[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Home]
4Archive logo
Cycling
If images are not shown try to refresh the page. If you like this website, please disable any AdBlock software!

You are currently reading a thread in /out/ - Outdoors

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 75
File: Screenshot (512).png (42 KB, 443x393) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Screenshot (512).png
42 KB, 443x393
Why do these people exist to ruin our sport?
>>
>>640251
I can't understand the vitriol some feel toward cyclists.

It just baffles me that people call themselves normal but wish death upon others for no good reason. This obviously extends beyond hatred of cyclists
>>
>>640294
Some kind of ethnic tribalism, maybe? I'm serious. Have you ever seen someone rant about bicyclists saying that bicyclists should have to pay registration?
Everyone, besides a few exceptions, (or people in the city) drives. Every bicyclist is already paying for some kind of vehicle registration.
>>
>>640294
Non-motorized vehicle in the roadway
>>
>>640251
> driving home after long day of work
> Suddenly traffic jam
> 20 minutes later pass the spot
> It's a guy on a bike on a 4 lane road that people have to merge into one lane to avoid
> Open sidewalk next to him he doesn't have the decency to use

This is why people get mad. They cause traffic jams and ride on busy roads as if they can keep up with autos.
>>
>>640312
>sidewalk

riding on sidewalks is illegal in some states.
>>
>>640313
Nah
>>
>>640316
actually yeah. In some states sidewalks are pedestrian right of ways. In my state bicyclists, according to the law, are supposed to ride in the right hand portion of the right hand lane, a minimum of 2 feet from the curb. IF they ride on the sidewalk, they are subject to pedestrian rules rather than street rules, i.e. have to use crosswalks, etc.

The only time i get pissed at cyclists are when they arent following the law (whipping across traffic without signaling, riding the wrong lanes, or the wrong direction) or the one that really pisses me off...when they come to a stoplight, they pass all the cars that just had to slow down to pass him. If you are cycling and you come to a stoplight. you dont go around the cars. You stop at whatever car you were behind when you got there. That is legally what you are supposed to do.
>>
They exist because there are a lot of cunts who ride bikes too. I couldn't tell you which came first, but when I go into the city and see cyclists running red lights, cutting through moving traffic, riding in wide pelotons on busy streets and other shit I can hardly blame people for hating them.

I essentially never run into assholes when I cycle /out/, but a large part of that is probably low proximity to people.
>>
>>640336
aye, very admirable set-up you have there sir
>>
>>640251
Motorcyclist here what a dick that guy is. some people are just horrible and have no place on this earth.

oh what he said about cyclists is true though they are all assholes who hog the road and deserve to get run over
>>
>>640316
In my country you're only allowed to ride on the sidewalk if you're with kids under 12 on bikes.

Ridiculous rule. Down the road from me is a road that is busy with shitty drivers all day and sidewalks on either side that are hardly used.
>>
>>640360

Cops probably won't enforce the law in that situation then. They'd rather have cyclists on the sidewalk than have to clean up a mess
>>
>>640336
I appreciate the quality of that pic. Epic view there.
>>
>pedal bikes
>>
A lot of people don't know that most roads are made for all kinds of traffic, just not cars. I would say I am surprised but most people just worship the DMV overlords without thought.
>>
>>642695
>A lot of people don't know that most roads are made for all kinds of traffic, just not cars.

Nah. They're pretty clearly made for cars. If they were made for "all kinds of traffic" they'd have middle "lanes" for motor cycles and be wide enough to fit both cars and bikes side by side.

Rather, they are made for one line of cars per lane.

And when I say "cars," I mean four or more wheels and a large engine.
>>
>>640312

Pretty much this.

I bike, but I stay the fuck off the main roads unless there is a wide enough breakdown lane for me to ride in.

There are too many assfucks in my town that bike taking up half the god damn road, effectively turning a 2 lane street into one lane. The don't even have the decency to look behind them and see there's a line of 20 fucking cars waiting for the other lane to be clear so they can finally pass.

Fuck bikers. You need to bike? Do it on the proper roads, or get a stationary and do it at home. Fuck off.
>>
>>642701
Like here for example, this specimen is good representation of the ignoramus.
>>
>>640336

>this

In SF they almost passed a law in the last few months that made it LEGAL for cyclists to blow through stop signs, so many of the fuckers were getting ticketed for that shit and petitioned for a law change.

I am an avid biker, but I don't bike where cars have enough trouble dealing with other cars. The simple fact is: if you aren't in continental Europe, where bike lanes are a plenty, you should accept you are taking your life into your hands and you should bike with common sense.

That being said, I'm not one to say "someone should die for X", but all of those fucking spandex wearing mother fuckers who take on 5 miles of up hill on a two lane roads and cause 10 miles of back-up need to be fucking gone from this existence.
>>
>>640294
because a lot of cyclists act like because you're in a car, it's your job to not him them regardless of what they're doing.

i've almost literally killed cyclists before because they've torn through red lights on their faggoty bikes and near on collided with my car. there should 100% be a test required to ride your bike on the road.
>>
I don't ride a bicycle because I get motion sickness in any kind of vehicle, really. I walk everywhere I go and I even live in the country where I have a good distance to go in order to get anywhere. It amazes me that suburban people and city yuppies don't walk more, but that's for another thread.

Anyway, why are people such assholes to those not in cars? It blows my mind, honestly. People say in different threads that they hate people that bike even if they're following the rules of the road and all that, and people have no respect for anyone not in a giant metal machine. I honestly don't get it.
>>
>>640336
This. Most of them seem to be in London. Filming with their fucking cameras, chasing down car drivers to have a go at them, and trying to act like a victim whilst they jump red lights, weave in and out of traffic, sit in blind spots then wonder why they get run over.
>>
>>643036
>there should 100% be a test required to ride your bike on the road.

I wonder how many cyclists actually drive.

I cycle like I would drive a car. A bicycle is a vehicle, not a toy.
>>
>>643104
>I cycle like I would drive a car
So you're able to pedal at 70mph? If not, get out of the lane and ride on the shoulder, fucktard.
>>
>>643115
What has speed got to do with following the rules of the road?

You shouldn't be cycling on a 70mph road desu, at most a quietish 60mph country road, but even then you should be cycling towards the side of the road. Not in the shoulder though it's full of shit.

Cars give me plenty of room when I'm out cycling and I do the same for them.
>>
>>642784
>The simple fact is: if you aren't in continental Europe, where bike lanes are a plenty
They don't use bike lanes even if there are some. They go on the same road as cars, and cycle with zero caution because in here, if a car hits them, the car is responsible no matter what.
>>
>>643102
>2015
>not feigning victimhood

Seriously though in a lot of cases its a catch 22. My cities infrastructure is poorly planned to support cycling. Shit highways, far too narrow. Poor road, many curb lanes particular where you want cyclists are absolutely fucked by pot holes.
I can understand why a cyclist might hop onto a sidewalk for a moment for the sake of their own safety.
But motorists see this as "having your cake and eating it too, " and rightfully so. How can you expect to be treated like traffic if you are traffic one second and a pedestrian the next.
But then again, I blame the city, province and honestly country a little bit more then cyclists or motorists
>tl;dr - it would be easier to accommodate cyclists if you city actually tried.
>>
Nothing like quality american bike lanes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bzE-IMaegzQ
>>
>speed limit 45 mph
>illegal to drive car 8 mph and clog up the road
>bikes always get away with going 8 mph and clogging up the road

living in the mountains with narrow 2 lane highways with no place to pass as the main roads, that's a huge part of my problem with bicyclists. if they could go near the limit i wouldn't hate them nearly as much. so i just use the "as road and traffic permits" loophole to ignore the 3 feet if space law and crowd the shit out of them to pass.
>>
>>643295
So, basically, "I'm a cyclist I shouldn't have to watch where I'm going"?
>>
File: 1447971040396.jpg (188 KB, 571x625) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1447971040396.jpg
188 KB, 571x625
>live on a busy, curvy, hilly road
>bikers like to ride right in the middle of the lane
>always dozen of them going single file too close to pass
>there's a fucking 11 mile bike trail 5 minutes down the road
>I never see any of these asshats on it
>>
>>640251
The guy in the forum post is obviously trolling. The people who are ACTUALLY ruining the "sport" are the douchebag cyclists who don't obey traffic laws and intentially cause traffic problems because they "have a right to be on the road"
>>
>>643302
Bikes are the width of a person and can be easily overtaken.
>>
>>643636
nevertheless bikes require more safety room than a person. A person can tuck himself away on a road to the point were he is nearly inconsequential, a bike cannot.
>>
>>643649
Also they move well above the speed of a person, making over taking them much more difficult.

And while they might be "as wide as a person," they can't travel as close to the side as a person or (as you've said) tuck themselves in to let traffic past.
>>
>>643291
This is one thing that always irritates me as well, watching a guy slowing down traffic driving down the road, then he'll take a crosswalk at a stoplight. Don't know how we're supposed to keep track of them when they follow whichever rule/law is most convenient at the time.
>>
File: 0.jpg (19 KB, 480x360) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
0.jpg
19 KB, 480x360
>>643636
>bicyclist=pedestrian
>mfw

bikes keep to the road, pedestrians do not.
bikes keep moving, pedestrians stop and step away.
bicyclists keep looking where they're going, so i don't know if they know i'm there. pedestrians look at cars.
bicyclists recreationally ride bikes on highways. people generally stick to hiking trails

and have you ever driven on a twisty mountain highway comprised almost entirely of blind corners? it is effectively impossible to safely overtake a bike.
>>
>>640312
Sidewalks are illegal you mong, sometimes people don't want to get off and walk their bikes because walking your bike when you don't have to is considered the height of dishonour and cowardice.
>>
>>643835
Oops
*Cycling on sidewalks is illegal
>>
Where I live they don't pay road taxes, so fuck them.
>>
File: sleepy.jpg (2 MB, 3313x1665) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
sleepy.jpg
2 MB, 3313x1665
/o/ut/?, deefending, Cars?!, SSSSLAP!!, pull itogether MAN!
,, i know,, itscary! chance of realife showing up.
, but your HIGHLY trained in Mora, and paracord attack stratigys!,,
, haveing WON the battle in a Bike vs Fordvan Body slam contest,, im here to tell you, it can, be done!
,, comon,, lets ride!
>>
>>643846
What about the (majority of) cyclists, who also have a car. They pay road tax, fuck them too?

Implementing a road tax for cyclists is completely illogical and the returns would be tiny.
>>
>>643909
My problem with cyclists isn't the fact they dont pay tax, its the fact that every car on the road legally must have insurance. Cyclists do not have insurance whatso ever.

A cyclist hit my car from behind about a year ago and was quite badly injured, he also did alot of damage to my car, (rear brake light, back left panel, bumper and landed on the rear windowscreen and cracked it up). He got an ambulance ride out of there and i had to eat my £600 excess for repairs. As he was uninsured and liable, my insurance company did not peruse him as it wouldn't be cost effective.

I did contact him to wish him a speedy recovery but didnt mention the damage to my car as it would be in bad taste.

Cyclists should have insurance is what i am trying to get at.
>>
>>643961
In the US you could have just made him pay.
>>
>>643291
The biggest offenders of this are fixed gears imo. If I am on my bike I will dismount if I need to go on a sidewalk with people around or make what would otherwise be an illegal street crossing. Since riding a fixed gear is such a hassle they never stop and will just keep weaving and making illegal maneuvers
>>
>>640351
>some people are just horrible and have no place on this earth.

Tends to happen when you lack the balls to drive anything but a cage.
>>
>>643974
>lack the balls
>not have the brains

12 years in ems and another 6 in a hospital have made me very glad i never got a motorcycle
>>
>>643988

I understand and respectfully disagree.

The life-ruining capability is still worth it while I'm young and beholden to no one.

I'm glad my living will explicitly has a DNR order if I become too brain-damaged to make decisions for myself.
>>
>>643993
>The life-ruining capability is still worth

easy to say when you're not in the icu.

>beholden to no one
you don't have family that would be devastated by you getting smeared across the highway?
>>
>>643999
>easy to say when you're not in the icu.
Anything is easy to say when you're not in icu.

>you don't have family that would be devastated by you getting smeared across the highway?

I do but I'm not going to nerf my world for their sake. I'm going to take the proper precautions like good gear, keeping my head on a swivel, planning and positioning myself for defensive maneuvers ahead of time, and not riding like a tit. If someone runs a red and smokes me, so be it. None of us are getting out of this alive anyway.
>>
>>640336
You ride trails with those tires and no suspension? You're gnarly.
>>
>>643988
Are you really on a board about going out into dangerous natural locations often miles from any help, let alone a way to get speedily to hospital, saying that motorcyclists are reckless?
>>
>>644044
yes. pic related
>me in a dangerous natural location miles from any help
>>
>>643295
Because no cop is gonna take those situations into consideration...
Also,
>Purposely wiping out on your bike with no protective gear just to prove a point.
This dude's just a pretentious idiot.
>>
>>640368
Pretty sure >>640360 is talking about Australia, in which case cops do in fact enforce that with a $200 fine too. It seems like police here are always bored or something because they find the most stupid and obscure laws to enforce, most likely for the fine revenue. An example is the courts recently found go pros can't be mounted on helmets because of some law stating helmets cannot be altered and people have been fined for it too.
>>
>>640336
Looks like Crater Lake, Oregon. Amirite?
>>
>>645626
you want a fucking cookie for picking out one of the most recognizable natural landmarks in the country? get the fuck outta here.
>>
>>642701
Did you know that roads (in the US) were first paved because of the League of American Wheelmen? Yes, that's right. Roads were first paved BECAUSE of bicycles. Your argument is now invalid.
>>
>>645629
No, I don't want a cookie. I was going to open up a conversation about camping there with the world's most traveled man by bicycle, whom I built some wheels for, but I forgot that assclowns come to 4chan and shitpost.
>>
>>642701
American cars were originally built to widths that fit the existing roads, which were influenced by railroads and the widths of wagons. Railroads were built to wagon specifications, too, because the first train cars were also built by wainwrights. American wainwrights either came from Europe originally, or learned from Europeans. Those European wainwrights were building wagons to fit a system of roads and wagon ruts that started with wagons in Roman times. So, basically, cars are just given dimensions reminiscent of Roman wagons because that's what the roads already were like.
>>
Reading through this thread and felt like contributing. I'm a poorfag college student and don't have a car. Luck for me, there's bike lanes most places, and sidewalk everywhere else.

Regarding some people's aversion to cyclists swapping from the road to the sidewalk and using the crosswalk: if the lane hasn't separated into a turn lane, people practically run your ass over turning in. Also, shit in the road that can puncture bike tires

Some things that piss me off are people who reach out and slap a cyclist (I've seen it happen), have half their car taking up the lane designated for my slow ass (in heavy traffic), and all the broken glass and shrapnel that gets swept out of the road and left in the bike lanes. Like seriously? Wtf

Having a bell helps, but I'm considering carrying a small air horn for when some car is giving me shit

I think the only real reason I don't buy a motorcycle is that too many accidents involving bikers were completely not their fault and that in such instance, death is very likely. My dad's best friend was killed by some asshole not watching where they were going.
>>
I literally got fired from a job for riding a bicycle there. The guy who fired me was one of those mentally ill "GODDAMN I FUCKING HATE BICYCLISTS" types.

Gotta love "right to work" states.
>>
>>643902
Baconrider how did you escape from /n/?
>>
>>645705
>I LOST MY MOTHER TO A BIKE WHEEL!
>>
>>645731
I know I can't prove the story is true, but it is.

He literally threw a temper tantrum because I chained my bike up to a post outside a trailer we work in on the lot (auction house). He said I had to chain it up off lot or else "it could be mistaken for an auction item". Said that it wasn't his rules, but "the security guards rules"...so I asked security and she said he was full of shit.

He was an alcoholic spic (a "spicaholic", if you will) so idk why it's so hard to believe, lel.
>>
>>645738
What a tosser.
>>
>>640294
California Liberals, man. I've been a gun owner for over 34 years and I've never killed anyone and I'm always on my best behavior and polite when carrying, but I get demonized by the media by being cautious.

Meanwhile, liberal hippies and activist and online sjw's are toxic and throw nasty insults at the drop at the hat and bold faced actually wish the death of others that don't share their views or are 100% backers of their views and threaten violence or encourage others to commit violence for their cause and never take a step back and self evaluate their own behavior and entertain the thought that they might be extremist.
>>
>>645629
lmao get over yourself. I am from the east coast and even outdoors people wouldnt know what the fuck that is.
>>
>>640316
No bro. It TOTALLY is
>>
>>645637
how do you think that'll go

>g-guiz, i briefly met someone no one's ever heard of
>plz tell me i'm cool

>>645829
>least coast
>outdoors
>>>/trash/
>>
File: Walker.jpg (853 KB, 1612x973) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Walker.jpg
853 KB, 1612x973
>>
>>644044
Motorcyclists get torn up on the road. At least innawoods, most accidents are from personal errors/misjudgements. Motorcycle accidents , commonly fatal, are most often caused by other motorists and happen frequently to completely competent riders.
I'd much rather ride innawoods far away from help , rather than gambling my life on the road.
>>
>>640294
I don't hate bicyclists, neither motor or pedal, but some of you guys are cunts. I mean I see bicyclists take up the entire road and make it impossible to go around them. I see them run stop signs. I see them just ride without even looking. They act like they are the same as cars then don't obey simple fucking rules. I live in Washington and its nuts. And I mean not only that, here they took out some lanes for Bike lanes when we have a huge traffic issue.
For motorcyclists, a lot of them just try to weave through traffic.
Generally I have a pre-determined dislike for pedal bikers cause they block up my shit and cause traffic.
>>
>>640294
>I can't understand the vitriol some feel toward cyclists.
Here you go.
>>
>>649535
Whenever I'm sitting in the most comfortable chair I own, listening to my favourite music on a four speaker stereo in the only air conditioned room I have, I am also the least stressed and impatient. Why most other people are at their *most* impatient and angry when they are driving, I'll never understand.
>>
As someone who spent the last year entirely on a bicycle, I can confirm that a lot of bicyclists are self-entitled assholes. Ignoring stop signs ("Idaho stop"), circling in the intersection, biking in the middle of the lane, biking against traffic, biking on the sidewalk, passing and turning without signaling, riding three abreast, these fuckers do it all.

Probably the worst I saw was at a four-way stop in Mt. Shasta, CA. A car stopped at the sign, then started to pull forward. A cyclist rode up the cross street, onto the sidewalk, and then into the pedestrian crossing in front of the car without stopping. As the car slams on the brakes to avoid hitting the bicycle, the cyclist says, "It's a crosswalk, asshole."
>>
>>649633
How many bikers are actually like that though? I've definitely seen a bunch pull stupid shit like that and running lights, but how many more are out there that you don't notice because they follow the rules and are courteous?

I wish I could bike to work once I move back to the states, but honestly I don't think I'd feel safe when I know that most drivers hate cyclists because of assholes like that. Is there any city worth living in in the US that has good bike paths?
>>
>>649643
Better than half of all the bicyclists I encountered on motor vehicle thoroughfares ran a stop sign, biked on pedestrian access, or did not signal when passing or turning. I've seen pretty much no cyclist actually stop and dismount at crosswalks and signs that clearly say "Stop and Walk Your Bicycle." Nobody enforces this shit, so spandex solders simply carry on.

The best biking conditions I had were down South. Nice people, slow drivers, low population density, and decent roads. Seattle is supposed to be a bicycle mecca, but Seattle is a disgusting blight.
>>
>>649643
Same deal with muslims. Enough of them are cunts that they earn a reputation for the whole lot. You'll notice the same thing with different cars, breeds of dog so on and so forth.
>>
>>649549
Honestly that scene is absurd. I don't get butthurt over traffic but when some inconsiderate shit bird is literally holding up the whole works because he's too self important to let others pass when they pile up deep behind them in situations that would earn other vehicles a citation, fuck them. The big problem is that sight right there is something that happens too frequently here.
>>649326
THIS. The cyclists here are absolutely mental, entitled twats and god forbid you hit one even when they are squarely in the wrong. It's ridiculous to the point I don't think they should be allowed to commute on bicycles without a license endorsement and paying for the registration of at least one bicycle. If they had some accountability maybe they'd behave themselves.
And fuck bicycle lanes, how about a decent mass transit system? The sounder is a joke.
>>
>>640312
You know when you're driving in a traffic jam and some assfuck is cruising down an empty turning lane just to cut someone off right at the front? You hate that too I bet.. Yet instead of targeting every single person who drives a car ever, you call him an asshole. Unfortunately, when one cyclist fucks up, it's all of us. I drive a car and ride bikes. As a cyclist I make myself as unobtrusive as possible, and even I have to deal with idiot cyclists doing stupid shit and causing trouble.
Tl;Dr idiots are abundant. You may as well be a misanthrope.
>>
>>649861
It's just the way the human brain works. Bikers are easy to classify as an outgroup, while the asshole in a car is hard to distinguish from other drivers.
>>
>>649857
Bicycle lanes are great when the city planners aren't a bunch of fuckwits who put them in wherever they feel, solely to make a city more "bicycle friendly".
My city recently put in a bunch of "bicycle lanes". They're all between the road and the parking lane, though.
Though, to be fair, these same idiots also put trees and planters and shit on either side of the road at 4 ways and alleyway entrances and shit, so you can't see oncoming traffic unless you're in a lifted pickup.
They call it beautification. Nothing more beautiful than a wrecked car, dead kid, and huge lawsuit I guess.
>>
>>643291
I'm a cyclist and a driver and agree with this completely. I ride sidewalks when there's a lot of vehicle traffic, but give right of way to any real pedestrians, but I prefer to ride roads when there's space because it's a smoother ride.

And as much as I hate CAPS, this is something drivers need to be aware of: CYCLISTS ON FREEWAYS ONLY TAKE UP LANES BECAUSE OF BROKEN GLASS ON SHOULDERS. If you want us off your lanes, fight for stricter drunk driving laws, because it sure as fuck isn't us carrying heavy-ass glass beer bottles on our bikes.
>>
>>649889
Aren't cyclists not allowed on freeways?
>>
>>644004
I tour on roads.
>>645626
Yes.
>>
>>640313
Some. In others it's illegal for you to ride on the road without a designated bike lane. Thankfully, my state is one of these. In fact, you're not allowed on highways at all here.
>>
>>643835
>>643836
Not everywhere you idiot.
>>
>>650019
As a tax payer, I'm allowed to use public roadways.
>>
>>650231
Yes. With a car. Again, isn't illegal to be on a highway with a bike? I know it is for smaller motorbikes, and pedestrians. I would assume it'd be the same for bikers, regardless if they pay taxes or not.
>>
>>640294

There is nothing abnormal about wishing death upon someone.
>>
>>640251

Mountain bikers are worse.
>>
>>640251

If i were to drive my car as slow as they ride their bikes, I could receive a citation.

Story time about me damn near killing a cyclist
>be me
>taking horse in to show
>get stuck behind group of cyclists
>go to pass
>one weaves out in front of me
>move back over and so does he
>try to pass again
>same fucker weaves out again
>go back
>this happens twice more
>pull out for the 5th time now, guy starts to weave again
>fuck no
>hammer down
>guy still trying for it
>blow past him because lol bikes can't go 50mph
>guy panics cuts back into group
>person within group trys to move over
>looses his shit goes off the road
>crashes down into irrigation ditch in a nasty way that calls to mind cartoon violence
>couldn't care less, get horse to show

I still throw shit at them, fucking hate the bastards, go the speedlimit, or get out of my way.
>>
>>650231
That's not how that works in the US.

>>650369
At least in the US that issue is up for the states to decide. Pretty much every state west of the Mississippi allows bicycling on freeways in SOME circumstances. In California and Texas it's only when there is no other safe path (and signs don't preclude it). In Arizona and New Mexico it's pretty much anywhere except for in and around urban centers. In Idaho to South Dakota you can ride on any freeway, anytime.

However, no state east of the Mississippi allows for cyclists on freeways.
>>
>>650369
It is here in CO.
>>
File: nappy.jpg (626 KB, 1477x837) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
nappy.jpg
626 KB, 1477x837
>>
File: pullunch.jpg (199 KB, 1048x522) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
pullunch.jpg
199 KB, 1048x522
>>
>>640294
I know this post is old but if you are still checking back let me tell you why I hate bicyclists. Because they ride two and three or more abreast on a narrow road with no shoulder in a no-passing zone and force you to break the law to go around them instead of riding in single file like considerate human beings. Because they sit at a red light to go straight and suddenly change their mind and decide to swerve into the left turn lane without looking while I'm doing 30 fucking miles per hour right behind them because I have a green turn arrow and no reason to slow down. Because grown ass men can't seem to ride their bikes in a straight line, a skill i mastered as a young child, and constantly threaten to swerve out in front of you or even fall off their bikes in front of you. Because they deliberately seek out the most dangerous roads to ride the bicycles on just so they can get some exercise. 50mph country road with no shoulder, no passing, and blind corners? Challenge accepted. Fuck bicyclists holy fuck. And every time you read about one getting killed in the papers it is always the bicyclists fault. Riding a bicycle on the fucking interstate. Illegal as fuck he deserved it. Riding in the middle of the fucking street while the driver was temporarily blinded by the sunrise. No alcohol involved. Why was the biker in the middle of the street instead of on the shoulder? Because he was a biker, that's what they do. I had a biker one time riding on the sidewalk coming from the opposite direction swerve down off of the curb right in front of me, force me to slam on my brakes, only so he could bunny hop right back up onto the curb. They do that shit ALL THE TIME. Because bikers are assholes.
>>
>>652959
And not only do they deliberately make it difficult to pass them, they also run stop signs to pass you, forcing you to pass them multiple times on a 25 mph residential road.
>>
>>652959
>Because they ride two and three or more abreast on a narrow road with no shoulder in a no-passing zone and force you to break the law to go around them instead of riding in single file like considerate human beings.
I agree when they don't move over, but they wouldn't have the natural inclination to group up and control the lane if motorists wouldn't speed and would learn to pass safely.


>Because they sit at a red light to go straight and suddenly change their mind and decide to swerve into the left turn lane without looking while I'm doing 30 fucking miles per hour right behind them because I have a green turn arrow and no reason to slow down.
Motorists do this as well.

>Because grown ass men can't seem to ride their bikes in a straight line, a skill i mastered as a young child, and constantly threaten to swerve out in front of you or even fall off their bikes in front of you.
Like the geezer I was just behind the other day on the Black Horse Pike? Couldn't decide what lane he wanted to be in, I assume because he couldn't see out from under his veterans hat.

>because they deliberately seek out the most dangerous roads to ride the bicycles on just so they can get some exercise.
Don't know where you are, but I'm from SJ, and there's basically one road you can take to get anywhere. There are no parallel roads. Side roads take you to ass fuck nowhere.

>Riding in the middle of the fucking street while the driver was temporarily blinded by the sunrise.
Sounds like this would be commanding the lane anywhere else.

>Why was the biker in the middle of the street instead of on the shoulder?
Because you're not supposed to be in the shoulder as a cyclist. And ta'boot, the shoulder is filled with bullshit. If you're in the shoulder or against the curb, when you inevitably run into something you must swerve around, there's no space to go, as the motorists have taken it.

You just hate idiots on the road; trouble is, this 'fuck cyclists' attitude kills
>>
>>652967
cont.

It's a very childish 'us v them' mentality compared to a 'no fwair!' whinefest, honestly.

I've had motorists see how close they can some to me, to try and show me a lesson.
I've been ran into the curb while being shouted at to 'STAY ON THE SIDEWALK!' when that's clearly illegal in my state.
While a car would wait behind another while the first car turns left, no problem, I'm met with close swerves and car horns.
I've even been pelted with [what I hope was] open bottles of water in fucking February.

By and large, full-time motorists don't realize the possible repercussions of their actions.
>>
>>652967
Ok, those are some fair arguments except the one about grouping up to control the lane. They do it to be assholes, period. I think the biggest difference is how easy it is to kill a bicyclist compared to a motorist. I have made my living the last eleven years driving and it has come to the point where I am more afraid to pass bicyclists than I am to pass groups of wild toddlers playing on the side of the road. In my experience the bicyclists are far more likely to do something stupid right in front of my truck.

Sucks there are so many shitty motorists yelling and trying to scare you. That's total bullshit. My biggest complaint about bicyclists is how difficult they make it for me to be safe around them. I would never do anything dangerous like the examples you provided.
>>
>>650369
Here in NJ, there are only two state highways where bikes are forbidden, though they are deathtraps along with a bunch of other highways that are not explicitly illegal to cycle on.

Here's a relevant excerpt of our cycling laws, I find them well reasoned:

>A bicyclist may move left under any of the following conditions: 1) To make a left turn from a left turn lane or pocket; 2) To avoid debris, drains, or other hazardous conditions on the right; 3) To pass a slower moving vehicle; 4) To occupy any available lane when traveling at the same speed as other traffic; 5) To travel no more than two abreast when traffic is not impeded, but otherwise ride in single file.

Point 2 is probably the most important I believe, that I'm allowed to take the lane, or move more to the left momentarily, to avoid road hazards (fairly common in NJ), I think drivers should understand that. Number 5 makes me want to kill other cyclists who believe they can ride 2 abreast whenever the fuck they want.
>>
File: Untitled.png (2 MB, 1581x562) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Untitled.png
2 MB, 1581x562
>>653026
>They do it to be assholes, period.
Ah, well, no, that's incorrect. You do it to control the lane, and obviously to maybe have a bit of a chat with your buddies if you're going slow enough.
When a car comes up to you, you really ought to move over and let them by, though. Trouble is, the ubiquitous speeding with motorists and their inability to chill out for even a literal minute.
In a perfect scenario, you're spread out and, given your large shape, a motorist approaching at the speed limit sees you (where he might miss one cyclist), and then while you all move over, a maneuver that should take a minute max, the motorist slows and then everyone carries on their way.

>I would never do anything dangerous like the examples you provided.
Well, cool, then. Thought you might have been a cager from your first post, but turns out you're just a motorist.

>>653049
Sup, fellow Jersey /n/igga

Again, we have a problem with motorist speeding without penalty.
When I went for my six hours of driving instruction, to get my driver's license, my state register instructor told me that I should do five over in residential areas and ten over outside of residential areas. How fucking crazy is that?
There are many roads that I'm 'allowed' on, and ones that I should be safe on, but if everyone is doing forty on a road that's designed to accommodate cars going 25 (Hello, Kings Highway!), it gets dicey real quick.
>>
>>653060
How would two cyclist going from two abreast to single file take a literal minute at most? It seems like it should take a few seconds.
Cyclist A speeds up or slows down, while Cyclist B does the opposite, and merges right. Maybe I'm missing something, but it honestly seems like it should only take a few seconds.
>>
File: 1367387879825.jpg (82 KB, 465x308) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1367387879825.jpg
82 KB, 465x308
>>653124
That's what I'm saying. Even if they fucked around FOREVER, it still wouldn't be more than a minute at the fucking absolute, unrealistic most, but God for fucking bid we slow for even thirty seconds.
>>
File: relax.jpg (353 KB, 1287x965) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
relax.jpg
353 KB, 1287x965
i Never have problems.,
,,Markus (friend) lunges outof a field at me in his Cage. i FAST DRAW! tree fiddy sven,, BIGUN!
, i wave it in the air at Markus (Lets go Shootin!), he laffs and signals "SURE!,
,,,100 yards up the road,,, car pulled over, cowering,, bugeyed Californians!, oo crap,, my bad,,, sorry, just kiddin,,, all ok., wanto go shootin?, no?,
, minute later, PEW pow POW! gethat bottle!
>>
File: checkout.jpg (375 KB, 1078x808) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
checkout.jpg
375 KB, 1078x808
athe lonley McDs drivethru window on a warm winters day,, Kid ," is that a 44Magnum?
, NAaa its just a 22> FASTDRAW (DAMN IM GUD), i flip it in the air catching it by the barrel and hand it to him,, Carefull, its loaded (it wasnt realy loaded),
,,,Newcage with Califonia plates rounds the corner and pulls up slow in line,, in my Mirror i can see the Prim ladies BEAMING>"ooO, Look, its a Gimpy Tard. HOW CUTE!"
,kid hands me my coffee, i tuck it in my box,,, kid hands me my Gun, ii slip in its holster,, look in mirror> LADIES IN SHOOK!! KICKED IN THE BALLS!!
>>
File: peppy.jpg (228 KB, 1287x965) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
peppy.jpg
228 KB, 1287x965
>>
File: minty fresh.jpg (475 KB, 1383x1037) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
minty fresh.jpg
475 KB, 1383x1037
>>
File: Maty.jpg (1 MB, 2465x2121) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Maty.jpg
1 MB, 2465x2121
>>
> going to high school
> stopped at red light waiting for the green
> see the light turn green
> start to peddle then...
> RAM!!!
> I find myself on the hood of a Honda Accord
> women behind wheel is on her cell phone
> she slams on the breaks
> thrown off the hood of the car and onto the curb
> ouch
> girl rolls down window
> Valley Girl Accent: "OH MY GOD, ARE LIKE YOU ALRIGHT?"
> Get up on my feet "No you dumb bitch!"
> "Ok, well so sorry I got to go."
> bitch drives off
> turns out I broke a rib
> I never did make it to school that day...

This bitch got away with it, and if I ever see her again I will steal her car and sell it to a chop shop.

I have been hit by 7 cars in my life while on a bicycle. There is something wrong with this. Only 1 time I totally deserved it.
>>
>>653148
baconstrip u missin half the grip on your revolver?
>>
Hoping people die/trying to hit them is crazy, no one deserves to get hurt for their faggy hobby. But its also hard to be sympathetic when someone does get hurt, the roads are for motorized vechiles not fucking push bikes. Its like someone riding a fucking skateboard in the middle of the street, you look like an asshole
>>
>>653345
Except that I have a legal right to be there and cyclists are mentioned in the drivers Ed book. You're attitude is unacceptable.
>>
>>653530
You forgot that in addition to us (cyclists) having an unalienable right to be on the road, drivers don't share this right.

Their privilege to use the roads is just that, a privilege, which can be revoked for bad behaviour.
>>
>>653330
>I have been hit by 7 cars in my life while on a bicycle

What the fuck, that isn't normal. I know americans are shit drivers but fuck me.
>>
File: watisthisshit.jpg (74 KB, 425x413) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
watisthisshit.jpg
74 KB, 425x413
>yfw there is an entire board on 4chan for faggot bike riders

Worse than /pol/ to be honest my family.
>>
>>653600
JUST REMEMBER CYCLISTS
YOU(200-250lbs of meat and metal)
VERSUS
THEM(0.5-8 TONS OF EXPLOSION DRIVEN METAL AT 100mph)

The law, while having to be respected, also has to take into account that the bike+biker/cyclist will PROBABLE not be here no more after an accident. Remember that you have no actual realtime protection, no crush zones, airbags, seatbelts and such. You and your vehicles mass will always take MORE damage than any vehicles.

Don't bike in the middle of the road, be wary of the multi-ton vehicles of death, and don't piss off people in explosion powered metal cages.

ALSO NOTE, MOOSE WILL DESTROY ALL IN THE ROAD EXCEPT LARGE TRACTORS, COMBINES, and most TANKS.
>>
>>653867
>cages

That's a weird word for it, I'd go with boxes or something
>>
>>649326
Bike lanes usually ease traffic congestion. Adding car lanes makes things worse. See:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Induced_demand#Effect_in_transportation_systems

City design can be unintuitive
>>
File: Mia pupp..jpg (980 KB, 1603x1440) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Mia pupp..jpg
980 KB, 1603x1440
>>
File: 4wheels.jpg (894 KB, 2857x1009) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
4wheels.jpg
894 KB, 2857x1009
g/out/
>>
File: snow.jpg (270 KB, 922x692) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
snow.jpg
270 KB, 922x692
>>
File: multiplex.jpg (828 KB, 1431x1339) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
multiplex.jpg
828 KB, 1431x1339
>>
File: tandem schwinn.jpg (38 KB, 600x450) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
tandem schwinn.jpg
38 KB, 600x450
hop on BABY!!, take a ride on the Wild SIDE!
>>
File: sleigh.jpg (223 KB, 862x420) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
sleigh.jpg
223 KB, 862x420
>>
File: Slay.jpg (514 KB, 1533x961) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Slay.jpg
514 KB, 1533x961
>>
File: dogo.jpg (301 KB, 904x532) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
dogo.jpg
301 KB, 904x532
>>
>>652967
>SJ

as in san jose, ca? if so, what is this one master road you're talking about? because i live on the santa cruz side of the mountains and still know multiple ways to get anywhere in san jose. i bet you're just one of those lazy fucks who just KNOWS one way. but that's fine. keep to the only way you know and stay the fuck outta my secondary routes.

and if you're ever on 9 i'm one of those guys who's going to try to crowd you off the cliff as i pass. feel free to snivel about your "legally protected" 3 feet, but sorry, "road/traffic conditions" made it unsafe for me to give it to you. ;)
>>
>>656241
Not even a bicyclist, but man do you sound like an edgy tryhard fuck.
>>
>>649326
>For motorcyclists, a lot of them just try to weave through traffic.
But filtering is entirely legal and encouraged throughout the civilised world.
>>
>>656262
if you spent the last 18 years driving on narrow winding 2 lane highways where flatland fucks come to bike 3 abreast 30 miles per hour below the speed limit in their stupid fucking spandex costumes like they're in the tour de france with no consideration for people actually trying to live their lives you'd sound just the same

>inb4 umad

you're fucking right i'm mad
>>
>>656395
Again, literally takes seconds to safely pass (Or for someone to move over), and yet there are tons of motorists don't do it every single day, if not every single minute.

>>656241
1) Nice childish attitude, bub. Shame is, there's enough children out there to actually endanger my life.
2) SJ is South Jersey, the other side of the country, if you could follow a fucking story.
>>
>>656397
>new jersey
>/out/

fuck off to >>>/n/ you fucking least coast urban biker faggot
>>
File: IMG_0029.jpg (3 MB, 3264x2448) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
IMG_0029.jpg
3 MB, 3264x2448
>>656409
>look how urban
>>
>>656412
>filthy swamp creek fed by sewage runoff

truly a wilderness paradise
>>
File: 1304459692304.jpg (23 KB, 296x442) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1304459692304.jpg
23 KB, 296x442
>>656415
>he doesn't know about cedar water
>>
>>656437
>cedar water

nice euphemism for stagnant rot juice.

i prefer my /out/ water to be clear and drinkable, not looking like a puddle of ice tea and smelling like fermenting mulch
>>
>>656446
How is that not clear? Put your hand in, you can see right down to the bottom, it just happens to be rust-colored, faggot.
>>
>>656476
and piss is clearer than that shit water. you're saying you'd drink piss?
>>
I dislike cyclists because they think they can skip basic traffic laws, like running red lights and they pay almost no attention to their surroundings (ffs most have loud headphones on and can't hear when you beep at them)

I don't hate them, but I have almost killed several because they don't pay attention to basic traffic laws and don't pay attention to their surroundings (like why the fuck would you pull out in front of a car without even looking behind yourself)

I also realize it isn't entirely their fault, after cycling for a bit most cyclists get runners brain and are seriously a hazard to themselves
>>
>>656506
This is entirely true, if not more so, about motorists as well, and when a motorist does this, it comes with more disastrous effects.
>>
everyone ITT should read this
http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2009/dec/15/cycling-bike-accidents-study

>>656506
especially you

cyclists undoubtedly take the most crap compared to pedestrians and motorists. Also most citys don't have proper cycling infrastructure, which forces cyclists to "take risks". Sure some cyclists are jerks, just like some motorists and pedestrians. It's not really an issue with cyclists, it's an issue with individuals
>>
>>657553
also watch the movie bikes vs. cars
>>
>>657553
My city (Columbia sc) is very bicycle friendly, almost every road has bike lanes or double wide sidewalks specifically for bicyclists. Yet still bicyclists disregard laws wildly. Doing catty corner runs of red lights in heavy traffic. Completely ignoring cars and not looking in their blind spots (I have literally seen bicyclists merging into cars that were sitting still)

Most bikers experience something called "runner's high" which causes them to become oblivious of their surroundings, it is a well documented phenomenon and the only way to counteract it is for a cyclist to know that when they are biking their perception IS SEVERELY impaired so they can learn to take more steps to ensure their own safety

Bicyclists are under the notion they are under attack because they don't realize how dumb they are when they are biking
>>
>>657562
See:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neurobiological_effects_of_physical_exercise
>>
>>656506
gee sounds almost like every user on the road. wait, could it possibly be that we are simply flawed as people ? naw lets just use our handy cognitive biases and pigeonhole a group of people.
>>
>>657562
>>Most bikers experience something called "runner's high" which causes them to become oblivious of their surroundings, it is a well documented phenomenon and the only way to counteract it is for a cyclist to know that when they are biking their perception IS SEVERELY impaired so they can learn to take more steps to ensure their own safety

dude no that occurs after you've exercised for a long time
also stop pretending your anecdotal evidence is fact
>most bikers
really
>>
File: style.jpg (481 KB, 2262x769) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
style.jpg
481 KB, 2262x769
WEeeeHAAAAaa!,
>>
>>657591
See
>>657563
It's not anecdotal
>>
>>657598
see>>657553

it is anecdotal. Runners high does not come after running om a set of stairs for example, you simply don't exercise that hard when biking in a city
>>
>>657598
>>657599
did you even read the article
>>
>>657599
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neurobiological_effects_of_physical_exercise#Anandamide

Anandamideis anendogenous cannabinoidneurotransmitter that binds tocannabinoid receptors.[54]It has been shown that aerobic exercise causes an increase in plasma anandamide levels,[58]where the magnitude of this increase is highest at moderate exercise intensity (i.e., exercising at ~70–80%maximum heart rate).[54]Increases in plasma anandamide levels are associated with psychoactive effects because anandamide is able to cross theblood–brain barrierand act within the central nervous system

Moderate exercise intensity

You idiot
>>
>>657600
Yes, it says that 15% of bicycle accidents are solo accidents that had no involvement from any other party.....
>>
>>657601
even though I still would say 70-80% is too high for most people cycling Anandamide has nothing to do with becoming "oblivious to your surroundings"

>>657603
what about the other 85%? you're ignoring the whole article and cherrypicking the literal single line in favor for your argument
>>
>>657603
my english sucks so I interpret this the same way as you but this cannot be the case, how does a cyclist kill himself involvning no other vehicle?
>>
>>657615
It is the case

Cyclists are a danger to themselves

>>657609
A cannabinoid not making you oblivious to your surrounding?

You've been using too many cannabinoids
>>
>read all 150 replies because it's funny watching people argue about things
>wait a minute
>none of these people are talking about bicycling in the outdoors

The only time I ever really wanted to take up bicycling was when I considered how much more efficiently I could innawoods with them.
>>
>>653925
"Murdercage" is the biker's version of "Carnist."
Vegans and bikers are equally mature.
>>
File: IMAG0603[1].jpg (1 MB, 3264x1836) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
IMAG0603[1].jpg
1 MB, 3264x1836
>>649549
comfortable or not, sporty driving is fun, in particular on that road in LA. If someone is holding up traffic or interfering with someone else, then that's a dick move.
>>640251
I don't hate anyone, there's idiots in both groups. I stopped jogging and biking along the road because people, not sure if it's my state/region/country, but nobody seems able to mind their center line. Pic related. Cars used to drive ridiculously close to me.
>>
>>657622
yep. this really should be on >>>/n/
>>
File: pig.jpg (4 KB, 168x192) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
pig.jpg
4 KB, 168x192
>>640368
>probably won't enforce
b-but it´s THE LAW
>>
>>657674
car drivers are definately the most immature tho
>>
>>640312
>cyclist has no own lane
>forced to ride on sidewalk or road
>somehow cyclists faullt
>>
>>640312

>biking on the sidewalk

You've never biked in your life, have you? sidewalks are NOT built for road bikes. It's even in the names: sideWALK and ROAD bike. Biking on sidewalks is a great way to crash. Also it's illegal, so way to show you're ignorant of laws.

>>643104
>I cycle like I would drive a car. A bicycle is a vehicle

Same. I lowcar and bike commute. I know the laws and follow them. It isn't my fault that entitled cagers think the road belongs to them. They'll even run over pedestrians so they don't have to slow down two seconds.

It's often faster to bike than to drive if it's a short distance (within 2 miles.) Besides that, biking is fun, healthy, cheap, and less stressful. And parking is easier.

>>643302

>8

Try 20 but okay. Also most of the roads I bike on are 25 or 35.

>>649633

I've never seen non-city bikers act like that. I can't be responsible for hipster douchebags on fixies.

>stop bike at crosswalk with light
>hit lights, it blinks for me to go, this means cars legally must stop
>this is a heavy pedestrian traffic area
>cars are stopped a short distance ahead due to a red light anyway
>I start to walk my bike across
>some car tears through crosswalk only to stop 10 feet ahead
>nearly kills me and some other guy who was crossing
>stupid bitch had to stop anyway so what was the point

Oh yeah, cars dindu nuffin, it's them asshole bikers, mang.
>>
>>640251
>>>/n/
>>>/n/
>>>/n/
>>
>>640251
You cunts already ruined /n/ AND the roads, can you get the fuck /out/ of here please. God damn what is it with cycle fagos feeling the need to jam their gay cunt hobby down people's throats.
>>
>>652968
So given all of that....did it occur to you that maybe it would be best to NOT cycle on busy streets? Maybe go mountain biking or go to a dedicated cycle path.
>>
>>653330
You got hit by cars 7 times and didn't realise it was a fucking stupid thing to do?

Are you an idiot or something?
>>
>>653530
Yep. And pedestrians have right of way at all times. Doesn't mean you're not an asshole if you're just walking in the middle of the street.
>>
>>657962
Are you fucking retarded?
>>
>>657962
+1

>>658061
fuck off, faggot
>>
>>653578
>Their privilege to use the roads is just that, a privilege, which can be revoked for bad behaviour.

So, what happens to badly behaving cyclists?

>>653530
>You're attitude is unacceptable.

Go fuck yourself, asshole. I hope you get an 18 wheeler over that holier-than-thou face of yours.
>>
File: motorbike.jpg (40 KB, 900x534) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
motorbike.jpg
40 KB, 900x534
If only there was a vehicle that was both as nimble as a pushbike, and as fast as a car...
>>
>>658120
Still needs gas, which is why I ride my bike .
Yes I'm a poor faggot, and I'm still shipping applications into the void
>>
>>640251

Facebook posts tend to bite people in the ass later

"Hurr durr i aim for cyclists"
>Accidentally hurt a cyclist a year later by pure accident
>Facebook post provides all a lawyer needs to show malicious intent out of context

These things sort themselves out OP
>>
See, the problem with cyclists is they are that annoying subset of people who think "if there isn't a law against it, I can do it". These are the same people who think there should be strict gun control because they have no concept of behaving properly without it being directly forced by legislation.

Yes, you can blast your stereo to 11pm and piss off your neighbours, but you don't because you have respect for others.

Yes, you can ignore your dog and have it bark constantly in your back yard, but you don't, because you have respect for others (and your dog).

Yes, you can buy a Harley and rev the shit out of it in front of open air restaurants, but you don't, because you have respect for others.

And likewise, yes, you can ride your bike on the road, put yourself and others at risk, back up the roads, and generally be a self righteous lycra wearing faggot.

But you wouldn't, if you had an ounce of respect for other people.

That's why everyone hates you. That's why people aren't afraid to abuse you and throw shit at you. Because the simple act of getting in the way that badly and that dangerously shows you have no respect for others, and so you get shown none in return.

So get the fuck off the road, go cycle on cycle paths, and get the fuck back to /n/ you obnoxious, self righteous faggots.
>>
>>658215
Motorbikes use fuck all fuel. If you can afford that little fuel why do you even have Internet?
>>
>>658427
Motorways are some of the most strictly controlled public areas. "If there isn't a law against it, I can do it" pretty much sums it up.

Bicyclists who ignore stop signs, ride in the middle of the lane, ride against traffic, refuse to signal, and ride without lights do so illegally. In many states holding up traffic on a single-lane right of way is also illegal.
>>
>>658215
>125ccs get about 120mpg
>"Too poor to afford fuel."
>>
>>658441
>cyclist breaks the law
>"Don't do that again, please."
>"OK."
>cyclist breaks the law
>"Don't do that again, please."
>"OK."

Wash, rinse, repeat.
>>
>>640251
Fucking kills me down here. Some local club constantly ride this busy narrow 2 lane 10 mile country road with blind corners I
I take home...fucking designated bike path not 3 miles over that not only tracks same route but has better scenery...it's like they aspire to be a suicide cult l.
>>
>>658476
>>658427

AIN'T NO LAW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jvf0WWxrYRM
>>
>>658474
You're absolutely right. The problem with cyclists isn't that they're rude, it's that they have little concern for the law when it restricts them.
>>
File: 30$.jpg (792 KB, 1287x965) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
30$.jpg
792 KB, 1287x965
>>
File: bridge cool.jpg (614 KB, 1625x937) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
bridge cool.jpg
614 KB, 1625x937
>>
File: grow time.jpg (604 KB, 1661x1145) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
grow time.jpg
604 KB, 1661x1145
>>
File: Hola!!!!.jpg (1 MB, 2000x1500) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Hola!!!!.jpg
1 MB, 2000x1500
>>
File: Fred.jpg (1 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Fred.jpg
1 MB, 1600x1200
>>
>>657924
>8
>Try 20 but okay. Also most of the roads I bike on are 25 or 35.

good for you. but when i said 8, i meant 8. it wasn't fucking hyperbole. and on a road where the limit is 45. weaving back and forth across the lane around blind corners because it's steep uphill for ~10 miles, no less.
>>
>>658837
well that's just too fucking bad.
we have the right to do so. your presence on the road is a privilege. Deal with it.
>>
>>658839
>right to be there
>ought to be there

two different things, anon.

but whatever, i'm in 4000 pounds of metal; i make sure their ride is as bad as mine.
>>
File: gunbike2.jpg (86 KB, 640x426) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
gunbike2.jpg
86 KB, 640x426
>>658846
love it when drivers threaten me.
>>
>>658848
a) not yours
b) as if you would
>>
>>658473
>Too poor to afford fuel

>and a $3000 vehicle
>and insurance
>and proper gear
>and maintenance

Yeah. You'll realize there are costs other than just fuel when you move out and can't be on mommy and daddy's insurance plan anymore.
>>
File: steel.jpg (1 MB, 2267x1701) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
steel.jpg
1 MB, 2267x1701
>>
>>658846
This is the real problem I have with motorists. This is not up for you to decide and it's not up to you to enforce anything, and yet drivers do it every day.
>>
>>658933
and as long as faggots like you lack the self awareness to realize that can do =/= should do i'm going to keep trying to teach it, 1 biker at a time.

if it makes you feel any better, i have the same attitude about slow cars, too. The slower you go the closer i get.

>inb4 you'll brakecheck me

no, you won't. the people aggressive enough to seriously brakecheck someone are also the people aggressive enough to drive fast enough.
>>
File: warmsauce.jpg (262 KB, 856x640) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
warmsauce.jpg
262 KB, 856x640
>>
File: edgy3.png (166 KB, 450x300) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
edgy3.png
166 KB, 450x300
>>658940
Way to be a sociopath, douche
>>
>>658940
Godspeed.
>>
>>658947
if you're an inconsiderate asshole to me, i'm an inconsiderate asshole to you. simple as that. sociopathy has nothing to do with it.
>>
>>658952
Legal 'irritation' to you does not warrant dangerous behavior which could put their lives in danger, you fucking five year old.
>>
>>658953
boo. fucking. hoo.
>>
>>658953
Tailgating is legal, isn't it?
>>
File: marketing,,,,,.jpg (269 KB, 811x1167) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
marketing,,,,,.jpg
269 KB, 811x1167
>>658952
>inconsiderate to me
,, ooo my Doge!, i dint know?, what can i do,, to make your day better and Better?, ooo look,, youve pooped your pants again,, time to clean up mister Bigcheeks!,
,,Fukn TOXIC Baby!, how distructive can you get??, ahhh yes,, the Lifted TRUCK!, tear into some virgin desert,, leave your "Mark, for years to come!
,,,, stay in your cage while out? safe from big bad Wuf?,, warm and cozy huffing Monoxide?
, i understand the comfort of /in/,, instant gratification!!,, morphine iso Comfortable!,,
, but ive turned my back on the Breathing tube,, sewed up the Tracheotomy,, rideing when the weather SSSSScuks!
,,,,will some lazy Cager kill me?,maybe. willl they go to jail for murdr?, no., witness>>658957
,, taking humor in shreading , humans,, who /out/
,
,,,,,stayinside,,,,,, or LIVE!

>>658966
its called, drafting.
>>
File: 1427246839444.gif (30 KB, 220x300) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1427246839444.gif
30 KB, 220x300
>>658972
You seem upset.

There is no reason to be unhappy here. We're all friends.

Why don't you find some thread that will make you happy instead of spending your time being angry?

Besides, a bicyclist slowing down an entire lane of traffic deserves to know the full power of an internal combustion engine.
>>
Why do you cyclists do this? Like you know it pisses everyone off and just upsets people, so why cycle on the road? Like you could avoid all the upset you're causing others and all the upset you're causing yourself by just sticking to cycle paths.
>>
File: 1406200913839.png (2 MB, 1600x1200) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1406200913839.png
2 MB, 1600x1200
>>659277
I legally have to be in the road.
As for cycle paths, we don't have them for any longer stretch that a block or so, and at that point, they're even more dangerous.
I've been pushed off the road by a motorist shouting GET IN THE LANE! when there was no lane at all.
>>
>>640336
>>645629
>>646009

>dumb bike cunt shill shitposting on /out/

whats new
>>
>>649781
But from a cagers perspective, these are all good things. Every cyclist has been shouted at to get on the sidewalk. I've had mother fuckers get mad at me for signaling, and come at me with their car, because they thought I was flipping them off. (In fact, I was signaling right, with a signal they'd find in their drivers manual, if we actually made people read those. )
There's no way to win. Being safe in the sense of the law or reason, will piss off a butthurt motorist, which I wouldn't mind, if they didn't have the means to enforce their little preferences.

I'm being asked to follow the law by police who won't enforce it, and I'm asked to break the law by cagers who can and will enforce it.
What do I fucking do?
>>
>>659369

come to the netherlands, we worship our bike lanes.
>>
>>658839
>your presence on the road is a privilege.

Paying for the use of something is now a privilege apparently.

And before you (or anyone else) says something like "most cyclists also own cars," realise that every vehicle needs to be taxed separately. If "You've paid once and now have a free reign" had any weight then I wouldn't need to pay tax for both my car and my motorcycle.
>>
>>658871
>having something that a Vietnamese farmer also has means you're a pampered basement dweller

Whoops! You just revealed yourself to be a silly billy!
>>
>>659627
No, driving is a privilege, dipshit.
>>
>>659637
>a skill that you have to learn, and then pay to exercise
>privilege

Next you'll say reading is a privilege.
>>
File: bike run.jpg (420 KB, 1383x1037) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
bike run.jpg
420 KB, 1383x1037
>>
File: cliffside.jpg (510 KB, 1413x837) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
cliffside.jpg
510 KB, 1413x837
>>
File: fishn.jpg (627 KB, 1493x925) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
fishn.jpg
627 KB, 1493x925
>>
File: dolly.jpg (716 KB, 1330x1086) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
dolly.jpg
716 KB, 1330x1086
>>
File: stupid.jpg (31 KB, 500x377) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
stupid.jpg
31 KB, 500x377
>>659647
D-do ya understand what privilege means, champ?
Driving is a privilege because you don't have a right to it, and you're ability to drive legally can be taken away, not your literal ableness to drive a car, you fucking moron.
No, reading wouldn't be a privilege because no one's gonna say, 'Hey, you didn't follow the reading roolz, smarty pants, no more reading for you!'

If you fuck up, if you can't pay, if you are a retard, and the law is enforced, your driving privileges will be revoked.

>>659707
>>659704
>>659701
>>659691
How's the cold, bacon?
>>
File: jersey.jpg (968 KB, 1200x795) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
jersey.jpg
968 KB, 1200x795
I get the butthurt, road cyclists are typically upper middle class, in great shape, and confident, of course lesser people are going to be upset about this subconsciously. Nobody who pretends to be a tough guy on the internet is the problem though, people like the one in that facebook post and in 4chan threads actually just sit 50 feet behind cyclists afraid to pass then go home and make up stories on the internet. In my many years of cycling the only drivers I've actually had problems with were elderly people.
>>
>>659785
What are you smoking? Most road cyclists are homeless people who are dug riddled likely have serious disease, and look like they are at death's door

Also you are agist
>>
>>659277
>cycle paths
Kek

You must not be from the USA
>>
>>659647
>Next you'll say reading is a privilege.
you're seriously daft if you don't think that it is. Its a privilege modern society and our education system affords us.
>>
>>645705

"Right to work"
> more hours
> for less money
> because American gov't has always been and shall ever remain beholden to big business.
>>
>>659778
So, in fairness, should cyclists be able to be banned from having bikes if they break the law?

And if the answer is yes, how would you enforce it. If the answer is no, then why should drivers see cyclists as equal road users?
>>
>>645705
Working is a privilege that can be revoked at any time.
>>
>>659277
The Netherlands is probably the only country where you can get around solely on cyclepaths.

I live in an English village and use quiet country roads to get around which have very little traffic.
>>
>>659555
You also cycle at 1km/h and have no hills.
>>
>>659908
having an employee is a privilege that can be revoked at any time.
>>
>>659870
You're not using that word in thee same way we are. If you can read, you are privileged, yes, but reading isn't a revocable privilege like driving is.
>>
>>659907
Oh, I see them as equal road users because we are equal under the law, and have all the rights and responsibilities of a motorist.
If you want to pay less, use something less taxing on the road. If you want to be less of a target for tickets, drive a vehicle that can do less personal and property damage.
>>
File: hut.jpg (2 MB, 3230x1569) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
hut.jpg
2 MB, 3230x1569
>>659778
>cold
mixed with grey skys,, and brown fields.
,, thenorth windstart blowing,,, Cutting!, , hunching into the bushs to molest my handwarmer thingy., itsnothat cold.
,,delusion,, fill meup!
>>
File: high4.jpg (2 MB, 3042x2281) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
high4.jpg
2 MB, 3042x2281
>>
>>659933
Actually no in most places after the grace period they must give notice. Legally. All employees mustbe co sidered expendable.
>>
File: bluefoot.jpg (2 MB, 2749x1546) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
bluefoot.jpg
2 MB, 2749x1546
>>
>>643044
It boils down to personal convenience. Cars are nearly the pinnacle of personal convenience. They offer the freedom to go where you want, when you want, as fast as you can reasonably manage.
Granted, cars are awful for the environment, and cost a lot of money to maintain and purchase. People who only ever drive cars as a form of transportation however, get used to the convenience of them, and god forbid something diminish that convenience even slightly.
Cyclist forces you to slow down to 20 km/h for a few seconds or minutes? Oh no, you're going to be 5 minutes late to your destination! It's all because of those damned cyclists. Obviously, all cyclists are unhuman shitbirds that deserve death and genital mutilation, because they inconvenienced you slightly.
I do actually own a car by the way and have to use it half of the year, rather than cycle. But when I do ride my bike, I am very conscious of traffic around me and do my best to make sure that I impact drivers as little as possible. But even being as careful as that, every time I go for a bike ride (no exaggeration) I have drivers passing within inches of me, forgetting I exist and cutting me off or trying to drive into me, or just straight up yelling at me for no reason other than that I am on a bike.
>>
File: 1-12 023.jpg (329 KB, 922x692) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1-12 023.jpg
329 KB, 922x692
>>
>>643902
>Baconrider frequents all the boards I freuqent
Spooky
>>
File: migrate.jpg (106 KB, 541x346) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
migrate.jpg
106 KB, 541x346
>>
File: bewaredabacon.jpg (87 KB, 610x393) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
bewaredabacon.jpg
87 KB, 610x393
>>660348
bacon is my spirit animal
>>
Cyclists damage hiking trails at stupidly fast rates, are more likely to throw trash, and in the majority of my experience don't even bother announcing themselves when they come speeding around a corner.

Fuck cyclists, stay on the paved roads in the cities where you belong.
>>
>>660777
No, don't do that either, just stop cycling
>>
File: rolt.jpg (2 MB, 2834x2126) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
rolt.jpg
2 MB, 2834x2126
>>
>>640251
I don't carry any hatred toward any large group of people, because large blanket generalizations tend to turn people into dickheads.
Most bicyclists are just fine and dandy people that carry the same respect and passion for the outdoors as any bloke. Of course (as with any group of size, anywhere) there are some bad apples. These tend to stick in people's minds, but remember that there are plenty of others alongside them who are fine people.
>>
>>659785
If I saw someone wearing this, I would honk the shit outta my horn.Chances are, he's never seen anyone on a bike shoot a gun either, including himself.
>>
File: 1366063760791.jpg (39 KB, 432x288) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1366063760791.jpg
39 KB, 432x288
>>661214
>no fun allowed
>joke shirts don't exist
>>
>>661467
What? I'm having fun with it too. I wanna see if he'll actually shoot at me

"But your Honor, he honked at me! I HAD to!"
>>
>>661476
Shirt doesn't say he'll shoot, broski
>>
>>661477
It's implied. And I mean, with that particular picture having a gun and some ammo clips. I'm reasonably sure that dude who took it isn't just simply curious how many people haven't seen a gun fired from a bike before.
>>
>>649535
Oh shit, is that a fair lady? Nice.
>>
File: FREEESUK.jpg (906 KB, 1521x1141) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
FREEESUK.jpg
906 KB, 1521x1141
>>661214
>bike shoot a gun
>>
>>661630
>Guns don't kill people
>Bikes kill people
>>
Hello I am looking to buy my first road bike. I know nothing about the topic.

Don't want to spend more than 50-100 bucks.

What should I look for in a second hand beater purchase?

Tips/photos anything would be appreciated.
>>
>>662085
Your average, steel, roadbike will do you and should cost about $120 with friction shifters. (Which are little levers rather than that twist grip shit that's on MTBs or the new shit that's going on, shifting with your brakes)
Talk to us on >>>/n/, we basically have a sticky. It'd be posted if it were just a bike board.
>>
>live about 30 minutes outside of a large city
>local series of roads posted on a city bike forum and people come to ride on narrow ass country roads
>few people killed a year and the occassional story of people on bikes hitting deer
>they have to drive through a large park with miles dedicated paved bike paths to get here.
>>
>>640251
Because cyclists are cunts and you retards don't realize how many problems you cause.
>Hurr durr we're saving the environment and staying fit
No you aren't, you're being an obnoxious cunt.
>>
>>662187
>the occassional story of people on bikes hitting deer

How? Just how?
>>
File: imachine.jpg (375 KB, 1141x856) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
imachine.jpg
375 KB, 1141x856
>>
>>662303
Deer can fucking MOVE dude.
Really it's more the deer hitting you than you hitting the deer. When they're startled, they sometimes go full retard, especially on a road.
>>
>>640351
my only grip is when the guy or gal on the bike, gets off the thing and throws a fit. Doesn't matter if its justified or not, they forget that they are LITERALLY at the mercy of people driving 1/2 to 20 TON Iron/plastic death machines.
Only reason they are alive is that those in said vehicles slow down, see them, and don't do shit to them.

Yeah, states need to allow bikes on sidewalks not commonly used by pedestrians, i.e. pedestrians have right of way for same reason bikes have right of way..... those who get hit by a car/bike going several miles an hour don't get up and tell their tale. AKA dead people cant say they were doing stupid shit or the driver was.

Attitude and culture are big parts of all this. While you have right of way, TRY to put yourself in everyone else's shoes sometimes. If that road you are one has a crap side lane, look for routes with better sides. Those ones are generally lower traffic too. Everyone wins.

Also, seen bike rage on more than one occasion, as well as traditional road rage.
Only difference is that the bike rage tends to involve people bludgeoning vehicles with their own vehicles.
>>
>>640251
I'm not a fan of cyclists but don't mind sharing the road. What pisses me off to no end is that bicycles being street legal somehow leads many cyclists to believe they're entitled to disregard motorists or impede the flow of traffic. Soft/No Shoulders I can patient and wait to pass but when they're straddling the white line on a large shoulder or are in groups passing one another when cars are coming up behind them at 50+mph they're just asking to get struck. I head-check and I've got side-view mirrors on my vehicle so I don't weave out in front of somebody else, why can't they do the same so I'm not slamming on my brakes when they cut from the shoulder into the main lane to pass their buddy?

>>640309
As mentioned above that doesn't even bother me. There is a lot of Amish country around here and that means buggies. A lot of them commute via bicycle as well. None of that bugs me (though it does drive some assholes up the wall). To be a broken record it really is the lack of respect that often coincides with sport cyclists. I can understand the "I'm a target" mentality but being a dick and intentionally acting as a target is no way to improve upon things.

>>640336
This too. Never seen an Amish fellow on a bike disobey a traffic law. The same unfortunately can't be said for your average cyclist. A lot of them want their share of the road without any of the laws that come attached to utilizing it.

>Peletons
Dun learnt me a new word. Exactly what I was describing up top.
>>
>>649535
Car behind him could easily pass him.
>>
Here's what I'd do:

*No vehicle registration OR you only have to register your heaviest vehicle. (In the case of the latter this COULD mean registration for a bicycle. I'd say it doesn't matter because damn few people would only own a bicycle.)

*One driver's license card that applies to bicycles, motorcycles, cars and trucks.
(You'll need to do tests for each. If you get a car qualification you don't get to drive motorcycles with that: it'll just be on the same card if you get more than one qualification.)

This road vehicle tribalism is normie faggotry. These measures would be in place to help minimize the notion on normie minds that people driving different vehicles, at the time they encounter them on the road, means they deserve some kind of punishment.
>>
>>662645
Bro, it's motorists that need to get the 'put yourself in someone else's shoes' gig through their heads.
Cars don't care or think about hazards that don't apply to them.
Just around here, I've been pushed over into a section of road that has long, vertical cracks around it. It's not gonna do much to a car, but that could easily down me if I'm not prepared. Same with being forced into a doorzone.
If you just chill for less than a minute, you'll come to a road you can either turn off on, or wait to pass.

This 'at the mercy of' attitude is some uncle tom bullshit.

>Only difference is that the bike rage tends to involve people bludgeoning vehicles with their own vehicles.
Yes, because when motorists rage, they generally get out of their car and do it by fist...OH WAIT!

>>662662
Well, here's my issue here. Thinking about it for a second, and you'll realize that a bicycle has a lot less potential for damage, to property or body, than a car does. The police have also realized this, which is why you don't see many cops pulling over bikes to give them traffic tickets.
Now, if you're upset with that, ok, but I NEVER see cagers bitch about this from a safety perspective, only a 'NO FWAIR! NO FWAIR!' bullshit attitude. (Especially, again, motorists DO get away with tons of shit every day, and at greater risk.)

Fair =/= Same

It's just not safe for me to wait at a light, when I'm trying to get across and someone is going to be right up my ass, or trying to cut around me (Which a woman once did, then preceeded to shout and follow me around as I zigzagged the blocks trying to lose her before she fucking killed me), or shout or throw things at you while they sit bored waiting for the light to change.
It's safest for me, and it hurts no one but your little fweelings.

>>662665
It also clearly looks like some sort of event.
>>
File: turth-facts-34.jpg (24 KB, 920x434) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
turth-facts-34.jpg
24 KB, 920x434
>>662686
>I'd say it doesn't matter because damn few people would only own a bicycle
It's not THAT small. And you run into problems here with pricing people out of a productive life.
We live in a country that is VERY car-centric in the setup of our infrastructure. (Especially where I live. To take the 'backroads' would put you laughably hours off course.)

There was a time where I needed to find a job and I could obviously not afford a car, but I was down enough that I also couldn't afford the bus. (Which was shit anyway) Walking simply isn't enough, elsewise we'd all be doing it all the time.

If a cyclist hits something hard enough to cause damage to someone or something, extraordinarily rare cases aside, they're gonna be lying in a heap next to whatever they hit. They're certainly not booking away.
Only their production is polluting, and they put nearly no wear and tear on the road.
There's no reason to register bikes, expect for a misplaced and childish feeling of unfairness.

>One driver's license card that applies to bicycles, motorcycles, cars and trucks.
That's what a license fucking is, retard. It'll say on the back what your extra endorsements are, if you have them. (Like a boat.)


>This road vehicle tribalism is normie faggotry.
It's not when your life is taken into someone elses hands' every day, not because it's actually dangerous, but because you annoy them.
I really wouldn't care if it was just some internet bullshit, but this kind of attitude results in shit being thrown, being shouted at, being chased, being run off the road.

I got hit by a fucking truck, had to get 12 stitches in my face to sew my eyebrow back on and the guy didn't even give a single shit.
And guess what? Nothing happened to him, I went to make the police report, for my medical insurance, they didn't really give a shit either. (Despite pretty good description of make and man.)
They asked me why I didn't 'make' him stop, and seems annoyed with me.
>>
>>649863
No he's not, 10 to 1 odds he's in a Lexus, bmw, or Benz. I've never once seen someone drive one of those and not be a colossal shitbird
>>
File: gril.jpg (691 KB, 2773x1341) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
gril.jpg
691 KB, 2773x1341
>>
Up here they spent several million dollars on a bike path to keep bikes off the road. There's still tons of bikes on the road. and its a windy dangerous road. Fuck bikers and their pompous entitled spandex
>>
>>650431
if you throw something at me i'll catch you at the next red and break off your mirror.
>>
>>657960
>>653600
No, I live in the city, where people drive like ravenous cunts. I suppose I should tell you about the other collisions.

> riding back from work
> waiting at a 4 way stop and the light goes green
> I feel this push on my back tire
> I am flipped up onto the roof of a taxi
> I cling onto the roof for dear life for 3 blocks til the next stop light
> taxi driver stops and get out
> this skinny Somali starts yelling at me for denting his grill and hood
> tells me I have to pay for the damages
> I get off the hood and we exchange words
> the man smells like he never took a bath in his life, like straight pungent BO
> I deck him in the face with a right hook
> he is out cold
> There are 2 girls in the back seat
> judging by the fishnet stocking I was assuming they were hookers.
> they whiteness it all
> as I walk away without a scratch to retrieve my bicycle The girls rifle through the taxi driver's pockets for cash and run off in high heels.
> zero fucks given.

And to answer your next question I live in Las Vegas. The majority of the time tourist hit me. But the one time a cop hit me was hilarious.
>>
>>666435
> riding to work
> going pass what I call Fast Food street(literally every fast food restaurant on one strip)
> going right pass the exit to a KFC then BAM
> I am hit on my right side and thrown into traffic
> 2 cars survey to avoid me while I curl up into the fetal position praying they don't hit me
> The older heavier set Vegas PD Sergeant runs out with a younger rookie
> I am bleeding from my forehead after getting road rash
> bleeding profusely as all head wounds do
> eyes literally covered in blood
> Sergeant thinks I cracked my head open
> call the paramedics
> medics strap me to a gurney, give me an IV incase I over heat and take me away
> get 15 stitches over my left eye
> get an CT scan for concussion as well
> I am free to go
> a detective and lawyer shows up just as I am about to be released and hands me some paper work
> the long story short on the paperwork is the police agree to pay my hospital bill, and buy me a replacement bike, if I agree not to sue
> nothing wrong with the bike other than replace the front fork, and tire rim which cost about $100
> get a free bike out of the deal and a cool scar to impress the ladies.

Thank you Vegas PD.
>>
>>666448
Beats where I live.

A while ago there was this scandal where a guy in a wheelchair got hit by a cop car, and then the cops went to his hospital to give him a ticket for jaywalking.

It turned out the traffic lights hadn't been working, both the cop and the cripple had a green light to go, and the cop didn't brake in time because he was texting.
>>
File: boingy.jpg (2 MB, 2408x1806) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
boingy.jpg
2 MB, 2408x1806
>>
File: legs.jpg (2 MB, 2408x1806) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
legs.jpg
2 MB, 2408x1806
>>
File: 1373220515476.jpg (24 KB, 591x534) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1373220515476.jpg
24 KB, 591x534
>>>/n/
Get the fuck /out/

You've already ruined one board, get out of here and go back to your containment board cyclefags.
>>
>>643974
>fugging gagers have no tesdigles :DDDD
how does it feel to have your personal identity that tied up in the kind of transportation you use?
>>
File: 1261968462474.jpg (58 KB, 453x604) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1261968462474.jpg
58 KB, 453x604
>>660952
I disagree with this otherwise reasonable statement. As mentioned previously in this thread, to actually take up cycling and ride of a busy road you have to have a certain level of disrespect for other people straight off the bat. So I think you can generalize and figure that all cyclists are fuckheads, at very least in this avenue of their lives.

I know many cyclists who are otherwise reasonable people but when it comes to cycling they turn into total fuckheads.
>>
>>645738
>an alcoholic spic (a "spicaholic", if you will)
don't strain yourself
>>
File: 1302086385000.gif (985 KB, 170x170) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1302086385000.gif
985 KB, 170x170
>>662946
>Just around here, I've been pushed over into a section of road that has long, vertical cracks around it. It's not gonna do much to a car, but that could easily down me if I'm not prepared. Same with being forced into a doorzone.
>If you just chill for less than a minute, you'll come to a road you can either turn off on, or wait to pass.
Or hang your bike up, and go ride somewhere else.

Stop clogging up commuting roads for people who likely have no other option. You are a faggot.
>>
I used to live in Portland OR and those cyclists were the worst. If a cyclist gets hit by a car, the judge will always favor the cyclist even if they are breaking every traffic law in the book. They will yell at you and threaten you and if you even make eye contact they'll take that as a challenge and grab their u-lock or chain lock. I watched a cyclist ride down the wrong way on a one way street, with a brakeless bike, run a red, get nicked by a lady driving a Prius and then the cyclist acts like the lady was trying to kill him. I love riding my bike but fuck cyclists. Especially you giga-fags on fixed gears
>>
>>666737
look everyone, it's they guy that tells people to "just move out" of their shitty neighborhood
>>
File: 1274439931327.jpg (9 KB, 251x209) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1274439931327.jpg
9 KB, 251x209
>>666743
So you think /out/ is a shitty neighborhood? Get fucked cyclist.

I imagine you'll take the same mindset to this as your obnoxious use of roads so I am just going to skip the whole display of entitlement and just go ahead and call you a faggot.

Get out faggot.
>>>/n/
>>
File: 1271495621107.jpg (114 KB, 570x777) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1271495621107.jpg
114 KB, 570x777
>>666743
Actually that post is doing the exact opposite. It's saying some people can't leave their shitty neighborhoods so you should stop making it harder on them by clogging up their only routes to work/food/entertainment/etc.
>>
>>666746
>>666747
not even the guy one of you responded to, but I obviously hit a nerve
>>
File: 1300506240035.png (32 KB, 500x400) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1300506240035.png
32 KB, 500x400
>>666748
Or one guy is just bored and shitposting.

Just by existing you cyclefags hit a nerve. Which is why we want to hit you with our cars. You are scum.

Again,
>>>/n/
>>
>>666751
>>>/out/
wait, fuck
>>
>>666751
>>>/trash/
>>
>>666772
>>666769
>>>/n/
Cycling board is that way newfriend.
>>
>>662946
>It also clearly looks like some sort of event.
Nope, just a typical weekend on Mullholland Drive.
>>
>>665101
It'll be easier for me to prove you broke my mirror than for you to prove I threw something at you (not that I would).
>>
File: crowd.jpg (488 KB, 2555x876) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
crowd.jpg
488 KB, 2555x876
just 7, more, posts,, and were THRU, with all this being outdoors stuff! whew!, Quick, BACKIN the CAGE!,
,,/out/,, defending \o/?,,,,, sosad.
,, dontyou have a dolphin toshot?
>>
File: gooshygoo.jpg (957 KB, 1878x1345) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
gooshygoo.jpg
957 KB, 1878x1345
>>
>>666737
Riding a bike was my only option at the time.
I have a job to go to and things to do as well, you're not special and it takes zero effort to not send me into harms way.
If you really can't take it, it's takes much less of an effort on your part to just make a left or right at the next corner.

>>666746
Due to the relative ease, it's more selfish for you to expect a cyclist to take a potentially longer route.
Like I've mentioned before, taking an alternate route where I live can take you nearly a hour of of your way, while a motorists has other options.
>>
>>662953
>That's what a license fucking is, retard. It'll say on the back what your extra endorsements are, if you have them. (Like a boat.)

It never occurred to you that this might not be the case in other countries and you are calling people "retard?"
>>
>>666927
We've been talking primarily about the United States the entire time, from context, retard.
>>
>>666514
dash cam recorded everything. I had the right of way.

> riding to get lunch
> 1/2 a block from my favorite sandwich shop
> WHAM!
> hit in the back by a convertible
> flipped up and over the windshield
> land in the back seat
> 4 girls in the car
> did I die?
> is this heaven
> "Well, Hello Ladies."
>>
what's the bump limit here? 310? let's find out.
>>
301
>>
302
>>
303
>>
304
>>
305
>>
306
>>
307
>>
308
>>
309
>>
testing 310
>>
Bump :^)
>>
>>640316
Yeah
>>
>>659277
>cycle paths
you mean where random sharp detritus collects? no thanks.
>>
>>669045
>where random sharp detritus collects
Normally we call that the shoulder here. Cycle paths are generally short stretches of former railroads which travel between nowhere and nowhere else, leaving you to deal with roads in order to actually get anywhere.
Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 75
Thread DB ID: 437776



[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vip /vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the shown content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows their content, archived. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content, then use the post's [Report] link! If a post is not removed within 24h contact me at [email protected] with the post's information.