[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why doesn't /o/ like Mitsubishi?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (22KB, 474x500px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 474x500px
>positively basic
>good MPG
>practical
>plenty of manual options
>cheap with good warranties
>decent performance
>least offensive looking line up from Japan

They don't provide luxurious interiors or status, but no one here cares about that right?
>>
/o/ hates everything
>>
Every modern Mitsu is a fucking decade behind it's competitors on the market.

It's like paying full price for an '06.
>>
>>14323794
they went to shit now. Tho they are still better than kia/hyundie
>>
>>14323804
>implying thats a bad thing
i dont need lane departure or blind spot monitoring or braking assist. i just want a half decent car that gets okay gas mileage and isnt chock-full of shit designed for soccer moms
>>
>>14323815
fucking Luddite
>>
My Lancer has better visibility than almost any other modern vehicle I've been in.
>>14323804
In what way?
>>
>>14323815
If you want a worse than mediocre commuting shitbox with only reliability and warranty as redeeming qualities, knock yourself out.

I'll be having a Joy in a new Mazda 3 meanwhile.
>>
>>14323848
>2016
>still shilling mazda
confirmed bus rider
>>
>>14323835
The Lancer has gone almost literally unchanged since '07 to now.

I've worked at a dealer as a tech, I'd know.
>>
>>14323848
This.

Even if mazda 3 is gay af, its still miles better than a lancer
>>
>>14323860
>Still shilling Mazda
>Still

Mazda has only recently blitzkrieged it's way to best Manufacturer, shilling them anytime before right now in 2016 would have been retarded.

Mazda is what Honda was in the 90's.
>>
>>14323875
mazda is garbage and everyone who has driven one knows it
>maybe the passenger seat of mommys CX-5 is comfy but dont talk about shit unless you know it
>>
>>14323863
What needs to change though
>>
Mitsu died in the mid 2000's. The last lancer, galant, diamente, and even eclipse were all fairly good cars for what they were designed for.in the early/late 2000's. After that things just went to shit.

Mitsu has so much money that they could care less what happens to their automotive division. It has been going into the toilet for over a decade and they couldn't care less and leave people in charge that have no idea what they're doing.

TLDR: Mitsu has been shit for over a decade and it wont change . They'll be out of business soon in the auto market in the US at least.
>>
>>14323794
I don't think there's any brand that's available in America that has never had something that I'd like.
As for Mitsu, I prefer older ones.
Lancers are meh, but old evo wagons are boner-tier.

But really lads, the thing that gets me the most about Mitsubishi is their naming conventions. I dunno man, I wish other manufacturers would get on board.
The L200 Barbarian (not sold in US)
the Lancer
Eclipse
Gallant
The Raider

What's the competition sound like?
Tundra
Tacoma
WRX
Titan (it was a good name)
Neon
Mazda# or mazdaspeed#

The cars have less names and more like titles, you know? As any good sci-fi or fantasy nerd will tell you - titles are important in building character.
>>
>>14323882
no one cares about the US at least
>>
>>14323894
desu I've always had this idea the Mitsu auto was started by a rich CEO somewhere in the bowels of the huger corp that is Mitsubishi because he was bored.
>>
>>14323898
t. 12 year old
>>
>>14323906
t. fedora
>>
They're going into aircraft manufacture, they don't give a shit about MMC anymore.
>>
If Mitsu pulls out of the US, will they still sell in Canada?
>>
>>14323972
Probably not. Their lineup is even smaller over here.

All they have here is Mirage, Lancer +(Rallyart and EVO), RVR, i-MiEV and Outlander. That's literally it.
>>
>>14324011
They actually turn profit in Canada though. Sales have been trending upwards over the years.
>>
>>14323815
I understand and kind of agree with that sentiment, but I feel like you missed the "full price" part.
>>
>>14323904
you have the right idea.
Mitsubishi's entrance into the auto industry was more for the idea of having automobiles of their own design for their execs to design than it was for the general consumer.
Thing is - mitsu ended up being very successful up through the 90s. They failed to follow the general consumer direction in the 2000's and by the mid 2000's they were producing korean-tier vehicles at jap-tier prices and their marketing in general sucked cock. This led to them having god awful sales and making moves that didn't make sense and only hurt them.

They probably could of milked the 08 evo design for another couple years - at least profiting more off of it than their newer mirage/galant/etc designs.

I love DSMs and evos and all that - but Mitsu is a fucking disaster in this day and age. I wouldn't give them a dime for anything automotive related.
>>
File: 01monterosport.jpg (31KB, 400x254px) Image search: [Google]
01monterosport.jpg
31KB, 400x254px
>>14323794

They made the best SUV to date.
>>
>>14323794
engine problems
>>
mistubishi is dying in the u.s. rip in peace mitsuishi motors
>>
>>14324505

the sport is a poor man's version of the pajero
>>
>>14324018
This, I've been seeing Outlanders pop up all over the place
>>
>>14324577
>dieing
More like voluntarily scaling back, the US market is too tight and they make more selling to third world shitholes.
>>
>>14324698
they sell a bunch of mirage and the sedan version in designated streets.
>>
File: Mitsubishi_Lancer_EVO_X.jpg (177KB, 2061x1158px) Image search: [Google]
Mitsubishi_Lancer_EVO_X.jpg
177KB, 2061x1158px
>>14324033
>They probably could of milked the 08 evo design for another couple years - at least profiting more off of it than their newer mirage/galant/etc designs.

The Evo8/9 are so fucking sexy and out of nowhere the 10 becomes a brick. I'm not sure on Mitsubishi specs so I can't say if it's any heavier but it looks so much fatter and unappealing. And then Subaru took a page out of their styling and did the same damn thing to the WRX.
>>
>>14323799
Should have stopped reading right here.

/o/ hates everything and is biased.
>>
The Outlander GT is pretty decent. Reasonably priced and loaded with options. For the price it outclasses the cx5, edge, escape, cherokee, cr-v, rav4 and others.
>>
>>14323813
Kia/Hyundai usually get their motors from mitsubishi.
>>
File: 1429764326443.gif (2MB, 177x150px) Image search: [Google]
1429764326443.gif
2MB, 177x150px
>>14323848
>Mazda
>>
File: evo 8 m8.jpg (78KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
evo 8 m8.jpg
78KB, 1280x720px
>>14324790
what I have read about the evo 10 suggests that it is more towards use on tarmac than the older models
it has a much more rigid structure and a few more electrical gizmo's

evo 3 and sixth gen galant vr4 are my fav
a first generation space wagon is cool too
>>
>>14324907
The 4b11t has a full aluminium block while the 4g63 had a aluminium cast iron block. In my opinion the 4g63 is superior because it can take a shitload of high rev beatings. That's why I love the earlier EVO's too.
>>
>>14324587
No, it's an SUV version of the L200. It wasn't even originally called the Pajero/Montero Sport, it was called the Challenger and that's how it should have stayed. It's a nice 4Runner/Prado competitor.
>>
>>14324963
>4g63
id like to make an evo space wagon at some point
then challenge leone 4x4 wagon to a rally stage
>>
Because Subarus always have been and always will be better.
>>
>>14325056
Nice meme
>>
>>14325056
>I bought a lemon so now I can boast things that aren't statistically true
>>
>>14325056
Subaru doesn't even have cars in most of the classes Mitsubishi does, so nah
>>
File: l8yz9byqrna8vwfl57nz.jpg (70KB, 800x390px) Image search: [Google]
l8yz9byqrna8vwfl57nz.jpg
70KB, 800x390px
>>14325056
i'll take your BRZ and pit it against a 3000gt

something tells me the gt will win 10/10 times
>>
>>14324505
strange, that's not a pajero.

>>14324539
i onwed a mitsubishi galant for 5 years, put 80k on it.

i only had engine trouble when i got my engine smashed by a 17 year old white girl driving a monster suv, who didn't know what a red lights means.
>>
>>14323913
they've always been in aircraft manudacture. literally since WWII. in WWI they were making tanks.
>>
>>14325526
MMC didn't even exist until the early 1970s, so no, they never were and are not manufacturing aircraft. MHI did all of that and are no longer manufacturing aircraft.
>>
>>14325056
Subaru and Mitsubishi are basically the same company. All of their cars are sub-par compared to the competition besides the sti/evo
>>
>>14325484
3000GT is a massive shit. The most a shit
>>
>>14325638
confirmed for either shit taste or never having driven a 3000GT
>>
>>14325614
That's not true at all. The Pajero is still up there with the Land Cruiser and Patrol despite being pre-millenium and in the 1990s was far superior to either of those offerings.
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.