[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Survival/Bugout bags

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 48

File: bugout_suggestions.jpg (2MB, 2524x1728px) Image search: [Google]
bugout_suggestions.jpg
2MB, 2524x1728px
I'm looking for suggestions, advice, and general discussion about 72hr+ survival bags. I've started assembling mine, and would like tips from anyone who's got experience with it.

Ideally I would be assembling a bag that allows for an extended stay, assuming I can get fishing, snaring, or small game shooting to provide some meals.

Additionally, what do you think about packing a tent + sleeping bag onto an emergency survival bag? In theory I would keep them separate, but strap them onto my bag if I felt the circumstances called for them.

I've watched a lot of videos on the subject, but many of them seem to be missing the point of a lightweight bag for hoofing it into the mountains.

I intend to assemble it, and take it out for a 4 day stay in the mountains, and see how well it serves me. I live in the Pacific Northwest, so I'd be in the Cascade range. Probably on the cooler/wetter side towards Western Washington.

Thanks.
>>
>>642341
>what do you think about packing a tent + sleeping bag onto an emergency survival bag?
a tent could be replaced by tarp to save space but a sleeping bag is well worth the extra space it takes (along with a sleeping mat for insulation)
you could save space with compression sack tho
>>
>>642350
>Compression sack

I'll look it up. I haven't used one before. I've always gone camping with some huge bag that seems to hold everything for 5 days+.

I've got a few of those sleeping mats. I actually forgot about them somehow... I'll go put those with my supplies now.
>>
>>642341
don't pack food in a "survival bag" your not going to die from starvation in 72 hours.
>>
>>642379
Fair point. 72hrs without food won't kill anyone. Still, I'd like to have some sort of food in case of a real emergency. But the first thing to go out of my bag would be the food for sure.

Which reminds me, I didn't list water. I'll be adding 3L of water to this as well.
>>
>>642341
The SOL escape bivvy and thermolite extreme liner make a pretty nice combo with a very small size and weight. I've slept comfy down to about 40F in just those. You could probably do 30F and maybe 20F if you have good thermals.

Keep in mind, a BOB only has one purpose. That's to get you somewhere safe. You want to only cover the basics, and save the extra weight so you can travel faster. You need a decent sleep setup, a water filter and about two litres carry capacity per person, quick foods like peanut butter and stickers bars that don't require stopping to cook, and depending on your climate a tent and sterno for extra shelter and warmth may be applicable. Everything you need for extended stays should already be cached wherever you're headed.
>>
>>642379
Of course you won't die from stavation.

Google "hitting the wall".

Amature...
>>
>>642341
>jeans
Cotton kills, anon. Also, as previously mentioned, pack less food and more cookware. If you get overly hungry you can fish/trap/shoot something and cook it. Cast iron is nice to cook on, but it is heavy. Stainless is a better option for a go bag. That said, keeping warm and dry is your first priority; especially in cold weather.
>>
You can die from exposure in three hours.

You can die from dehydration in three days.

Your priorities may vary.
>>
>>642397

Noted.

I only packed jeans because that's what I have currently. I'll look up some non-cotton pants and see what I can afford. If you have any suggestions, I'd love to see them.

>>642391
I'm going to add a camel pack that should hold 2L of water, and throw in some bottles to be sure I have enough.

I've got a mountaineering tent (inherited from a climber), that would probably become my default tent for a survival situation.

>>642401
I'll try to find more things to help me stay warm and dry. If it was the dead of winter, I might just Bug-in.
>>
File: IMG_20151205_143222908.jpg (2MB, 2340x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151205_143222908.jpg
2MB, 2340x4160px
>>642397
>cotton kills

Yeah whatever you say...
>>
Warm clothes (wearing), water (water filter for extended stay), wipes, tent+sleeping bag+iso mat, food, necessary tools (knife etc), (gun)
Perfectly able to carry all that in a bag
>>
>>642407
Please Read:
http://indefinitelywild.gizmodo.com/why-cotton-kills-a-technical-explanation-1688286083
>>
>>642403
>non-cotton ... suggestions
Fleece. Wool (preferably merino, because it's not itchy). Synthetics.
I don't know your budget, but if you can Google it's worth a Google.
>>
>>642403
Water is too heavy to carry a gallon for every day you'll be traveling. A filter is absolutely necessary. I like the Sawyer mini. Wal-Mart sells cheap bladders you can use as a dirty bag, cut off all but about two inches of the hose, attach the filter, and then you can just fill your dirty bag and connect the filter to your clean bag hose as a drip filter. I can take a pic if that doesn't make sense.

Cotton is pretty bad in cold weather. That said, I typically wear jeans in all but the dead of winter, as long as I have my thermals for sleeping in.

Bugging in isn't always an option. It only takes about a day for people to start panicking in a crisis, and if that's not contained quickly, looting is inevitable. Remember, the disaster won't kill as many as the survivors will.

Finally, make sure you have a bug-out plan. You can't just wander into the woods and expect to be okay. I'm not even sure if I could, without at least a creek to follow. Find a place, no more than three to four days' walk from home (for your slowest hiker), bury a cache of extra food and supplies, and if that doesn't feel far enough away, have another cache, another three or four days hike further out. And make sure you have food caches for the return trip, too.
>>
>>642415
Fleece pajamas make a decent substitute for thermals.
>>
>>642407
That gorka it's cool as fuck but in a shtf situation you will look like a walking target.
>>
>>642425
> so fucking bulky
>>
>>642430
Yup. But warm and synthetic and cheaper than real thermals. Not everyone who goes out has tons of money.
>>
>>642429
Agreed. Any camo wearables pretty much screams "I'm carrying ammo and milsurp gear! Snipe me first!"

I totally still use a camo camp gear, though. I like being invisible at the site.
>>
File: IMG_20151130_234146433.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151130_234146433.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
>>642429
I will be deep in the woods, far as fuck away from anyone.
>>642436
I live in an extremely rural area. In a SHTF situation it would be extremely rare to come across anyone.
>>
>>642423
I appreciate this advice. Thanks. I have tried to figure out a good bugout location so I can go camp there and create a stash. Unfortunately, I'm far too close to the city to be able to get there on foot. I can't rely on getting out by automobile either, so I better figure out a better temporary camp outside of the city, but far from my destination.

I love living in Washington, since we get a ridiculous amount of fresh runoff from the Cascades. Sadly, you have to GET THERE to enjoy any of the land out there.

I'm sort of relying on my intuition to figure out when to make an escape right now. Obviously this is a gamble, but I have no better choice.

I sort of visualize myself walking out of the suburban area I'm in, and hoofing it to a rural area. I'll go for a drive with my wife and see what we can find within walking distance. Ideally we'll be moved out of the city before anything occurs that might require a survival bag!
>>
>>642413
It's treated cotton, rated for wet, windy conditions. If VDV, and a majority of RUS forces can survive with cotton gorka I think I will be finem
>>
>>642446
Being rural wouldn't apply to most people. You should qualify that before recommending gear that could get other people killed when trying to leave the city.

I think everyone's plan is to get deep in the woods.
>>
>>642449
Always happy to help! I think it's important for people to know these things.

Eastern or western washington?
>>
>>642457
Right... cascades. Nevermind, lol. I was going to say I could show you a handful and good places, and we could compare gearsets, but I'm from the other side.
>>
>>642394
lol i don't even know why I bother helping people. If you actually get to the point where food is a problem you are either incredibly lucky or skilled. but sure die from exposure or dehydration but hey as long as you have food in your pack...
>>
>>642457
I'm western washington. But I am planning on heading towards the cascades to live. It's where I've camped for the last 5 years, and it's an environment that just calls to me.
>>
>>642456
>living in the city
>wearing digital flora.

What.
>>
File: IMG_20151015_1.png (2MB, 675x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151015_1.png
2MB, 675x1200px
>>642341
Research and practice bushcraft. Knowledge won't weigh your pack down and gives you a good base layer incase you're caught without your gear.

My EDC is my fire kit, mora 2, opinel, spare mag, handgun, surefire, 550 bracelet, and a metal canteen. To make things easy all I need would be a tarp and I'm good to go. So I take my daily gear and just add things that makes my days innawoods easier.

Primarily my main bag is a Eberlestock just so I can carry a long gun, but I spend a lot of nights and days out with a small maxpedition condor 2 or a even smaller messenger bag to keep my weight down. I like to stay around 20 ish pounds minus rifle and water when I'm rolling "heavy" and I'm around 10 pounds or less when I'm "light".
>>
>>642474
I was actually the one that said not to wear camo. If I have to bug out, I'm throwing on a jacket and leaving, no need to go home or carry suit the first night. Days 2-5 gear is already cashed at the place I plan on spending the first night. You never know if you'll get a chance to stop at home and grab your BOB first, after all.
>>
>>642479
You carry a metal canteen on you all day, every day? You're either lying, or insane.

Stopped reading right there.
>>
>>642479
That picture, while having fewer items, just screams 'better' than mine, lol.

Yeah, I started watching some bushcraft videos and I'm looking forward to trying some of the tips/tricks I read about. The only way to be good enough is to practice it and turn it into a hobby.
>>
>>642481
An OD BDU is the best bet honestly. It's extremely good in any weather, and doesn't scream ARMY bullshut
>>
File: IMG_20150518_2.jpg (806KB, 995x652px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150518_2.jpg
806KB, 995x652px
>>642482
I fill it up everyday and keep it with me in my jeep. I don't have to go into gas stations and buy anything to drink so it saves me money, and it's useful since I live way in the middle of nowhere and I do spend a considerable amount of time in the back country.

>>642483
Just read and watch all that you can. Then go in your back yard and practice. It took me years to get to the point where I can just go out with my EDC and some food (daniel boon ham) or go during hunting season and be able to spend the night. Invest in gatherings also if you don't mind hippies. A lot of earth skill classes will help in daily living all the way up to long term self sufficiency.

I started with a huge north face bag and since I stared bushcrafting a few years ago, I seen my bags get smaller and smaller and my knowledge grew.
>>
>>642484
Still not something I'd want to put on until vacating the city. As an army guy myself, I kinda like the BDUs in most weather.

>>642486
I may have been wrong. You sound a lot more like you know what you're talking about in this post, especially if you're saying it's an item you keep in your car, and not actually carrying.
>>
>>642487
No harm, no foul, friend. It kinda helps because I make myself drink from it all day and refill it twice. So that's 2 liters of water I'm getting daily. Most people are dehydrated but are not aware of it. When your body tells you "get a drink" you're already fairly low. So it's just good practice to keep you water level topped off just like how you'd keep your gas in your vehicle topped off.

I got a stanley canteen from walmart and nodded it. Cut the blue straps off it and attached carabiners to the straps and laced 550 around it. That way I can remove the straps and sit my canteen in by the fire to boil with, but also have a way to carry it if I'm going ultralight and building my shelter for the night or just scouting.
>>
>>642486
Nice shelter, man. I made a smaller, less layered shelter on my last camping trip. It was more of a lean-to than that, but I surrounded it with brush and built a fire just outside of it. It was quite pleasant for a cool evening. I ultimately retired to my tent though.

I've tried making simple hunting/fishing tools while I was out. It was not successful. Still, I could feel the potential, but I just couldn't feel trust in my abilities. I suppose the only way to get that is to practice until you're successful at it.
>>
File: IMG_20150405_7.png (2MB, 675x1200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150405_7.png
2MB, 675x1200px
>>642489
It's good to see some fellow bushcrafters here! For hunting I like to make atlatl if I find any turkey feathers for fetching, or make a oversize gig for frogs and fish. What I've seen to have to most luck is setting up rocks in a stream and funneling fish into it.

Also recommend going to the fishing section of any store and buying steel leads. They are basically snare wire. Also junk tires. If worst comes to worse and you burn the tire, youll have tons of metal wires once the rubber burns for traps.
>>
>>642493
I hear picture wire is the best for snares, but I've never compared in real-world conditions. Anybody know?
>>
File: dog shelter.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
dog shelter.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
>>642493
Oh I'm like the worse bushcrafter ever, so don't get too excited. Anyway, here's my first shelter. I made it as a wind-break in front of my fire. I also created a pretty decent wall of collected logs to reflect the fire back my way, but I don't have a picture of that handy.

I keep trying new stuff that I read about. And I love to learn as much as I can. This coming spring, I'm going back out and trying to make it 3 days on one pack and the materials at hand.
>>
File: IMG_20141105_1.png (3MB, 1200x896px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20141105_1.png
3MB, 1200x896px
>>642495
That's not bad at all! Multi day camps are a real test and can be either fun or scary. I always feel like I reset my internal clock going a few days off the grid living on wild edibles and squirrels and such.
>>
>>642466
fuck off virgin nobody even likes you
>>
>>642446
> Ameerican rifle
> Chinese patch

Sad panda.
>>
>>642466
> confirmed too lazy to google "hitting the wall"

Sad.
>>
>>642479
> suspicious lack of toilet paper

Never trust a man without an anus!
>>
Surprisingly good thread so far, keep it going, guys.
>>
>>642450
>treated cotton gorka
As opposed to the untreated cotton jeans I originally spoke out against. Way to logical fallacy, mister Internet Warrior.
Yes, treated cotton is okay as long as the treatment is intact. Is it better than wool? Well, it's lighter if you fall in a creek, but wool will still keep you warm when wet. Synthetics dry so fast they might as well have not gotten wet to begin with (exaggeration on the last, but you get the point).
>>
>>642494
A few other options to consider-
Bike brake cable.
Accelerator cable from a rear-engine Volkswagen.
Stainless steel MIG wire. You can get it in 1 pound spools at welding supply shops.
>>
>>642591
Whoa whoa whoa
Sorry bub, you referred to cotton in general, using jeans as an example. Sorry if I misinterpreted you. I agree though jeans and untreated cotton is just a bad bad idea.
>>
>>642394
i've always wondered what that was called.
Thanks for the info!
>>
File: IMG_20151207_6.png (2MB, 899x899px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151207_6.png
2MB, 899x899px
As for the cotton talk, I normally use ripstop pants. But I do go out in normal blue jeans from time to time just to replicate being in normal clothes with my normal daily gear and seeing how it interacts with my environment.

Definitely a big fan of wool. I have a wool blanket that my gf turned into a jacket that has become a staple in my cold weather kit.
>>
>>642341
Why do you need two guns? I know you yanks get bears but surely one gun is enough?
>>
File: ice fishing rig.jpg (19KB, 1149x329px) Image search: [Google]
ice fishing rig.jpg
19KB, 1149x329px
Has anybody considered packing an ice fishing rod and reel in their bug-out bag?

At ’round about 24”-28” long, the rod (a stiff action, to get longer casts) would be short enough to fit inside even a small pack and a reel spooled up with some #8 line and a Altoids / Sucrets tin with a selection of hooks, lures, flies, snap swivels and crimp on sinkers, would allow for light weight, compact, reliable and almost silent food gathering in a SHTF situation.
>>
>>642681
None of those would do shit against bears. The .22 it's for small game, the glock must be his edc.
>>
>>642731
>None of those would do shit against bears

How come? Because bears are pure muscle or what? If you shot a bear in the head even with a .22 would it do some damage?
>>
>>642733
It takes up to 7 shots from a .22 to kill a house cat.it's really just a glorified bb gun
>>
>>642776
>to kill a house cat

m8 I hope you're not saying that from experience
>>
>>642776
cats have 9 life he might have lost 2 beforehand
>>642777
also this, i would kill any faggot i catch hurting a cat
>>
File: innawoods loadout.jpg (190KB, 680x650px) Image search: [Google]
innawoods loadout.jpg
190KB, 680x650px
Building my bag right now, heres what i have so far starting with my EDC.

EDC:Boots with insoles, $20, paracord laces, dog tag. EMT BDUs, thermal top, tshirt, hoodie. Leather belt, Leatherman surge and raptor. Key chain with leatherman squirt, lighter, thumbdrive, Subaru outback key. Latex gloves, bandanna, bic in a lighterbro case. Leather wallet with folding knife, credit card multi tool, paperclips, condom.
>>
File: groundfridge-sand-640x427-c.jpg (96KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
groundfridge-sand-640x427-c.jpg
96KB, 640x427px
>>642821

Outside pack:
L side pocket: Henry Survival Rifle with 3 8rnd mags
R side pocket: Nalgent 32oz Water bottle

L back pocket: Lifestraw, iodine, ss bottles, ziplocks/drybags, 55 gallon trash bags, Hygene supplies. Toothbrush/paste, soap, Hunting knife

R back pocket:Cooking: hex stove, wax hobostove, minamalist cookset, Salt, plate and utensil, dish soap and sponge, heavy tinfoil, char cloth in tin, microfiber towels

Top pocket:Headlamp, Flashlight, Daypack, Compass, Gloves and hat
>>
File: groundfridge-640x427-c.jpg (80KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
groundfridge-640x427-c.jpg
80KB, 640x427px
>>642822

Inside top:
Gun bag: (400 .22hv, 3 spare mags, cleaning kit)
Food Bag: (Compressed nutrition, Rice, peanut butter) Fishing kit, sewing kit, Duct tape, superglue, wd40, Solar light kit, connector and charger cables, phone with ebook library, Etool blade/saw/axe, 100ft of clothesline

Inside bottom:
Two sets of clothes, BDUs(camo,) tshirt, socks and skivys, Ziplocked, Sleeping Bag

Strapped to the outside: Camelback, machete, Tent(full or fly, groundtarp and poles, aluminum stakes)

Strapped to me: ECD, Headlamp, fishing vest?, flashlight with belt clip
notebook and pencil, phone and address list
>>
File: 1449072172462.jpg (42KB, 295x295px) Image search: [Google]
1449072172462.jpg
42KB, 295x295px
>>642466
you're not grasping the idea of intense movement for extended periods

think HISS training, if that's a thing - high intensity steady state

eventually you need to replenish, which is all eating is naturally for, nourishment; you don't pack food to enjoy
>>
File: IMAG0046.jpg (1MB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0046.jpg
1MB, 1520x2688px
Sling shot is effective at keeping you fed for how much space it takes up, also a great time waster...

If it's just you I would greatly recommend swapping out your tent for a hammock as its waaaaay better for solo camping. Just make sure you bring an extra tarp for rain coverage.

Anti biotics, caffeine pills and medical tape are worth their weight in gold.

Include a tiny glass jar of peanut butter and honey for supplementing with other food to create full meals.

2 half flares are really handy to have as well.

Cheers eh?
>>
>>642403
get a water filter to complement the bottles/camelbak
sawyer mini is pretty highly regarded and packs small
>>
>>642826
He said survival. When I think survival I am thinking either getting back to civilization or getting to help or living off the land. I am not thinking let me grab the SKS and go fight WW3 innawoods. Tools are what give you sustainability to live in a wilderness situation, NOT consumables such as food stuffs.
>>
>>642842
You idiot, the further from civilization, the more possible caloric intake you would need to sustain maximum output versus getting tired as fuck

you're a troll or retarded as fuck, either way suck a bag of dicks
>>
File: fight me, fags.jpg (145KB, 680x650px) Image search: [Google]
fight me, fags.jpg
145KB, 680x650px
>>642821
>>
>>642777
If I see your vermin riddin plague carrying fuzz fuck I'll gut shoot it just so it can crawl back to your house, dragging it's intestines through the weeds and catshit, just so it can die on your porch!

Fuck ypu and your filthy piece of shit cat!
>>
>>642341
I would reccomend either upgrading to a larger "forest ax" if you live in a snowy region, or cutting down the saw chain and hatchet to a folding saw. Get yourself some type of permanent water purification system. SS container maybe? The takedown is wonderful for food procurement, though larger animals may give you trouble. Add some pepper spray for this. The tent is nice but throw in a small lightweight hammock for those nights where you can't have a nice ground to lay in. Or you want to stay hidden and choose to sleep over a marshy area, or in a tree. Add some salt to your food supplies. Consider a first aid kit. Maybe a dry bag to hold your dirty water, and to help compress your gear. Compass, too map, and a watch will help you.
I'll be browsing this thread. I love gear threads.
>>
>>642832
Why a glass jar? Plastic is lighter and shatter resistant. I could see glass shards being useful for tool making in a survival scenario, but it'd be easier and lighter to just carry arrow heads and an extra knife.
>>
>>642645
I hit the wall on a day hike back in '85. Grand Canyon Village to Colorado River and back. Coming out the last three miles I was walking dead. An old Italian man, a tourist who spoke no English shared a banana with me, like eating pure energy!

Quick thank you and I left him in the dust!

> Snickers, banana chips, honey packets, energy bars (whoda thunk?)

You'd better have quick energy after humping BOB all day!
>>
>>642407

Uhh....sir....where did you get that? Or least give me the name.
>>
>>642921
> never read Gorky Park

Ut is a book with a story in it. Like this thread , with words but less pictures.
>>
>>642882
you will be dead the first the day from not regulating core body temp. you will be dead within 4 days because your dumbass doesn't know how to get potable water. keep stuffing that 5.56 green tip and mountain house in your pack you tard. i will enjoy picking through your gear off your dead body.
>>
>>642407

Are the gorkas worth the price they ask for them?
>>
>>642946
Oh, you'll get my green tip all right...
>>
>>642950
After I give him my soft point...
>>
>>642948
Yes. There is a guy on /k/ that supplies them. I get BARS others get SSO.

The dude from /k/ is the best resource. I'll post his email in this thread later. I paid 90 for mine shipped straight from the factory. Best 90 I've ever spent. Unissued, still with tags, made to order.
>>
File: IMG_20151207_233920538.jpg (3MB, 2340x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151207_233920538.jpg
3MB, 2340x4160px
>>642921
>>642948
I told my gorka dude about this thread, he might drop in to help ya out

Don't buy fakes, this guy helped me choose the right one for me, it was fast, and of perfect quality.
>>642959
>>642407
>>
File: penetration.jpg (44KB, 512x468px) Image search: [Google]
penetration.jpg
44KB, 512x468px
>>642950
>>642951
>>
>>642832
>Sling shot is effective at keeping you fed
Elaborate
>>
>>643001
you kill small game with the sling shot and eat them.
>>
>>643004
Are these things really able to kill an animal?
Why not use a bow or a gun?
>>
>>643006
I leave you to think about it, you already know the answer.
>>
>>643009
N-no I don't. No funs here pls respond.
The 'why not use something else' part specifically
>>
>>643011
ammo availability
weight
>>
File: IMG_20141017_171359.jpg (1MB, 3342x2072px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20141017_171359.jpg
1MB, 3342x2072px
>>642341
Figured I'd share my bag. Assembled with a slightly different region in mind (Mid-atlantic coast/mountains), and intended to be a low-profile get home bag along primarily sub/urban routes. This all fits into a ~20L daypack, which obviously lacks the space for sleeping items and extra food. This is why I make sure my 65L ruck is always empty after trips so that this 'base' bob can be dropped in effortlessly and my sleeping bag, etc can be crammed on top if I have the time. Vehicle/bug out strategies is a whole other discussion. This list is certifiably obsolete, but I'm posting it anyways for reference.

[ ] clif bars x 7
[ ] Jerky x 2
[ ] Gatorade/stims x 8
[ ] Toilet paper x 1
[ ] Lights x 3
[ ] Matches WP x 4 boxes
[ ] Bics x 4
[ ] Magnesium & flint
[ ] Cord x 70 ft
[ ] Compass
[ ] Sharpener
[ ] Pens/pencils
[ ] Fishing line x 300yds
[ ] Fish hooks/sinkers
[ ] Spare AA x 4
[ ] Map ; East coast
[ ] Chem lights x 5
[ ] Water bottles x 2
[ ] Water purification tabs x 1 package
[ ] Advil
[ ] Multivitamins
[ ] Swiss Army knife (big guy)
[ ] pocket knife
[ ] Electrical tape
[ ] Mylar blanket
[ ] Emergency poncho
[ ] Undies x 2
[ ] Socks x 2
[ ] Whistle
[ ] Crobar
[ ] Zippo w/ butane insert
[ ] 'biners (climbing/load-bearing) x 8
[ ] Leatherman Charge Ti
[ ] Black Diamond Headlamp
[ ] 3M Filtration mask
[ ] Nitrile gloves (disposable)
[ ] Surefire EP4 EarPro
[ ] Gun kit (clp, boresnake, rags)
>>
>>643004
>>643006
>>643011
Sling shot kills or at least disables squirrels, birds, lizards and possibly rabbits, most of those you really wouldn't want to waste bullets or risk losing an arrow on. Ammo is essentially infinite and it's something you can kill time and practice with indefinitely.

You don't have to pack ammunition and it takes up pretty much no space ontop of the fact they are really cheap- there is no reason not to pack one.
>>
>>643013
>>643037
Thanks. Anyone here ever used one for hunting? How did it go?
Also what should I pay attention to when buying one?
>>
>>643039
It's pretty easy to hunt with, the main thing is getting a few rocks that have that perfect weight and size. You'll know what I mean after you shoot a few rocks.

Honestly I just used a shitty Daisy one I got from cabelas, 20$. Now that you mention it though I wonder if there are higher draw weight ones and just generally nicer ones... I'll research this and post my finding.

But all in all the cheap one I used did the trick
>>
http://www.wildernesssurvivalskills.org/slingshots-for-hunting-best-hunting-slingshot-buyers-guide/

Probs going to grab the Cobra tomorrow.
>>
>>643039
i got one on.my 16th birthday and after a weeks pratice i could hit birds and rabbits no problem
With the heavy pull ones you can even take down a bird as big as a turkey(phesents) it wont kill but immobilize for a quick run and a slice of the neck
I am no gunz due to laws here but also have one in my bob, can post a pic when im home
>>
I wouldn't rely on a pocket chainsaw as their durability and usefulness leave quite a bit to be desired, fyi. Several good knife makers include:
http://www.elwebman.com/grecoknives/index.html
and
http://www.mineralmountain.com/
Also, if you are interested on learning what mass produced knives exhibit good qualities I would start reading a site like:
http://www.knifecenter.com/info/knife-blade-materials
1095 high carbon steel is also incredibly durable for short to medium blades due to it's ability to keep an edge.
>>
a Survival, evasion, and escape manual may also prove useful:
http://www.amazon.com/Survival-Evasion-Escape-Department-Manual/dp/B001TAK6EA
It can provide you with useful information on trapping food and building shelter, as well as how to escape prison camps depending on what you're worried about.
>>
>>643041
google "high draw weight slingshot bands"
i have some on my trumark, but they should fit your daisy
>>
>>642394
little bit of sugar preferably fructose will help you with that better than jerky or lasagna if you really have to aggressively bug the fuck out.
>>
File: 1444338846258.jpg (235KB, 608x948px) Image search: [Google]
1444338846258.jpg
235KB, 608x948px
>>642978
Yo gorka bro here, if anyone wants one or has any questions send me an email [email protected]
>>
>>642394
I thought

>hitting the wall

referred to how women over 30 are physically repulsive
>>
That's a pretty good setup, but you need a tent, mat and sleeping bag otherwise you will die of exposure or just be miserable and suicide

What is the total weight of that? Can you carry it ten miles, if not ditch the gun or whatever until you can carry it and try it out on a 3 day backpack trip.

Also get a Sawyer mini use the lifestraw as a backup. Anyone who doesn't test their shit is just a worthless faggot who won't last one day.
>>
>>643064

How do these compare to a 55lb draw on a bow? If by chance you know
>>
>>642494
picture wire is damn good stuff cheap AF
>>
>>643123
hitting the wall is more or less the same as a plateau effect

very general term
just means you dont really progress any further
>>
File: IMG_20151208_230029706.jpg (588KB, 1469x1102px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151208_230029706.jpg
588KB, 1469x1102px
This is what I'll be carrying for a 3 days/2 nights /out/. And more or less it's what I would carry for shtf situations. There Mora for example would gtfo and I would have a bigger knife instead. I would also have some ifak.

Some stuff not in the picture: food,water, small hatchet and stove.
Also no guns because eurofag.

r8 and give advice pls
>>
>>643370
no pot ? its gonna take forever if you need potable water just using that small cup. yeah you have the water filter and yeah lets assume you never break it or lose it its not going to save you from viruses.

also no water container ?
>>
>>642394
Unless OP is a marathon runner and trains hardcore most days, he's likely to have a larger store of glucagon and won't "hit the wall" unless he's severely strained himself out hiking.
His energy will be depleted without intake of glucose to produce ATP but there'll be enough anaerobic processes to continue on for two days or more.
But honestly, when there's guns available in the pack, you can likely find game for sustenance before you hit that extreme point of exhaustion and worse comes to worse, just like the other anon said, a sugary energy bar is way more helpful than the lasagne if you're going to hit that breaking point.
But really, hitting the wall isn't as common as you make it sound because not everybody is an athlete at peak performance and no lipid stores.
>>
>>643375
>no pot ? its gonna take forever if you need potable water just using that small cup
Yeah I know. I'm thinking about buying that stainless Stanley one. I have a bigger alluminium cup for though.

>no water container
I have one but not in the pic, but tbqh I always use some regular 1.5l plastic bottle.
>>
>>643276
IIRC mine are somewhere around 40 lbs and it feels about the same as my 40lb bow. there are different grades of bands too so you can kinds tune it for your use. the yellow bands it came with are too weak to really shoot an arrow.
>>
>>643384
>unless he's severely strained
kind of like a survival/bugout situation, which is the subject of this thread
>>
>>643404
yeah but you have to keep intentionally exerting yourself to get to that point. unless you have no body fat or are diabetic, you can rest and will be back to normal.
>>
>>642341
i dont have a bug out kit because im in the army, but I made shit for my parents and brothers. They have:
propane heat, with a tank that will last for two years
a generator
10 cases of MRE's
5 AR-15's
shotguns and rifles and pistols
5k 5.56
1k 12ga
3k 9mm
1k 30-06

3 Plate carriers with level IV plates
2 IOTV's, only one has plates
3 ALICE rucks

1 gen 2 NVG

2 lifestraws

medical supplies including 3 CLS bags and meds like doxy, amox, and motrin and shit
lots of camping equipment

50lbs bag of rice
50lbs bag of beans
10 gallons of water

odds and ends like paracord, lighters, gerbers, knives, and shovels.
200 sandbags to fortify house if need be.

light on the water but there is a stream about 600m from my house. All of them can shoot pretty well and know how to use the plate carriers/med stuff. house also has a fireplace and brick walls. located on local highpoint with good fields of fire and no easy avenues of approach. I don't know what i prepared them for but i think they can handle some shit
>>
>>643123
> my milf gf
> pillow name is Wallie
> yes I do
>>
>>642401
>>643155
>>642466

>exposure
To what?
>>
>>642500
is it good to practice bush craft on little twigs? I have to travel a few ways out before I can enter crown land so in those days where I can't do you think that's an alternative to testing out what I read?
>>
>>642500
>
Where do you usually go? Like park, ur land...?
>>
>>643421
You can spend some time looking for the right wood to harvest to use for say a bow drill, dead fall traps, atlatl, ect. Just get some and bring them back with you.

>>643425
It all depends. My back yard is a huge mountain. But it's pretty steep. I have shelters all over 3 counties in my area. I live in the middle of nowhere that's surrounded by reclaimed strip mining sites. Imagine a trail going through several counties innawoods. Most people ride atvs and drink beer. Pretty much do whatever you want.
>>
>>643402
Thanks man I'm definitely investing into a few of those heavy bands. Cheers eh?
>>
>>643420

exposure means stuff like Hyperthermia, Hypothermia, sun burn, frostbite, etc.
>>
>>642341
Needz moar socks
>>
>>643416
Really? Like 500% on everything but 2 life straws? Arnt those plastic and easily lost/broken?
>>
>>643420
The elements.
>>
File: Fishing-Rod-Telescopic-Spin.jpg (96KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Fishing-Rod-Telescopic-Spin.jpg
96KB, 600x600px
>>642726

Are there good quality telescoping fishing rods available, or are they all just gimmicks?
>>
>>643048
>>643046
i just looked into my local state lawas [new jersey] and surprise! it's a felony to transport or create a slingshot in new jersey
if a person is caught with one, they have to prove a reason for needing one,
or can face 18 months in jail and a 10,000 dollar fine

i need to move
>>
>>643748
fucking new jersey
california banned blow guns because ASSAULT TUBES
>>
>>643748
fellow jerseyfag here
run
run as fast as you can
do not look back
>>
>>643679
I have owned a couple of the Shakespeare ones over the years. They run about $20 and catch anything up to mid size bass with no problems. The tips tend to break eventually, but I like to keep one in my car for impromptu shore fishing stops here and there.
>>
>>643762
if the tip breaks off can you just use it as a shorter rod or it it fucked?
>>
>>643375
>its not going to save you from viruses

I was under the impression that viruses in the water are a rare thing in the western world.
>>
>>643764
not >>643762 but I imagine that depends on how it breaks and your rigging skills
>>
>>643568
and useless since you can't fill a container using them. You can probably take with you a load of bottles of dirty water though and drink out of them with the lifestraw.
>>
>>643766
yeah maybe in municipal water.
if a bear shits upstream from you you should prolly boil that shit
also giardia etc
>>
>>643769
Boil the poo?
>>
>>643771
kek poorly worded but you get the idea
>>
Water filter/pump. First aid. Flair.
>>
TP/wet wipes
>>
>>642733
Pretty much, they have a lot of flesh for the bullet to go through to hit something vital, and a .22 bullet just doesn't have the penetration to do much. And if you don't hit something vital, a flesh wound is not going to stop an adrenaline filled charging bear. Most people will take a 10mm pistol or a .44 magnum revolver for an anti-bear gun.
>>
my bug out bag:
gas mask + air canister + drinking hose
boilable canteen
mesh bag, paracord, ducktape roll, scissors, and some straps
zippo lighter, ferror rod, big knife
air force chemical/ nuclear warfare survival guide
compas, bdu, hatchet, and crowbar
>>
>>643792
>Most people will take a 10mm pistol or a .44 magnum revolver for an anti-bear gun.

How many shots would they take to do something?

What about a shotgun?
>>
>>643793
for most chem/bio stuff you need a fully encapsulated suit
for fallout you can get away with a dust mask and a painter's suit and hanging out in a fallout shelter for a few weeks
>>
File: 1449253439202.gif (1MB, 200x199px) Image search: [Google]
1449253439202.gif
1MB, 200x199px
>>642479
>>643015

what handheld radio?
>>
>>643811
BF-F8+
>>
>>643797
>for fallout you can get away with a dust mask and a painter's suit and hanging out in a fallout shelter for a few weeks
This. Radiation is basically deadly dust.
>>
File: 1448722434088.jpg (65KB, 600x660px) Image search: [Google]
1448722434088.jpg
65KB, 600x660px
>>643814
grathias
>>
>>643766
viruses are typically host specific. there are tons of viruses in the water they are just for wildlife. However, if human feces gets into the water and you drink it viruses can be passed that way. Based on how big of a meme shitting in the water is on here and how many dumbkins will be around the outdoors in a shtf situation viral contamination of natural water sources will be of concern. In countries where people still shit in the water they commonly get viruses that way.
>>
File: 20151114_163549.jpg (1MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20151114_163549.jpg
1MB, 2048x1152px
>>643811
B.F works good for us. UVR 5A is what I own I believe.

Bug out location at friends property has this guy. We dominant with the little hams. Live so remote and use only a channel that's not used so we don't worry about any of that lame paperwork stuff.

I'll post some of my bug out bags later, didn't realize I posted so many bushcraft photos in here. Lol my bad guys
>>
>>643533
Thanks for explaining m80.
>>
>>643829
> dust

Dust with a 100 year half life that causes cancer and radiation poisoning.
>>
File: kplace.jpg (57KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
kplace.jpg
57KB, 800x800px
>>643568
I also have a still that I used to experiment with moonshine, but my parents dont know how to use it. I think they can figure a way to distill/purify water in the house, they could just use the lifestraws if they are on the move.

also, I didn't really prep just to prep. I like building guns and playing with them, and I buy ammo in bulk already. The MRE's and camping equipment and stuff were either free or ridiculously cheap (like a buddy sells all his shit for pennies on the dollar or the sandbags fall off of a truck) and the plate carriers I like to train in.

the medical equipment is what I really sped money on. I keep a CLS bag in my car, and I end up using it way more than I ever would have thought. People hurt themselves a lot. Having med supplies and the ability to use them is a lot more useful to me than my carry gun.
>>
>>643758
Ever New Jersey woman transplant I ever met was a drug addict, liar or a backstabbing cunt.

Good luck with your wannabe Mafia Wive bitches!
>>
>>643941
>viruses are typically host specific
this is ture, but there's plenty of zoonotic shit in the water that you DO NOT want to fuck with in a survival situation
giardia and leptospirosis come to mind
>>
>>644013
There are people living in Tshernobyl. In a nuclear shtf scenario where you have to rely on your b.o.b. cancer is your smallest problem I'd say
>>
>>644058
those are protozoa and bacteria. my original comments were in response to someone who had a common backpacking filter, those will filter out protozoa and bacteria but cannot deal with viruses cause they are too small. (advanced filters do exist that can deal with viruses however). while it is true that typical North American wilderness water sources you typically only have to deal with protozoa and bacteria, human contact brings the threat of viruses.
>>
>>644068
Doesn't boiling the water kill 99% of all viruses?
I'd think with a fire and a metal canteen you're set
>>
>>644089
yes boiling water deals with viruses, protozoa, and bacteria (it technically does not purify the water but it destroys the ones that can harm you). If you boil your water you only have to worry about sediment, particles, and chemical pollution. You can deal with sediment and particles by using a simple piece of cloth or mesh when you fill up your container. Chemical pollution your kinda fucked but that's a special case typically around current or old human industry.
>>
>>644014
Yeah, the fancy medical shit can get expensive fast. I want multiple tourniquets, but I cannot justify the expense for something I will probably never use. I did buy one for myself though.

Luckily I am only allowed to do basic first aid as a CERT member, so I have tons of splinting and bandaging stuff, which is relatively cheap.
>>
>>644254
>boil water
>activated carbon filter
done
>>
Is a slingshot good in a pack to save space for a gun? I'm not going to eat a whole medium+ game by myself.
>>
>>642341
eye drops, just a small bottle
>>
>>644063
Those "people" are sub-human communists. Let them glow and die
>>
>>644314
22 pistol?
>>
>>645039
if you plan on bugging out for less than a month id bring a gun desu.
unless you seriously think ANY sound is going to get murderers coming for you
>>
>>644314

Even ignoring the defensive value, a small handgun will be much more valuable in any situation where you need to feed yourself. Slingshots take constant practice and a little luck to put food down. Trust me, I've shot many thousands of good and bad ammo through slingshots and wrist rockets hunting squirrels and target shooting. A .22 pistol or .38 revolver loaded with light ammunition will be much more effective on small game and much easier to "pick back up" after a few months without any practice.
>>
>>642379
So you expect that once you hit that 72nd hour that the disaster's over? Crisis Averted?

Well thank fuck for that! I'm glad I stopped by this thread, or else I would have been packing for longer!
>>
>>644314
Then you should be working more on preserving what you can for later.
>>
>>644254
Dont forget about poisonous algae
>>
>>642407
cyka blyat!!
>>
>>645047
This isn't Stalker or Fallout. If you are expecting to survive in the wilderness you need tools, preferably the ones that are hardest to reproduce in nature, not cans of pork and beans.
>>
>>643794
Shotguns are what's issued to data collectors in grizzly territory here in Canada. They use 12 gauge slugs because you need a big damn round to take out a bear. Keep in mind you'll have maybe a couple seconds before it's on top of you so forget having the time to line up a perfect shot. We're told to aim for the chest b/c you'll probably have enough time for 1-2 shots.
>>
>>645045
Why not both?
Sling shot costs 15$
>>
>>643981
Nice! You have more pics of that place?
>>
>>642391
Has anybody ever used an ultimate survival bivvy? I picked one up on the cheap and I don't want to pop the seal on it to see if its worth the weight.
>>
File: 20151114_150246.jpg (1MB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20151114_150246.jpg
1MB, 2048x1152px
>>646205
Got pretty good views. Can see all the way into another state. And it's on private property.
>>
Guys I want a Bugout bag or just emergency bag for my car - what should i get ?
>>
File: 1038364-super_retard.jpg (26KB, 499x376px) Image search: [Google]
1038364-super_retard.jpg
26KB, 499x376px
>>642341
>>642379
>>642388
>>642394
>>642401
>>642466
>>642546
>>642559
>>642645
>>642826
>>642842
>>642882
>>642905
>>642946
>>642950
>>642951
>>643084
>>643123
>>643299
>>643384
>>643420
>>645047

Once again its this thread, and once again its full of plenty of good advice and plenty of retards.

1. Environment.
Tailor your bug out bag to suit your environment. I live in Australia. It's summer. 3 hours without shelter and you aren't going to get hypothermia, but you'll need suncream. 3 days without water - you'll have been dead for the last two days. My BOB contains 11L of water/fluid. 2x4L bladders, 1x2L camelback, 2x500ml hand held bottles. It seems like a lot, but there is precious little water out there, plus I can dump bladders if I have to.

2. Nutrition
You will either be moving as quickly as possible, or hiding out somewhere. You won't be prancing about the woods snaring rabbits and cooking stew. The only nutrition you want is high in energy, low in weight and immediately available. You don't want to be looking for food, either in the woods or in the shops. You only need carbohydrates. Simple carbs (sugar) while moving. Complex carbs when not moving so that you have energy to move out in a few hours.

In case people care, I am a marathon and ultramarathon runner. I have hit the wall on several occasions in the past. It's not pretty. You can push through it, but you will lose a lot of speed and mental capacity. I don't want that happening to me in a life threatening situation.

You can hold off hitting the wall indefinately. But you need a constant source of energy and you need to be moving at a steady pace that is within your limits. Experience will teach you what pace and what nutrition works best. I've run 100km in rough hilly country in 16 hours and not hit the wall. I used instant noodles and high suger electrolytes. Thats exactly what I want to be able to do when bugging out.
>>
>>646718
A bottle of lube, and some sexy lingerie.

Red lace.

Seriously, with the way most people on this board act, most will be rape victims within the first two weeks. You might as well prep for that instead.
>>
>>646772
Be the wiser man and show us the way Anon
>>
File: Because I care about you.jpg (30KB, 970x812px) Image search: [Google]
Because I care about you.jpg
30KB, 970x812px
>>646776
Okay i'll be the wiser man.

See pic related for everything you need to know.

Afterall, the more dead out there; the less threats present themselves to myself, so why wouldn't I encourage the spread of misinformation?
>>
>>646789
Ahahahah i like it how you think you will survive like this. You are pretty paranoid from the sound of it. Stay mad and die alone in a small pit.

You cannot stop knowledge from spreading. Also Doomsday preppers isnt knowledge.
>>
>>643981
Awesome.
>>
Anything I should add/remove? Long term survival.
>>
>>649403
On body.
>>
>>649405
Backpack, ready for action. Will have a 22. marlin rifle with a scope and silencer aswell, I just dont have it with me where im at now.
>>
File: bob.jpg (3MB, 2000x3008px) Image search: [Google]
bob.jpg
3MB, 2000x3008px
Missing from view, sleeping bag/pad, food, water, walkie talkies, gf's bag, cat carriers/harness. Working on improving my first aid.
>>
>>649405
>dat hat
>dat fjällräven
i like your style
>>
>>649464
;^) You know it.
>>
>>649435

I laughed my ass off at the cat carrier / harness.
>>
>>649499
You think I'm leaving my cats behind nigga? I got to just get to my mum's innawoods house if I truly have to bug out from my place.
>>
>>645852

Practice your aim a lot. Slowly work on your speed. In time you can 5 shots off onto a one foot by one foot target in less than 2 seconds. Given I forgot this is /out/ most ppl on here don't really train with guns.
>>
>>644314

Though a slingshot can be amazing. I would prefer a 22 rifle though. Those 22 rifles are pretty damn quiet, more quiet than some pellet guns I've heard. So not to loud, good range, can easily carry hundred of rounds in your pocket if plz.
>>
>>649505

I laughed cause I had the same thought. My wife who has been a vet for yrs talked me out of it. She is a hard core cat lover, even she is willing to leave our cats behind, because chances of them living much longer and better is much higher.

Now if you're going by car, have time to gtfo, than yes, take them. If you really need to gtfo. Better with just letting them go...or eating them.
>>
>>649518
I'm not eating them, I'm not asian. We just got to get to my mom's house where we would be able to survive. 45 min by car or even if we have to walk we would take them.
>>
>>649435
What are the details on your carbine there?
>>
>>642341
>that small of a first aid kit for 72h
>in earthquake country
Nigga where are your ab pads and sam splints?
>>
>>646762
>muh carbs r gud energy source
You're retarded, lern2biochemistry. Oxidation of fat yields far more energy per molecule than sugar oxidation (at least 3456 ATP/fat molecule vs 36 ATP/glucose molecule), and fats take up less space as storage molecules than glycogen.

Honestly, it's no wonder you hit the wall often if you only eat carbs. Carbs are always the first energy source your muscles use and get burnt through quickly (under an hour), if you don't have any fat in your diet and your fat reserves are non-existent you're essentially fucked.
>>
>>649648
Ruger 10/22
Underfolder stock, straight stock.
bx 15 mags because they look better than the 25 rounders.
>>
>>649689
weaver raised rail
bushnell trs-25 red dot zero'd to 25 yards
>>
>>649690
raised rail allows for iron sights to be used too.
>>
>>649435
Are those boxers cotton? If not, where'd you get them? If so, you're better off free-balling.

And a reminder to everybody... the threat is not the disaster, it's the survivors. Too much weight, too many guns, you're gonna face a lot of conflict, especially if you're wearing camo and people know you've got stuff worth taking. Travel light and fast, and you'll be too deep in the woods to run into anybody in the first place.
>>
>>649713
nothing in that picture that I wear is cotton. everything is wool/synthetic. from REI...
>>
>>649720
Awesome. I'll have to hit them up on Monday. I've been looking for synthetic boxers, and haven't seen any.
>>
>>649725
$20 a piece of generic rei boxers. I own 7 total. All are like the day I bought them a year ago. Even though I change everyday I swear I could wear them for days. Same with the 9pairs of wool ssocks I got. I need More long johns though only got 1pair of rei long johns . as wellas synthetic t shirts, i swear by them.
>>
>>649689
Thank you! had me fooled for a second. Looks like a .30 M1 carbine. I might have to rip your idea for backpacking/camping
>>
>>649403
>>649405
>>649408
awesome equipment man, expensive but it'll serve you well
jelly of the recon pack and jervenduks

my feedback: maybe the shovel is redundant, idk how much it weighs but I guess it depends on what you plan to do with it
I know you have ponchos but you could add rainpants since ponchos don't cover legs that well, and if it starts raining hard it will be good to cover your pants. You could also include some hygiene stuff since it's a long term bag.
In addition, maybe a radio to get news and weather updates (although many phones these days have radio so you could use that, just have a way of charging your phone)
I would also add some change of clothes in case you get wet and need to change.
>>
>>642821
I would remove the comms unless you've actually got someone to comm with, I'd lose the morphine and IV. replace the entrenching tool with a hatchet/axe (depending on your area). Maybe the scope is already doing the binos job so those can go. You've got rice and MREs without a place to boil water, dig the tarp (assuming that is part of your sleeping system). Would operate with tho.
>>
>>650385

It's good to have binos as well. Shouldering your rifle to use the scope could get you shot.
>>
Included in the pic
>Snugpack Jungle Hammock
>Shitload of hootchie cord
>Sewing kit (In a ziplock bag)
>Waterproof notepad w/ a write in the rain pen and 2 lead markers
>20m of 550 paracord (another 200ft arent in the pic)
> Chemlight glowstick for camp recognition
> 2x DECOR 1L flask
> Mechanix M-pact gloves
> Lifestraw
> 3 garbage bags
> Flask of Bundy rum
> Extra thick shit tickets
> Army issue bug repellant
> Athletes foot powder
> Lip Balm
> Compression bandage
> Talc powder
> Dakamin fungal cream
> Gunshot trauma bandage
> Snakebite tourniquet
> Assorted medications (Tramadol 150mg, Ibuprofen, Coloxyl, Decongestants, compression sock)
> Tooth brush and razor
> Headlamp (Red filter)
> Torch (Red filter)
> Penicillin
> SPF 50 sunscreen
> Solugel
> Cups canteen and stove
> soda can alcohol burner
> Lighter
> Stormproof matches
> Zippo fluid with accessories
> Solid fuel
> Fishing line
> Eating utensils
> Lebendwell folder
> HHA MFK03-G
> Mora companion
> Coarse and fine grit diamond sharpener
> Drysack with dacks, socks and spare trousers
> Shamagh
> Greenleaf hatchet wrapped with paracord to hide its faggy fluro green fiberglass handle

Not included in the pic
>2L Camelback Antidote
>5.11 RUSH 12 w/ 2x SORD XL accessory pouches
> Leatherman REBAR
> Zippo
> Firesteel
>>
File: 12-ISAF-Pork-Crusader-1.jpg (158KB, 614x461px) Image search: [Google]
12-ISAF-Pork-Crusader-1.jpg
158KB, 614x461px
>>642341
>2 guns
>no ammo
>no water bottle
>1 day pack for 3 days
>gardening gloves
>first thing to go is food
Jesus Christ, what are you planning on surviving? A pack isn't going to help you survive lift on the spectrum.
>>
>>650404
This guy has his shit together

What bag tho?
>>
>>650420
>>
>>642341

>glock 19
>and a 10/22

leave the grenade at home and bring a few more boxes of ammo for the .22
>>
>>650404
Not knowing your geographical and climate conditions, I'd still pack the shelter differently

A hammock is nice, but you'd need at least a tarp to make it a shelter. You can go more versatile and better shelter if you dirtcamp.

- 3x3m silnylon tarp
You can put this up pretty much everywhere, and it will reliably shelter you from from wind and elements.

- 2x1m 6mm EFA mat
Isolates, is watertight, does not take on dirt, you can trow it somewhere and sit for ours in the cold mud, you can fold it up and fill it with dead leaves or spruce twigs and you got a comfy sleeping mat with high insulation. Costs a couple $/€ if you buy it from construction supply and a couple dozen if you buy it from a sports store. The price is the only difference.

add some sort of light sleeping bag or padded jacket and you are good to go. You can make yourself a dry shelter in adverse conditions and in less suitable areas, might not gonna be a great night, but hypothermia won't get you.

Also swap that metal hip flask for a plastic one, every pet bottle will do, if you need it fancy one, GSI has a plastic hip flask that works.
Add Iodine to your medkit, disinfection and water treatment in one
http://www.survivopedia.com/how-to-purify-water-with-iodine/#
Ditch the Zippo and the lighter for 3-4 Bics
Pack some tea bags, nothing better beats hot tea on a bad day.
>>
>>650404
Not bad. Your climate is different to mine, so that's where we'd differ. Good to see someone else has a sewing kit
The zippo flints will fit better under the felt pad in your lighter and be easier to find when you need them.

This thread looks like its about to hit its bump limit soon, so I'll take some picks of mine in the next few days and post in the next incarnation.
>>
>>650434
>A hammock is nice, but you'd need at least a tarp to make it a shelter. You can go more versatile and better shelter if you dirtcamp.

Youre right about that one, i should've included my issue hootchie in the picture

> 2x1m 6mm EFA mat
Isolates, is watertight, does not take on dirt, you can trow it somewhere and sit for ours in the cold mud, you can fold it up and fill it with dead leaves or spruce twigs and you got a comfy sleeping mat with high insulation. Costs a couple $/€ if you buy it from construction supply and a couple dozen if you buy it from a sports store. The price is the only difference.

Never thought of adding a poof mat but you make a good point there

> add some sort of light sleeping bag or padded jacket and you are good to go. You can make yourself a dry shelter in adverse conditions and in less suitable areas, might not gonna be a great night, but hypothermia won't get you.

I agree, and i forgot to mention but in the black drysack strapped to the bottom of the bag is a summerweight sleeping bag

>Also swap that metal hip flask for a plastic one, every pet bottle will do, if you need it fancy one, GSI has a plastic hip flask that works.
Add Iodine to your medkit, disinfection and water treatment in one
http://www.survivopedia.com/how-to-purify-water-with-iodine/#
Ditch the Zippo and the lighter for 3-4 Bics
Pack some tea bags, nothing better beats hot tea on a bad day.

All of those are great ideas, cheers!

Currently my geographic location is coastal Australia
>>
>>642621
Another option is a few strands of copper wire from a power cord
>>
>>642341

do not wear jeans.
do not wear denim
do
not
wear
denim
>>
>>642391
Jesus I'm late, but THIS. Those thermolite extreme liners are fucking amazing, with a bivvy they're God-Tier for cheap light weight sleeping in the cold. I use one with a MSS Bivvy and a wool blanket, cause I'm a fudd, and am comfy at 20°F with thermals, could have gone a little lower even.

They're kind of pricey, but if you find one on sale they're well worth the space.
>>
>>642407
>No vodka?
Those are partially treated though, like an M65 jacket and such. It's different from jeans or a cotton hoodie.
>>
>>642776
>I don't know what shot placement is
People have been using .22 to to poach whitetail for generations. I wouldn't use it, but it's incredibly common for people to take coyote, raccoon, beaver, squirrel, rabbit, etc with them.
>>
>>646772
O-Okay...
>>
>>650890
Why?
>>
>>650999
>>650890
Nevermind, I just re-read OP "Probably on the cooler/wetter side..."
I never thought about it, but it makes a lot of sense.
>>
>>642776

Dude, 22 is amazing if you actually aim. Poachers hunt deer with them all the time, there is evidence of ppl killing full grown moose with them too.
>>
>>650404
>Snakebite tourniquet
Are you Australian and carrying a snakebite tourniquet?
>>
>>650953
Late or not, I always appreciate the +1. Makes me feel less crazy for being unorthodox.
>>
>>642341
Much more food, less guns. Are you commited to that knife? An axe is better but a mora is less heavy. You don't need one of everything that does the same thing. You'll be carrying this. Plenty of water. Some more socks. Do you have thermo underwear? Those gloves look like they get wet.

Do you have a nice pot? Spagetti isnt so bad /out/ food, pretty compact and rich in cabs. For survival and convenience it's good to have a smallish plastic soda bottle with oil (screw top) for cooking and perhaps even drinking on the fly. Also 2L soda bottles are pretty good for water, put them on the sides of the pack. Maybe you don't need so much water, but being able to carry whenever you want is pretty neat. Anyway you'll learn a lot when you go out and test it, have fun! You don't need the writing book if you aren't already in the habit of journaling. Add like 4 more lighters. Sturdy copper wire is extremely versatile and useful for many things, it never hurts having a bit of that.

What will you be doing? Building a camp, backpacking from A to B, what's the mission here? If you plan to build anything substantial you probably want an axe. Just my 2 c.

Honestly, carrying less shit you don't need = not getting pissy and tired and breaking down and giving up and just taking a nap and dying cold and shivering on the cold damp ground although in 72h that's not likely to happen ;^)
>>
>>651109
Oh I forgot about the COMPASS and MAP. Maybe 2 compasses. It's one of the absolutely most essential items. And one of those new swell water filters.
>>
>>651114
And thermos +tea, coffee for the campfire. Thermos is especially necessary if you don't have a water filter and so boil your water.
>>
>>649405
You need more Fjallraven to survive, anon. Good stuff though.
>>
>>643123
>women over 30 are physically repulsive
patently untrue 2bh
love older girls and they love having younger bfs
>>
File: 20151224_012930.jpg (1MB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
20151224_012930.jpg
1MB, 2560x1536px
>been living under a tarp innawoods since april (homeless)
>minimal ownership
>pic related...

not depicted:
- pan
- rain poncho
- sleeping bag
- rope

notes:
most my crap, while cool and functional, in the end, is useless.

i leave my junk in the woods when i travel short distances. only things i really need are the sleeping bag and rain poncho and a lighter.
>>
>>651991
Is that spoon for heroin anon? Pls say no. Also are you from Paraguay?
>>
>>651991
>Only things I really need are sleeping bag, rain poncho and a lighter.

I'd throw in a pot to cook with, but top props. I think it's sad how much people rely on "stuff" instead of knowledge and skill.
>>
>>650385
I'm a wildernes emt, the drugs and bags are tools of the trade. There is a saw on the back of the machete. the Innawoods in not currently representative of what i have packed.
>>
File: innawoods current 2015.jpg (181KB, 680x650px) Image search: [Google]
innawoods current 2015.jpg
181KB, 680x650px
>>652207
Thats more like it
>>
>>642407
You win the thread
>>
>>652039
top knowledge is where the local water springs are. pot is good if you are in unknown area.
>>
>>652039
also: skill is secondary. for me primary is willingness to suffer through discomfort. also helps to wish death, so the fragility of ones unskillful strategy is not worrisome.

constant wandering after resources is tiring for me. always hungry. always cold (except in sleeping bag). but seems my survival is steady, and i cant stand much civilization, so the forest suffering continues.
>>
>>642423
have cotton for hot weather, when you NEED to cool off, reason cotton is popular in deserts
have wool, fleece, artificial fabrics for cold for reasons stated above
have a way to clean your clothes while out and line dry them to cut down clothing needs(might need to have smoke resistant clothes during winter/portable wringer)

sleeping bag liners so that you don't need to clean that sleeping bag out and can go even colder, or just use it during warmer weather alone

good sewing kit with patches is a must, especially for those water resistant pants/jackets.
>>
>>650890
do so if treated and have additional treatment supplies, if you need protection and to cool off. Use other supplies during cold weather.
>>
>>642423
OFF ROAD BIKING AND TRAILER(get one of those annoying kid ones for your stuff if cheap), use standard parts and have replacements. Now you can go anywhere the roads and/or trails allow you without gas. And more distance than walking/hiking/running will take you. Have good folding bike if/when you hit bad terrain. Only if you can bike a good deal within 10-20 miles of where you are at.
>>
>>642407
>gorka
treated cotton doesn't count anon
>>
>>642885
site?>>642821
>>
>>651991
Something about intelligent and practical hobo's always gives me a smile. I prefer it when they use older gear for that "aesthetic" it gives them. But props to you, good luck and food to you.
>>
>>642446
If you're so far away from people why aren't you bugging in?

And in the likelihood you're thinking "hurr i'll just drive to the forest lol kek" you'll be among the first to die if it ever got dire enough that running to the woods was your best bet
>>
>>652423
>Willingness to suffer through discomfort.

I once went hiking with someone who brought, among other things, a toilet seat. I was far more comfortable than he by the end of our hike, and presumably several days after.
>>
>>652430
I prefer athletic wear regardless of the weather. In winter it keeps my body oils off my insulating layers, in summer it doesn't trap sweat. In any weather, it washes clean without soap and dries quick.

What kind of liner do you use? Insulating, or just a barrier?
>>
>>651046
Of course
>>
>>642407
>>642450
I can guarantee they wear wool underneath. Cotton can work as outer layer, but not inner or 2nd layer.)
>>
File: Bn2_våpen.jpg (9KB, 148x166px) Image search: [Google]
Bn2_våpen.jpg
9KB, 148x166px
>>649408

>jervenduk
>netting

Hvis du ikke har vært i hæren så vet ikke jeg. Hvor var du?
>>
>>653419
Where did you learn to first aid?

Tourniquets fuck up the limb and dont do anything a pressure-immobilization bandage will do
>>
>>642379
>>642388
Maybe keep one in there, there's no need to be grumpy AND in an emergency
>>
>>652489
innawoods.net
>>
>>652489
innawoods
>>
>>643370
Which Mora is that?
>>
>>653772
>>653772
ADF.

A snakebite tourniquet IS a PIM bandage.
>>
Alright so here's my predicament. I live in Tucson, AZ. A few miles up from me is a densely forested mountain range. Where I live is the Sonoran Desert. What I need to be able to do is cross between these with ease, as the mountains are basically gradients up from desert to pine forest. The mountains get snow, but the rest of the land does not.

The landscape here is unique, fuck me.
>>
Most of y'all carry way too much stuff.
>>
>>654620
A tourniquet implies restriction of blood-flow.
The proper use of PIM should result in normal capillary refill and is not a tourniquet.

>>650404
If you actually want to use PIM you're going to need at least three compression bandages.
>>
>>654771
My fault for not specifying

ADF is an acronym for Australian Defence Force.

Coming from a qualified army first aider a snakebite tourniquet is 3 compression bandages utilised with PIM.
>>
>why do you need a bob/survival whatever?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3378081/Looters-target-flood-victims-homes-Thieves-steal-properties-submerged-dirty-water-Storm-Frank-threatens-6in-rain.html
>>
Anybody thinking about alternative modes of transportation? I live 15 minutes south of Atlanta and my bugout location is property I own near Savannah. I was thinking of using the Savannah river to get down there quicker but I'm not sure.
>>
>>655571
>tabloid trying to whip people up into hysteria
>>
>>642479
This guy, he knows what's up.
>>
>>649403
>>649405
>>649408
Weight?
>>
>>655583
The Savannah river has parts that are barely navigable depending on flow and tides. The Army Corp doesn't do much maintenance anymore. Don't expect to take a larger vessel downstream.

As a Savannah resident, don't bug out here. This city will be hell during a SHTF situation. It turns into Detroit at night here. I plan to head north around Athens.
>>
File: prepared.png (674KB, 679x648px) Image search: [Google]
prepared.png
674KB, 679x648px
>if the happening takes place tonight

what are my odds, /out/?
>>
What do y'all recommend for living homeless indefinitely? Assuming you have some money and are able to go to stores for supplies but do not have access to a car.

What would you need in your day to day life? I assume nothing besides food and a burner to cook food. What kind of cookware is lightest in general for going out? Where would you sleep that doesn't attract attention?

Basically bugging out by disappearing but not necessarily going innawoods, just lying low and disconnecting from your home town and anything that is connected to you like your vehicle, phone, hair style/clothes etc.
>>
>>655796
Why don't we have a sticky for this shit?

A couple changes of clothes (no cotton)+ dry bag and fels naptha to wash what you're not wearing.

Cook pot + alcohol stove and yellow HEET, couple lighters.

Sleeping bag, ground pad, rainproof bivvy, tarp/poncho.

I highly recommend taking up temporary residence in forestry land, by a lake if possible, to save on food costs.

Lots of other things that are just comfort, this is literally all you need to stay anywhere. If you're hanging in cities, expect trouble. Try to get at least a ways back in the tree line or find a bridge (not an underpass) that isn't occupied.
>>
Jif jar
>>
>>655796
you'll need some sort of phone, if for nothing else than 911, job hunting/working,etc and access to internet/news. Newspapers are going digital or bust in most places. Your own source of power(solar/thermal/etc), alternative fuel sources(gas canisters, while nice/effective, not the most cost effective in all situations), congrats you are on a watch list right now.

But seriously
Shelter(sleeping @ day(out of sight)/night)(clothing for 120 to -40 weather, mix of cotton for hot/wool and other things for cold)(SOCKS)(Rain/snow protection(mainly wind)))
Power(Food(fish/shelter/vermin(WELL cooked)/dumpsters)Water(filters/public places you are allowed in/at)(storage of water)Air(China and smog trap places)Electricity(to power your radio/lights/phone/computer/filters/etc)
Cleaning(clean and wring out those clothes, clean thyself to prevent problems, cut thine hair and nails/doubles for checking for ticks/parasites/etc)(Prevents dirty hippy/bum runoffs)

But seriously, might be easier to just get a cheap car, drive away from home, get a new name/id/switch vehicles, and go that route. Those reports of thousands of people disappearing are for many reasons(relatives trying to kill you for insurance money/hide attempted murder/rape/money laundering/false legal actions against others/church)
>>
>>655701
You need shelter. Get a tarp and paracord at the minimum.
>>
>>650404
>> Greenleaf hatchet wrapped with paracord to hide its faggy fluro green fiberglass handle

RIT dye poly (make sure its the POLY type) will dye that plastic/fibreglass handle for you. Available at any Spotlight or similar store.
>>
>>655599
A bit high, measured 27 kgs. Might cut down a bit. Although I did a 2 day hike the other day and it was fine. The pack is made to bear heavy burdens so I didnt get any strains.
>>
>>653700
Njaaa, muligens snart, Har jobbet i sjoforsvaret i snart 2 år nå. Soker Operativ Befalskole til sommeren.
>>
>>650357
Thanks for the comment! I will add some gaiters soon, i usually use my light jervenduk as a poncho and it covers me down to my knees. And i agree with you on the shovel, didnt use it much last outing and i doubt i will ever find a big use for it, it weighs like 2 kgs aswell. I have a small pocket radio that i can use, but no UHF/VHF radios. change clothes are in the pack, didnt take them into the picture.
>>
>>642341
Just got my first hunting license and was hoping to put together a kit for weekend hunts, doubt I would need something above 3 days survival so probably wont need food/I'll normally take some sammiches to munch on etc.

any advice for things to include?

if it makes any difference I usually will mostly be hunting deer and occasionally small game, but have a freshwater license as well.
>>
>>656064
Also as another side note. South Carolina, so ranging from 45F to 115F, average humidity of 99.99%

(FFS they shot the forest gump vietnam scenes on hunting island SC for a reason)

also mosquito that could take out a California condor
>>
File: Best-preparedness-ever.jpg (1MB, 1780x1688px) Image search: [Google]
Best-preparedness-ever.jpg
1MB, 1780x1688px
>>650404
made it into a image for future
>>
>>642341
"I need a 72hr bag"

"I'm going to take it camping for 4 days (96hrs)"
>>
>>643375
>>643766
>>643941
>>644058
>>644068
>>644089
>>644254
>>
>>656079
oops meant to all reply with this link:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_viruses_in_water
>>
>>642726
there is a bamboo grove near where I normally camp, so I just pack a reel, 2pieces of heavy duty velcro straps to mount it, punch a hole in the top piece and another hole on the side of the top piece to hold the line, can usually pull anything less than 10lbs with it if i get a nice green piece at 7ft, 1.5" at where I make the handle

used to use a screw backed eyeloop which was pretty easy to screw in on the top with just my hands, but one day I forgot it and discovered my current method

before leaving for home I always just break the rod off at 5ft and use it as a walking stick on my way back
>>
File: BSi59HnIcAAMpGj.jpg (117KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
BSi59HnIcAAMpGj.jpg
117KB, 600x800px
Here's some advice from an essay about amateur mining and prospecting that applies:
http://www.americangeode.com/rockhounding.php
>>
>>650958
>>651024
it's not allowed in many states to hunt big game with a 22lr, its also pretty shitty to try to do that, because if you hit them in the wrong place you may as well be abusing animals
>>
>>644089
The issue with boiling water is that it takes time to boil and time to cool before you put it in your reserve bag/bottle. You may need to drink as much as a gallon of water/day when hauling gear in the summer heat. If you can only boil and transfer 16oz every thirty minutes or so, you're going to be stuck at a burning fire for half the day. Not so bad while camping, but in a bug out scenario, you'd be a sitting duck.

I have two two litre bags with a drip filter between. I top off my dirty bag every chance I get, and it filters to my clean bag as I hike. No smoke, no extended stays, just fill up and keep going.
>>
>>655691
>As a Savannah resident, don't bug out here.
This. Shit is practically hitting the fan there right now. If the violence on the streets wasn't enough, the place floods from anything bigger than a mild rainstorm. It's the last place I'd want to be in a crisis.
>>
>>656312
Zero days since last multiple shootings...
>>
File: Hammock-Bliss-No-See-Um-No-More.jpg (247KB, 1080x647px) Image search: [Google]
Hammock-Bliss-No-See-Um-No-More.jpg
247KB, 1080x647px
Is a bug net worth the extra weight for a hammock?
>>
>>642341
why do you need a fucking war rifle for surviving in the wilderness?
>you dont need a war rifle
>look Im so cool, I own a fancy thing
pretentious fag
>>
>>656767
Isn't that a basic semi auto .22?
>>
>>656760
Only if you're bothered by bugs. Ticks, mosquitoes, flies, etc. If you don't have bugs in your area you don't need a bug net. That said, they don't take up much space or add much weight. Your call.
>>
>>656767
It's a ruger 10-22

That's not a war rifle, it can barely take down a raccoon
>>
>>656767
> war rifle

You dense?
>>
>>656767
enjoy being eaten by a predator
>>
>>656767
Apart from the fact the rifle is a .22 ( I understand that to you Britcuckistanis all guns look alike), what the hell do you care if someone else owns a "war rifle"?
>>
>>656767
what the hell is a war rifle?
>>
>>657279
>war rifle
I've seen that stupid term be used by the dumbass media here in Yurop, and they influence nogunz people with their ignorance.
When they write war rifle, they mean rifles that a soldier would typically carry.
So for example, a black rifle with a long magazine looks like a military issue weapon to them because they're ignorant.
>>
>>642776
you should not own a gun
>>
File: camping.jpg (154KB, 680x650px) Image search: [Google]
camping.jpg
154KB, 680x650px
Since it's innawood time, this is mine.

Yes nogun, but since our woods are smalls and we have a lot of people, I spose all the game would be gone in a week anyway.

>You need to defend yourself
Not when I just camp. If the happening happen, I will not hide inawood because it will not be solved in a week, and the kind of people that want me dead will stay innahood anyway.
>>
>>657279
A war issued rifle

So surplus rifles could be called war rifles

That guy is an idiot or bait though
>>
>>657341
The only two reasons for high capacity magazines are military use or mass shootings, that's why sane countries ban them.
>>
I have a question regarding my get home bag that I keep in my car.

I have prepped enough gear to be able to have a get-home bag as well as my backpacking bag that I take on 2-3 night 3-4 day hikes.

When my backpacking bag is fully stocked, it would be the ultimate BOB or get home bag, having any and everything I need to last plenty more than 72 hours. I use a Greggory Baltoro 65L, and its amazing, and has about 45 lbs when fully loaded (including 4L of water)

My get home bag in my car has significantly less in it, like no sleeping bag, and a lot of my secondary gear, which is not as good as my backpacking gear.

Do you think it would be worth just keeping my backpacking bag fully stocked in my car?

My concern about it is two things: my backpacking bag is about 15 lbs heavier than my get home bag before water, and I also don't know how comfortable I would be leaving nearly $1200 worth of high end gear in my car at all times.

Other things to consider, I don't want to be trading gear back and forth between my packs, and I don't really want to put any more money into my preps, as I have tertiary of most of my items.

I just want another few preppers' takes on my situation, and to hear what you'd do.
>>
>>657522
You've never had to take down a bear then, head shots with a 22 will not kill a bear, you need to hit the lungs and that sometimes takes 20+ shots

Vs my war issue Mosin Nagant which had a maximum of 5 shots and could take down a bear in 1 shot....

Magazine size means nothing
>>
>>657532
Get a Mylar sleeping bag and a Mylar tent like link related:

SE ET3683 Emergency Outdoor Tube Tent with Steel Tent Pegs https://www.amazon.com/dp/B008JFW6BY/ref=cm_sw_r_other_awd_-MfIwbE1C7TEH

That way all you need is that and a paracord and you have shelter

A backpacking bag can afford luxuries. Your get home bag would be fine with small manageable emergency things that won't make you comfortable but will keep you alive if you get stranded
>>
Everyone shoul have one of that bags
>>
>>642495
How old is your husky?
>>
>>649405
I own a pair of those Salomon boots too, best things ever, right?
>>
File: 100_2139.jpg (2MB, 3472x2604px) Image search: [Google]
100_2139.jpg
2MB, 3472x2604px
>>657532
>>657582
The mylar will work, or just keep some cordage, tarp and blanket in the car.
Those will have other uses and be handy at times when S doesn't HTF, such as you get caught in snow, car breaks down, any other reason you would be better staying with the car.
You probably already have them so don't need to go buy anything.
The GHB I have in my car is in a 3 way deployment bag, canteen holder and map-case. That will see me right if I can walk home that day.
Woollen picnic blanket and tarp in the car will see me right till I get to where BoB is.
>>
>>657522
>sane countries
Like France, Germany, and Britain, which all massively restrict private firearm ownership, but let masses of undocumented immigrants in without so much as a background check?

I think you're out of your mind.
>>
>>657670

I do have a tarp in my get home bag already, and I keep a small blanket in my car. (mostly for picnics or sitting /out/ with bitches)

I have a good wool blanket I'll add to it. And just asses when I "bug home" if I need to grab em.

Thanks for the insight, guys. I think I'll leave em separate.
>>
>>657688
Sounds like you're good to go then.

If you can find a large woollen picnic blanket with an imperious backing, that'd be the one to get. Blanket and ground sheet in one.
Wrap the blanket in the tarp, tie it up with paracord and you have shelter and sleeping all bundled up in an easy to carry weatherproof swag.

I'd be interested in what you have in your GHB. Always good to see what I can learn off others.
>>
>>657580
peppering a bear with 22 is one way to get yourself mauled by a pissed off bear...
no one brings 22 to defend themselves in bear country and it is kind of true that you don't need 30 round magazines for hunting
>>
File: 1447622565569.jpg (109KB, 738x640px) Image search: [Google]
1447622565569.jpg
109KB, 738x640px
>>642341

Will likely to die from exposure out of 10

I dont get where this minimalist B.O.B fad came from. It's like you guys want to be miserable when you're hiding out in the sticks.

Unless you are extremely proficient in bush craft and shelter building you need a bigger pack that can fit a sleeping bag, mattress roll, and tent.

Start doing research on ultra light backcountry backpacking it's essentially how to do a B.O.B right.
>>
>>657820
Not sure where in the thread you are talking about being minimalist.
If you mean my conversation with the other non here:
>>657532
>>657670
>>657688
>>657705
we were talking about get home bags, something to keep in the car that will get you home if you have to get out and walk. The big fella is at home.

If that's not what you're talking about, carry on.
>>
seeing all these "tactical" clothing choices and bag choices.

guys the idea is to blend in, if SHTF then the last thing you want to look like is someone who knows what they are doing, your gunna get
a. shot by the police/military
b. shot by people who want your stuff/think your a threat
c. robbed/followed

I'd suggest getting normal-ish looking bags, things like large guitar bags are useful because people will think your just saving your guitar.
>>
>>656767
looking at this without
>he said le war rifle

carrying a large gun around makes you a clear threat, your gunna get fucking killed walking around with anything larger than a .45 acp.

if you want to hunt think about smaller items such as snares, rat raps, sligshots etc.
>>
>>642407
Nice gorka in Tsifra, what brand? i have 6 gorkas myself. my favourite one is Gorka-E by SSO/SPOSN and Gorka-5 in Tsifra by Kamuflage.ru
The one on the left in the picture. i bought it on the offical SSO store in Moscow.
>>
>>649405
Nice Norwegian Army underwear, i have a couple of those myself. They work really great with wool over them in -40C. i didn't freeze when i served in those.
>>
>>643041

Go to the dollar store, buy a few 100ct bag of glass marbles for a buck...cheap consistent ammo. Set up a hanging blanket as a backstop in your target practice area, that way you can re-use your ammo.
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 48

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.