[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: hate on silent drivers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (58KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
58KB, 640x480px
People who drive with no music and windows up are normalfags and cucks
>>
>>14338055
Its wurst when they have headphones in
>>
>>14338055
I always have my radio on and music playing. Why the hell wouldn't anyone? To hear the engine?
>>
>>14338078
Shits illegal here in ga.
>>
>>14338134
It's also illegal in almost every state because it's fucking stupid to have headphones in while driving
>>
>>14338091
My dad just listens to npr while he's driving. It makes it so much less enjoyable I don't get it.
>>
File: 1451795928881.jpg (46KB, 584x441px) Image search: [Google]
1451795928881.jpg
46KB, 584x441px
>>14338055
>>
>>14338091
>to hear the engine?
When I'm wringing it out to 9k I don't want to hear anything but that sweet, sweet induction and exhaust.
>>
>>14338055

Disagree. While I have music on more than 90% of the time, sometimes I like to have nothing playing. And as for windows up, that depends almost entirely on weather.

>>14338091

>To hear the engine?

In my case, pretty much. My truck had an aftermarket muffler so its exhaust is definitely noticeable. I quite like how it sounds.
>>
>>14338055
You're the normie here. Listening to top 40 radio or the news while driving is the most normie-like thing you can think of. Did you ever see Takumi listen to the radio while he's racing? No? Then there's your answer.
>>
>>14338055
Having engine noise and being alone lets me almost meditate. I can clear my mind and think straight. Focusing on the task of driving with no distractions is therapeutic.
I would never listen to the radio, however. For that, I have my phone. Google maps for traffic updates, and music of my choice on the phone.
No ads.
>>
>>14338484
>phone
You're a dipshit
>>
>>14338483
I'm sure if there wasn't Super Eurobeat being blasted out of the clouds by God Himself whenever Takumi races, he'd put some on.
>>
>>14338055
Mike Ness is a musician by trade. People think it is strange there is no radio in his custom 39 ford hot rod. His response is simple, he would rather hear his warmed up flathead than radio chatter.
I'm going to take his opinion on the subject, not some teen weeb who's balls dropped last year and uses words like cuck.
>OP is a fag
>>
>>14338491
I don't use the phone while driving.
>>
>have really bad ADHD
>sensory issues, can't deal with cold air

>just want to drive in peace with no distractions and I nice warm interior
>just want to enjoy my car, my way

>get shit on by autists on /o/
>>
>>14338509
>just want to enjoy my car, my way

Amen, brother. Preach on.
>>
>>14338055
I never have music on.
Radio = same songs I've heard 10000000 times that I don't like
spotify=same songs I've heard 10000000 times and do like

Sometimes I just put on a podcast or drive in silence and think.
>>
>>14338161
Your dad is trying to be educated. Not some stupid teenage faggot listening to the same garbage every day.
>>
Never have any music or radio on when the weather is really bad, navigating a big city or when doing retarded drifting as I feel it leeches attention
>>
>>14338055
No speakers. Wait reduction bruuuuuh
>>
When I'm driving around mountains and cliffsides i like to turn the radio off and just listen to sounds whizzing by.
>>
>>14338055
hate on niggers who make stupid pics of themselves treating cars far cooler than them like shit, instead.
>>
File: 1377747894802.jpg (215KB, 720x644px) Image search: [Google]
1377747894802.jpg
215KB, 720x644px
>>14338763
>not blasting super eurobeat when driving hard

RUNNING IN THE 90S comes on
>mfw start pushing it to the limit
>>
>>14338354
I threw a glasspack on my Wagoneer and on warmer days I'll roll the passenger window down so I can hear the reverb off buildings and such when I drive by.
>>
>>14339311
Cut the muffler of my c1500 and made an axel dump. Can confirm for the reverb of off solid objects
>>
>>14338804
Never really drive fast, not many roads or areas that are suited for it here
>>
>get in somebody else's car
>they play their shitty music really loudly

Why do people think hospitality doesn't apply in a car? It's fucking rude behavior.
>>
>>14339852
Former friend of mine would listen to shitty rap really loud while gangsta leaning, embarassing as fuck, dude's 33 and the biggest pussy ever.
>>
>windows down

You just ruined you cars aero, dipshit.
>>
File: sketch-1450396423948.jpg (254KB, 1080x1776px) Image search: [Google]
sketch-1450396423948.jpg
254KB, 1080x1776px
What about no radio, Windows down, and V8
>>
>>14338731
NPR is leftist-progressive swill for pseudo-intellectual idiots. Anyone who thinks they are getting something a "Tier above" the mainstream media by listening to NPR is just as deluded as a fat fuck who sits down every night and turns on Bill-O
>>
>windows down
>radio up
>loud exhaust
>a/c on to keep comfy
>>
>>14339936
Plz try harder.
>>
>not listening to the engine

is this a new meme?

Seriously though, I either listen to eurobeat or nothing at all.
>>
>>14338055
Listening to the radio while driving is the most normie thing in the world you retard
>>
>>14339969
He's 100% right though.
>>
I have no choice but to settle for silence.
My trucks radio doesn't have an aux and doesn't even work properly anyway
>>
>>14338055
I keep my windows up because muh aero dynamics. Unless I'm crusing

Music only when Cruising

Get off my dick OP
>>
>>14338055
I always download a plethora of music myself and listen to that.
Usually have the windows up so it doesn't screw up my freshly fixed hair.

But by no means does someone doing something different then that make them a shitter.

Doesn't matter what they do or don't listen to, or if the winds in their hair.
Cheap way to gauge someone m8.
>>
>usually listen to classic rock, oldies or metal
>driving female co-worker to a meeting
>she puts on her music
>blaring out super-energetic pop while she sings along
>pretend it annoys me
>secretly love it

Wish I felt secure enough to listen to that shit when I'm alone. But I do not.
>>
>>14338055
Audiobooks. I grew up with both of my parents listening to books on tape in the car, so I picked up the habit myself. My favorites as a kid were Hitchhiker's Guide and the adventure books by Desmond Bagley, although nowadays I mostly listen to history books (Just finished The Sleepwalkers, 9/10 would start WWI again)
>>
>>14339936

NPR is very centrist. They are probably sucking Hillary's proverbial cock right now.

And it's true I cannot listen to them. Their agenda is too fucking obvious. They are really anti-gun, for one.
>>
youre the normie here, disgusting normie!
the engine, the hum of tires is music yo my ears
>>
>>14338091
>>14338161
>>14338731
>>14339936
O&A classic upload masterrace here
>>
>>14340080
They are centrist when you consider the global political landscape. The topics that they are progressive standing in a colloquial sense are enough to push them into the center-left on the US spectrum.
Now I am not a Progressive or a Neo-Conservative, neither of the parties core principals or current standings are conducive to a successful climate in the united states as the whole system has eroded down to pandering, the lowest common denominator. It has been that way for decades, but new lows have been hit in the last two decades in ways I would have never thought possible when I first became participant in the world.

I won't go further into detail here because I wanted to agree with the OP, people who drive windows up, music off are fucked in the head, I prefer windows down, vent on, music blasting preferably a gear or two high so I can hear my engine and stay in my power-band.
>>
>>14338055
dude i listen to music most of the time, but sometimes you just want to die and listen to the horns blaring, and the noise of the road.

sound of tires on highway is also very nice, and desu you'd be a pleb not to take time and appreciate it every once in a while.
>>
I have the radio on 99% of the time and the windows down when the weather allows for it. My car makes too many god damned rattles to enjoy it in silence.
>>
>>14338055

I prefer to enjoy music with my eyes closed, plus when driving I barely pay attention to it. Dem revs make up for it.
>>
>>14338055
>Not having the windows down enlightning people with the power of super eurobeat
>>
Is there a good eurobeat torrent that doesn't have song duplicates?
>>
>>14338055
My radio doesn't work. I can just listen to the exhaust.
>>
>>14338055
I only have the windows down when its raining heavily.
>>
>>14339311

Well fuck, mine isn't nearly that loud. The PO put on a magnaflow 12636 (https://www.magnaflow.com/products?partNumber=12636). Not sure how to describe the sound. I'll have to record it some day.

>>14339335

It varies a bit here. There certainly are areas but 1) I've got a pickup now, so I have to use a little more caution around corners and 2) I don't live in a big crime area, so most of what cops do is traffic stops. Useless pigs, I tell ya.

>>14339852

Unless the other person also wants it loud or it was a song I was specifically mentioning to them recently, I don't blast it when I have someone else when me. My old sister likes to do this. Irritating. That shit's just rude. And it makes talking a pain in the ass.

>>14339919

idktf

>>14340075

I can't tell if I'd like this or not. I've never listened to an audiobook. Also, I feel like it would take away from the experience when I go for a midnight drive. But maybe not.

>>14341708

I haven't looked into this, so this is just a blanket suggestion. Uncheck duplicates before you start the download? If it's just one big folder, they should be next to each other. Unless they are in a ton of folders and hard to tell that there are duplicates. I hate that shit.
>>
>>14340058
>secretly gay
>>
>>14338161

When my wife and I would take road trips, she would try and put on audio books to listen to. I never allowed that because it would have put me to sleep in record time. I'd rather have nothing on at all.
>>
fuck me for preferring a silent, comfy ride home in my shitbox
>>
>>14338055

>radio is broken
>it's fucking winter

fuck you.

>>14338153

Apparently it's legal in WI - a friend lives up there and the cops say it's okay.

>>14338483

I always have to turn down the radio when I dagumi. Gotta focus.

>>14338763

This homo gets it.
>>
My suburban has two speakers. Two 3 inch speakers in the dash, left and right, buried under 26 year old crumbling dash foam. I couldn't listen to music if I wanted to.

Plus, its more fun to listen to my single-chambers.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.