[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the best /out/ country? I would have to say either

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 97
Thread images: 15

What's the best /out/ country?

I would have to say either Canada or Russia due to the massive amounts of wilderness.

What do you guys think?
>>
US because permafrost and peatlands aren't the nicest /out/tings.
>>
>>650465
Canada and Russia are the best I'd you REALLY want to leave civilization, but I wouldn't say that's the only definition of being /out/.

If I had to pick a country, it would be one that's most diverse. The USA is probably the most diverse country geographically on the planet.

USA has arid desert, high snow covered peaks, vast plains of grasslands, temperate forests, rocky cold coastline, tropical islands, warm Sandy beaches, artic tundra.... a huge selection of stuff to go /out/ in.

Other countries that may come close would be Brazil due to the huge rainforests, Argentina with its mountains, plains, and coast, Australia with the vast outback and coastlines, even China with its varied terrain.
>>
>>650530
Confirmed for not being the most diverse, google will tell you this.
>>
File: Gall–Peters_projection_SW.jpg (723KB, 2058x1314px) Image search: [Google]
Gall–Peters_projection_SW.jpg
723KB, 2058x1314px
>>650530
Asia/china has jungles, rainforests and shit, combined with planes and plateaus, varied shoreline, deserts and all that jazz, it should be a little higher up imho.

Also I prefer this map type because it makes the actual areas of the countries more obvious where as the traditional type gave me a bad impression of the size of the world as a child.
>>
What about NZ?
>>
>>650537
Agreed with China being high on the list, but there's also more than a billion people there. There's cities everyone with over a million population. Same with India, very diversw, but there's just SO many people.

Because of this, USA wins my vote. Also, neither India nor China have true artic tundras.
>>
File: 5592643838_e76db1860e_b.jpg (514KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
5592643838_e76db1860e_b.jpg
514KB, 1024x683px
argentina's pretty high, once you get away from the shitty people there.
>>
>>650544
Kickass country, VERY much /out/... but because of its relatively small soze, I'd have to keep it off the top of the list. Still, I'd rather go /out/ there than many other countries that would "technically" be better.
>>
Canada, Russia, Nordics
>>
>>650612
This.

But it all depends on what your preferences are. I like empty countries like Canada and Russia but there are alot of isolated countries such as Papau New Guinea many South American countries.

It all depends.
>>
>>650612
Big, cold, not diverse.

Big, pretty diverse.

Small, not diverse.
>>
File: IMG_20150910_094421.jpg (976KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150910_094421.jpg
976KB, 2048x1536px
>>650612
Not quite pic related, so no.
>>
Australian bush has its charm. It's like no other in the world. Unfortunately that means pretty harsh dry landscape that may not be the comfiest to look at, but sometimes I double take on some great rolling fields with the foot of a forrest made of ghost gums and enormous gum trees.
>>
>>651061
Canada is diverse ya shit
>>
>>650465

Canadian wilderness is largely unusable/unenjoyable, tundra, marsh and/or swampland.
>>
>>650465

America, duh. Not only for such wonders as The Grand Canyon, Yellowstone, and Yosemite, but also for our management of the outdoors.

Canada is number 2. Russia is a mess. China is filthy.

Bhutan would be number one if anyone could afford it.
>>
ITT Americans get butthurt
>>
>>650576
+1 for Argentina, Patagonia and Tierra del fuego are top tier
>>
>>651113
>itt people try to pretend like the usa isn't the right answer

ftfy
>>
>>650465
How many countires other than the US started the parks system like we have? General curiosity.
>>
Nepal.

Oh wait, you probably haven't even been there.
>>
>>650530
Australia is just a giant desert with a little bit of temperate coastline that's all subdivisions now. Kinda like southern California, but not as nice.
>>
>>651102
Nah.
>>
File: 20151222_093507.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20151222_093507.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
You can go /out/ in any country, look how small NZ is on the map and this is what I saw yesterday on a 4hr walk.

The beauty of /out/ is discovering new places, dont get hung up on "the best" like some jingoist.
>>
>>651108
Lol fucking Americans, hurr durr too many people, too few people, hurr durr learned my geography from alphabet soup
>>
>>651176
Lol Americans don't know anything except murrica
>>
File: O_Pampa.jpg (355KB, 1624x1080px) Image search: [Google]
O_Pampa.jpg
355KB, 1624x1080px
>>651200
sadly, in some places you get hundreds of kilometres before anything interesting happens. you can't really just walk out and be /out/
>>
>>651213
>>651200
The geography of NZ is probably the most beautiful and diverse for such a small country. If only it were a bit bigger and less populated it would be the perfect /out/ country.
>>
>>651202
>alphabet soup
>>my fucking sides
>>
Can anyone actually convince me why the US is not the best /out/ country geographically speaking? Other countries may have some better mountains for example, but we have those mountains plus literally everything else
>>
>>651251
Overpopulated, also murricans reside there.
>>
>>651258
The US has one of the lowest population densities of any industrialized country.
>>
>>651251
Canada is the best I've come across so far, haven't really travelled around much of it except the province I live in, though. Really want to explore eastern Russia and Hokkaido with my gf though, heard they're beautiful in the winter.
>>
>>651251

The laws here on camping and fire starting in a lot of a states where you can eek out a decent living are a joke. Any public forest near a large population is full of hobos and junkies. To that point, too much land is privately owned and off limits. In order to have a good /out/ experience here then you basically have to go so fucking far out of your way you spend more time travelling to your spot than enjoying it. Plus the holiday laws for employees mean you rarely get a chance to have an extended hike/camp anyway, even if you can find a decent spot where you can start a fire and not have to worry about forest hobbos and gun-totting land owners. Most people car camp in bullshit camping grounds for a reason.

Scotland, the Nordics and Russia are the best places to go out in the developed world.
>>
>>651265
Hahahahaha no.
>>
>>651271
Scotland? Is that a good /out/ country? Please explain.
>>
>>651271
Pretty much this, I hunt in Canada every winter and have a blast. Little bit of bullshit paperwork getting my hunting rifle across but goddamn the scenery
>>
>>651273
https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_population_density

Hahahahaha yes.
>>
File: scottish-highlands.jpg (117KB, 1000x663px) Image search: [Google]
scottish-highlands.jpg
117KB, 1000x663px
>>651274

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_to_roam
>>
>>651282
Hahahaha no. Murica #1 therefore should be #1 since murica #1 everything else murca murca oh wait fucking fail. Canada and Russia both have much better density populations
>>
>>651286
>Russia
>industrialized
>only like 4 industrialized countries out of 50 or so in the world that have lower population densities than the US

Also, learn England.

It's a difficult language, but capitalization and punctuation aren't that hard.
>>
>>651286
Fellow canada fag here, you must be french getting population density backwards lol. It's cool bro just made me kek
>>
>>651297
England is crowded as fuck, enjoy kebab
>>
>USA

Camping is literally regulated to no end in America

>campfire
Need a permit!

>camping
Camping in a designated Safe Camping Zone(tm)? If not, a "Backcountry Permit(tm)" is required!

>use axe or kni-
ILLEGAL!
>>
>>651297
Considering Russia is one massive war and oil machine
>>
>>651297
Making fun of someone for anything during a debate signals to the other team that you have lost.
>>
>>650465
>Ctrl + F
>"Chile"
>0 Results

do yall niggas even fucking /out/? Chile cant get more /out/ than it already is. its literally a fucking mountain chain RIGHT FUCKING NEXT to the ocean. Tons of History from their past civilizations, Machu Pichu, the entirety of the Andes, tierra del fuego, Glaicers and Deserts, oh and did i mention THEY OWN PART OF THE ANTARCTIC.

Honorable mention to Norway and you fucks still cant give it any love smfh

pic related, you do not FUCK with the Andes
>>
>>651314
But guns are fine
>logic
>>
>>651314
Not even true. It depends on the state. Literally all I have to do in my state is make sure I'm on federal land (most of it is) and set up a tent.
>>
>>651320
Canada bro here, guns are fine. It's their owners filled with malice that are the problem.
>>
File: durr.jpg (32KB, 500x371px) Image search: [Google]
durr.jpg
32KB, 500x371px
>>651319
>machu picchu
>chile

try again, retard
>>
>>651190
>Southern California
>nice

If you like crowed, smelly cities with no trees, bad drivers and high taxes then maybe
>>
>>651209
America is a big place, yo. If we want tropics, we go to Hawaii, if we want mountains, we go to the Rockies or the Cascades. If we want Autumn colors, we go to New England. We don't really ever need to leave the country to see what we want, unless it's something uniquely foreign.
>>
>>651417

It's all mediocre though. It's like you got the 7 of spades, diamonds, hearts and clubs, and great job. Happy for you.

But the 8's through aces of those suits are held by other countries.
>>
>>651444
Love this
>>
File: mt-shuksan.jpg (1MB, 3072x1364px) Image search: [Google]
mt-shuksan.jpg
1MB, 3072x1364px
>>651444
That's just you're opinion, man
>>
>>651444
That is ridiculously untrue. North America has top tier geography in just about everything.
>>
No one's mentioned burmese piles of dead Muslims yet?
Dat reenrichment of soil doe
>>
>>651567
Bone and blood meal is a pretty common soil additive for roses actually
>>
>>651479
>you're
Fuck, some americans are dumb as shit. When you only have to speak one language and do it badly, you deserve no fucking respect.

That being said your pic related it's a nice place indeed.

On topic, well I would have to say Russia. Urals are awesome and due to its sheer size you can't get much better.
>>
>>651585
Autocorrect and big fingers are a bitch
>>
>>650465
Whathever has the most diveristy, I think. You know, forests, sea, deserts, jungle and all that.
>>
>>651585
why so pissed anon
>>
>>651585
Look at anyone who lives in the bible belt, literally all proud to be ignorant subhuman garbage
>>
>>651614
You're pretty much describing all muricans
>>
>>651604
Call me autist or whatever you want but is it that difficult to try to not fuck your own language?
Mistaking shit like
>then
>than
>your
>you're
really does rustle my jimmies desu family.
It's not that hard and it should not be accepted lightly. But hey, no hard feelings ;-)
>>
>>651444
examples, or just >>651172 ?
>>
>>651614
>Ignorance: the post
>>
>>651614
but you're so open minded, tolerant, and not bigoted at all, right?
>>
>>651415

>>durr hurry I don't know what the fuck I'm talking about.
>>
File: map_projections.png (241KB, 650x1990px) Image search: [Google]
map_projections.png
241KB, 650x1990px
>>650537
>>
File: 1332308203551.jpg (214KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1332308203551.jpg
214KB, 1024x768px
You people put to much value in diversity

Brazil for example has almost all major biomes in the world minus the tundra is a shit /out/ country considering it's size.

Fucking Rainforest are so bad for adventure, caatinga is hard as fuck on you, cerrado can be unwelcome too.

Cold places are better because they are not dense and their biggest challange is the temperatue but it's easy to deal with it IF you are using modern technology,
>>
>>651801
hey, i DO have a comfy pair of running shoes i wear everywhere and like coffee. and though i'm not super into the beatles, they've recently started to grow on me.

2spoopy4me
>>
>>651190
You're partially correct, Australia is for the large part a giant desert but the parts that aren't vary from tropical rainforest to cool temperate forests with a fuckton of grassland in between, the country ranges from ~10deg to 45deg south. A lot of Australia isn't very comfy out territory though, like a lot of southern Africa everything is spiky in the arid areas, most of the available wood is hard as fuck to work and flies, many many flies, find the right places though and it's awesome
>Pic from around the Pemberton Karri forest - one of the tallest tree species in the world which were harvested near to extinction
The other nice thing is it's quiet unless you're /out/ in peak holiday season.
>>
>>651801
what's wrong with Peters?

I mean, apart from looking atrocious
>>
Any country that isn't Netherlands or Belgium or Luxembourg
>>
>>651876

Benelux is like a giant train station.
>>
Scotland is nice

>live in Glasgow
>2 hours later by own mini loch, not a single person around

sure I nearly drowned in the mud pit at the bottom of an old dam but hey, the freedom to roam is the best thing about this shitehole country imo
>>
>>651906
>2 hours later

Mate you could fly to Norway in less time and be surrounded by endless forests and mountains.
>>
>>651983
but im a poor student, I have an 8 man tent and access to a car but thats it
>>
>>650465
>mercator

fucking disgusting
>>
Norway/Sweden/Finland
>>
>>650465
I'd defs give it to the US
>Massive variety - southern badlands, Alaskan ice, Appalachian rainforests, mountains, wetlands and so on
>Extensive and pretty good national park system
>Low enough population density that you can get away from people. You can even find true fucking isolation in Alaska
>Not overly polluted
> /out/ culture

Australia
>Good variety, large parts of the country rival Alaska in isolation. Beautiful isolated beaches. /out/ culture. Good national parks
>But (imo) - not as much variety as the US. Australia trees and forests just don't look as good as forests in America or Europe. Less seasonal variation compared to the US which adds to your variety in a way.

NZ
>Gorgeous. Good /out/ culture.
>Too small

Argentina and Chile
>Fantastic variety compared to size because they're tall rather than long. Culture seemed pretty pro-/out/. Gorgeous landscape down south
>Doubt you could get away from people as easily as the US or Aus, most of the national parks I went to seemed pretty overrun with people.
>Didn't really spend long enough there to properly judge.

Canada, Russia
>I figure there'd be less variety there. I dunno

Europe
>Too little variety per country. Too many people.

Asia
>Too many people

Mostly talking out my ass on the last 3 t b h f a m
>>
>>652221
>Australia trees and forests just don't look as good as forests in America or Europe
It's interesting, Australia has some of the oldest landmasses but the newest forests, the flowering trees we have grow much faster than trees from an older age but live for a far shorter time, I agree though, the way Eucalypts grow allows for a lot of undergrowth, super dense in places and an absolute bitch to get around in, not as comfy as other forest types.
>>
>>652221
It depends what part of asia
>>
>>652595
Yeah, but I don't think any compare to the US, Aus or S America.

China and India for example - both have a fair amount of variety but there's not the /out/-supportive culture and infrastructure you get in the west (poorly run national parks, pollution, encroaching industry etc). And you can't even get away to the wilderness like you can in a lot of Aus, Can or the US because of the population. Obviously there are exceptions (Inner Mongolia or XInjiang in China for ecample) but then you're losing out on variety.

Pretty much any other Asian coutnry has similar issues but doesn't even have the size to start with.

I'm not saying Asia isn't great to go /out/ but I just don't see the word 'best' fitting any of them.
>>
>>652221
>New Zealand is too small
but it's a fact that you can get as far away from civilization in New Zealand as you can in any other country, barring Canada and Russia. NZ has true, old-growth, pristine wilderness of a caliber found only in a handful of countries. It's not just on the South Island, either; I walked in a straight line for five days in the Urewera Forest on the north island without seeing another person, just the occasional abandoned poacher's track or DOC hut.
It's development that matters, not size.
>>
>>652221
>talking out your ass
At least you own up to it.
>Too little variety per country
Spain alone has easily as much landscape variety as America. Mediterranean forest, true desert, hardwood forest, alpine forest, and at least three distinct mountain ranges.
>>
>>651322
Fellow Nevadan?
>>
File: bioregions.jpg (36KB, 400x280px) Image search: [Google]
bioregions.jpg
36KB, 400x280px
>>651190
Its actually far more complex than that. Outback desert, semi-arid mulga, the mangroves of up North, tropical rainforest in Queensland, towering mountain ash forests and so much more than I can think of.
I doubt you could name anywhere else with such a truly unique flora and fauna - eucalyptus and banksias, platypuses and koalas
>>
>>650465
China's countryside is the best, famfam.

t. person who lived in rural China
>>
File: garibaldi provincial park.jpg (93KB, 625x469px) Image search: [Google]
garibaldi provincial park.jpg
93KB, 625x469px
>>652221
I would argue Canada has almost as much variety as the US personally, we have rainforests, deserts, grasslands, tundra, mountains, so on so forth just like plenty of other places,though admittedly our desert is a bit lacking compared to the US. I would also say we have a pretty strong /out/ culture too, and being slightly larger then the US with about 10% of the population means you can get really isolated if you so choose. Also while Ive never been to Argentina or Chile myself, I would argue that for someone dedicated enough, you could get out of the crowds in most countries outside of the really tiny European ones like Luxembourg and shit like that. Similarly for NZ, while it is small, I think it's still big enough for that not to be too big of a detractor.
>>
ITT: /out/ realizes the world is very diverse
>>
>>654667
This
>>
>>651110
"Management"
So much fracking.
>>
France not realy wilderness but backpacker dream, great trail & great food
Thread posts: 97
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.