[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yo /o/, I've got my driving test tomorrow and I plan on

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 2

File: 8475972Mitsubishi-Colt-2008.jpg (109KB, 1175x741px) Image search: [Google]
8475972Mitsubishi-Colt-2008.jpg
109KB, 1175x741px
Yo /o/, I've got my driving test tomorrow and I plan on buying a car on the weekend if I pass, I know what car I'd like, but I just want to run it by you guys just to be sure. So, what is the general consensus of the 2010 5 door Mitsubishi Colt CZ2 Cleartech. It looks cool enough what with the angry face, but how does it handle? Any glaring issues that the car has? The one I am looking at is 27,000 miles and is up for £4000. I am just contacting the seller about reserving so I can test drive it.
>>
>>14319623
>tfw failed my driving test three times
>tfw still no car
>>
>>14319623
I'd say there's better cars out there but, honestly, as a new drive in this country, you aren't allowed anything genuinely fun yet, and it'd be stupid to start worrying because your gutless shitbox has less steering feedback and a marginally slacker chassis than some other gutless shitbox. Any fun you have in your position ain't gonna be down to the car. Plus, that's a very good price for the mileage.

So, yeah, I say go for it.
>>
>>14319632
It's worse when you DO have a car. It started to feel like the damn thing was taunting me.
>>
>>14319623
It's square as fuck, it's small and it's ugly.
Also since it is a mitsubishi it'll be unreliable.
Don't be a fag about it and buy a european hatch like someone with sense.

And good luck with the test.
>>
>>14319643
That's just it, it has £30 in road tax, £1400 insurance (I could get better insurance with other cars, but I'm willing to go a little extra). A 1.3L engine which should have enough pull where it counts, my family has a 1L Yaris which I have driven, and it just isn't nice to drive when I can't pull out of junctions quick enough, whereas my driving instructors car is a 1.6L Ford Focus, and is so much nicer to drive.
>>
>>14319657
Can you kill yourself instead of shit posting all day
>>
>>14319657
Are Mitsubishi's unreliable? My mother has had Three Shoguns in the past, and the reasons we went through two of them was because someone threw a brick through the windscreen once, and a road was really slippy and we slid into a large bus. The last one we sold for a Land Rover Explorer.
>>
>>14319666
£1400 seems a bit steep for a 1.3. Where do you live, and what sites did you look at?
>>
>>14319668
>literally giving good advice to someone who's going to throw money at a shitty car ugly box from a brand which is dead in Europe
>shitposting
Fuck off.

>>14319675
They were kind of reliable in the 80s/90s. Not anymore.
>>
>>14319686

Why the fuck are you assuming europe
again
fuck
off
>>
>>14319684
Live in Northwest of England, as a junior data manager, I can get down to £950, but I have the money to spare.
>>
>>14319657
here's your reply, faggot

>>14319623
it's an okay car, almost bought one about 5 years ago but went for a Suzuki Swift instead (don't!). It's spacious, ride quality is good enough but the materials used in the interior look and feel cheap, but mostly because the car IS cheap. My ex gf has the previous gen as 1.5l diesel. It's rattly and noisy as fuck because it's a 3cyl diesel but it can do more than 500 miles on a tank and it's quick.
>>
>>14319675
Real talk, it depends on the model in question, and I honestly don't know too much about Colts. I know they aren't so well regarded in general, which is probably a factor in the low price, but I don't think that's really down to reliability.

Honestly, you'd be better off googling the common problems so you know what to look for rather than trusting information from an anonymous imageboard full of people with axes to grind, most of whom come from a country where the things have never even been sold.
>>
>>14319690
I'm sick of his shitposting but
>Colt
>4000 gbp
>>
>>14319690

>being this challenged

OP, just buy a Punto or a Clio. Much better cars and handle way better on the road.
Hell, even a Corsa is better than a Colt.
>>
>>14319699
If you mean you're wanting to pay the extra for a comprehensive policy, sure, if you have the money to spare.

If you mean you could push it down with a different car, I'd be inclined to check a couple of different comparison sites, plus Adrian Flux, Direct Line et al, to see if you can push the Mitsu down a bit further. Case may be you just live in a postcode that gets fucked, but it's better to be sure.
>>
>>14319716
Also the Fiesta.
>>
>>14319730
Yeah I could push the insurance down with a different car, but I want something with a little bit of power that won't break the bank. The Colt seems like that, plus I quite like the front of it
>>
>>14319702
(not op) What's wrong with the swift? I was considering one of those last year for my first car but ended up with a daihatsu copen instead. On the basis of reviews on parkers etc, the swift was way up in the list of candidates
>>
>>14319831
What I mean is that that figure seems a bit high for that car.

But regardless, so long as you do your research, it seems a good buy. Having had a quick look myself, those Colts seem like great value at the moment.
>>
>>14319857
Holy shit, anon, that's an amusingly left-field choice if ever there was one. How you finding it?
>>
>>14319857
>he bought a copen
Is it pink too?
>>
>>14319870
Handling is very solid, and it feels very stable on the motorway, a bit noisy and bumpy in general. The only other car I've driven for any serious length of time was the instructor's diesel fiesta, compared to that the gearing is incredibly short, it easily accepts 5th gear at 30mph.
>>
File: mitsubishi-colt-ralliart-12.jpg (567KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
mitsubishi-colt-ralliart-12.jpg
567KB, 2048x1536px
Get the ralliart one. It's a mini evo Kappa
>>
>>14319632
how even.
>>14319623
country and/or state?
>>
>>14319924
That's kinda sexy, if I had the money, I'd have it
>>14319929
I live in the UK
>>
>>14319623
just get a corsa and we can meet up and finger schoolgirls in maccies car park m8
>>
>>14319666
I just couldn't live with <200hp. How does the uk do it?
>>
>>14320024
fun twisty roads
>>
>>14320002
Yeah boi
>>
Op again, living in the UK, the most common choice seems to be a hatchback, however I am far more partial to saloons. Since the stickied cheap car thread is American, what are some good saloon options in England?
>>
>>14319886
wow you're even worse than muhV6, Frosty and gs400guy

>>14320156
Maybe an Astra or a Jetta if you can afford it, I don't know if the Fiat Linea was available in the UK. Also Honda Civic, Toyota Corolla, Ford Focus, Renault Megane. Basically, there's a saloon option for almost every compact car.

>>14319857
They had transmission issues on the 05+ models. Mine went to shit at 120k km and the repair shop wanted 2k euros to fix it and they said it might only last another 120k km or so. Suzuki didn't want to cover any of the costs despite the fact that I bought it from a Suzuki dealership and it was only 6 years old.
>>
>>14320204
pls, nobody is worse than frosty or gs400
>>
>>14319632
>tfw passed 6 months after my 17th birthday
>tfw a year and a half has passed since passing
>tfw still no car
>>
>>14320204
Aren't a lot of saloons for less than 5000 on Autotrader, might just have to stick with the hatchback for now
>>
>>14320212
that's what I thought...
>>
>>14320156
I'm 18 and will have two years no claims in July and the other day I was getting quotes for around £1.2k on a Rover 75 (think it was 1.8) and I live in a D band insurance post code
The Rover 75 specifically because it's apparently overall its one of the cheapest cars to insure in the UK.
But on the other hand I was getting quotes as low as £740 for a 3 door Civic Sport which is a 1.6 and comes with the boy racer bumpers and lights
I also like the idea of a saloon, but I think I'll put it off for a while
>>
>>14320242
>Aren't a lot of saloons for less than 5000 on Autotrader
bump up your distance. I look at between 70 and 100 because I then I get a load of options from Manchester, Leeds, Newcastle ect. instead of the 3 'major' towns near me which have a combined population of less than 250,000
>>
Right, it is 10:30 and I should probably go to sleep so I am not tired for my test, don't actually know how fast /o/ is, but hopefully this thread will be alive tomorrow morning. Appreciate the advice today guys
>>14320321
When I made that last post I may have forgotten to remove the max mileage of 40,000 miles. The selection is a bit healthier now
>>
>>14320388
ah I meant the distance the car is from your post code, but the bumping the mileage of the car will help
anyway good luck and don't fuck it up
>>
>>14320156
Probably not going to happen for a new driver. By all means run some through the comparison sites - you might find something that breaks the norm - but I wouldn't hold out too much hope.
>>
>>14320212
Frosty was a ridiculous human being, but he had a certain twisted charisma to him; at least his shitposting could be fairly creative. I almost miss that guy sometimes.

Gs400 doesn't even go out of his way to be obnoxious; it just happens that most of /o/ hates stance.
>>
God damn, is car ownership really that expensive in the UK? Here in Amerifatland, my first car (and current car) is a 2012 WRX STi hatchback. Insurance is supposedly "expensive" but I pay $70/month for my WRX and a 2008 Ranger.
>>
>>14320567
That's bullshit anon
>>
>>14320567
Insurance for a car is by far the biggest cost of running it in the UK as a young driver, even when petrol was £1.15 a litre and you have to get it tested once a year.
The older you get and the less powerful the car, the cheaper it gets.
Your post code (Zip Code) also changes the price dramatically.
>>
>>14319675
>Are Mitsubishi's unreliable?
No.

How the fuck do you go through a car because someone threw a brick through the windshield?
>>
It would be dumb to live there and not drive a Twingo.
>>
>>14320587
Would living in London or Manchester have more expensive insurance than living out in BFE?

My work has me going to Manchester in a year, so I have to be prepared.
>>
>>14320527
Frosty was a literal obese neckbeard with a bad taste for wings and wasn't particularly smart about his pot business.
>>
>>14320567
Insurance gets a lot easier when you've been driving for a bit, but broadly yeah, we have it pretty bad. Not as bad as most of the mainland, but still pretty bad.
>>
>>14320600
you have to import 1st gen Twingos from continental Europe as they were never sold in the UK, but it shouldn't be that much to register, but insurance might be a hassle since it's LHD
>>14320604
>Would living in London or Manchester have more expensive insurance than living out in BFE?
http://www.carinsuranceexplained.com/car-insurance-explained/car-insurance-postcode-risk-list.html
Yes
>>
>>14320618
Yeah, a ridiculous human being. But he was also awfully good at triggering people.
>>
>Kids not even trying to hide their underage
>Failing a test that's easier than 2+2
>Spending 4000 eurobuckaroos of your parents money on a stupid car
>>
>>14320639
>they were never sold in the UK
I feel that pain acutely when I awaken every day. Only death's cold embrace will bring relief.
>>
>>14320732
It's generally agreed that the driving tests in europe are much harder than those in the states. Plus I don't know how it is elsewhere, but in the UK if you want to drive manual transmission you have to take the test in a manual. The pass rates are less than 50%
>>
OP I hope you know comprehensive is cheaper than third party fire and theft.

Don't buy black box, do put your parents on your policy as named drivers, do mess with the start date of your insurance as it can change the price by hundreds for no reason what so ever.
>>
>>14320598
Hey don't ask me, it was a long time ago, but all I remember is one day there was a large smashing noise, the alarm went off, a few days later our red Shogun was now a blue one
>>
>>14321168
I didn't know about the start date, I will indeed mess with it, as for a black box, every insurance quote I've had wants to include it when I've run Gocompare on it
>>
>>14319924
>>14319942
They're like £5K for one with ~45K miles
Obviously your insurance will be up though.
>>
>>14319632
>tfw 20
>tfw wanna drive a manual car like other manual bros
>tfw no liscence
>tfw cant even spell that word correctly
>>
Right OP here once more, just did my test and passed, I will give the Colt a test drive Saturday
>>
>>14324664
Nice one bro. Hope you like it.
>>
>>14323430
Your family might be car thieves
>>
>>14320862
>Plus I don't know how it is elsewhere, but in the UK if you want to drive manual transmission you have to take the test in a manual
I think it's like that all over Europe
>>
>>14321168
>, do mess with the start date of your insurance as it can change the price by hundreds for no reason what so ever.
I discovered this the other day
I'm thinking about getting a car soon and the yearly price went down by almost £70 by putting the start date in a months time instead of doing the day after the current day
>>
>>14324510
>>tfw cant even spell that word correctly
kek
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.