted by a women (kek)
>>
>>651687
>Fuck off, fuck off, fuck off. Quit talking about your heterosexual relationships and children

Could you be any gayer.
>>
>>655992
did you even read past the first line of the post you responded to?
>>
>>655962
MGTOW is backlash against 3rd wave feminism where women have all the privileges of being a female- affirmative action preferences, child custody preferences, alimony, lack of financial responsibility during courtship, etc. This is best exemplified in the various Hollywood divorces that ended in millions of alimony; it is suspected Robin Williams ended his life over such a scenario.
"Chad Thundercock" doesn't sound like anything a man would manufacture, nor is jealousy over the attractiveness of other men common among males. That is more a female trait, I find it dubious that the "Chad Thundercock" meme came about and suspect it is a woman/women trolling nerds but with through their biases.
>>
File: LOL.jpg (305KB, 1000x562px) Image search: [Google]
LOL.jpg
305KB, 1000x562px
>>655996
that might be how they justify it.
>>
>>650820
>impregnate chicks all over the world
>no fucks given

I like my way better.
>>
>>656194
Have fun paying back child support
>>
>>650966
>>650965
>>650964

>Adding an unnecessary 20 pounds to your pack

Come on guys you're better than that
>>
>>657045
Not to mention that each child you have is like taking a 20 thousand dollar pay cut in your career.
>>
File: balcony.jpg (1MB, 2304x1728px) Image search: [Google]
balcony.jpg
1MB, 2304x1728px
>>657045
>20 pounds

i wish. he's 23+, plus the pack, plus his food, diapers, wipes, extra clothes, toys, blanket...

i'm packing at least 35 extra over what i need for just me.

but it's waaay worth it to hear him laugh a mile and a half from the nearest trail.
>>
File: unsafe area.png (85KB, 270x187px) Image search: [Google]
unsafe area.png
85KB, 270x187px
>>657064
>money is greater than happiness
>>
>>657068
You should take a moment out of your busy day to listen to this
http://www.npr.org/2013/02/19/172373125/does-having-children-make-you-happier
>>
>>657076
don't need to. i have a child. i am happier.

but you may feel free to remain cynical. :)
>>
>>657078
Not wanting to procreate in 2016 is not cynical but rather rational anon.
>>
Happiness only real when shared
>>
>>657386
What kind if hippie bullshit is that?
And shared with whom?
I went ice fishing with my bros this week, six guys in two tents. We had a fucking blast.
>>
>>657382
saying not wanting to procreate is rational sounds pretty cynical to me
>>
>>657436
I dont see why, the world has too many humans as it is. The The sensible , kind thing to do is to not make any more of them.
>>
>>657439
>too many humans

by what metric?
>>
>>650810
This is 4chan, the majority of people on here have some defect, you may Hide in the wild while someone else hides in a basement
>>
>>657078
I have three children. I can vouch for this statement. All three have gone many miles in a backpack or sling.
>>
>>657441
I am not going to be drawn into a political debate , if this is the first time you have heard that many people see the world as overcrowded then I am not here to educate you on the matter.
>>
>>657447
i have, but they very rarely have an argument other than "because", and i wondered if you have a legitimate reason, but apparently you don't
>>
>>657450
>an argument other than "because"
Well then you are just ignorant of the topic.
It is fine to disagree once you know the finer points but you obviously do not.
You need to educate yourself anon , even on things you do not agree with. You should know the arguments for and against..
This education should not take place on 4chan
>>
>>657462
In other words,
>I said the world is overpopulated
>he asked why you think that, and didn't shitpost doing it
>I wouldn't tell him, and shitposted
>he asked why you think that, and didn't shitpost doing it
>I told him he's ignorant but refused to produce any information to support my position

You look and sound like a fool, sir.
>>
>>657473
A fool is a person who had no knowledge of basic world issues like overpopulation.
No my friend , the idiot is you.
Its like the idiot in the Colorado thread that wanted me to explain evolution to him.
Not here to teach basic classes to children.
>>
>>657462
>>657476
i'm aware of most of the arguments. i'm also aware that most of them are false or misrepresentative. i'm wondering which you think are valid. but you clearly don't have enough faith in the facts (or lack thereof) of you opinions to present them. but you're welcome back to the grown up table whenever you have something substantial to share.
>>
>>657650
Nice backpedal.
> I was only pretending to be retarded
So what you wanted me to do was waste half my day going over stuff you were already aware of.
Glad I did not play your little game.
>>
>>651726
>nobody wants to listen to you talk about trains for 2 hours just because they said "how are you?" when they passed you in the hallway)

Top kek you're doing God's work
>>
>>655533
1/3rd of women with an implant stop having periods

The implant prevents ovulation

Checkmate atheists
>>
>>657382
>>657439
>>657447
>>657462
>>657476
Overpopulation is absolute bullshit. The truth is most first-world countries are actually reproducing below replacement rate. I don't know why so many people buy into this "too many humans" myth, but my guess is because it makes them feel righteous for doing selfish and lazy things like not having and raising good kids.

>>655443
It is not a win at all. "MGTOW" ideology is harmful to society in the exact same way that feminism and the sexual liberation movement are. They both promote promiscuity and/or not having a partner and children. They both destroy the family, which is the very foundation of society.

No matter what kind of great work is done or innovations are made, it won't mean shit if there isn't another generation of good people to take over.
>>
>>657668
We have been overpopulated for over 100 years.
Just because the planet can sustain 10 billion people it does not mean that it should.
You have to think in much much longer terms.
Look at fossil fuel.
That is our inheritance , it took millions of years of sunlight to grow all the plants that were sequestered as oil. We will be out of all of that stuff in a few hundred years.
Without fossil fuel we would have never had the industrial revolution.
If humans suffer a huge setback , we wont have that first rung on the ladder to help us get back to where we are now.
This is just one aspect that opens up when you start thinking in terms of millenia instead of lifetimes.
>>
>>657671
Even when thinking in terms of resources and millennia, "stop having kids" isn't the solution at all. The people who are smart enough to even contemplate these things are the last people we need to stop reproducing. The world would be left to the thoughtless and impulsive.
>>
>>657671
ahh, peak fuel. fun.

you realize we're developing plenty of alternative energy sources? "running out of oil" and having a catastrophic economic breakdown isn't a concern.
>>
>>657676
You do realize that humanity is vulnerable to all manner of calamity right?
Sure not in our lifetimes most likely, but over the course of the next 10,000 years?
All sorts of things might happen.
>>
>>657689
>10000 years
>still confined to earth's resources

and you're accusing *me* of being shortsighted?
>>
>>657476
>the idiot is you
Because I called you out for shitposting when you obviously can't support your arguments? Hell, I wasn't even the one arguing with you. Go reread my pronouns.

>>657656
Love those kids, but they can be such a pain when they go off on a tangent and don't know when to stop.
>>
>>657847
sorry mate but not getting draw into an argument about whether or not things like , evolution, global warming or overpopulation are real is not shitposting.
>>
>>657441

By the metric that the if everyone lived the first world western (read: USA) lifestyle we'd require 3 globes worth of resources to provide for that?

If you don't think there are too many people on the planet you should pull your head out of your ass.

If you want children fine, but don't try and justify it by saying theres no harm in it - you want kids because its biologically hardwired into you and everyone else and that's why we have world population of 7125000000..
>>
>>657668
The world is fucked m8. Every decent country is being invaded by shitskins be it Muslim or Mexican or African. Civilization is coming to an end and we are all getting poorer. Democracy doesn't work when niggers and women can vote. I'm mgtow now but I did fuck up and have kids and those freaks are going to make perfect idiots to import more niggers and ensure their kids have a worse life with less opportunity's than they had. Also I'm sure their kids will be tranny faggots because that would make the good parents
>>
>>657938
still waiting for something more concrete than your claims of moral superiority...
>>
>>650814

The gf is your problem, not relationdhips. After getting married, I've done more camping/fishing trips in the past few years than the previous decade.

On more than one ocassion, I've come home from work to find the wife has everything packed and says she wants to go to the coast for a few days.
>>
>>657938
The problem is too many white people. They go out being productive and create a surplus of goods and then they are like, hey look at those poor starving Africans and they send over food and medicine and have literally bred hundreds of millions of savages who can't care for themselves. The problem will soon be solved when we replace all the dumb whites with brown people. As soon as the whites are gone then 95% of the brown people will starve or rape each other to death. I hope this doesn't sound racist just because I am white because I acknowledge whites are debils
>>
File: images.png (4KB, 360x409px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
4KB, 360x409px
>>658075
>too many white people
>>
>>658038

I can't condense it any more than this: The world does not have enough resources to support an exponentially growing population. Within the next few decades expect things like water poverty, resource inequality, climate migration, to increase drastically.

If you are being wilfully obtuse I can only give my strongest wish that you and your partner are infertile and you are forced to spare the world any retarded progeny.

>>658075
Not so much 'whites' as 'first world'. Focus on economical growth, consumerism, disassociation of people with place, lack of awareness in part due to misinformation/lack of information, the concept of entitlement (rife in USA) and of 'my and mine', the break up of community and local trade, large scale monoculture and industrial agricultural processes (fodder/livestock over concentrations) these are all factors in the problem.

Honestly I can see why people argue about HOW to change things, but I'm at a loss when people are still arguing there isn't even a problem. kek.
>>
>>658129
Do you favor ending food aid or ebola aid to Africa?

Wouldn't the population problem take care of itself if we stopped saving the African population from starving?
>>
>>658144

It's not simply the number of people, it's the impact of lifestyle/culture.

If you want to go all racist then focus on India and China, they're the two countries with previously low resource impact per capita now approaching western standards of living.

Its a misconception that western lifestyle is the pinnacle of cultural evolution. In actuality it's numbing, wasteful, and excessive.

The problem is this is a hugely complex issue made no easier by all the faggots who deny a problem to begin with.
>>
>>658175
>there are too many people
>it's not the number of people

Make up your mind faggot. You can't make a statement like hurr durr everyone knows there are too many people but its not the number of people
>>
>>658129
>>658175
it's always so cute when 19 year olds discover marx

we're not running out of resources. they may be distributed inefficiently (food), or we may need some more technological improvement to take full advantage (desalinization), but there's plenty of everthing to go around, even if we add several billion more people.

and sorry to disappoint you, but my wife and i already have a kid. :)
>>
>>658202
>already have a kid. :)
you smile now but when your wife decides to leave you , your world will turn to absolute shit.
Fifty fifty chance this will happen in the next few years 85 percent chance in the next 15 years.
>>
>>658679
>white
>college educated
>financially stable
>both over 30
>married 10 years
>both sets of parents still married
>strong family support system
>common interests and friends
>good communication

sorry anon, we hit every target to have a happy life together. :)
>>
>>658202
>it's always so cute when 19 year olds discover marx

https://youtu.be/S_E2EHVxNAE
>>
>>658729
Dreamer.
Unless you are fairly uneducated and have strong religious convictions, your odds are still poor.
>>
>>658736
check your facts anon. the only strike we have against us is that we got married in our early 20s. statistically we're at <5% chance of divorce at this point. :)
>>
>>658742
You are looking at old stats anon and poorly parsed.
No one in america has got a 95% success rate. Not any group.
>>
>>658743
>being this bitter that a stranger is happy

keep telling yourself we'll fail if that gives you some sort of reassurance about your poor life decisions, but i hope somewhere in the corner of your mind you're aware and open to the idea that a better life exists, sharing it with someone else. :)
>>
>>658745
Even if you don't get divorced and you probably will, you will still be miserable
>>
>>650795
>What are your thoughts on foregoing a long term partner and having kids
Congratulations, you're introverted bipolar!
>>
>>658754
>this desperate to believe everyone's as unhappy as you
>>
>>658730
kek. well played, anon.
>>
>>658760
>this desperate to find a man to pay for your halfbreed
>>
>>658779
>find a man
>women on 4chan
>>
>>658745
getting married is a poor life decision if ever there was one anon.
The idea that marriage leads to happiness is outdated
>>
>>658814
>marriage leads to happiness

i never said that. that's like people who think that having a kid will save their struggling relationship. if shit's rocky you shouldn't add more stress and pressure to hold it together-that's very apt to backfire.

BUT happiness leads to marriage, or happiness leads to kids are ideas i can get behind. :)
>>
>>658835
I'm not sure how having a fat wife or a kid that hates you for being racist because you have a job will make you happy but surely its worth giving up your life on the small chance it does.
>>
>>658858
did you read the whole post you responded to, or just the greentext?
>>
>>658858
Havent you heard?
Getting married to some fat trailer bitch who has several mixed race children is the only fulfilling way to live.
>>
watch "alone in the wilderness" for inspiration. dude spends 35 years in the alaskan wilderness alone
>>
>>659431
That is Dick MGTOW !
He is the patron saint of our little board here.
Welcome to /out/
>>
File: MGTOW dating.png (92KB, 483x244px) Image search: [Google]
MGTOW dating.png
92KB, 483x244px
>>650795
>foregoing a long term partner

I have even stopped dating.
I now use the money I used to spend on dates to go to asian massage parlors to get a tugger.
Much cheaper in the long run.
>>
>>659673
>>659431
>He is the patron saint of our little board here.
Dick would make a politely evasive comment about our little board here if pressed, because he was a nice guy, but privately think we're a bunch of losers and the very reason he rejected both society and technology.
>>
>>660490
>mfw I could have bought 3000 of those and it would have been cheaper than the divorce settlement
>>
>>660530
You dont pay a hooker for sex
You pay her to leave.
>>
>>650795
Degenerate and selfish. Today's generation seems like they just want to be perpetual children, never accepting the responsibilities of adulthood. They think "I'll just have kids when I'm 30-40" and when that time comes they realize they've wasted their time not finding someone to settle down with and end up alone forever.
>>
>>660544
Is the big goal in life to settle down and have kids?
I have absolutely no interest in that.
If that makes me childish then so be it.
>>
>>660544
On the contrary, marriage before your late 20s at the earliest is a near-certain recipe for divorce in your 30s. You need to become your own person before you can chose a suitable partner, and that happens later and later with each generation more mollycoddled than the last.
>>
>>660551
The most stable of marriages are Mormons 18-23. Every other marriage will surely end in divorce and misery.
>>
>>660564
Most stable marriages are between super bland people.
I have never met an interesting stable couple.
>>
>>660790
Haven't met me yet anon, me and my wife do super duper interesting stuffs n stuff
>>
>>660564
Yes but mormons are destined for hell. How is that worth preserving a marriage?
>>
>>660803
Same here. My wife and I do things we think are interesting and don't care if some anon thinks they're boring.
>>
>>661085
>My wife

I bet her vagina stinks to high heaven.
>>
File: Funny-MGTOW.jpg (14KB, 235x235px) Image search: [Google]
Funny-MGTOW.jpg
14KB, 235x235px
>>661085
> wife
>>
>>658046
holy fuck, dude, you got yerself a keeper!
>>
>>661161
Yeah she's definitely over sized
>>
>>661220
kek
>>
>>650803
kek'd hard
>>
I don't know you, so I don't know how much you like kids. But as a parent who lives in a small town surrounded by ancient forests, meaning I spend a lot of time outdoors, think that you would regret not having kids, especially in later life. Whilst scary, having kids is amazing and I honestly believe that a life without them is a grey shadow of a life. Just my opinion ofc. I am certain you would be able to find a happy balance between parenting and being out in the woods or hiking or whatever.
>>
>>663323
Studies find that people always think the path they have chosen in terms of procreation , was the correct one.
People rarely think "I wish I had never had kids" but by the same token, then never think "I wish I had had more kids".

I am almost 50 and I am SOOOOOO glad I dont have any kids to deal with and no ex wives stealing my money.
Thats just me though.
>>
File: 1438606641004.jpg (53KB, 480x316px) Image search: [Google]
1438606641004.jpg
53KB, 480x316px
Children are horrible
>>
>>651130
>>>/pol/
>>
>>651687
I've gotta say I only ever went on /mu/ before trying out /out/ and this is an amazing board compared to that shithole.
>>
>>650795
unfortunately what ive done.

>it's great
>>
I am much older than most of you.
I have traveled and camped all over the world.
I have lived on the beach and in the mountains.
This would never have been possible with a wife and kid.
>>
>>664572
You should have been here the first year.
>>
>>650975
What a fucking faggot...

Your wife doesnt respect you I am willing to bet my life on it.
>>
>>665425
Virgin.
Thread posts: 196
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.