[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What brand is the Apple of the car industry?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 99
Thread images: 11

What brand is the Apple of the car industry?
>>
>>14338066
BMW, Mercedes Benz.
>>
>>14338066
Lexus or BMW or anybody that doesn't have a dipstick and has an engine bay like this.
>>
Vw
Normies think they're so great, or anyone who doesn't have to touch their own car. When in reality they build shit in a way that makes less sense than normal. Plus they lie and cheat emissions.

Apple.
Normies think they're so great but the software sucks, by the time there's 2 updates out it freezes. Theyre easy to break or bend (unreliable, like vw). Just all around make a shitty product but die hard fans will defend it because they refuse to try anything better.
>>
>>14338102
>vw
>unreliable
are you american who loses his shit over emissions scandal?
>>
>>14338094
yeah this, but not because of pic related, they're the apple of the auto world because slapping their logo on a product instantly increases its price by 65%
>>
It's Toyota/Lexus, but not that overpriced and less fanboys.
>>
>>14338108
We can agree to disagree here, American vw are trash tier reliable. Idk how the euro ones are and you obviously don't know about the American ones. Here they suck ass
>>
>>14338066

Sells the same shit as someone else but claims it to be a premium, stylish version spends more on PR than R&D, must be Tesla.
>>
File: imblying.gif (2MB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
imblying.gif
2MB, 500x500px
>>14338116
I doubt. The VW TDI are unreliable in EUA?
>>
>>14338116
vw is like probably most reliable thing Ive known behind barebone jap shitboxes. 2.5 tdi are trash engines but man older passats and golfs run forever. I'm not 100% on the newer models past like, B6 Passat but pretty much everything before then was considered bulletproof.
>>
>>14338154
English please? Is that a statement or a question? I can't really tell.
>>
>>14338172
Where is that? Like I said vw is trash tier in Merica
>>
>>14338094
Doing this is so silly, you just put another hood under the hood
>>
>>14338200
If you don't cover everything the american owner will open the hood, touch something hot, get burned, then sue you for not putting a cover on the hot thing.

source: am american
>>
>>14338200
Its just a cover that comes off with a few clips, it's there since everything under it is fucking ugly to look at.
>>
>>14338209
>>14338200
They actually do it for a couple reasons. It decreases NVH and 99% of lexus owners have no business being under the hood because they have no idea what they're looking at. It's not the lawsuit thing because other car companies don't cover everything.
>>
Volkswagen.
>>
>>14338191
yuuurop.
b4, b3 passats and golfs up to mk4 are confirmed unkillable. The newer ones from mid 2000's share same problems all german cars get as they age - electronics start going batshit and well, you gotta maintain automatic transmission or you will pay the price.
As much as I know about new ones they are all rather cheap, people lease them for about 5-8 years get like 170-200k on the clock and resell them without ever doing any work on them. VW also builds škodas which are even more budget version of vws and they last really well.
>>
Ford
>>
>>14338066
Tesla

/thread
>>
>>14338259
Ford isnt overpriced garbage. More like mazda bec. overpriced and slow garbage, makes everything glossy for your moms taste
>>
>>14338273
>/threading yourself

Pretty cringe m8.
>>
File: 1451795928881.jpg (37KB, 449x546px) Image search: [Google]
1451795928881.jpg
37KB, 449x546px
>>14338229
>it's there since everything under it is fucking ugly to look at.

why the FUCK would those sissies open the hood then anyway?

fucking idiots.

if they're disgusted by the look of machinery, they shouldn't look at it in the first place.
>>
>>14338256
I have a 1991 Audi 80 1.8 with around 800k km on the clock and it's still alive and kicking. Can conform old VW engines are unkillable.
>>
>>14338256
Pretty sure most of our vw are made in Mexico desu. It's not like our vw can't make it to high miles but that there will be a new cel on every week
>>
>>14338282
Because it's the correct answer

/thread
>>
File: Wurst_07.jpg (161KB, 583x768px) Image search: [Google]
Wurst_07.jpg
161KB, 583x768px
>ctrl+f
>saab
you can't be serious
>>
>>14338275
Apple isn't overpriced garbage, either.
>>
>>14338290
considering even back then they knew how to fight the rust ( which fucking japs didnt, thank you desu for holes in my floor) those bodies are still okay after 20+ years
>>
>>14338337
>being this brainwashed
>>
>>14338102
>but the software sucks
Name another UNIX operating system that isn't enterprise shit like HPUX or Solaris and has commercial software on it.
>Theyre easy to break or bend (unreliable, like vw)
Not in the slightest, you should have seen the PowerBook G4 I had. Motherfucker took a beating.
>>
>>14338178
a question, sorry.
In Europe VW diesel engines are not only in VW and Audi, but also in Seat, Skoda etc. because they are good.
the old 1.9 TDI is maybe the most reliable diesel engine (for a car, not for trucks and heavy machinery)
Sorry for my english
>>
>>14338285
Because even if you're a normie you pop the hood when you have a problem. It's instinct even if they have no idea what's wrong.
>>
>>14338341
Show me a windows laptop that has as good build quality as a mac for less money. I'll wait.
>>
>>14338066
Very expensive for no particular reason, and bought primarily by trendy douchebags who don't know any better, but with some actual applications in certain very select fields?

Starting to sound an awful lot like Land Rover to me.
>>
>>14338066
BMW.

>they do whatever they want without listening to their customers (e.g. people saying it's numb)
>they're hip and popular by basic bitches
>they're all about being flashy
>>
>>14338361
Surface. Just accept that all the top corp uses windows instead of aplel. Its for deviant designers, and those are fags anyway like the miata owners.
>>
>>14338285
Pancake cat is fucking awesome. Can't get enough of that little shit.
>>
>>14338390
>that all the top corp uses windows instead of aplel.
Nope. Neither of those are really getting used, it's a toss up. Enterprise is virtually all stuff like Solaris, HPUX, and Linux.
>>
>>14338345
But the software really sucks, doesnt matter if its unix or not.

Also
>anecdotal
>>
>>14338102
what's wrong with cheating on emissions? they''re too fucking stringent these days. hats off to them for getting away with it for as long as they did.
>>
>>14338416
Ah its nice being a neet right, being blissfully ignorant.

Youll grow up soon and someday youll use windows for work which you look down on
>>
Nobody has said Tesla yet?
>>
>>14338416
Not him but wut

Seriously wut

Some servers may run a Linux distro but most are running win server 2012 and pretty much all clients are on win 7 now with a few still jogging along on xp. I never see osx on any of the companies I work with
>>
>>14338337
Apple is overpriced garbage for the initiated tho
>>
tesla
>>
>>14338452
Why would a NEET know what any of that shit is?
>>14338461
So you deal with small business, then? Great, that's not what I'm talking about.
>>
>>14338477
Well fuck, didn't know multinational Corps were small businesses, guess I'll have to change my rates as I'm charging too much per contract for these tiny companies
>>
>>14338502
Probably.
>>
>>14338346
I wasn't really implying theit engines themselves aren't reliable. Vw here aren't known for blowing up, they're known for faulting every way possible tho. It is a known stigma here that the vw will most likely have a check engine light on or some other issue. Also those engines aren't in those cars because they're really good, they're in there because vw owns those company's
>>
>>14338434
I agree about the stringent part but I was referring to the moral of their company. Cheat their way to more money instead of improving their product to the needs of the industry.
>>
Audi
>>
>>14338361
Enjoy your $1000 Intel Core M that's slower than an iPhone 6s
>>
>>14338116
lol, they're all the same bucko. A fucking shitty plastic water pump is a shitty plastic water pump whether it's made in Mexico or Germany.
>>
>>14338390
Laptop, not tablet. Surface book is more money
>>
>>14338608
The macbook is shit. You don't have to convince me of that.
>>
>>14338462
No it's not. It's the only viable Unix derivative available.

All Linux is shit and there's no reason to shell out for the 3 variations of modern Unix when OSX is cheaper when you don't need to do enterprise shit.
>>
>>14338178
What the fuck do you think the question mark at the end implies??? You fucking shill-ass retard.

>>14338191
Toyota shill detected. You cocks are so desperate to attack the only automaker that threatens your "biggest unit sales" titles.

>>14338273
/thread
>>
>>14338066
Tesla.
>>
File: kek3.jpg (9KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
kek3.jpg
9KB, 275x183px
>>14338102
That apple summary was on point.
>>
>>14338720
>All Linux is shit
Why do you think this?
>>
>>14338738
Maybe if you believe /g/
>>
>>14338744
Kernel architecture is from the 1980s and it's support for non-POSIX software is abhorrent.

It's marginally better than windows, only because NT suffers from the "Why bother with this 5% performance increase" by it's coders which have resulted in a gap between NT and Linux performance.

XNU doesn't suffer from the same problem and at the very least is partially open source so you can always make the improvements yourself.

Linux is great if you are poor and can't justify proprietary software (or if it's against your moralfaggotry), but to get it to be as good of a OS as OSX is for a PC it'd be a huge timesink and not everybody derives joy from diddling with code all day every day.
>>
>>14338066
You are all retarded.

Apple = tesla
take old technology (or steal it), pretend you were the first, put it in a pretty package, sell it for 4x what it's really worth. And everyone thinks the CEO is some amazing uber genius, when in reality it's the team around him doing all the work.
>>
>>14338772
Only a retard would think Tesla's selling point are the electric motors.

Nobody thinks that. The big reason why they are impressive is the battery technology.
>>
>>14338772
Yes, but this thread is not intended to actually compare a car company to apple (or any other "the X of the car industry"), it's simply a disingenuous premise for shills to list all the brands the company they work for competes with.
>>
>>14338720
Why do you need UNIX?
Also explain why Linux is Shit
>>
>>14338771
XNU is fully open source along with Darwin, isn't it? I think the major downside with OS X is the file system, HFS needs to be updated. Shame ZFS didn't take.

For servers, though, I'm either using Linux or Solaris.
>>
>>14338784
Because Unix's design philosophy is designed around the power user. I don't NEED Unix, but If I have the choice I am going to be choosing it over anything else.

For a shitty analogy: Why manual instead of automatic?

>Also explain why Linux is Shit

from my other post:
>Kernel architecture is from the 1980s and it's support for non-POSIX software is abhorrent.
>Linux is great if you are poor and can't justify proprietary software (or if it's against your moralfaggotry), but to get it to be as good of a OS as OSX is for a PC it'd be a huge timesink and not everybody derives joy from diddling with code all day every day.
>>
>>14338782
.........that's not new nor "impressive' you apple loving faggot.

And thank you for proving my point.
>>
>>14338794
Yep, HFS is the primary drawback to it.

For a server I'd go with Linux if I had a shoestring budget. Otherwise I'd shell out for one of the enterprise children of Unix. Most likely AIX because smitty removes thinking from the equation.
>>
>>14338797
>For a shitty analogy: Why manual instead of automatic?
That's an incredibly bad and misleading analogy.
>>
>>14338803
Are you retarded? Their battery technology is the only reason their cars are as successful as they are.
>>
>>14338814
You can tout powershell all you like but at the end of the day Windows has no shell-based I/O tools and that's a huge fucking drawback.
>>
Bentley

>Take VW, make it look sleek, slap some Bentley logos on it, increase price 9000x

>Great when used for their intended purpose, but most people use them just to show off.

>overpriced comparatively
>>
>>14338821
I said it was a bad analogy, I didn't say Unix was bad.
>>
>>14338834
You parroted exactly what I prefaced with, adding nothing to the discussion. What was the point in making the post?
>>
>>14338818
uh huh, thanks apple shill.
>>
>>14338841
what
>>
File: sheet.png (291KB, 575x709px) Image search: [Google]
sheet.png
291KB, 575x709px
>>14338361

TOPKEK, get a load of this guy
>>
>>14338066
Is beeing the Apple of the car industry a good or bad thing?

-its only good if its new
-something old sold as new
-it got fanboys
-the power to price ratio is fucked
-its simple to use hard to maintain
-you dont need it, you want it
-but its still not that bad
-design is a big thing
-think different/ be different

i can't stop thinking about the RX7.
>>
>>14338911
>-its only good if its new
who believes this? I have a 6 year old MacBook Pro that performs like it is still new.
>>
>>14338926
but a new one is better.
Its not the engineering(ok the battery thing mb), its the thinking of the coustumers. A coworker
of me buy's every new comming out iphone.
And hes not that rich.
>>
File: harold.png (351KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
harold.png
351KB, 480x480px
I don't think there is one that fits perfectly, but Ford comes to mind.

>Apple releases new version of the same thing in very short time spans
>Claims it's great and filled with new innovations
>Change appearance just enough that people will realize one version is older than another, and feeling shamed using it
>Produce a product that is globally popular, yet quality continues to decline
>Rely heavily on marketing and pathetic social trends to sell product
>Company run by a spiteful cunt of a lunatic

Ford is all of these things.
>>
>>14338066
Toyota/Lexus

Its a car for people who dont know anything about cars, and have no enthusiasm for driving.
They never maintain it, just replace it when it gets old.

Any other answer is wrong.
>>
>>14339024

>said the GM/Ford/Chrysler driver
>>
>>14339024
>no enthusiasm for driving.

Cool marketing meme. Unlike BMW drivers, right? Because they love driving so much, that's why they bought the ULTIMATE DRIVING MASHEEEEN.

Kek.

Lexus makes luxobarges for soccermoms and finely-tuned sport sedans/coupes for rich cunt businessmen who drive aggressively. Not sure if any of this relates to them being/not being Apple, but you're objectively wrong in your criticism of the company.

Not to mention Lexus owners are pretty sticky about maintenance, it's part of the reason Lexus continually ranks #1 or #2 in reliability ratings.
>>
>>14338066
It has to be
>reliable
>extremely proprietary
>difficult to mod
>difficult to fix
>top notch dealer network/customer service
>douche user base
>piority on looks

Maybe Lexus? Tesla?
>>
>>14339076
Bentley
>>
Europoor here and I have to bring Citroën into this equation.
>all about the looks
>stupid "innovative smart" features to bump prices
>when the "smart" features break, they are expensive to fix
>regular essential car features such as suspension and engine fails regularly (just as iPhone's antenna and screens)
>>
>>14339111
Just like they were in the '50s.... oh lord
>>
>>14339098

>Bentley
>reliable

Hue hue hue no.
>>
>>14339076

Tesla
>>
>>14339111
>iphone antenna and screens fail
?
>>
>>14339313

iPhone screens develop dead spots pretty frequently it seems, there will be a section that just doesn't respond to any touch

never heard of antennas breaking, but iPhones also have brittle-as-fuck screens that shatter from slight impact; i've seen someone drop an unsheathed galaxy S3 from hand-level onto concrete, didn't have a scratch on it

iPhones literally explode if you do that
>>
File: image.jpg (174KB, 1100x860px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
174KB, 1100x860px
Mercedes Benz
>>
>>14339111
Except most Citroën cars are cheap as fuck.

Now DS is another story, overpriced bling designs with no actual value and shit engines, that sounds more Apple like.
>>
File: download.jpg (128KB, 360x1319px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
128KB, 360x1319px
>>14339313
>>14339325
Well their antennas doesn't actually break, thery're just shit tier from the beginning.
>high tech
Pic related
Thread posts: 99
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.