[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>White and black Floridians wear their seat belts at roughly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 4

File: buckle up.png (225KB, 692x570px) Image search: [Google]
buckle up.png
225KB, 692x570px
>White and black Floridians wear their seat belts at roughly the same rates. One would think, then, that black drivers are about as likely to get ticketed by police officers for not wearing a seatbelt as white drivers.
>Nope. According to a new report by the American Civil Liberties Union, police in Florida were nearly twice as likely in 2014 to stop and ticket black drivers for seat belt violations — and that may be an underestimate, since at least one county with a history of racial disparities in seat belt citations stopped reporting its stats altogether.

Why is this allowed?
>>
>>14330366
because Florida is the #1 worst state in the union
>>
>>14330366
this is not an /o/ issue, take it to /pol/

t. regular /pol/ack
>>
>>14330366

Because Florida is the best state in the Union.
>>
>>14330366
This is most likely because they were pulled over for something else and were caught without a seat belt in addition to whatever prompted the cop to pull them over in the first place. That's really the seat belt law is, just an extra to tack onto a speeding ticket or something. I still dont know anyone who has been pulled over only because of not wearing a seat belt .
>>
>>14330366
White guy without seatbelt
>polite to officer
No citation. Warned
Black guy without seatbelt
>Nah mayne, I don need na fukkin seatbeltz, fuck u, pig ass nigga, picking on us coloured folk like racist ass honkies
>>
Because Florida is run by utter retards who only give a shit about the people sliding them money under the table.

Seriously, these are the people who are pushing for fracking in the everglades. You know, where the ground is unstable and theres an incredibly shallow water table. They don't even have the common sense to recognize how much of a disaster that would be, and they don't care either.
>>
In perfectly equal circumstances (which is literally never the case), blacks are extremely not likely to dispute a ticket in court, so sideways cops tend to aim for them.
>>
Can I get a source on the method used to collect data of the first statistic on "percentage of race wearing their seatbelt"? I'm calling bullshit right now on those stats.
>>
>>14330398
You forgot I dindu nuffins and I can't breathe.
>>
>>14330366

Run plate on the white mans vehicle.... clean driving and criminal record.

Run plate on a black mans vehicle.... 50 bad driving charges and a criminal record like a fucking novel.

Gee... which one is going to get pulled over and charged?
>>
>>14330366
You may as well hand them a ticket while beating them.

Still you can always get them on one of these:
> loitering with intent to use a pedestrian crossing
> smelling of foreign food
> urinating in a public convenience
> coughing without due care and attention
> walking on the cracks in the pavement
> walking in a loud shirt in a built-up area
during the hours of darkness
> walking around with an offensive wife
> possession of curly black hair and thick lips
>>
>>14330470
>Cops looking to fuck people over
>Profiling based on past records despite them breaking no law in the present time

I'm not a nigger loving liberal, but I'm not a cop cock sucker either. Cops that actively look for people they personally consider to be "bad people" and give them hard times are powertrips. Cops in general are powertrips but some are worse than others.
>>
>>14330434
ACLU doesn't fudge shit man.
>>
> 10% don't wear their seatbelt

What the fuck, who does this?
>>
>>14330504
people over 45
>and me because I have none
>>
>>14330497
they dont know how to read the second amendment either.

aclu is lefty bullshit. they arent objective whatsoever at least at the national level.
>>
>>14330508
>they dont know how to read the second amendment either.
no one does, it's vague as fuck. everyone just has an interpretation that they choose to like.

also even if what you say is true, is it ok that police are citing blacks twice as much for the same offense?
>>
>>14330518
Not that vague, but this isn't the place to argue that.
>>
>>14330537
>but this isn't the place to argue that.
fair enough. you're the one who brought it up.

whether or not you like them, they are bringing up a pretty important civil liberty issue.
>>
>>14330545
I wasn't that first guy, and I agree with you on the thread's topic.
>>
>>14330366
I'd imagine it's something like how crime rates are, regardless of reasons, statistically higher among blacks, and police have quotas to fill, so if they're going to stop someone for something trivial they want it to be as likely as possible that they've done something else too.

So yes, it's racism of a sort, and no it shouldn't be happening, but it'd be ignorant to attribute it to just to the cops wanting to keep black people down.
>>
>>14330366
>niggers constantly fucking with cops
>can't follow simple directions
>disrespectful as hell
Waaaaaaahhhh, copz is raycis, black lives matter yo!
>>
Why wouldn't they racially profile black people? All other things considered, they are more likely to be committing another crime at the time they are pulled over. (If this triggers you, feel free to pretend this is due to "poverty" or "culture" or whatever) Much as like how poorfags are also more likely to be committing crimes than some guy in a new BMW, so it makes sense to pull shitboxes over more often. They need to issue tickets to make revenue and pulling over Jayquan is a two-for-one since the stupid fuck is probably driving around without insurance, smoking a blunt while sipping lean with his unregistered 9 in the footwell.
>>
>>14330398
This.
>>
Misleading statistics, you fucking moron.

>8.5% of whites don't wear seatbelts
>14.2% of blacks don't wear seatbelts

So for a perfect, unbiased police force, we'd expect blacks to get tickets 1.7 (14.2/8.5) times more often than whites.

It's slightly more than that, which might be significant, but we don't have enough information.
>>
>>14330373
>this is not an /o/ issue, take it to /pol/
This isn't political, faggot, it's just cops doing their jobs.
>>
>8,5% of whites don't use seatbelt
>same for 14.2% of blacks
>ratio is 1.67 blacks to 1 white, assuming an equal distribution or black/white citizens

Where's that huge disparity again?
>>
Do you really believe cops would pull over a black person just for a seatbelt violation? They probably got pulled over because they're black and then the cops decided to cite them for something and it it was the seatbelt.
>>
>>14331462
If it was just the cops doing their jobs they'd ticket white people the same amount
>>
>>14331387
>>14330366

I think we should also make the succinct point that nearly twice as many blacks aren't wearing a seatbelt and nearly twice as many are being cited.

Funny correlation, isn't it?
>>
>>14330398
+1
>>
>>14331509
Heh, didn't even notice that
8.5% of whites not wearing seatbelts
14.2% of blacks not wearing seatbelts

W...what! Blacks get ticketed significantly more for not wearing seatbelts?

I called out some girl on the FB for posting something about cancer or some shit in Africa, and when you do the match, the info on the graph would actually claim there was a higher rate of whatever in the developed world.
>>
>>14330398
Also blacks are more likely to be repeat offenders, which is a statistic that is completely disregarded in this graph
Take your liberal guilt bullshit back to fucking reddit you civil rights activist wannabe faggot cuck
>>
File: MTE5NDg0MDU1MTUzNTA5OTAz.jpg (165KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
MTE5NDg0MDU1MTUzNTA5OTAz.jpg
165KB, 1200x1200px
>>14331387
>>14331487
>>14331543
>>
>>14331583
fuck off twain you niggerloving race traitor
>>
>>14331502
Nigger.
Or worse, nigger-lover.
It's worse because it is a choice.
>>
>>14331597
>lies, damned lies, and statistics
Kill yourself, fool.
>>
>>14331580
>>14331597
>Has an actual point
>Can't express it without edgy 13 year old /pol/ shit

I'm just backing out if idiots like you are on my side.
>>
>>14330366
>8.5% of whites don't wear seatbelts
>14.2% of blacks don't wear seatbelts, about 40% higher.
>More blacks get pulled over for not wearing a seatbelt.

Still really high, but it would be correct if blacks got pulled over about 40-50% more than whites, corresponding with their seatbelt usage.
>>
>>14331383
Spic here, I got pulled over years ago in my newish BMW for speeding. Wasn't mad cause I was fucking speeding but whatever.

The cop asked me several times to let him search my car "you know if you cooperate things will be better for you", "you don't want to make this difficult", "I can talk to the judge on how you cooperated with me" I knew this is all bullshit to get consent, still said no, cop responded by "we'll see about that son"

Cop held me there for ~45 mins, in the mean time 3 squad cars showed up with a k9 to sniff the outside of my car. The faggots were looking into my car with their flashlights but saw nothing since I keep my car free of clutter. The original cop came back and handed me the ticket and a "drive safe" judge probably denied the search. Fuck these guys.
>>
>>14330366
>DOT "study"
>Excuse me but do you break the law?
>>
>>14330366
>white guy driving toyota camry without seat belt, completely ignored by police
>black guy driving donked out caddie/ gheto beater mazda 626/ whatever pos that doesn't fly under the radar, without a seatbelt

I wonder who is going to get more attention from the police.
>>
>>14330398
>pulled over for broken taillight
>Spanish friend in car
>Spanish friend puts his hands on roof
>ask him why he's doing that
>anon cops always tell me to put my hands on the roof when they pull me over
Tfw you're white so cops are nice to you. I've never in my life had a cop tell me to put my hands on the roof during a traffic stop
>>
>>14331780
Bruh check the laws In your state, I know In Florida if it takes more than like 20 minutes to get a k9 out to you you can leave, that being said if you're a minority with no drugs in the car it'd probably be safer just to wait.
>>
>>14330366
>stop white person
>oh I'm sorry officer
>stop black person
>FUCK YOU PIG YADDA YADDA
>>
>>14331662
Lol what, bro Ive lived in Florida all my life(trayvonville literally) don't know about the rest of the country but the rednecks here are far worse than the niggers, I've had my car totaled twice by red necks in big lifted trucks with no insurance and no license. Trashy redneck girls literally walk the streets looking to suck some dick for a quick buck and don't even feel a little ashamed. They walk around asking people for money then yell expletives at you when you say no.
>>
>>14331780
Was it worth being a dick to cops and wasting their time Paco?
>>
>>14331963
I never gave consent to search my car and they never did, they were trying to spook me into "cooperating" with them. This happened in NJ, now live in Florida, good to know though.
>>
File: image.jpg (108KB, 754x638px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
108KB, 754x638px
>>14331991
>Giving up your constitutional rights = being a dick.

School yourself kid
>>
Obviously police care more about the safety and wellbeing of black people more than white people OP
>>
>>14332002
The point was you being hyper-aggressive about the situation, commie.
>>
>>14331502
>they'd ticket white people the same amount
No they would continue to pull over people where the stop might lead to a bigger crime, just like they do now.
>>
>>14331387

yup, that graphic is super misleading

dindus gonna dindu
>>
>>14331383
>unregistered 9
thats not how guns work
>>
>>14332218
>not letting them conduct a search is being hyper-aggressive
u wot
>>
File: 1351533076270.jpg (62KB, 300x275px) Image search: [Google]
1351533076270.jpg
62KB, 300x275px
>living in america
no thanks
>>
You kek fuck you faggots. A black cop gave me a ticket for no seatbelt.

YEAH THAT NIGGA WAS RACIST AS FUCK. JUST CAUSE I'M WHITE. LET ME GO COMPLAIN ABOUT THIS SOMEWHERE YEAH.
>>
>>14332474
Just as well, we have enough nigger rapists.
>>
>>14332546
Please keep them in jail.
I don't want to be assaulted the next time I visit
>>
>>14331991
>caring about their time
fuck them they're getting paid.
the only reason to cooperate is to save your own time.
>>
>>14330366
No proofs - no spoofs. Go get a job, nigga.
>>
>>14330504
after I deployed, my seat belt wearing dropped from 99.9999% of the time too 30%. I have no idea why, maybe after driving convoys and shit I subconciously view daily driving as trivial and not worth the effort. Im not proud, It just never crossed my mind anymore.
>>
>>14332647
I always wear my seatbelt when I'm driving my car. It is just second nature. When I'm driving my truck at work, I never do.
>>
>>14332677
thats how it used to be. When I drove Mraps it was more of a process to drive. Put on my gear and shit, check the fluids, check supplys and stuff, check comms, help the gunner mount his shit. Finally sit in the truck, put on seat belt, put on eyepro, then headset, then helmet.
Then drive.
Daily driving in a city is just meh to me
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.