[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/out/ and Religion

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 218
Thread images: 34

Howdydoo, lads. Love ya' all.

It's no secret that outdoor activities are incredibly beneficial for the body, mind and spirit. Does it bring my fellow sc/outs/ to a better connection with whichever deities or lack thereof they worship? What religion do you follow, if any?

This isn't some kind of edgy 'muh mother naturr' thread, neither is it a place for theists and atheists to shit on each other, please take that stuff elsewhere.
>>
I do ceremony, I don't talk to white people about it and I don't think western notions of "nature" and humanities place in it aligns with my understanding of it.

That being said I find other people feeling at one or connected to things valid and I'm not here to squash that.
>>
>>643642
Could you clarify some more, though? I'm not that white, y'know.
>>
>>643656
Prefer not to, anyway I will say there are many plastic shamans around and outsiders should be privy of those willing to sell you traditions so you can feel "one with nature"
>>
>>643659
No kidding. Like they say over here 'Moscow has broken worse', lots of things are monetized and it wouldn't be right if it wasn't, like you say, plastic spiritualism.

That said, I do ceremony myself and get where you're coming from, I wouldn't want to spread on it too much.
>>
> worship the Creator, not the creation

All it's about is your separation from God, if nature reduces that, better for you and all. But remember green text.
>>
File: ___faith____by_plomyczek.jpg (83KB, 452x700px) Image search: [Google]
___faith____by_plomyczek.jpg
83KB, 452x700px
>>643610
I feel a better connection to the wights of the land. When I was trekking along the east coast I felt a strong connection to my ancestors.

It's all very much an individual experience and personal so any ritual I perform I don't talk to skraelingar about it.

I might leave an offering here or there though. A gift begets a gift.
>>
>>643689
I thank God for redheads!
>>
File: 33wo2zs.gif (288KB, 204x205px) Image search: [Google]
33wo2zs.gif
288KB, 204x205px
>>643703
As much as I love redheads, I'm all about blondes. Hnnggg.
>>
I don't believe in god. Long distance hiking if a form of meditation for me. Being outside walking upright in the sun drinking water is something our species spent millions of years doing. Its good mentally and physically.
>>
File: 1390730728125.jpg (63KB, 680x387px) Image search: [Google]
1390730728125.jpg
63KB, 680x387px
>brought up Christian but not strict
>used to go to church when I was young
>got christianed
>grow out of religion
>turn into an angry fedora atheist in my teens
>mellow out
>dad died earlier this year and started praying for some reason
>feel a bit weird about religion now and I'm confused
>>
>>643734
Sorry for your loss, mate. I'm sure you'll find the comfortable path.
>>
>>643741
Cheers m8
>>
I do not believe in any sort of higher power but feel incredible elation when standing atop a mountain and taking in the wonder of the universe.

>inb4 euphoric
>>
>>643610
I just like going out. I definitely haven't felt a connection to any higher power when I'm out there.

>>643642
Why don't you want to share your feelings/thoughts with white people if they are interested in them?
>>
>>643642
You are about one step away from being a white mans indian.
>>
File: IMG_20140620_172125629_HDR.jpg (4MB, 4320x2432px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20140620_172125629_HDR.jpg
4MB, 4320x2432px
I was raised without a particular theism pushed on me, my folks stressed respect for nature, value hard work and to be skeptical of others. Growing up the family would go for at least one hike a weekend and have a bonfires fall and spring.

Ultimately I found books on faeries and Norse gods as a child at the library. A lot of it fit and I'm half Norwegian anyway.
Going /out/ has always been my spiritual time really, recharging and reflecting. It's hard to explain, I might have to come back to elaborate.
>>
>>643751
>I'm half Norwegian anyway

>muh heritage
>>
File: 1413377023570.jpg (2MB, 4001x2692px) Image search: [Google]
1413377023570.jpg
2MB, 4001x2692px
>>643610

I was raised with irreligious parents, I went through my mandatory fedora stage in highschool.

Over the past few years my ways of thinking on the topic have changed significantly, perhaps in parallel to my politics.

I think a 'spiritual' component to life is more or less essential to happiness unless you're able to completely ignore the shit aspects of existence. That said, the word 'spiritual' has been ruined by sandal-wearers and granola eaters.

I'm not very good at convincing myself to believe in things, or to ignore others. Being European pretty much limits my options to Christianity (which I don't think I could pull off) or LARPy pagan things (which have also been ruined).

It's a bit difficult.
>>
>>643780
Don't look at what others do, mate. Keep your beliefs to yourself and practice in peace - whatever it is. The first Pagans turned Christian didn't have Christian ancestry either.
>>
File: 34020587.jpg (31KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
34020587.jpg
31KB, 500x333px
>>643760
Piss off Muhammad.
>>
File: tuuuurtle.jpg (7KB, 320x148px) Image search: [Google]
tuuuurtle.jpg
7KB, 320x148px
>>643610
>>
File: varg-vikernes.jpg (112KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
varg-vikernes.jpg
112KB, 600x900px
>>643610
i was was raised by atheist/agnostic parents and had a huge fedora phase when I was younger.

I've turned to germanic paganism now, but not the liberal "muh vikings tv show asatru" that it's often associated with. I just do a little ritual or sacrifice before I go hunting as a good luck charm

and I encourage any person to research the native religion of their ethnic background, which is almost always nature worshipping or associated.
>>
>>643822
if you are american....fuck you pal. if you are german...servus, amerikaner hier.
>>
>>643822
>sacrifice
?
>>
this is going to sounds kind of hippy dippy but...

i understood whatever it is for the first time while i was hiking in northern new Zealand. it just kind of clicked for me and i knew it was what it was. now i see it all the time.

whenever i lose it i just got a hike alone and it finds me.
>>
File: 1390629202297.jpg (194KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1390629202297.jpg
194KB, 1024x768px
>>643780
Whole heartedly agree with you, mate.
People are often quick to associate something with something else that either has bad press or is in the public eye.
In the UK, paganism is a very weird subject, or belief; and one I hold close.

There's this one guy in my MPC who wears mjolnir around his neck, he drinks ale out of fucking horns. I asked him if he was pagan, as cringey as that is, and he spoke something like "y-yeah, I guess I am"

I kinda ventured off on what I was on about, but I think people have just forgot about many things regarding religion, nothing is lost, but it takes a special something to remember.
>>
>>643822
I mistook that man as Einar Selvik for a moment
who is that man by the way, friend?
>>
>>643883
Black metal musician who is also a racist, arsonist and murderer.
>>
>>643886
I just read about that, mixed up stuff
Burned down churches and murdered his guitarist
I had not read further, but was he a neo-nazi or a pagan?
>>
>>643659
>implying your traditions weren't lost and reinvented with the help of Hollywood
>>
>>643890
I don't know too much about him other than what I said aside from his music. I don't think he's a Neo-nazi and is inspired by paganism but the guy definitely has some problems.
>>
>>643734
sorry for your loss OP.
Spiritual feelings are very real, I dont know if they are the result of God or gods, but I feel like acknowledging them and exploring them can do a lot for a persons mental well being.
>>
File: VargVikernes080514.jpg (61KB, 685x502px) Image search: [Google]
VargVikernes080514.jpg
61KB, 685x502px
>>643893

Yeah, he's been pretty clear that he's not a neo-Nazi (neo-Nazis seem to be degenerates anyway).

According to him he killed the guy because the guy was bragging about how he was going to drug him and then use him in a snuff film, so he went to his apartment, got into a fight and killed him.

Now he lives in France, has a wife and children. I believe he lives off-grid too.
>>
I practice a lot of buddhist beliefs and share the mindset, and while not so much of the spiritual portion, nothing is more calming and serene than being /out/ and just being apart from the business of life to clear your head.
>>
>>643890
He's an Odinist. Anyone who calls him a neo-nazi is just flat out butthurt about his views.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-10-26-21-00-03.png (177KB, 480x320px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-10-26-21-00-03.png
177KB, 480x320px
>>643745
> no higher power

Yup, humans are it! <sorry, sarc>
>>
>>643965
Humans are not the higher power and are pretty insignificant.

Does not mean there is a god.
Sorry.
>>
>>643610
I sometimes go out and do some little "meditations/rituals" I read in a tom brown book and also some stuff I just make up as I go kinda similar to shugendo or john muir's antics. Also whenever I see a particularly big tree or mossy boulder I feel compelled to give it a hug and appreciate its existence.

Its not really a religious thing tho, just mental exercises to see the world from a different perspective.

Next year I want to build a sweat lodge and maybe try tom brown's drug-free vision quest.
>>
While I generally feel a spiritual connection to nature, it's not to this land. The Australian bush just doesn't feel right, and the quasi-religious experiences I have only show up in pine/temperate forests.
>>
>>643970
We're the higher power on this planet, and this planet is all we've ever known.
>>
>>644036
Higher power means breaking the laws of physics.
No magic, no higher power.
Its code for god and there is none that we can see.
>>
>>644040
We broke the previously established rules of this planet and it's biology.
>>
>>644042
Nothing supernatural about that anon.
HIgher power does not mean dominant life form.
>>
>>643843
What if he were? What's up with that?
Just because he's American doesn't mean he's not entitled to have ethnicity and culture of his own.
I know the whole heritage thing is overblown there and you get a ton of LARP-y, edgy people but the dude is actually doing something. Have a heart.
>>
>>644040
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Having metaphysical powers doesn't mean you're breaking the laws of physics. It just means that we now need to incorporate it into our current scientific understanding.

There's the laws of physics that is our current model of how the world works, and the laws of physics that are the true, absolute ways that the world works. All physicists try and do is bring those two closer together.
>>
>>644084
Don't derail the thread, please. Your discussion belongs elsewhere. Also give credit to Clarke for the quote.
>>
>>644085
It's a pretty fucking common quote. And I'm not "derailing the thread", I'm responding to someone's post regarding the nature of what a higher power is. Sounds about as related to spirituality as spirituality is to the outdoors.

You talk like a fag and your shit's all retarded. Maybe you should go back to reddit?
>>
Christian here
>>
>>643610
iam a buddhist, used to meditate with a group in a zendo a lot, will go back to meditation when more time.

wanted to do a pilgrimage to mt. kailash, but the chinks fucked it up you need 4 permits and cant travel alone, seriously fuck this.
>>
>>644035
Well, the Bush isn't really where your roots are unless you're abo which I doubt, so it's only natural you don't feel that way.
>>
>>644101
we are abos on this planet earth
>>
>>644084
Well said, articulated something I had a vague thought about but never got out
>>
>>644040
> for you

It seems you're the "higher power" as you are ALL KNOWING.

You need to get laid. Ps, fuck off.
>>
>>644042
>>644084
>>644116
samefag
>>
>>644118
Got that wrong in my case pal.
>>
>>644084
You watch too many movies m8, read a book, nonfiction
>>
>>644106
Does that mean it's ok for me to drink petrol and sleep in the street?
>>
>>643760
I don't see the problem, I'm making a choice for myself not dictating what others should choose.
>>
>>643913
He has a fairly interesting YouTube page as well.
>>
>>644131
Abos always remind me of that story I came across on /pol/
>dude's dad is a bush trucker
>drives down a sharp incline
>fucking abos right in the middle of the road sleeping
>he can't stop, runs over 2 of them
>tells the story at home
>women of the house terrified
>tells them he couldn't stop because the truck would jacknife and crash
>"And whatever you were transporting was worth their lives?"
>"No, but there was 5$ in the glovebox"

fucking kek
>>
>>644092
Clark was an atheist and would never go for using his quote for any higher power talk.
>>
Everything is meditation as long as your aware that it is. Practice mindfulness as you walk around. Being attentive. Try to be like an animal observing your surroundings, listening to your body and nothing else. The animal does not think about TV or that it has a cook backpack. When staring into the fire you are meditating. When falling asleep in the dark you are being intentfull. If you bring these traits with you mindfullness, awareness and intent, back to the real world with you you will feel more at one.

So that's what I like to do, on top of leave little Blair Witch esque sculptures around in the middle of the woods to spook the weekenders
>>
>>643610
>Christians/Catholics cloister indoors under roofs and confess sin in little boxes (occasional church dinners are held)
>Pagans run around outside buttnaked having fun (occasional nude ceremonies are held with chicken dinners afterwards)
>>
>>644183
winner winner
>chicken dinner
desu tho senpai i missed blot this year and i am sad
>>
>>644203
That's the thing though. Everyone has chicken dinners. You are basically being bribed.
>>
>>644183
>Catholics cloister indoors under roofs and confess sin in little boxes (occasional church dinners are held)
Get yourself some pilgrimages family
>>
>>643675
What is naturalistic theology.
>>
File: oltarz na kajaku.jpg (62KB, 350x262px) Image search: [Google]
oltarz na kajaku.jpg
62KB, 350x262px
>>644183
I have participated in numerous outdoor masses, i.e. in the woods. Pope JP2 loved hiking, skiing and kayaking. He is even known to make altars of kayaks turned upside down. People take cross-continent pilgrimages in Europe to reach Santiago de Compostela. The most catholic family I know organizes vacations on bikes with tents and stuff. Plus missionaries in third-world countries are pretty much non-stop outdoorsmen and -women.

PIC RELATED
>>
>>644183
also: confessed my sins during a walk in the woods and in a camping caravan.
>>
Basically a lot like this anon>>644170
. I often take such as a sort of cleansing ceremony - just immersing myself in the environment and climbing the thread closer and closer to primality, away from the conscience, and put myself on the "bottom of the leaf" as I usually call it for simplicity. The bottom of the leaf always and only faces the Earth, while the top stares into the sky wondering about what it will never see or have. The latter is great and all, and extremely fascinating, but the bottom is all that truly matters. This is my little metaphor to essentially describe my beliefs.

Anyway, after my "cleansing", I sometimes like to go the opposite way, go inwards, and explore my mind now knowing that it is not as intoxicated by the venemous aspects of humanity.

I treat the universe like a God I will never know, and nature on Earth is a church within which I learn the quasi-god from such a lens.
>>
>>644097
That sucks dude. Are they at least free permits like they often are in the US? So many Asian countries can't get their priorities straight and balanced. Nature is of utmost concern, yes, but no one will understand that if you don't let them understand nature.

I wish more people could learn the ancient and modern Nordic tradition of Friluftsliv. It's basically an understanding and deep love and appreciation for the balance that the vast majority of Nordic folk seem to still hold. Theyre alowed to freely practice herbalism and go fishing, camp and hike almost anywhere, and more, because they know their place in nature and know not to exceed it.
>>
>>643610
>raised atheist/agnostic
>edgy as fuck fedora wearing teenager
>found spirituality/religion a few years ago

I like my solitary practice. I'm not sure whether the gods and spirits and such are real but if they are I'm pretty sure humans can never really understand them.
>>
I'm an animist, baby. I see intelligence and beauty in all of the world, from the smallest of bacteria to the largest mountains and endless oceans. The world runs into me, and I reciprocate in kind.
>>
I know this isn't completely out but I do enjoy going outside, making a small fire, and just staring in it and praying to God. Maybe it's just me, but it's very calming.
>>
>raised Catholic
>always despised the Church, but liked the faith
>lose faith in high school
>start going /out/ a bunch
>on ferry to alaska sitting on top deck at night
>suddenly feel very alright with the notion of god
>start being faithful again, but I refuse to align myself with the Church
Spirituality is damn strange man.
>>
>raised loosely christian
>rarely went to church after I was 6
>went full fedora in middle school
>went full pagan in high school
>pagan stuck
>>
>>644143
>Nice. 7 abos are out of beer and head to town in the pickup for more, driver's drunk and runs into lake, 4 abos in back drown because they were too drunk to open the tail gate.
>>
>>644162
> assuming
>>
>>644431
Not assuming anything, he was a very vocal atheist.
>>
>>644118
Nope
>>644130
Watch hardly any movies. What was the point of your ad hominem again?
>>644162
I don't care what he wanted his quote used for. And it's not a theistic sentiment I was putting forward, considering that I put forward my belief that if we ever did encounter something that "broke the laws of physics", it would simply mean that our current laws of physics were either incomplete or incorrect. We change our understanding whenever quantum physicists make a new discovery, so it would be exactly what we've been doing the whole time anyway.

Is that atheistic enough for you? Are you tipping yet?
>>
>>643843
I'm English, so I worship the Anglo Saxons gods (but they fall under the Germanic paganism pantheon)

>>643868
Sacrifice doesn't just mean killing an animal or human. I get an alcoholic drink, drink some then pour the rest onto the base of a special tree (a sacred tree site or a tree associated with the god)

>>643883
It's varg vikernes. He had a crazy neo nazi space aryan phase in prison but he's chill and lives innawood with his wife and kids, he teaches paganism and Odalism and has a cosy youtube channel. Also has a tabletop RPG if you like those.
>>
>>644424
I'd like to learn more about paganism any books or whatever you'd recommend?
>>
File: WhatIsARuneCropMedium2.jpg (422KB, 593x901px) Image search: [Google]
WhatIsARuneCropMedium2.jpg
422KB, 593x901px
>>644828

I haven't read it, but I have read other books by the author.

It's fucking complex, not easy reading. It's a bit like Evola imo

>https://secure.counter-currents.com/what-is-a-rune-other-essays/
>>
File: image.jpg (419KB, 1800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
419KB, 1800x1200px
Bump

I was born and raised in the heart of New Mexico until I was ten. After living in Southern California for so many years, sourrounded by so many people and so much technology, living so industrial, I long to go back to my roots.
I want to go back and see the vivid colors of the land and sky. I want to be free from urban life and hear something natural and pure again.
>>
>>644893
come closer my child, I will let a pure and natural sound rip for you
>>
File: ukko.jpg (49KB, 434x600px) Image search: [Google]
ukko.jpg
49KB, 434x600px
>>643642
>I don't talk to white people
because obviously ever since during the dawn of man, the white man has known nothing but slavery and jesus
>>
>>643760
Did you cut ties with your parents when/if you moved out? No. Shut the fuck up.
>>
Yeah it does. An untouched forest is a more holy place than any church, mosque or synagogue.
>>
>>644170
Are you the Moss Swastika Man?
>>
>>643610
I think the only time I really feel spiritual is when I'm /out/. Call it what you want but the spirits of the natural world are pretty incredible to experience if you pay attention
>>
>>645734
Hey I just noticed you.

My grandfather said that long ago white people gave away the direct connection with their gods and that it was lost forever.

Having been to various Indo-European neopagans things from Wicca to Asatru events where I was being glared at for being native I have to say he's right. Those were like plays, scripts, roleplay. Not ceremony or ritual.

Feel bad for them desu but at the same time they nearly wiped out my peoples faith and made extinct almost hundreds of others so I don't lose sleep you know.
>>
>>646732
>they nearly wiped out my peoples faith
Nearly? The Europeans' faiths and beliefs were wiped out. Only traditions remain.
>>
>>646743
Their were wipe out but it was by the force of one another that did that. Tribe did not forcefully convert tribe here in the same way.

Traditions? On a European Relgious level? I've never seen it, just attempts and guess works by Christian accounts centuries after the fact.
>>
>>646732
>Only my Gods are Gods
Alright I guess.
I hope you know the Pagans were murdered just like your people were.
>>
>>646747
>Not forcefully convert tribe
But thats exactly what happened; the Romans murdered Germanic Pagans and eventually the Middle-ages brought Christian Rule and the forced converting or murder of pagans in everywhere but Nordic Europe. The Spanish Inquisition killed the last of the Germanic Pagans and the Norman Rule of England brought an end to Celtic beliefs.
>>
>>646749
By fellow Europeans and not under the pretexts of a inferior religion by a racial inferior people
>>646750
I'm stating we did not go tribe against tribe like you did
>>
File: image.jpg (173KB, 500x761px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
173KB, 500x761px
Kind of an offshoot of Zoroastrianism. Worshipping the relationship between light and dark (most often represented with fire at night), with minor self-flagellation and fasting in place of ritual sacrifice because I feel they are more representative of self-will. I've got a nice cave in the desert I use.
I find it brings me the closest to a sense of harmony than anything else.
>>
>>646750
>Norman Rule of England brought an end to Celtic beliefs
anglo saxon beliefs t-b-h. no one believed in celt gods for the last 800 years
>>
>>646732
They did wipe out your people's faith, now they just dress up and dance like they saw people do in the movies

Did your language even survive?
>>
File: 1449760835414.png (253KB, 516x526px) Image search: [Google]
1449760835414.png
253KB, 516x526px
>>643801
>>644136
>>646024
>>
I was born and confirmed Catholic, but ever since leaving home and going to uni I've stopped practicing.

I guess you could say I am something more of a pantheist now? I don't think too much about it, and I don't really have any "rituals" I guess it's all just a spiritual experience when I am outdoors. I just feel something very powerful when it's so quiet, or when the air is fresh, or when a sunset makes the sky a certain orange color.

Feels good.
>>
>>646732
since people are getting a little to /pol/ish with you, I just figured I would add that as a white person I am with you on this 100%. To be honest I feel like the problem modern day whites have with native style rituals, is that they only do it for the aesthetic. They're so bored with their typical white christian religions, that they only see native religions as "an exotic escape" which I think is wrong. I've broken away from the catholic church, but I am not about to pursue someone else's religion just because I think it will make me seem cooler and more worldly.
>>
>>646982
>someone else's religion

What makes you think spiritually or religion is exclusive?
>>
>>643780
>I think a 'spiritual' component to life is more or less essential to happiness unless you're able to completely ignore the shit aspects of existence.

Unless you have a very weird definition of spirituality it really isn't.

Also what is with all these people implying you have to pick a religion based on your ethnicity.
>>
>>646732
>they

No 'they' did not do anything you racist fool.

Why do people born after any of that happened or people alive then who did not do anything have to share the blame just because of their skin colour?
>>
>>647057
>Also what is with all these people implying you have to pick a religion based on your ethnicity.
this tbhf

Are we following the Shinto model now?
Does each race have separate creator god/s like in D&D?
>>
>>647069
If so that leaves anybody who had their 'natural' religion displaced shit out of luck like most people in the Americas, Europe, Africa and huge chunks of Asia.

Just part of the ridiculous idea that you 'own' your culture because of your ethnicity and can tell other people not to use it.
>>
>>647069
You have to be Japanese to be Shinto?
>>
File: _20151215_234819.jpg (759KB, 1620x1055px) Image search: [Google]
_20151215_234819.jpg
759KB, 1620x1055px
/out/ needs more threads like these
>>
File: image.png (33KB, 576x510px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
33KB, 576x510px
>>643808
>>
>>643610
I was born and have been living in Ireland all my life.I consider myself a Pagan. I take inspiration and guidance from Irish Paganism when I go hiking. I don't believe in any fluffy bunny bullshit just work and live with nature and the Gods(I think of them as "atmospheres" because its more of a feeling than a belief in a deity)
>>
>>646936
My faith and language still survives
>>646982
Thanks
>>647051
Because some actually are, not every faith has a inclusive Christianity like ethos
>>647065
Even though I was born in the 80's I am still effected by the policies and laws of this government that has effected our homeland, culture and faith.

It was only through the persistence of elders that our faith was even made legal in the 1990's.

White people believe they are born with a blank slate and they themselves build from nothing. We are taught that it's inherited, we are the accumulative manifestation of our ancestors choices and actions.

You are at and I am at where we are because of the people before us
>>
>>647101
There is only one non-Japanese Shinto priest in the world and many don't recogniza him because Shinto is interlinked with the bloodline and history of the Japanese land and people
>>
>>647199
But where you end up is on you
>>
>>647209
That sounds like some phrase you find in an inspirational movie

Have you ever lived on a Rez? They are what they are solely because of the BIA, the rezs are the result of intentional economic and educational marginalization. If large swarthy of people don't make it living in third World conditions within the confines of the united states given our history and government policy I don't believe it's all or even mostly on them.
>>
>>647199
Its still immoral and idiotic to judge people alive today for what their ancestors did. Doing so makes you a bad person, its that simple.
>>
>>647199
Said the white guy..
>>
>>647395
People benefit from their ancestors on a daily basis, call it idiotic every American not of native ancestry is here because their ancestors either actively worked against native autonomy or came behind those what did and reaped the benefits.
>>647414
Yes because only white people go on 4chan
>>
>>647426
What's your point? I know this is pretty ironic for me to allude to Abrahamic religious themes, but holding people accountable for the sins of their fathers is a toxic mindset that doesn't lead to anything. Obviously people benefit or suffer due to past decisions but it's through no fault of their own.

Bury the hatchet, it will get you way further than being salty about the past.
>>
>>647430
Nah, the reality is the poorest counties in the united states are reservations and they are poor because the United States intentional set us in places were there was no economic value.

The fact of the matter is your judeo-Christian ethos only come out when you're confronted with a reality you dislike. I am not a Christian, I don't care about turning the other cheek.

Also I don't appreciate at all that you're telling me to make peace because as soon as we did your people killed us.

Bury to Hatchet refers to the Iroquois Nation, when they did they were destroyed.
>>
>>647212
Why don't they just move away instead of getting drunk and raping women non stop?
>>
>>647434
I'd feel a lot worse about the Indians if they didn't actively help the saviors of the continent at all levels throughout their history

These Indians have always been selfish and short sighted, they let petty differences and feuds get in the way for their entire history and when the chance came to align themselves with someone who was more powerful they took the opportunity with glee

They then set about burning the villages of their enemy, raping and enslaving whoever they could, doing things every bit as bad or worse than the white people

If you ever ask yourself why natives are where they are it's not because of the white man's ancestor, it's theirs, they are the ones who gave information on other tribes, helped track them, killing and enslaving their brothers, all for their own personal greed
>>
>>647434
Feel free to wallow in your pity party. It doesn't change anything, and holding past actions against current generations is just going to alienate yourself.

So again, what's the point? Do you think that hating white people is going to make reservations any less poor?
>>
>>647436
85% of the rapists in cases involving Native women are non-native and mostly White.
>>647437
So because Europeans actively fought against each other should Europeans therefore stay quite about mass migration to their continent?
>>647439
You can call it hate, I'm not really stating anything. If you notice all I mentioned was being involved in ceremony and I don't talk in detail about it with white people.

White people responded mostly in anger of some form, it's fine I guess I don't loss sleep. That being said we are all the result of work from previous generations, we are therefore accountable of acknowledging inequality and intrinsic bias and do our best to make things right.
>>
>>647473
>%85

It would be nice to see some source in that because it sounds like bullshit, Indians loved raping and taking sex slaves for a long, long time before Europeans got to the Americas, it's in their blood
>>
>>643843

Right dude, if you live in the north american continent, you have to worship the jewish diety or be a fedora tipper, there's no way you can worship the gods your Germanic ancestors did unless you live in the current nation-state that calls itself "Germany" but does not represent the interests of the Germanic people nor fully contain within it's borders the various Germanic people.

Remember, Germanic just means the current modern nation-state of Germany and not the majority of northern, northwestern and central Europe!

>>646732

>where I was being glared at for being native I have to say he's right.

Oh poor you, being treated poorly for being somewhere you have no right to be. I feel so sorry for you and your percap money that comes out of the wallets of people who actually work.

>>646754

Shows how little you know. Indian tribes wiped each other out all the time. Then when European man came along you actively sold yourself out on most occasions for petty things like guns and booze. There's no such thing as indian unity.
>>
>>647473
>we are therefore accountable of acknowledging inequality and intrinsic bias
That's starting to sound like some western ethos anon.

You don't have to call it hate if you don't want to, but what is the benefit of refusing to talk about your ceremonies with white people? Why would white people care about making things right if you refuse to share or help them understand your side?
>>
>>647395
>>647430
Yes, you are right it is wrong to hold people accountable for the actions of their ancestors. But here's the thing: White Americans never want to actually acknowledge any of this bad shit. They all want to be like "Well it wasn't me" as a cop out, so no one ever has to take accountability. If white people were genuinely sorry for the shit they did, and actively worked towards making it up to the people they did it to, then no one would be judging them for the shit their ancestors did. But instead they all just sit back saying "hey it's not our fault" when people are still suffering the shitty consequences of the past.

White people love to not be held accountable for shit their ancestors did, whilst simultaneously not fixing any of the shit their ancestors did.
>>
>>647437
You seem to forget that it was their land to begin with.

If a bunch of people from a foreign country all started landing on the east coast and moving inland, every gun owning american would be fighting tooth and nail to stop them.
>>
>>647619
Land can't belong to people, it's there before them and it's there when they are gone
>>
>>647619
But if not all of them fought the invaders, if a lot of them in fact helped the invaders to succeed by informing on their neighbors, by killing and taking their neighbors captive, I wouldn't listen to them complain about how bad the invaders were when they were there every step of the way, facilitating and enjoying what those foreigner do, even doing the worst of the actual grunt work

If they would then claim innocence and cry about their lot in life, the lot given to them by their ancestors actions, I would feel the same for them as I do for Indians
>>
>>647618
White people are the only ones seriously advancing society, they are more than paying back any small injustices that were done in the name of advancement

What have your people done to make up for their wrongs? What have your people done to improve the world outside of killing each other?
>>
>>647669
So you're saying that if a native american came and tried to take your house right now, and kill you and all of its inhabitants if you resisted, you'd be fine with that?
>>647678
>What have your people done to make up for their wrongs? What have your people done to improve the world outside of killing each other?
I am white.

You're looking at it too pragmatically. You can't just attempt to kill off an entire civilization, and then be like "well it was supposed to be for advancement, so we're not really sorry". Like these are actual people with actual feelings. The rest of the world isn't /pol/
>>
>>647700
They are sorry, they gave the most advanced medicine and casinos to make up for it, debt paid in full

>I'm white
Fuck off devil
>>
>>647678
>>>/pol/
And dont come back.
>>
>>647705
I see your race has never furthered society in any significant way
>>
>>647707
>I can't argue my point anymore, so I am just going to say that my race is better than everyone, as a dismissive tactic, even though it isn't as effective as my friends on /pol/ make it seem

Seriously, leave
>>
>>647707
Not that anon, but race has nothing to do work societal advancement. And I'm white male Midwestern middle class. Now,
>>>/pol/
Kindly fuck off.
>>
Nice thread ruined by people arguing over shit
>>
>>647779
>ruined by /pol/ trying to escape its containment board and harass someone who actually had something interesting to say
Fixed that for you
>>
>>643610
I don't worship anything really, I think there are things and forces of nature that we will never understand or quantify, but I feel like any real connection with nature or meaning has to be made by the self for the self. You can't waltz out into the woods and expect there to be something watching over you because you are just there, you need to make your own purpose there and earn the meaning that nature grants.
>>
There is nothing spiritual about survival.
>>
>>647902
>implying every trip innawoods is all about survival

I mean don't get me wrong, it's fun, but you are missing out on a pretty sublime experience
>>
Like the rest of my tribe, I respect nature above all and I do not damage it without purpose and if I must, I apologize and explain that it is necessary for me to pick a mushroom or whatever it is I am doing.

Our spirits are nature. If you protect nature, nature protects you.

I connect to nature very much.
>>
File: samflegal_odin.jpg (495KB, 717x956px) Image search: [Google]
samflegal_odin.jpg
495KB, 717x956px
>>647199
It's ok, you're probably just going to drink yourself to death just like all your forefathers before you.

Fucking piece of shit Skraelingr.
>>
>>647902
How is there not? You're going back to your roots, living like an animal, connected with nature etc.
>>
>>647779
I think it's an interesting conversation

Your convictions should be strong enough that they can withstand scrutiny, if you can't handle people questioning you then there is probably something wrong with your belief which is a reason to look at yourself objectively and grow as a person
>>
>>648861
I'm not the anon you think I am m8.

Was just saying the thread turned to shit because it went from people expressing their views to people arguing and filling up the thread with that argument.
>>
The outdoors is more of a spiritual thing for me. I'm agnostic an don't really care about the existance, or not existance of a god. But the outdoors soothes the mind, and makes you realize that you should be happy with what you have.

I guess for theists it is the same concept, that has a different colour of shirt. You come to terms with yourself via another route.
>>
>>646982
This obsession with being genuine, not just for faith, but with anything, is so fucking stupid. It's it's own special little no true Scotsman. Just who the fuck gets to decide if someone is being genuine.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I work on a deep water oyster lease in British Columbia, out from 6AM to 4PM in all the weather BC has to throw at me. I've seen the elemental fury of waterspouts, the gentle majesty of the mountains glowing in the predawn light, waves that tossed a 50 foot square barge around like a toy in a bathtub and rain that came down so thick it was like a solid mass of water. I have seen the power and the beauty of the elements and it invigorates something primal in me. I'm not religious, but the way I feel about the place I call home comes as close as I've ever come.
>>
>>649527

Oh man, you're so lucky to be in such a place. I'm attempting to get an internship at a sea lab because I love the ocean.
>>
I would like to think of myself as agnostic, but I guess I do believe in a god.
One book Chris never stole was the Bible. "I can’t claim a belief system," he said. He celebrated no holidays. He meditated now and then but did not pray.

With one exception. When the worst of a Maine winter struck, all rules were suspended. "Once you get below negative twenty, you purposely don’t think," he told me. His eyes went wide and fearful from the memory. "That’s when you do have religion. You do pray. You pray for warmth."
-From the north pond hermit

I prayed when I was deployed, I prayed when I was cold and wet and 200 miles from any other humans, I pray when I go to powerlifitng meets, debates, footraces, and any other sort of competition.
I just need to find out what I pray too.
Odds are, there is something out there. The world is too beautiful to be a coincidence.
>>
>>649671
>200 miles from any other humans
In the unlikely event you didn't make this up, where?
>>
>>649673
Border of alaska and yukon, a few miles north of the porcupine river
Looked it up on google maps, 200 was an exaggeration, closer to 100, sorry mate
>>
>>649679
Nice, what were you doing up there all by yourslef?
>>
>>646982
I'd say that western culture has it's own "religions" somewhere in it's philosophy. Stuff like Emerson , Thoreau and other Transcendentalists for example. There are plenty of other philosophies that deal with how we view the world and interact with it. Most don't include specific rituals like most religions though.
>>
File: EdgyPotatoBackground.jpg (71KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
EdgyPotatoBackground.jpg
71KB, 960x540px
I honestly try not to think about it too much. Was raised somewhat Catholic like all the kids in the neighborhood, but my mom kinda fell away from it herself after stuff went bad for her so many times. Been somewhat indifferent ever since.

Met a few pagans in highschool, seemed like they were confident in what they believed, which I can respect.

Sometimes when you're out there though, even just a few miles away from other people, I get that surreal notion that there's something more to it. That's the closest I get I guess.
>>
>>650050
Religion is not philosophy, not even close.
>>
File: 1390877772331.jpg (192KB, 1050x590px) Image search: [Google]
1390877772331.jpg
192KB, 1050x590px
I'm confused as fuck. My parents tried to raise me catholic, but well... who's fucking catholic anymore? Like many edgy teens, I ran around saying I was Wiccan for awhile, then Asatru, then Buddhist. Now I'm some weird blend of all of it, and I've effectively pissed everyone off.

My two main goals right now are to see a santa muerta shrine and to take a vacation to the amazon and drink Ayahuasca.
>>
>>643610
How quick threads derail when people discuss religion.

All religions exist to help explain the same physical phenomenon that humans have experienced throughout history. That's why all religions are basically the same: Do good and be rewarded, do bad and be punished; here's some examples, give us your money. Hell, most religions even have the same God and the only differences are petty and futile, yet people choose to hate others over these minor differences.

I'm sure no one will believe me, but I met God once, one thing he told me is that (and I'll summarize) God doesn't give a shit what religion you choose. He only cares about the type of person you are. You were put here to learn to love and appreciate. The parts of your soul that hates and fears gets stuck here, only the good gets to go home.
>>
>>643610
religion is for dindus. there is no need for a divine being to appreciate life the way it is
>>
>>644101
Australia is the only place I feel a spiritual connection, and I'm not aboriginal. My family's been here seven generations, my grandparents and great grandparents were raised in the bush, why would I feel a connection to 'the mother country'?
No where else in the world offers the same feeling, the forests of Europe are pretty and all, but I'll never view them as more than quaint.
>>
>>650218
I'm catholic, and there are a lot of catholics that are like me: we hold the identity because it just is what it is, but we are no longer practicing. Most catholics in my generation (young 20s) are only catholic by default because of their parents, and are generally very out of touch with their religion. That's what I've noticed at least.

There are only three big reasons I still hold onto the identity
1: My family has irish heritage
2: I went through all the steps, spent 14 years of ceremonies, may as well get to claim something for it
3: conservatives hate catholics because we aren't "real christians" like them, and I like pissing off conservatives
>>
>>643734
That shit hit hard bruh. God bless
>>
>>643734
My dad died in January, bro. Feel your feels. As to the religion part, if you're praying, pray for clarity. Read this and that religious text, decide what feels right, and go with it. If you're leaning Christian, find a Presbyterian or Lutheran congregation that has members in your age group. They tend to be the easygoing Christian types.
>>
I'm Christian. Some folks aren't. I happen to think we can see God in more than one way and I'm OK with it. That makes me different than a lot of more fundamentalist Christians. I'm OK with that, too.

>>648861
>Your convictions should be strong enough that they can withstand scrutiny, if you can't handle people questioning you then there is probably something wrong with your belief which is a reason to look at yourself objectively and grow as a person
True

>>648865
>the thread turned to shit because it went from people expressing their views to people arguing
Also true.
>>
File: odin.jpg (34KB, 522x249px) Image search: [Google]
odin.jpg
34KB, 522x249px
>>644828
Check out "We are Our Deeds".
"Culture of the Teutons".
"The Poetic and Prose Edda"
>>
File: 138496190923.jpg (59KB, 646x340px) Image search: [Google]
138496190923.jpg
59KB, 646x340px
>be Lithuanian
>last european nation to be forcefully christianised
>culture is syncretic, while aryan ethnic faith is still at the core, like for Latvians, Estonians and Finns too, and christianity is so shallow it's almost non existent
>be on internet
>see american perversions of european ethnic faith
>word "paganism" now means homosexual leftist hipsterism
>whereas real european paganism is a proto-nationalist doctrine
>some dirty nonwhites saying I cannot have my own faith because of some american wicca faggots
>mfw
>>
I grew up christian, my dad still preaches to this day. The last year or so, start thinking more and more about my relationship with God.

Last summer, I worked at a YMCA camp in the Cherokee National Forest (One of the most beautiful places in the world imo). It wasnt like a bible camp, more-faith based. Got the chance to lead devotions and teach kids about God, ended up learning more about myself. These young men, between ages 7-16, a few of them told me that Camp was the closest they had ever felt to God, and that meant so much to me.

I started college in the fall, and havent been to church since. I still read my bible, still say my prayers, but idk. There's no trails or anything where my school is either, and I think that might have something to do with it. Nature is nust holy for me I guess. Living in God's creation is beautiful.
>>
>>651017
I wish I was like you. It's been taking a lot of effort for me to feel like a proper Australia, even if I am convict stock. The bush just seems to rough and unwelcoming compared to the lush green forests in Europe. The other half of my family is Swiss though, and the longing for the mountains that they feel was the defining example of homesickness, so maybe that comes into play.
>>
>>643610
Was raised under some basic indigenous beliefs when I was young. I don't necessarily believe them as an absolute truth or path but some small rituals and tendencies are very comforting and help me clear my mind. When being /out/ I always keep my small bag of sage to smudge the area I end up sleeping in.

(Smudge) as in burning a small bit and sort of wafting the scent/smoke around my camps borders. Especially areas that I know most other people that have been there have rested and lived during their visit.

I don't always do this, but I also keep a small bit of tobacco with me to give some form of offering if I take anything. Firewood, a feather or two, anything like that.

Like I said, it's not a huge thing for me and I certainly don't adhere to it as a religion but it's comforting and helps me feel at home afterwards.
>>
>>654420
Das racist
>>
File: tim.jpg (131KB, 500x648px) Image search: [Google]
tim.jpg
131KB, 500x648px
I've been practicing Yoga and Meditation for 12 years and I have an interest in Buddhism and recently, Sufism. I don't class myself as a Yogi, Hindu, Buddhist or a Sufi but there is no denying the deep effect the related practices can have on a person. Yoga brought me more in tune with my physical self, and then in turn meditation began to show to me my conceptual self and beyond that, the "I am" that observes everything which exists beyond thought and ego. Meditation though is seldom as powerful as when I do it in the woods or on a mountain or in some other natural spot away from where everything we see and interact with is created by the hands of man. I tap into something that defies explanation. It appears divine, all encompassing, loving, transformative. It has to be experienced to be known. I can't tell you what it is because I don't know. I don't know if I can fully know it as a human. I feel compelled to seek it out however.

I revere nature as an aspect of the sacred source of all things. When I place my hands on a tree for instance, in my mind I feel I am connecting with source, not simply a tree as a mundane, physical object.

As my practice has developed I began to feel a very deep and profound sense of connection to...well, everything and that rarely leaves me these days. This sense of connection made me a kinder person. A more patient person. It even led me to Veganism as a practice of active compassion towards nature.

Something that also grew inside me naturally was a deep sense of gratitude and this is something I practice daily. At the end of every day I say what I guess is a prayer to the universe. "Thank you for all I have received". I think it appreciates that. I will occasionally leave small devotive offerings in natural places too.

I realize I may sound like a pretentious fart-sniffer but my experience is what it is. For whatever reason, there's a mystical state of mind that humans can access.
>>
If native-anon wanders by again, I've got a question: What do native americans think about the religion/philosophy that John Muir wrote about? I'm just curious.
>>
>>650205
I understand they have differences, but some of it really isn't as far apart as you make it seem.
>>
>>655923
I'm yet to see a religious man who also is a philosopher. Tbh Jesus was very close being a philosopher too and he had some great ideas, too bad the J's murdered him.

Not the same anon you replied, but I have to say Christianity, Judaism and Islam have nothing to do with philosophy. They all say "do as you're told, do as the holy book says" and stop thinking. None of the three encourages thinking.

The difference of you being an independent being making your own decisions vs. you being a submitting slave for the God/Allah/Jahve is quite absolute.

There are other religions, more related to philosophy, like Buddhaism, but I don't know enough to say I have an opinion.
>>
File: 1447735301176.jpg (728KB, 1113x1503px) Image search: [Google]
1447735301176.jpg
728KB, 1113x1503px
It's not a bad way to pass the time.
>>
I think I accidentally achieved enlightenment but it sort of comes and goes.
I just figure if things live in our minds they exist a little bit and try to not be overly disrespectful to other things without falling into too much ritual. Probably a good way to find eternal punishment but I've come to accept that. Rituals do seem kind of fun though.
>>
>>647543
We've shared everything only to have it taken away, there are white people who are plastic shamans that have appropriated our ceremonies and killed people as a result.
>>647475
Look it up yourself it's in the Justice department statistics and there are hundreds of articles discussing this issue. Google is your friend.
>>
>>655984
There was an article on Patheos from a Jungian Pagan related to that. The essential gist was this - regardless of whether you perceive your encounters with divine forces to be a product of actual beings or a product of your mind, the end result in terms of the impact on you is the same. To borrow from Harry Potter, "Of course it's in your head. That doesn't mean it's not real."

Ritual can be nothing more than an external act to cue our subconscious/higher mind into something we want to happen. Going on the reference to "eternal punishment" I assume you're either Christian or still have strong Christian influences in your psyche. Much of a Christian church service is simply ritual. Your morning routine is ritual. It's nothing more than a vehicle to tune your brain into the fact that you are carrying out actions with a certain intention.
>>
>>656087
>plastic shamans
Uh, unless you're one of the Sami people, you're appropriating the word "shaman," so you may want to reign in the high horse a little. You're using a term that, although now generically applied for a host of esoteric skills, has Russo-Germaninc origins. So in using that label you're drawing from an indigenous culture outside of your own.

Not that there aren't a host of white folks that are throwing around dream catchers, medicine shields, and all sorts of Native American trappings - which is unfortunate. But the practices that get lumped under the term of "shamanism" aren't uniquely Native American. Nordic seidr, for example, is a set of practices that include trancework, journeying, and other work in altered states of consciousness but framed by a Norse cultural context. Other cultures, including European ones, have similar practices. Shamanism today simply refers to a set of practices. Many of the differences are simply in how they are culturally expressed. Unfortunately for white folks, many of their own native practices were preserved by practitioners of witchcraft - which is unfortunately now a broken lineage that must be reconstructed based on living traditions. So they are turned away from their their own traditions to appropriating those of the Native Americans because of silly stigmas.

If these white folks are indeed appropriating Native American cultural symbols in their pursuit of shamanic practice then that's definitely inappropriate. But the practices themselves are not necessarily distinctly Native American. Even something like a sauna has roots in practices similar to a sweat lodge. Even something like smudging, which I have seen folks get testy about, is not strictly Native American. In Europe, though, they used juniper, mugwort, and such instead of sage.

Not to suggest your indignation is wholly unfounded. Just that you're demonstrating a narrow view of shamanic practice.
>>
>>644828
There's a book by the Higgenbotham's that is a good general introduction to Paganism. "Drawing Down the Moon" is probably the most comprehensive, but exceedingly dry.

Keep in mind that there are more flavors of Paganism than just Wicca - which is the common association these day. Other areas to look at for Proto Indo-European flavors of Paganism are the Order of Bards, Ovates, and Druids (OBOD); Ar nDraoicht Fein (ADF); and the Reformed Druids of Gaia (RDG - formerly Reformed Druids of North America).

ADF probably has the broadest base, allowing for Irish Celtic, Gallic, Norse, Anglo Saxon, Hellenic, Roman, Baltic, and Proto Indo-European hearth cultures. It's also nice if you are drawn to the Norse pantheon but find your local Asatru/Heathen groups to be somewhat insufferable. Not that they all are, but some do go overboard with elements of sexism and racism. Just depends on the group.
>>
>>656102
So there is a specific reason why I used the term plastic shaman and secondly you ranted so much about something that you clearly aren't getting.
>>
>>647199
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pb7BIaaxGAU
>>
>>656127
Hmm, I wasn't aware that a civil post was a "rant."

I guess it could be considered such when you're directing it at someone with a chip on their shoulder about issues they seem vaguely passionate about but with a passion based on a cursory and shallow understanding the situation viewed through a very narrow-sighted personal lens. It's a shame that you are unaware of, or simply unwilling to acknowledge, the pretty big blinders you are limiting yourself by. I was trying to be gracious about your apparent deep feelings while pointing out how you're missing a much bigger picture globally, culturally, and historically. But apparently you just want to enjoy your personal butthurt party without any real contribution to addressing matters of cultural appropriation. Oh well, best of luck with all of that.
>>
>>656139
You wall of text and don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>643642
lol, great special snowflake start to the thread

I love being out in nature and often find myself saying, "thank you God" when I'm experiencing peace and happiness out here
>>
>>656160
Keep telling yourself that, sweetie.
>>
>>656184
>sweetie

Go back to tumblr
>>
>>656097
Well, I was raised a Christian in all but practice. That said, the few other afterlives I'm the least bit familiar with, Norse and Greek, don't sound like a walk in the park.

On the chance there is a spiteful higher power, I'm not sure they'd appreciate improper worship, but maybe they won't mind. Or maybe we just become one with the universe physically (IE decay) and that's a wrap. It's sort of hard to say if there's really a difference between not existing and existing as a tiny part of a higher power. For all we know the universe itself is just a manifestation of it and returning to dirt is really returning to "god," for lack of a more generic term.
>>
>>656316
The way I look at it, if some higher power IS a spiteful douche - they're not worth my time and can fuck off. I don't personally see whatever may be both within us and about us as spiteful. Whether it is a product of us or we are a product of it, I think it embodies the good qualities. The concept of "evil" is, in many ways, a human construct. When an earthquake happens and people are killed - it's not because the earthquake is evil. It's simply that the balance between creation and destruction in the universe has unfortunate effects if you happen to get caught in the crossfire.

In terms of an afterlife, all interpretations are mere guesses and it's highly unlikely any of them are accurate. If something of us goes on and retains some form of consciousness it's probably pretty decent. If nothing does then it really doesn't matter. I think many people's fear of nothing after death is based on the misconception that there will be something of them going, "Holy fuck! There's NOTHING around here!!!!" It doesn't quite register with them that no consciousness means nothing to perceive nothingness.

At any rate, don't lose sleep over whether or not some being approves of your outlook or not. Either they do because they understand humans are limited in their capacity to conceptualize things but are doing their best or they don't. And if they don't approve of us because we don't have it all figured out then they should have done a better job of making things clear and can just bugger off.
>>
>>643881
Underappreciated post
I've been waiting for that to happen to me. I feel like it's coming but I just don't know when
>>
>>643610
Is camping in the forest for days and taking shrooms a religion tier experience ?
>>
>>643751
>I'm half Norwegian anyway.
Why do you Amerifags do this? Are you so embarrased by your own country that you have to put fake labels on yourself to have an identity?
>>
>>656736
Some of us have foreign parents. Others have families that have only been here for a couple generations.
American culture strongly draws on other cultures because many Americans are still close to members of those cultures.
Not that unreasoned hate was ever swayed by truth.
>>
>>656207
literally fuck off,whiny indian.
>my views are valid because they're my views
>you cant question me you're white
>you're white and all white people are evil
>im indian and i have fairy magic and indians are noble
>muh special heritage and spiritualism
>welfare beer is nice
>>
>>643610

Native blood
Traditions within my family is that when we hit 18, we go deep in the mountains all alone and find a seedlets that my ancestors bury, we arent allowed to go home if we do not complete this ritual of find a seed, after that we then make the seedlet we found as necklace that we will carry for our lives till death. In english tongue we are called the Can be Sen people.
>>
>>644042
> We broke the previously established rules of this planet and its biology
Yes little anon, the rules WE established
fuck sake, kids these days
>>
File: 2LdjA.png (390KB, 380x440px) Image search: [Google]
2LdjA.png
390KB, 380x440px
>>644036
>Not according to Biomass
>Not according to lifespan
>Not according to biological resilience to change
>Not according to reproductive rates
>Not according to neurological efficiency in relation to the manifestation of will to seemingly immediate response in a limb
>Not according to regenerative properties that allows some animals to actually regrow organs or entire limbs
There are more but its not worth typing them out
>>
File: 1445007172229.png (108KB, 1200x1330px) Image search: [Google]
1445007172229.png
108KB, 1200x1330px
>>647702
>>
>>643780
>I think a 'spiritual' component to life is more or less essential to happiness
nope
>unless you're able to completely ignore the shit aspects of existence
nope

>It's a bit difficult.
you know what fills me with awe is as far as we can tell chaos rules the universe if you think about all the random shit that has to play together for so long for every little thing you experience it should fill you with a sense of awe and humility.
that's about all the religious nonsense anyone's mind should handle.
>>
>>658574
We are the only lifeform with the demonstrated capability and occasional desire to reset millions of years of evolution on a whim.

The amount of life we could take down with us is reminiscent of mass extinctions.
>>
>>647473
>85% of the rapists in cases involving Native women are non-native and mostly White.
bullshit they don't even look doable compared to white women.
>>
>>658811
cats dude common cats reset millions if not billions of years of evolution anywhere they go.
they prey upon more than 200000 species (occasionally humans included) compared to you who eats chicken, duck, geese, pig, cow, and maybe some fish.

if there is a species on the top of the food-chain on this planet then it's cats.
>>
>>658817
we could win a war against cats if we really wanted to.
>>
>>658823
naah i really don't think so, they enslaved a large part of the human race. quiet frankly i would shoot any fucker i see messing with a cat. i know their acting cute is just manipulation and they would torture you to death or eat you alive if they were bigger but still.
>>
File: tank-kitty.jpg (378KB, 1300x885px) Image search: [Google]
tank-kitty.jpg
378KB, 1300x885px
>>658826
forgot pic this cat commands an armored infantry fighting vehicle
>>
>>658826
>enslaved a large part of the human race
>shoot anyone messing with a cat
>know theyre acting

sounds like youre the one enslaved
>>
>>657299
Someone's triggered, just because your people got culturally raped by Christians doesn't mean you should take it out on me.

Why don't you roleplay Asatru, it's not a real religion but it might make you feel better :)
>>
>>658810
If chaos ruled the universe, random shit would not play together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YT4rRZcB5ik
>>
>>658983
that's the beauty of chaos it does make random shit that your mind finds patterns in like the night sky.

it has been proven that if you generate an image with a random generator (pseudo or hardware) the human mind will find pictures of things in it.

that doesn't men shit is not random.
>>
>>659288
The universe if anything is deterministic. Any "chaos" is the mathematical, strictly determined sort.
>>
>>654420
>Lithuania
>Not worshiping a low minimum wage and potatoes
>>
My parents were very moderate Christians and hopped from church to church to try and find a pastor that said something that they like. They never settled on a single church so I never really grew up religious.

From reading the Bible, the teachings of Buddha, and the Vedic scriptures, I've come to the conclusion that the vast majority of Christianity has failed to follow the teachings of Jesus. I also believe there are a lot of parallels between the core sources of most all religions and theocracy and dogmatism has poisoned the source teachings.

There are some current scientific theories about the decay of information, and that our consciousness may actually linger for a while after we die, and that as our consciousness dissipates we are left with a lingering core set of memories, desires and regrets. This ties into my own personal belief that heaven and hell are states of mind.

So whenever I go /out/ I try to practice to love everything, to love nature and the animals and the people I come across; and if there is a God, he is supposed to be everything anyway so I'm still following the teachings of Jesus and Buddha and other spiritual sages. Usually during my hikes I will take up to one or two hours dedicated to meditation and prayer, or merely just sitting quietly and observing nature. In my experience rituals and trinkets are materialistic and distract from the vital source of spirituality.
>>
>>643895
>>651847
>>651872
Thanks mates sorry for really late reply.

Meant I started praying btw not my dad, dad still didn't believe in anything even as he was dying.

But I've prayed every single night since then, and for whatever reason it is somewhat comforting. I don't pray to the Christian God or whatever really, more to anything, maybe ayy lmaos.
>>
>>660804
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcnNTB-QXDs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-jodOB6vVQ
Thread posts: 218
Thread images: 34

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.