[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey, /out/ So I've been looking into alternative / intentional

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 278
Thread images: 40

File: blueb8361.jpg (75KB, 639x511px) Image search: [Google]
blueb8361.jpg
75KB, 639x511px
Hey, /out/ So I've been looking into alternative / intentional communities a bit now as it seems much better an option than just going innawoods.

Homesteading isn't really possible in my region anymore. Bugging out seems too sketchy for me. Bushcraft is beyond my skill level, and I don't have enough money or resources to start a community myself so...

Is this a good option? There are so many variations of them.

I'd love to hear everyone elses ideas on "intentional communities"!
>>
>>353297
I lived in an ic. The deal is 16 hours a day in the field and you get a roof over your head and food in your belly.
>>
>>353308
You can get that for a lot less hours with simple WWOOF'ing websites.

Did you not gain anything on top of your food and temporary shelter? I feel like for 16 hours you really ought to be getting a lot more than that. All you'd have time for in that situation would be sleep.
>>
>>353314
I want clear. Sorry. 16 hours in the field gets you a cabin in the woods with a stove, out house, girlfriend and electricity. Also 24 hour access to a community house complete with a propane stove, hot showers, food, internet, and a car. Plus access to the wood shop, forge and the art studio. So yeah 16 hrs wasn't so bad.
>>
>>353314
I have a friend with a wwoofer farm.
They just ask for 5hrs a day.
>>
>>353319
But when would you ever have time to use any of that?
>>
>>353334
I meant 16 hours a week not a day. sorry Anyhow the one I went to was outside of galway NY
>>
>>353319
Like, they actually provide you with a woman when you arrive?
>>
>>353343
Yes but they are young and small breasted like pic related.
>>
>>353341
16 HOURS A WEEK????

WHERE DO I SIGN UP?
>>
File: 0849.jpg (347KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
0849.jpg
347KB, 1280x720px
>>353343
No it just kinda happens. I got invited to live in an IC I meet a girl and nature took it's course
>>353345 Yeah they wont look like models or anything,but they are nice.
>>353347 You kinda gotta know someone, but some are actively looking for members.
>>
about how long does it take for one of these to turn into a religious suicide cult?
>>
>>353368
There is no leader. So no figure head. So no cult. Just a few boring ass community meetings.
>>
my transgender sister lives on an ic in tennessee called Ida, for queer folk. it's a cool place.

she's built a house there pretty much singlehandedly.
as an engineer i'm very impressed by the craftsmanship.
>>
How is 16 hours work supposed to be a good deal unless you are an insomniac?
>>
>>353437
>8hrs sleep
>insomniac
>>
>>353442
in addition to having a life
>>
File: 983475.jpg (1MB, 1600x1280px) Image search: [Google]
983475.jpg
1MB, 1600x1280px
>>353446
>8hrs in bed with small breasted gf
>no life
>>
>>353442
Eating, showering, shitting, shaving.

Let's assume these things don't exist. If you are awake just 15 minutes during your eight hours off you are getting 7 hours 45 minutes sleep. Less than eight hours sleep after sixteen hours work is not healthy.
>>
>>>353341
>>353437
>>353446
>>353453
16 hours a week
>>
>>353308
Sorry, I'm unclear, what do you mean 'in the field'? Working?
>>
>>353453
>is not healthy
8 out of ten physicians agree, getting trolled is bad for your health.
>>
>>353458
We have some gardens. Some crops we sell to pay for the land. Others we grow just for us. usually we are done before the heat of the day kicks in and we drive to the lake to cool off. No central ac by the way.
>>
Some friends and I are trying to build an ic, I'm about to move on site; we rent the land from a local for $2500 per member with unlimited electricity/water/internet.

How do most intentional communities sustain themselves (beyond growing food)?
Most have a workshop I've noticed, what do they sell? How to they usually bring money in?
>>
>>353463
Personal money? Well you have to have some kind of craft man skill. We had one guy who made knives and sold them online. I found a job out side the IC. Another guy was a writer. My gf was an artist, and made wine. We also had some community money we all got a vote on how to spend it. Honestly you don't need that much. $5,000 a year per person should be more than enough.
>>
>>353448
Still hasn't got her laundry in/10
>would not bang
>>
File: capture1.jpg (135KB, 867x688px) Image search: [Google]
capture1.jpg
135KB, 867x688px
Its the best way to live in my opinion.
>>
File: sc18.jpg (186KB, 565x848px) Image search: [Google]
sc18.jpg
186KB, 565x848px
>>353470
Peaceful generally happy women you meet in small safe communities. Are way better than the entitled money hungry silicone enhanced women you see on the streets. Plus they love going /out/.
>>
File: Capture.jpg (141KB, 866x695px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.jpg
141KB, 866x695px
>>353477
Here here.
>>
>>353467
What did you do?
>>
>>353478
I know that girl
>>
>>353479
I installed pools.
>>
>There are so many variations of them

What does this mean? They different ways they work? Are most religious or...?
>>
File: 9087987.jpg (415KB, 1232x871px) Image search: [Google]
9087987.jpg
415KB, 1232x871px
>>353478
They'll do anything for you, even if it means getting their feet wet.
>>
>>353483
Yeah they kinda specialize.
You can pick and choose. Do you prefer
christian, lgbt, Muslim, hippie, redneck gun nuts, Buddhist, nudist,artist, hipster, vegan, veterinarian, or back to the landers. Most are not religious and are perfectly safe. Just stay away from ICs with singular leaders. Those are never pleasant.
>>
File: RG2012_343.jpg (91KB, 453x604px) Image search: [Google]
RG2012_343.jpg
91KB, 453x604px
>>353486
I prefer this kind. What are they called?
>>
>>353491
They are called rainbow families or rainbow tribes. Basically small ICs around world who come together once a year and party in a national forest. Those are my favorite too.
>>
Shit looks pretty dope
>>
>>353474
>>353361
wow nice photo shoot. even has the instagram filters and everything

they look so cultured and original, wow
>>
where do you actually find information about ICs?

do you think they would welcome travelers for a night's stay?
>>
>>353497
What country/state are you in?
>>
>>353499
southern california
>>
>>353501
Ok 1 second I'll find out
>>
>>353501
Here you go.
http://www.ic.org/directory/listings/?cmty-country=United%20States&cmty-state=California
>>
>>353496
Come off it.
>>
File: 1335491572122.jpg (20KB, 380x347px) Image search: [Google]
1335491572122.jpg
20KB, 380x347px
>>353508
I know I sure will
>>
File: 1261432608601.jpg (17KB, 264x282px) Image search: [Google]
1261432608601.jpg
17KB, 264x282px
>>353517
>>
So whats daily life like in an ic?

What is it about ic that you miss out on in 'normal' life?

What do you feel you miss out on by living in an ic?

What about conflict, is it common, how to avoid/resolve it?

How are community decisions made?

What kind of people are you likely to find in an ic?
>>
>>353297
Find out where the next Starwood festival is being held (last one was last week, next one is next year). Sign up and pay. Travel and have a vacation at the event. Meet and greet people that actually do all the stuff you are talking about and go from there. They have outdoor classes about intentional communities a lot of times, but check to make sure. Regardless, a lot of people from there are from such places or looking for people to start them up.

Be warned, the festival is open to anyone, but mainly caters to Christian, pagan, well, the list is forever just lots and lots of multicultural people. I even saw a group of hardcore skinheads the last time. Everyone seems to get along really well. And, the event is normally skyclad friendly, which means nudity. There's always cool shit for anyone and any type. You'll find tons of people that know all about all the other festivals and events from Rainbow to Pagan as well as planned communities.
>>
>>353587
continued

Anyway, just check out such festivals first and test the waters. Then you can make an informed decision.
>>
>>353389
Yeah but she is actually a dude right?
So not as impressive as if a human born as a woman did it.

Not anti gay in any way just anti woman.
>>
So other than ic.org and the wwoof website are there any other directories of ICs?

According to ic.org most of the established ICs in my state are faith-based hardcore christians, and I don't meet that criteria.
>>
>>353448
>small breasted
>implying there are breasts there at all
>>
>>353583
>So whats daily life like in an ic?
Wake up. Love on your girl. Get breakfast. Go to work. Get off work. Explore the woods. Bathe in the creek. Get dinner. Go home. Love on your girl. Go to sleep'
>What is it about ic that you miss out on in 'normal' life?
Simplicity.
>What do you feel you miss out on by living in an ic?
Toilets that flush
>What about conflict, is it common, how to avoid/resolve it?
Yes. And usually they resolve themselves.
>How are community decisions made?
One person one vote
>What kind of people are you likely to find in an ic?
Depends on the ic you go to.
>>
>>353760
No sorry. The really good well established ones don't advertise. This prevents shady people from showing up, You kinda gotta socialize your way in. Try going to a rainbow gathering or potluck and meet people.
http://www.welcomehome.org/rainbow/
Ask around and don't let anyone tell you you don't wanna live in an ic.
>>
>>353843
Not this poster, but there's more than just the national rainbow gathering. There's regional gatherings that take place all over the country and at various times. There's one in Vermont starting on the first.
>>
>>353297
Thank you, based /out/
>>
>>353860
looks like I missed the regional gathering in my home state two months ago

I guess I'll have to try next year.
>>
File: amish_3.jpg (152KB, 600x445px) Image search: [Google]
amish_3.jpg
152KB, 600x445px
>>353958
>homeless losers

These things can be rectified.
>>
>>353361
Are you sure you weren't involved in a cult?
>>
It seems to be the case that most of these IC's either want you to purchase a house that they already have built or to take care of (for the most part) the building of your own home. However, this appears to mainly just be for the IC's that want to maintain a somewhat modern lifestyle.

The hippie-esce ones, on the other hand, are proving pretty hard to find. I guess there wouldn't be compooters out in forest. Still gunna keep searching though.

>Festivals
Yeah those are cool and all. But that's not exactly an IC, though I wouldn't doubt that a lot of people who attend some of these festivals are parts of IC's themselves, or go on to joining one.

>References
It seems to mainly be that ic.org website at the moment. With a careful choice of words on a quick Google search you can easily find specific IC websites though.
There's also www.resilientcommunites.com But it's not a directory. More of a article-based how-to website.

If anyone has any more information to share, it'd be much appreciated!
>>
>>354105
Yes I'm sure
>>
>>354111
Here's a forum.
http://www.permies.com/forums/f-6/intentional-community
>>
>>354111
Organic farm intern.
http://fullbellyfarm.com/internships/
>>
In the next 50 years I think millions (billions?) of people will move out of the cities into these kind of communities.

You can imagine why, by that time.
>>
>>354111
>The hippie-esce ones, on the other hand, are proving pretty hard to find. I guess there wouldn't be compooters out in forest.

I don't imagine they want just anyone coming out of a look.

There is a community not far from me (listed on ic.org). They do have computers and the founders are getting on in years now. I don't know a whole lot about them but the ones who I have met seem ok.

I think the mass transport and information age has devalued community spirit significantly. Taking care of each other is becoming something of a lost art.
>>
>>354124
>hippies
>taking care of one another
top kook
>>
>>354124

>Taking care of each other is becoming something of a lost art.

Yeah, I'm finding that to be quite true as well. Even family values are belittled and thrown away by a great majority of the Western world and probably some Eastern as well but I'd assume to a lesser degree.

>>354112
You're probably the same fellow as above but how did you find that whole "16 hour" IC you originally spoke of? Did you just stumble into that one by some ounce of luck or did it take dedicated research to find out about it or somethin' like that?

Thanks for the links btw
>>
>>354150
I met someone at Washington rainbow gathering. About a year later I got an invite asking me if I wanted to join an IC. I just lost my job. I didn't have a care, and I had nothing better to do. So I hiked to NY to live with the hippies.
>>
>>354150
>even family values are belittled
they're belittled because people use "family values" as an excuse for fucking everything
>>
>>353969
8 dead amish in 3... 2... 1...
>>
>>353491
they look like lesbians
are most lesbians
my bi sexual ex gf wanted to go to an IC with a bunch of her lesbian friends
>>
>>354216
Most are straight. They have lgbt ICs that don't allow straight people living there. Kinda like a utopia but for fags.
>>
File: 34218_10.gif (86KB, 620x395px) Image search: [Google]
34218_10.gif
86KB, 620x395px
>>354208
What are you shitting me? They know their thing so well that watching them is like watching a shoal of fish.
>>
>>354253
They better do. At the first mistake they will be fucked hard.

When I work, the job start being done slower after more than 4 people at the same place. There is no way one hundred people on a roof can work efficiently.
>>
>>353297
>that grill

hnng.

Are there any ICs that specialize in getting stoned and listening to doom metal? (Satanic orgies are a plus, but I don't expect to find the full package).
>>
>>354289
there might still be a few hippie communes left around that still hold to the ideals of "free love" (orgies and new partners every week) but they're probably full of old geezers whose time is past. I wonder how that works if they have a lot of children.

I saw a listing on ic.org with a BDSM tag, though, so who knows?
>>
File: GS8WXkv.gif (487KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
GS8WXkv.gif
487KB, 500x375px
>>354294
>BDSM
>>
>>354256
You should watch a video of a barn raising. They work pretty fucking efficiently and with minimal injuries
>>
>>353478
>>353481

Omg what the fuck.. is it Rita?
>>
File: 17tqpfs4xtxr3jpg.jpg (23KB, 320x255px) Image search: [Google]
17tqpfs4xtxr3jpg.jpg
23KB, 320x255px
>>354294
Communities like that have a way of wiping them selves out normally.
>>
Is it like a couple alpha dudes fucking everyone's bitches chase I live with a bunch of hippies and that seems to be what's going on
>>
Is this mainly an American thing or do we have I.Cs in the U.K?

I would fucking love to join one of these community's the only thing that puts me off is all the fucking lazy hippies.
>>
>>354668
There's a fair few here, the well established ones will be in the directories.

The new ones popping up seems to be young people with energy and ideas.

Whats wrong with being a 'lazy hippie' anyway?, if you can be lazy while living in a self-reliant way, why not? isn't that the ideal?

Being a lazy dependent societal parasite on the other hand, that shit is deplorable.
>>
>>354366
I think that's her name. Half black half white from the sw
>>
>>354673
Yeah that's totally the idea. I guess I meant the idea of your stereotypical vegan hippy. Just read a I.C and one of the rules was pets can be fed dog foods with meats,but you must dispose of the packaging away from the I.C!

I'm about to have to sell a flat I was buying a few years ago and was thinking about joining something like this as I'll have a few thousand pounds. ideally I'd like to live in a caravan or cabin somewhere or even build somewhere.
>>
>>354673
How'd you find the new ones with young people energy and ideas, I like the sound of that?
>>
>>354685
There were people posting all over this site about forming one last year or so.
>>
File: feel kalles.png (4KB, 200x300px) Image search: [Google]
feel kalles.png
4KB, 200x300px
>>353319
>girlfriend

Just 16 hour work for a home with gf?

S-sign me up.
>>
>>354682
>>354685
As has been said you sort of have to know someone. I'm part of an ic and we don't exactly advertise, invite only.
We are actively looking for new people but we have a tight jackass filter 'screening process' I guess you'd call it. We have no set criteria but its implied, for instance we probably wouldn't invite anyone who was pro military or owned a gun.

Some ics welcome all comers but some are trying to establish a certain environment, which is understandable no? you would only want to surround yourself with positive people that you like.

Ics are popping up all over Greece and Spain atm, mostly headed by younger people moving out to the country to re-skill themselves in self-reliance. Given the unemployment rate for under 35's and general lack of opportunity in those countries its not surprising.

This anon has an insight
>>354119
I think as economic turmoil spreads over the coming decades and the inevitable civil unrest grows, more and more people will be looking to join or start safe and supportive communities.
>>
>>354695
>owned a gun

How the fuck do you hunt?

Man I was psyched about this, until you've mentioned that these people really are hippy dippy retards
>>
>>354695
>we probably wouldn't invite anyone who was pro military or owned a gun.

Full retard.
>>
>>354699
>>354700
Only some have rules like this. There are plenty of communities that wouldn't care either way, and there are definitely many that are pro-hunting and all own guns (especially in the states), that's just not us, don't take it as writ.
>>
>>354702
I find it amazing that anarchist communes can be against gun ownership when anyone with half a brain realizes that they are just tools and super important, just like kitchen knives, hammers, saws and buckets.

How do you feel personally about it? Obviously being part of the community is worth being disarmed to you, but would you be happy(er) in a more pro-gun commune?
>>
>>354695

I think what I'd like is to own my own small holding, but unfortunately land is expensive as fuck in the UK, even more so if you want to live on it. So I'm having ideas of either joining one of these communes or maybe starting one. I should have around £30000 and ideally if I found the right property (old farmhouse with land) and the right sort of people we could all chip in and buy a farmhouse and work on that and the land.

I guess I sounded a little bit narrow minded there. Of course if you are a vegan you'd want to coop with other vegans, with similar outlooks on life, the same as I'd like to coop with other people interested in smallholdings, from any walk of life and beliefs.
>>
>>353478
IT'S

HEAR HEAR

LIKE "EVERYONE HEAR HEAR WHAT DIS NIGGA JUST SAID"

NOT "HERE HERE"

HERE HERE WHAT?

HERE HERE DOGGY?

HERE HERE LASSIE?

GOD
>>
>>354712

Thank you for the linguistics lesson Professor DeKendrix.
>>
>>354712
>>
>>354707
Well, gun ownership is not common in my country due to it being illegal and all, so I understand that if you are American(?) it probably seems odd, but its kind of a non-issue in the first place. If someone goes to the lengths of personally owning a gun here it usually implies that they're a bit mental in other respects.
Same goes the military stance, it just ends up causing friction and contention in the community. Just doesn't work out.

Since you asked, personally I don't support bloodsport, and I'm anti-killing on ethical grounds (though I'm not educated on the issue of culling, so I'm ignorant in that respect.) so I probably wouldn't be happier in a pro-gun commune since we ultimately just wouldn't hold or support the same values.

>>354711
It happens more than you'd think, I heard of 60 people (strangers) buying out a huge woodland in England recently. A hutting community in Scotland recently bought the land they occupy. What you speak of is quite common and definitely in the realms of possibility, it just comes to getting to know people interested in doing the same and planning well, that's how things happen.
>>
File: 1285593589362.gif (11KB, 730x413px) Image search: [Google]
1285593589362.gif
11KB, 730x413px
>>354718
Fair do's m8
>>
You guys should check out the Ubuntu Liberation Movement they figured out a way to do it without money
>>
>>354718
>Well, gun ownership is not common in my country due to it being illegal and all, so I understand that if you are American(?) it probably seems odd, but its kind of a non-issue in the first place

Ehh, I can understand that state brainwashing has got to people in your country, people just need to remember that states love to disarm people in order to control communities just like these and there is literally nothing wrong with guns or gun ownership.

UK actually.
>>
>>354769
It's a double edged sword.
Me having shotguns for sport and pests is one thing.
Not sure I want to live in a land where Tyrone and Jamal can be carrying around a 9mm "Just in case Bruv innit".
>>
>>354699

My cousin did one of these she told her mom she was working on her skiing and snowboarding, not sure what she thought she was going to do with it, an instructor maybe, she sure as hell wasn't going to be professional. Anyways, she lived off mommy and daddy for a few more years after college always asking for money. For all the talk about "sustainability" they went out to eat and bought from the grocery stuff just as much as they ever got anything from their garden. All nogunz trustfund hippy fags, so they never had any meat unless they bought it from the store.

if you're a male that should be a real fed flag right there on all this BS, how can you be sustainable if you aren't even preparing your own meats? Inb4:

>I don't eat meat.

Get the fuck out of here.
>>
>>354119
Just like they did to communes in the late 60s/early 70s. That turned out well.
>>
>>354766
No thanks I'm already using Gentoo
>>
>>354797
That was all a voluntary movement, I'm talking no other options.
>>
>>354797
everything the boomer generation touched turned to shit. I would hope we have made a little progress since then
>>
File: The_Beach_film.jpg (31KB, 300x443px) Image search: [Google]
The_Beach_film.jpg
31KB, 300x443px
ITT: delusional people who have watched too much The Beach
>>
>>354831
>living in secret on a remote Thai island wouldn't be tight

Just avoid drug cartels and sharks, obviously.
>>
I'd rather live with a tribe of spiritual people rather than "spiritual" hippies.
>>
People who claim to be 'spiritual' and 'in touch with nature' bore the shit out of me.

I'd rather a life of skipping through different countries in the developing world, I like the risk and the culture, living with a bunch of ultra-liberal shitheads would grind my gears.
>>
I've got close to 10 people along the east coast who want to form an IC in about a year after some of is graduate college. We are along the east coast and are looking to form or join a group in Appalachia or out West somewhere. I'm visiting a few self-sustainable places in Ohio in a few weeks. I have an ad on ic.com and I'm renewing the ad in a day or two. Find it and send me a message if you're interested.
>>
No thanks, the white people are not made to go revert back living in shitty african-conditions. Hell even 2000 Years ago, the greek and romans lived more comfortably than africans or those shitty rainbow kids nowadays.

Sage thread
hide thread
>>
>>354837
>muh chemtrails
fuck hippies
>>
If those people went 48 hours without hallucinogens they would run back to the big city.
>>
>>353319
Nigga are you in a cult?
>>
File: IMG_0099.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0099.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
>>353308
How does it feel being a nigger?
>>
>>353376
I'm going to go and I'll be your new leader. And you're going to do what I say you beta fucc boi
>>
>>353463
>$2500 per member

really?

So there's jews fucking retarded goyim indaawoods to
>>
Those people imitate nigger hair with those dreadlocks

no i don't want to look like a nigger
>>
>>353308
Wow, I bet they beat you too if you tried to sneak out any food for yourself. Sounds like slavery to me.
>>
>>353843

why would anyone tell my I don't want to live in an ic.
>>
>>354862
16 hours a week.
>>
File: barricade-paris-1871-3[1].jpg (1MB, 2367x1600px) Image search: [Google]
barricade-paris-1871-3[1].jpg
1MB, 2367x1600px
>>354707
>anarchist communes against guns

Do not call that a commune.
>>
>>354858
>Stupid goy thinks he can get something for nothing
>>
>>354707
>anyone with half a brain realizes that they are just tools and super important
name 1 thing besides killing a gun can do
>>
>>354885
not killing, hunting, food to survive.
and protection
>>
File: illuminatihippies.jpg (124KB, 867x688px) Image search: [Google]
illuminatihippies.jpg
124KB, 867x688px
illuminati
>>
>>354882
>French government slays 20,000 of its own citizens
Wow.
>>
Im in Nepal right now in the process of building an intentional community. If you can keep the hippies out and keep it relatively small these things can be quite interesting. I went to a world rainbow gathering in Thailand years ago, and personally I can say that 'society" like any other society was mired with its problems. One kid from Norway got fucked up from taking too much acid, another couple from USA gave a natural birth in the jungle and the baby died later that day... At the end of the day, these places make for better tourist destinations than real alternative living places. You can also sell nature to yuppies and make good $$$$
>>
here is my plan

>live in community
>nobody hates nobody
>no leaders
>no religions
>we would have to work for staying alive, so plant crap and weed
>keep it clean of hippies, other leftist scum (there would have to be some joining interview)
>fuck whores
>smoke weed all day long
>eat, fuck, sleep

and after few years
>we would sell our weed to non-our people, so we would have some money to keep in touch with real world
>there would be income of new people and old ones who would get bored leave, so new whores to fuck
>from money we would build pc gaming room, i would play wow/dota2 all day long, smoke weed, fuck, eat
>i would buy my dream bike (only one thing i want in life)
>government is going to shut us down
>pack my crap and leave that shit community, tell on them they plant illegal weed etc etc
>they all got lifetime sentence
>but I already live in uruguay, with my bike and weed

whos in?
>>
File: HistoryOfParis.jpg (105KB, 825x767px) Image search: [Google]
HistoryOfParis.jpg
105KB, 825x767px
>>354910
Not what happened.

>Napo 3rd, retardest leader ever fuck the army in Mexico for no reason
>no more army
>Bismark see this
>Bismark use taunt
>Napo invade Germoney, fail hard
>parisians say fuck this, defend Paris with second grade weapons
>mfw the battle of Paris was the biggest challenge for the germans
>Now, germans take whatever they want, years of inhumane occupation, ask for so much money France is permafucked
>Napo give up and accept
>parisians don't
>Napo send the army to open fire on parisians
>soldiers desert and join the parisians
>Paris is free now, all political philosophy of the time can be used
>Napo steal the cannons because fuck the people
>germans angry because they want to control everything in France
>Napo obey his master and send all the army against Paris
>Terror again, political medicine at work
>now, we know that when you do a revolution you have to hunt and kill all the previous lulling class if you don't want to be the one killed
>inspire the slavs
>WWI ensue

I heard of 80k prisoners killed, but we will never know.
>>
>>354858
So, you make an IC on "rented land"?
Like you have to pay all the time to just be here?
I thought nobody can own the land.
>>
>>354813
Did you just turn this into a stealth shtf thread? Nicely done!

Anyhow, if there's no options I imagine it would be similar to Cambodia under Pol Pot all over again.
>>
>>354830
Possibly. I'm a boomer myself so I'm biased. Once the boomer population bulge tapers off you guys will have a much better idea of where you're at and where you're going. Personally, I'd recommend a strong space program
>>
>>354842
Do you know what board you're on?
>>
>>354885
How about 16 different Olympic events?
>>
>>354842
i think you're lost
>>
>>354929
Or 1929.
A lot of people fled to the land to at least have something to eat. People who had a job, a situation and a family.
>>
>>354885

Have fun plinking with?

>>354882

I don't really know what else to call it. A commune is just a bunch of people living together. Would tribe be more to your liking?
>>
>>354289
Met some metalheads at the rainbow gathering. Getting stoned is easy, finding electricity for amps and whatnot is trickier
>>
>>353341
how long was it anon? It's not to far from me... since you say you live near that area I assume you went to hudson music project ?
>>
>>353467
How would my skills go I am a stone mason/bricklayer. I work with everything from tile to bricks and true stone.

My girlfriend was group lead in our school system here, in charge of 4 schools. recently she has become a tattoo artist.
>>
>>353477
Yeah my GF is like this I am more the person who loves being in urban areas but slowly as I build money and my life with her I am removing as much of it out as I can.
>>
>>353499
Im in NY. if you are th anon from galway then you only 6 hours from me, buffalo.
>>
>>354124
>Taking care of each other is becoming something of a lost art.
Coming from a heavy drug background myself and getting very selfish because of it and many failed relationships. I am at the point where in the past year a lot is changed for the better. I am with someone who enforces these great values strongly and I have learned a lot.

This is one of the threads that I love. I am not on much so maybe I miss them but This is some grade A shit.
>>
>>354167
I don't think you have thrown your age and what not out. Keep it simple if you can you are clearly male. But age and what you where up to before the IC please. also are you still there. How do winters go.
>>
>>354951
Which they could do then because a lot more people had the agrarian skillset to support that kind of activity. If there's a massive population relocation I think it'll be just about identical to what happened in Cambodia.

Unless it's very well thought out and planned by a genius. It would have to be a phased move.
>>
>>354772
Fair. Ownership is fine IMO. Any ownership.

But those 9mm and shit naw that shit is locked up at home all the time same with auto-rifle if you own. Harsh punishment if not locked up.
>>
>>354933
Sheet man, I like you dawg.

But really I enjoy what I read in your comment.
>>
>>354839
I could swing both ways as I think about it.
>>
File: blinded_9901.jpg (35KB, 350x217px) Image search: [Google]
blinded_9901.jpg
35KB, 350x217px
>>354842
Your power level is showing anon.
>>
>>354933
>I'm a boomer myself so
why the fuck is everyone on /out/ so OLDDDD?!
>>
>>355223
cause those youngins just stay inside all day with their nintndos and their flimflams
>>
>>355223
Because we were into /out/ before the interweb had dns.
>>
>>355224
Yeah I'm a fourteen years old and it's really hard to find people that can into /out/. I try to initiate them with a night in the woods and they usually say "too much mosquitoes hurr durr" so i'm stuck alone with my beloved hatchet.
>>
File: hatchet-by-gary-paulsen.jpg (58KB, 230x341px) Image search: [Google]
hatchet-by-gary-paulsen.jpg
58KB, 230x341px
>>355242
>>
File: AnnaLindenberg.jpg (44KB, 404x569px) Image search: [Google]
AnnaLindenberg.jpg
44KB, 404x569px
>>353491
>>
>>355249
Imagine the unkempt bush on that one.
>>
>>355247
I liked "Brian's Winter" much better. He was less tardy and it had a better ending.
>>
>>355253
I don't even think I have read the whole thing, but anon made me remember it. I remember back in school when the book fair would come around I would get these books.
>>
>>354885
Name 1 thing besides cutting a saw can do
Name 1 thing besides nailing things a hammer can do (un-nailing doesn't count)
Yes, it's a one-trick pony, but it's a good trick, that whole protect yourself thign.
>>
>>355249
yup i would
>>
I dream of living out in the wilderness, sadly I don't think i'm prepped for what's in store.

Places of preference would be Idaho, Alaska, and Alberta wildernesses. Harsh winters, but I would make it imperative to have adequate shelter by the time frost sets in. End goal by a few years would be to have a nice, large cabin on a glacial lake.

Things think would be useful to bring in the field would consist of a few scientific encyclopedias ranging from topics as architecture, to mineralogy.
>>
>>355242
>14
>>
>>355981
22 here. You're old.
>>
>>354885
>name 1 thing besides killing a gun can do
Scare the piss out of Jamal when you brandish it under his snotty nose. Brandishing stops lots of crimes, google your own stats. Nobody seems to agree on a number, but it's definitely >1 per year.
>>
>>355984
Maybe you're right. I own a rifle, a shotgun, a knife, and a framing hammer (among other less /out/ things) that I purchased before your birth.
>>
File: 1398402975903.gif (977KB, 450x253px) Image search: [Google]
1398402975903.gif
977KB, 450x253px
>>355827
>mfw hasguns commune

Holy fuck sign me up. I need to wear flektarn and slavshit all day everday.
>>
>>356020
>>>/k/22114691
>>
>>354772
>implying they don't have guns
>criminals follow laws, the government I don't trust told me so!
>>
>>356020
When /out/ and /k/ cross, beautiful things are possible.
>>
Are there any photos of these people actually working? How do they sustain this lifestyle?
>>
>>356207
Most specialize in a craft and/or sell their produce.

I'm a landscape architect, I build and install wood stoves from salvaged materials and I sell miscellaneous produce, mainly salads, mushrooms and preserves. I make about £18000/an for about 15 hours work/week.
>>
>>356212
>selling mushrooms
Awesome. Do you grow or gather them?
>>
>>354845
What would they need to run back to the big city for?
>>
>>356212
Nice
>>
>>356217
Both, I have a core crop of oyster and shitaki that I grow, and I'll impregnate parts of the forest over the river with anything, there's about 20 new types of fungi over there, can't wait til August.
>>
>>355988
I wouldn't say 46 is very old, if I can't ask you what was it like back in the old days without feeling like a fucking idiot, then you're not very old.
>>
>>355053
If I had a commune you'd do fine. Stone laying is a good out skill to have I worked for stone layers for 10 years then went on to general building, now I'm a self employed tiler that does quite a bit of natural stone. I have a good idea how to build houses or dwellings. Think you'd do ok
>>
>>356285
46 is old enough to know better and young enough to do it anyhow in many cases. It's also old enough to have developed a real work ethic as a kid. I'm putting stucco on my garage this week. This action falls under both those categories. Today has been clearing out the weeds that have overgrown there and the accompanying mess. It's usually not like that, but I've been working on my in-law's home and spending lots of time at my deceased grandmother's home and it got away from me. My grandmother's home was neglected for a year and a half due to problems with the estate and I'm trying to catch up. I did get about a cord of good apple and mesquite out of it, so I'll be set for barbecue wood for a while. I have taken three flatbed car hauler trailers full of brush to the dump and have the trailer full of old fence waiting until they open Monday. Then I'll fill it with a couple of yards of mortar sand and start putting up stucco. Break time's probably about over, time to go put up tar paper and chicken wire.
>>
>>355743
And when we were young and idealistic like you are now, we said exactly the same kinds of things. In 30 years you'll be making this same post.
>>
>>356425
Don't give me that 'when I was young and idealistic' shit.

No fucking way would I ever say what you just said, something has to break you to say that kind of defeated shit, nothing will break me.

Fffffffffffffuck youuuuuuuuuuu.
>>
>>356425
Not everybody's you fortunately, go fuck your self
>>
>>356280
>introducing foreign species

shit nigger isn't this supposed to be about sustainability and permaculture?
>>
>>356437
It's called life. Happens to everybody sooner or later. You and the other anon who're all "Nope. Nope. I'll never be like that" are still young. Still have that feeling of invincibility, and that you can do anything because you have your whole life ahead of you. Then one day you wake up and you're 30 and the hangovers last a little longer and hurt more. The shit that was so fun and exciting and good adventure when you were 22 seems more like a pain in the ass now because you've done it enough times to know how it usually turns out.

You'll also have more stuff and less time to use it. Deny it all you want, but life gets more complicated the longer you hang out in it. Your days of spending 3 day weekends in the woods living out of your pockets will be long gone. Instead you'll have $12K worth of custom lightweight gear that you 'll use twice on choreographed monthlong ecotours of Africa and South America. Then that shit migrates further back in the garage with each passing season. Then you blink and you're 40.

Every choice you make closes off some options and avenues in your life. Others open up, but they're on predictable tangents. And everything you do is a gamble. Every time you turn around you have new responsibilities. Oh, and don't forget the minor injuries that take longer to heal, and the healed ones from a decade ago that now let you know when the weather's about to change. Comfort becomes a lot more important. And you get into your 50s and a significant percentage of your high school grad class is dead. And the ones that went into politics are indistinguishable from their predecessors. But you still vote for them because they get where you're coming from, man.

I could go on for a lot longer, but I'll leave it here for now.
>>
>>356441
And in 30 years an angry, aimless 20 something will repeat your post.
>>
>>356285
You're old when you meet one of the following three criteria.

1. Over 30 years of age.
2. Are married.
3. Have a kid.
>>
>>353308
>16 hours a day

Jesus fucking christ, that's downright inhumane.
>>
>>353319
That's a lot of nice things you'll never be able to take advantage of with only 8 hours to yourself a day including sleep.
>>
>>353442
>8 hours total left after 16 hours of work
>Assuming you only spend 15 minutes to eat each meal
>Assuming you only take 3 bathroom breaks (morning piss, midday shit, evening w/e) that last 2 minutes each
>Assuming you don't ever shave
>Assuming you don't ever shower
>Assuming 5 minute travel to and from the field from the house
That's only 7 hours of sleep. That's also assuming you go right to sleep as soon as your head touches the pillow.
>>
>>353463
>Paying $2500 per person per month for something that is intrinsically worthless.
>Letting someone jew you like that
>Not just laughing in their jew face and demanding a fair deal and leaving when they don't give you one.

So, what, you just bitch up and pay the man an extra $2500 a month when someone new comes around?

Assume you get 5 people, are you paying $12,500 a month?

You best be getting a mansion for that, dude.
>>
>>356633
Read before you fucking shitpost. Further down he explained it was 16hrs a week.
>>
>>353297
>>Bushcraft is beyond my skill level

i wish you would have had that chance growing up. there is still hope anon, just do it
>>
>>356631
at my lil personal community where im forever alone, i do a good 12 and 12. stay busy tending to stuff from about 8 to 8, spen 4 hours in the evening for myself, sleep for about 6 hours, spend 2 hours in the morning doing my routine online and coffee, omelets sometimes.

gained a little wisdom over the years, as will most of you young guys, but probably not many of you.
>>
>>354718
>If someone goes to the lengths of personally owning a gun here it usually implies that they're a bit mental in other respects.

Unless the process of owning a gun in your country is "Literally have flesh cut from your body and then a large man named Bubba anally violates you" I fail to see how someone pursuing a hobby marks them as "mental".

Do you think people that collect stamps are insane? What about people that collect and restore cars?
>>
>>356723
You don't want to know what happens to golfers here...
>>
>>356269
More hallucinogens
>>
>>356631
I'm a mechanic in the navy, and frequently work 16+ hour days, sometimes 30 hour workdays underway, I average between 16-22 hours of sleep a week and I'm doing just fine. I usually only sleep every third day and I'm never tired enough to get more than a couple hours. I'm not complaining, all I'm trying to say is that the human body is really capable of more than you know, and just because it is "inhumane" to your average white collar suburbanite does not actually mean it is degenerative, the word inhumane seems to have changed meanings from actually damaging to the body to something along the lines of "requiring more work than sleeping on a down mattress all day and being handfed by servants." Think about what board you're on, I'd like to think most people here know the hardships of the wild, those who have wandered, restless, for days without food or shelter; not everybody pretends they deserve to be treated like a roman emperor.
>>
File: check mate.jpg (114KB, 729x1024px)
check mate.jpg
114KB, 729x1024px
>>354885
YOUR MOVE MR LAWMAN
>>
>>356614
Holy fuck you're extremely depressing, can you stop posting?
>>
>>356642
Yeah sorry that I'm not going to read half the thread before I scroll back up to reply to something I saw that irritated me.
>>
>>356724
Where is 'here' and what do you bastards do to golfers?

>>356731
Yeah, hold on someone's calling.

Oh, it's bullshit. He wants to talk to you.

You do not work 30 hours in a single stretch, and you certainly don't do it on 16-22 hours of sleep a week. You do not sleep 'every third day' and if you were you'd be a fucking zombie. Stop lying. The human body is literally incapable of that sort of energy expenditure without recuperation. If you weren't some neckbeard faggot from /b/ come to shitpost you would know that
>>
>>356742
I don't know why you're mad, I'm not saying that I have physical proof against religion or anything. To most engineers in the navy, sleep simply isn't important. Yes, some do break, and many complain, some don't. The longest I've worked straight is 48 hours, after that they are legally bound to order you to sleep, I guess you've never had the joyful experience of underway mechanical casualties. Sure, I do get slow after a couple days, sometimes even "zombie-like," but after a couple hours of rest it's back at it and feeling refreshed.
>>
>>356617
[CITATION NEEDED]
>>
>>356617
If I can't thank you for the moon landing you're not too old
>>
>>356757
Yeah you're full of shit. I've stayed up that long, and after 48 hours without sleep you start to experience hallucinations. There is absolutely no way you're doing important work like engineering, especially in the navy, on so little sleep
>>
>>356797
Delicious amphetamines
>>
>>356797
C8H10N4O2
>>
>>356797
C9H13N
>>
>>356736
No.

Getting older isn't all Warhammer 40K. As your experience base grows you start finding subtle amusements in everyday things. You don't bellylaugh as often, but when you do it keeps you grinning for the rest of the week. Also, you tend to accumulate people along the way. And dogs and cats. You get really good at making the food that you like, and extrapolating logical spinoffs. And you can totally afford to do that experimentation. You can also make other things that appeal to you. Various forms of booze, for instance.

You also develop amazing self sufficiency, because you've been around long enough to have learned a few things. Experience is what you get right after you need it. Every day you're picking up a little bit of experience in something. Along with that you will also tend to have a deeper material and financial base to draw on.

It's always a matter of tradeoffs. You trade your youth for experience. You then turn that experience into a more balanced life. Nothing depressing about it, that's just the way it goes.
>>
>>356797
>>356797
Like I said, I'm a mechanic. You don't have to be the sharpest motherfucker to turn wrenches all day, we use the word engineer differently from the rest of the world. I don't usually hallucinate till after the third day but I have a busy personal life as well so I can't blame the navy for staying awake that long. Today is my duty day, I slept from 15-1830 after being awake from 06 on Thursday and feel fine.
>>
>>356824
Fuck off, jesus. You're depressing and annoying no one wants to share in your shitty life experience, asshole.

We know shit gets bad we just don't want to god damn think about it.
>>
File: I know that feel all too well.png (37KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
I know that feel all too well.png
37KB, 400x400px
>>356824
>Experience is what you get right after you need it.
>>
File: 1271139612974.jpg (293KB, 468x490px) Image search: [Google]
1271139612974.jpg
293KB, 468x490px
>>356614
>>356824
That was beautiful.
>>
File: depression.gif (769KB, 585x430px) Image search: [Google]
depression.gif
769KB, 585x430px
>>356614

>>356824
>>
>>356797
Different anon here. I did my time as a Damage Controlman in the CG. Yes, 16+ hour days underweigh are the norm for engineers. We lived on caffeine, and 4 meals a day. The longest I remember staying up and functional is 72 hours. You get really slow toward the end, but still functional. You don't always have the option of taking a nap. When you're at Palmer Station, Antarctica and you've got 500 GPM coming in and you don't even know where the leak is, you work until you drop because you and everybody else will die if you don't. After we got the leak patched, I slept 5 hours then went on pump watch for 20. My watch rotation for the 3 days it took us to cross Drake's Passage to Punta Arenas was 20 on, 6 off.

This type of thing is normal on US military ships. Another ship I was on did 90 day Alaska Patrols (ALPATS). We would patrol the Bering Sea for 12 days, pull into Kodiak, Adak, or Dutch harbor to refuel for a day and a half then right back out. My watch rotation during those 12 days was 4 hours of watch, 8 hours of work then back on watch for another 4. If we had a SAR call, I could kiss off any chances of sleep for 24 hours.

The CG did a couple of studies in the 80s, Project Paragon and Project Excelsior. These were for determining minimum safe manning levels for floating units and to determine maximum safe fatigue levels for different ratings. Aviation and Admin came out way ahead of the game while us Naval Engineers took it right in the shorts.

So, to sum up, quit being an autistic little zit. You have no idea what you're talking about.
>>
>>356826
And if you pull the blankets over your head the monsters under the bed can't get you.
>>
File: 654651321.png (17KB, 393x377px) Image search: [Google]
654651321.png
17KB, 393x377px
>>356835
Uh huh. Sure. Because the ships totally don't carry enough crew for multiple ships with multiple overlaps to prevent this exact thing from happening
>>
>>356838
Dude, everybody knows that, you're not enlightening anyone.
>>
>>356839
Navy guy again. You really don't know anything about manning levels or how much work actually has to be done. Literally anybody who's a sailor would look at what you just said and laugh. I'm not trying to make fun of you, but you literally have no idea what you are talking about.
>>
File: yes.png (8KB, 480x323px) Image search: [Google]
yes.png
8KB, 480x323px
>>356842
>>
>>356839
God, you're a fucking idiot. Ships operate around the clock. Depending on the size of the ship, it'll carry enough crew for one complete watch rotation (3 watches total) plus additional crew totaling the equivalent of another half to whole watch section to make up for losses and special details. Under extreme circumstances it's possible to run 6 and 6 watches- 6 hours on, 6 hours off. Two days of that and your error rate goes wsy up. I don't know what webcomic you get your information from, but you might want to delete it from your favorites bar. It makes you look really stupid. You don't need any help along those lines.
>>
>>356840
But do you know the part about the flashlight? And if you keep your socks on they can't get your toes when you get up to pee.
>>
>>356842
Coastie guy again. Laugh at him all you want. He's about 15 and watched a couple of seasons of "Carrier" or "Victory at Sea" so now he thinks he knows something. Or maybe his dad or uncle was afloat and filled his head with total bullshit. Sounds about like what you could expect from a supply officer or a PERS4.
>>
File: kurby.jpeg.png (79KB, 199x237px) Image search: [Google]
kurby.jpeg.png
79KB, 199x237px
Remind me never to try and make an /out/ IC because it would turn into shit show after about 4 days and would consist of old people arguing with young people about who knows more about life

god this was such a good thread until you stupid petty fucks ruined it

and here I am contributing nothing to the thread except my own complaint, so there's that too

maybe I'll check out that rainbow gathering and see what there is to see. This was a nice thread while it lasted.
>>
>>356791
Too bad it never happened.
>>
Ignoring the argument and shitposting, I /r/ more crusty qts
>>
Does anyone have any experience with WWOOFing?

It sounds kinda gimmicky... is it?
>>
>>357491
Gimmicky? what do you mean?

Its more slave labory.
>>
>>354831
that was a great movie, don't know why the reviews are so bad.
>>
>>354842
when the ice age comes, you will be the first to die
>>
I have a place which would make a perfectly reasonable urban farm and would like to find someone who would partner with me. I have not been able to find anyone interested who has enough /biz/ sense to understand that enough cash has to come in to cover taxes and utilities. Anyone have an idea of how I can find the right people?
>>
File: 1369411673809.jpg (14KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
1369411673809.jpg
14KB, 240x320px
>>353361
>saggy tits
>dirty dreadlocks
>undoubtedly smell like bogs, shit and b.o.

why do these types of people have to be so dirty? I love nature and I am out in it every chance I get. I hunt, I garden, I fish, I play in dirt but at the end of the day I still find time for a shower and I don't look like a tryhard neo-hippy faggot in the process.
>>
>>356729

You post is retarded but made me laugh anyway.
>>
>>354253
>watching them is like watching a shoal of fish.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lan0d_5TfK8
>>
Anyone else think that the people that host IC's and try to charge you rent are retarded?

I don't know about any of you but I'm damn well not going to pay someone rent to live 'one with the land'.
>>
Ugh. There are 37 communities here in Florida (the state I live) listed but they're all fucking Nazis.

>No Alcohol
>Only Vegan
>Must buy your parcel of land
>No Tobacco
>Must follow 80/10/10 diet

Like seriously, wtf. Isn't the point of this stuff to create a group of people who want to get away from that kind of defining shit?
>>
>>357921
Yes.

If I had that kind of money I'd just buy my own land.
>>
>>357938
Exactly.

Honestly I'd love to buy my own land and start my own thing, but I doubt I'll ever get enough to do it.

One did seem promising. Vedrica Forest Gardens in Idaho, but it'd cost me $550 in gas just to fucking get there
>>
File: 1404162630177.jpg (345KB, 599x846px) Image search: [Google]
1404162630177.jpg
345KB, 599x846px
I'm a full-blooded NEET looking to join an IC.

I don't mind hard work, but I don't want to pay 600/month for to live there. I only want to work.

Which IC do I join? I'm willing to travel.
>>
>>357783
>saggy tits can be fixed by showering, undoubtedltly.
>People that don't live like me must smell like poos
At the end of the day, it's night time.
>>
>Call IC in Georgia
>Talking about membership requirements
>"NO MOOSLIMS"
>>
>>357961
Also, forgot to add.
>No faggots
>Lesbians are ok
>Islam isn't a religion it's a form of government
>Mooslims are the biggest threat to our freedom

I can't make this shit up
>>
File: muslimvirus.png (914KB, 935x606px) Image search: [Google]
muslimvirus.png
914KB, 935x606px
>>357962
>>357961
You are a dumb fuck.

Educate yourself on Sharia Law and Taqiya.
>>
>>354862
>slavery
It's a little more then two hours a day. You probobly spend more time then that masturbating.
>>
>>357965
Wow. Get out of this board you don't belong here you close minded bigot.
>>
all this fucking bullshit in this thread is disgusting.

I've talked to many people involved in this shit and even the most worthwhile ones are nothing like what's described here. I even know a guy that rode his bicycle all the way from Arizona to Costa Rica to join one of these bullshit "communities" and just got jerked around.

tl;dr:
they want couples with children not, you fucking neckbread NEETs.

aside from that, if they do take you, expect to work your ass off and have nothing to show for it. everything you do goes back into a community that won't be around when you are old and have no retirement savings.
>>
>>357965
sounds a lot like christianity...
>>
>>357921
>Anyone else think that the people that host IC's and try to charge you rent are retarded?
>>357938
>If I had that kind of money I'd just buy my own land.

Like I said:
>>357754
>. I have not been able to find anyone interested who has enough /biz/ sense to understand that enough cash has to come in to cover taxes and utilities.

Even if you grow 100% of the food you need, spin your homegrown wool into cloth and sew your own clothes, ICs are gonna need some cash.
>>
>>357921
>>357938

Yeah, why would somebody who is letting you stay on land that they pay taxes for, pay utilities for, and have all the liability want to charge you rent?

Are you simple or something?
>>
>>357935
Sounds to me like part of the filtering process. Looking for like minded recruits, etc. The one about must buy your own parcel is code speak for no freeloaders allowed.
>>
>>357969
Different anon here. I can't tell, are you being intentionally ironic or is that just a byproduct?
>>
>>358102
>buy a small area of land bordering national forest
>get everything you need from the forest

Why do the need cash? Taxes on undeveloped land aren't much.
>>
>>358108
Because you are working 16 hours a day for them?
>>
>>358118
That was just one IC, There are plenty of others that do not require 16 hours, usually they factor that into your rent and can give you rent free depending on how much work you put in.
>>
>>358118
a week not a day
>>
>>353505
thank you!
>>
>>358108
Because you're fucking performing labor for them you dipshit.

The entire point of these communities is to be self sufficient and 'off the grid'. That doesn't include paying some jackoff "rent" to live like an Indian.

Also
>paying for utilities

Most of these communities either don't HAVE utilities, or they get it themselves. Every single one I've looked at that HAS electricity has solar/wind power.
>>
>>358109
See, but that's a retarded thought process.

If I had money to buy my own parcel of land and build my own house, I sure as fuck wouldn't give it to someone else in exchange for being 'allowed' to live there. I'd get a fucking deed to property and actually own it and start my own thing.
>>
>>358135
My local one has mains power and alt energy. They put out rubbish / recycling bins for the local authorities to collect.
>>
>>358139
It's not very /out/ then is it?
>>
>>358137
I didn't say it was a clever thing to do. Sharing property with a bunch of Moonbeams would have me talking to myself and throwing things in very short order.
>>
>>358156
I don't have a problem sharing with them, what I have a problem with is doing labor for/with them and being expected to pay money to do it.

That ain't what I'm about. There are plenty of farms I can go work on and get room and board + a paycheck for farmhand labor. But that's not what I'm looking for. I'm looking to live off the grid with a group of others and share everything we do together.

Maybe we're thinking of a different kind of moonbeam tho
>>
File: Destiny_Islands_(Art)_KH.png (2MB, 1526x1180px) Image search: [Google]
Destiny_Islands_(Art)_KH.png
2MB, 1526x1180px
>>358108
You have low IQ go away.

>>358135
This guy gets it.
>>
>>357943
>YFW it cost more to work for your food than to just sit home all day
>>
>>358158
The only way to avoid being jewed is to leave society.
But you have to pay the rent.
>>
>>358180
Fucking jews ruin everything
>>
>>358180
No you don't.

If you don't pay property tax on land you own they won't force you off.
>>
>>358171
How so you fucking faggot?

Most places In arizona that I checked out online had running water, shared facilities. That is a utility cost. Sometimes they said you would work for rent, other times they didn't specify that you had to work, and you paid rent.

Maybe if you find a certain place with no costs and the owner is cool with you "living off the land" then you wont have general fees, but typically that isn't the case. IC's aren't just for /out/doors people, there are people who want to live like we do today, but away from the city.

If you aren't doing labor on my land, I'm going to charge you rent. No I am not "chill" with a bunch of shady hippies roaming free on my land with all of the liability on me if one of them injures themselves and tries to shake me down.

If you have a certain IC in mind, then go for it. They aren't all the same and they all have different situations as far as labor and costs.
>>
>>356826
Why don't you stop posting, faggot
>>
>>356835
Fuck yeah Dutch Harbor. My girlfriend grew up there, and I've spent a few stints on the island working for her dad's welding and boat repair shop. Didn't do any jobs for the Coasties though. Just saw a lot of them be bitches in the bar.
>>
File: 1269274966586.jpg (21KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
1269274966586.jpg
21KB, 240x320px
>You can live on land, for free, anywhere

No such thing as no-mans-land, only someone who still lives with their parents is unable to grasp the reality of living somewhere else.
>>
>>358146
It's IC. I think they have gardens and stuff in there. Lots of wooded areas in there too.
>>
>>358116
Once you have "improved" the land (built anykinda structure) your taxes go up!
>>358184
>If you don't pay property tax on land you own they won't force you off.
Yes, they will. At least around here they will.
>>
File: g3.jpg (211KB, 500x351px) Image search: [Google]
g3.jpg
211KB, 500x351px
>>358212
Are you American? There several places around the world that are open to anyone. Even in America there is public land where you can do pretty much anything including rape it to death with gas and oil wells.
>>
>>358186
>Arizona

Why don't you look in places that aren't a fucking desert you retard.

The places I look, Idaho, Montana, North/South Dakota, Wyoming, etc are plains and/or deciduous forests with running water. Not some shitty desert that has one river for the entire state
Thread posts: 278
Thread images: 40

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.