[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Blinding trunk light for tailgaters

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 84
Thread images: 11

I want to create a device to deter/harrass/kill tailgaters. Ideally, it will be a blinding light that comes out of the trunk; operated by 1 or 2 button (open/close trunk and on/off lights or dual function switches open&on/close&off); a device electrically powered to open and the hard part to close the trunk; also whether it should run off its own power or the car's battery. Let me know what you all agree to and I will definitely post pics in the future if you are interested.
>>
mounting HIDs in the reverse lights would be less complicated. or you could just try getting out of the way...
>>
have you tried not driving five under
>>
>>14310813
HID would be simple im sure there are kits and everything for an easy install. Seems stupid to put them in the reverse lights. I still want normal light functions for everyday use and try to look inconspicuous. Seems like a cop might ask questions if there is blinding light if i have to back up. As of getting out of the way I live in New Jersey worst drivers ever! Never seen such idiots before.
>>
>>14310822
Yes but this thread is here to fuck up unwanted tailgaters. A way to deal with assholes.
>>
Maybe a mirror could work too
>>
I always picture the people making these threads as being the neckbeardiest of all the neckbeards, like you would never have the balls to do it anyway because you'd be too afraid that someone would confront you about your stupid shit.
>>
put hid in rear seat backwards or something like that
>>
>>14310864
Go to /b/ if u want to shitpost. Im looking for ideas how to do this especially how to make the trunk close. Seems like there isnt anyone here that can figure it out.
>>
>>14310795
What kind of vehicle are you putting this on?
>>
>>14310878
Thats a good idea probably simpler. It might light up the cab tho. Still open to the idea. And its a plus i could probably find a way to conceal it.
>>
Since i gave out where i live all im going to say is the vehicle type is a 4 door sedan. Backseats have no headrest either and top of it runs flush to the backwindow. Makes me think i could maybe run a bar of lights lush against the back window. Like the other dudes post
>>
>>14310822
Tailgating is not justified just because someone is going slow. An intelligent person will hang back so if the slow driver suddenly slams their brakes for some or no reason they won't cause a crash. I never tailgate, even when someone is going maddeningly slow in the passing lane.
>>
>going 10 over in a 60km/h road
>still tailgaiters wanting to go 80+

Jeez man, calm your tits.
>>
>>14310813
>HIDs
>takes time to warm up
lol no, LEDs.
>>
Smokescreen.
>>
I've always wanted to put a fuckbright light in the bed light to blind tailgaiters
>>
Wanting to dangerously interfere with traffic to deal with something that you disagree with is fucking retarded, and two wrongs don't make one right.
>>
File: elementarywapstien.jpg (250KB, 1378x725px) Image search: [Google]
elementarywapstien.jpg
250KB, 1378x725px
>>14310795
>>
I just want to use this for the ones that endanger me and my wife and probably any friends following me just for the laughs.
>>
>driving home in saab 9-3 hatch (big rear window)
>come to a stop light
>bro truck pulls up behind me
>HID x10
>he turns off lights while we wait for green
some bro truck owners are bros

If you are being tailgated, just hit the brakes
>"brake checking is illegal"
That might be true in your state, not mine, that being said it is legal in every state to slam on the brakes to avoid hitting that black dog that ran out in front of you.
>>
>>14310905
you are aware that there are instant on/fast bright hid kits?
>>
Hook up one of those 50" light bard to your back window. Wire it. Hook a switch up to your dash.

it's not that fucking complicated.
There's fucking brotrucks out there with lights going 360 degrees around their trucks.
>>
So if make this light bar across the bottom of my back windshield around the extra aux brake light already installed in there which type of light would be the better for brightness vs concealment vs price?
>>
>>14310975
That seems extremely simple. And should be great for concealment! Kinda takes the fun out of it being so easy. Time to look up sum lightbars!
>>
OP out! Thanks all of you!
>>
>>14311001
kiss me before you go
>>
>>14310853
This is what I'm thinking. Would it be possible to stick one-way mirror coating on my rear windscreen without fucking up the wiper/heating elements? Ideally retroreflector to avoid fucking over anyone who isn't being a cunt.
Because I'm fucking sick of tailgaters with superbright lights. Or just super-bright lights behind me in general. Maybe their own shit reflected back at them would help.
>>
https://jet.com/product/detail/6747f67688c74e059ef6b94660f91c85?jcmp=pla:ggl:hardware_a2:tools_flashlights_headlamps_a2_other:na:na:na:na:na:2&code=PLA15&k_clickid=b3fb6fad-f0c6-4f79-b408-d0fad927000e&abkId=403-496716&gclid=COSutIWgxcoCFYVFaQodCpwHag

Get this and fuck their shit up, these things are super bright.
>>
I compulsively get in front of them and tap by brake so that they just see flashing brake lights. It's worked a couple times, you just have to be persistant.
>>
you can always adjust your side mirrors in such a way that it will shoot there obnoxious HIDs right back at there faces
>>
My uncle had a huge spotlight he kept in the backseat, facing the window, for this exact purpose. Worked like a charm.

There's an easier way to deal with tailgaters though. Just slow down. Keep slowing down. Slow down as much as you need to to make them change lanes. Then gun it and leave them behind. Repeat until bored.
>>
>>14311406
>how to get shot in america
>>
Leaving a bunch of sand in the bed works pretty good for this. Whenever you hit a bump some sand flies up, usually nobody even attempts to tailgate me.
>>
File: LED bar.jpg (392KB, 2400x2400px) Image search: [Google]
LED bar.jpg
392KB, 2400x2400px
>>14310795
buy one of these heavy duty LED bar flood lights, put a heavy red film on it and mount it in your rear window, proceed to brake check tailgaters
>>
File: 14x11-inch convex mirror.jpg (113KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
14x11-inch convex mirror.jpg
113KB, 500x500px
>>14311118
it'd be simpler to get a couple of convex mirrors and mount them to the back of your head rests
>>
OP back. Damn u guys keep getting better ideas. I like this shit. Pics will probably be up in a couple months. Money tight saving for wifes school and trip at the moment but plenty of time for planning.
>>
>>14311489
And then you will blind everyone behind you and police will ass rape you on a daily basis. This thread is a new level of moronic.
>>
>>14311129
I gotta compare what the lumens this thing puts out (1000 btw). Be great with a passenger in the car with me. Seems kinda awkward n shit to point it behind me driving. Good idea tho never thought of that!
>>
>>14310822
You're a fag
>>14310902

This, to be honest. If you want the person to move over, flash your high beams or head lights. Failing that, just wait for the guy in the other lane to pass you and get over to pass him. Tail-gating and instigating aggression is only going to make the guy in front of you double down for the most part since people feel safe and anonymous in their cars. You're just making a problem worse by doing so.
>>
>>14311473
This is real similar to what im thinking about doing. Again i need to check lumens and shit. Id rather have them blinded than to think i am brake checking them. But its a another great and simple idea. It has a low profile too so it wont attract alot of attention which is wat im definitely going for.
>>
>>14312110
I can deal with alot of tailgaters appropriately with no problem. This will be used just for those problem ones that ride ur ass in the slow lane when the fast lane is open for passing. Or when there is poor conditions and u got an ass fag on ur back that could make things alot worse. Trucks and SUVs blinding me in my mirrors doesnt bother me. Yes they are causing me to have a more difficult time and they themselves probably lack awareness of what they are doing. They are usually an acceptable distance behind me to stop.
>>
>>14312104
You are not blinding anyone. The mirror does not create and project its own light. Thats not how mirrors work stupid. Also, notice ur rearview mirror at night how often is it blindingly bright vs how close the car behind you is? Keep me posted.
>>
>>14312104
Nigger just get a headrest cover ir any fucking piece of cloth to cover it, its just a fucking 6inch mirror you can cover it with anything you mongoloid
>>
File: maxresdefault (3).jpg (92KB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault (3).jpg
92KB, 1366x768px
>>14310795
>not shooting flames
>>
>>14310795
>being this edgy
>>
File: 61gnUQzuYBL._SL1296_.jpg (108KB, 1200x1296px) Image search: [Google]
61gnUQzuYBL._SL1296_.jpg
108KB, 1200x1296px
I just use one of these

2200 lumens

blows them the fuck out

Way easier and cheaper than modding your car plus those sort of mods are 100% illegal.
>>
Break up some spark plug ceramic and chuck a hand full out the window when someone is tailgating you.

You'll shatter their windshield.
>>
File: RAGE.png (52KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
RAGE.png
52KB, 200x200px
>>14310795
You only get tailgated by drunk driver who need a car to follow to drive straight, or because you are in their way.

Simply move over, speed up, let the driver pass.
If you are on a single lane road, and no place to pull over, just move over as much as you can while in a passing zone, slow down, and signal for the other vehicle to pass.
Cant do that, than take the bullet, and turn off onto another street allow the vehicle behind you to pass ahead, and then turn back on the road.

Blinding the driver behind you is very illegal.

3 months ago some left lane hogging cunt pulled out his cell phone, and used the strobe option on me when I flashed my lights at him cause he wasnt keeping right. He proceed to follow me and flash his high beams. I eventually got behind him again, and followed him while on a call with the state trooper. I guess it was a very slow night for them cause they had no problem dispatching someone.
The driver must have figured out that I was on the phone with the police, and following him, tried to fake me out a bunch of times, and took a very sharp exit cutting across 2 lanes of traffic. I kept a distance, and followed him all while relying his position to the dispatcher.
He thought he could loose me in side streets, and in a Target parking lot, but that did nothing because the State Trooper was a few blocks behind me, and eventually got to us.

The driver was pulled over, cuffed, and had his vehicle searched.

I had a dash cam, and submitted the video to the police department.
I also left information should they need me as a witness for his court date. (their words)

I didn't stick around long to see what happened, but when I left he was still cuffed, and being questioned by the local PD.

Pretty sure distracting drivers with a bright ass light is reckless endangerment.

I never heard back on this, but I assume he was heavily sited.
driver was some indian cunt driving a beat up corolla. typical.

OP, dont be a cunt.
>>
>>14312435
>Blinding the driver behind you is very illegal.

So is tailgating.
>>
>>14312435
>If you are on a single lane road, and no place to pull over, just move over as much as you can while in a passing zone, slow down, and signal for the other vehicle to pass.
I've done this before, the guy still refused to pass. A truck ended up passing both of us, then he finally thought about passing. I moved to the right again to give him extra room and he slammed on his brakes and proceeded to follow me for 30+ miles. Some people are just retarded.
>>
>>14312466
Well in that case you either call the state trooper, or take things into your own hands.
A friend of mine who lived in the boonies had something like that happen, some asian ricer kid kept following him, basically dicking around with my friend. little did he know that my friend Saturn Wagon was supercharged, and a total sleeper. After getting side by side, my friend was able to pit him, and put his car in a ditch.
Never heard anything on the incident again.

>>14312442
left lane hogger detected
>>
>>14312485
Ill happily move over if you don't ride my bumper.
>>
>>14312510
>Ill happily move over if you don't ride my bumper.
I commute 70 miles everyday, and when I used to drive aggressively, and speed I would flash my lights way ahead of drivers in front of me, and a decent 60% of them move over, the rest I pass on the right and flip them off.

once a month some cunt will brake check me, or start following me for no reason.

I dont tailgate them, but I see a TON of other driver who do. They are in the same situation. They are stuck behind a left lane hogger, and instead of flashing their lights or just passing on the right, they fucking tailgate the shit out of them. I dont get what they try to accomplish.
>>
>>14310882
>Go to /b/ if u want to shitpost

Says the anon trying to blind people piloting a couple tons of plastic, rubber and steel.
>>
When I get faggots riding me with high beams or even during day with no high beams. I take my foot of the gas and just glide till they pass me. Works every time. I'm not going to go faster cause your faggot ass is to stupid to have some common sense and keep some distance between me and yourself.
>>
wire a switch to your brake light sensor a scare the shit out of them without actually applying the brake
>>
Literal sperglord idea. You want a blinding light to come out of an automated trunk when driving along?
Just brake check mother fuckers if it annoys you that much.
>>
>>14312442
Intentionally trying to kill other drivers is far more illegal and the sort of asspained fucktard to make a thread like this likely does 10 under and considers anybody within a mile of them tailgating.

OP remove your stupid ass from the gene pool
>>
They're called rear fog lights anon
>>
>>14310828
It would enhance the your vision when backing up. It isn't hindering the performance of your reverse lights. It's actually making it better LOL. Pretty inconspicuous too nothing really has to change except the bulb.
>>
>>14310795
I've brought it up in these threads before, but this absolutely freaks out whoever is behind you. Without hitting your brakes take it out of gear, and barely put it in reverse. Don't actually put it in gear, just press the shifter.
This causes the reverse lights to come on. It will be the last thing they expect.
>>
>>14313058
great suggestion! this actually does work. I tried it before. it wont let you ever enter reverse while driving forward, so you can just tap it into reverse a few times, this will cause your lights to blink and freak out teh driver behind!
fucking brilliant!
>>
Airplane landing lights. Get the cheap $20 version

https://www.aircraftspruce.ca/catalog/elpages/landinglites.php
>>
File: 1412710024846.gif (1MB, 300x227px) Image search: [Google]
1412710024846.gif
1MB, 300x227px
>>14310795

>someone tailgating you
>slow down and slowly pull handbrake
>no brake lights + them tailgating + you slowing down suddenly + always at fault rearending + hurt neck + lost wages + mental distress + jew lawyer = PAYDAY!
>>
>>14310795

This light setup would definitely be illegal and could probably get you a murder or attempted murder charge if you lit them off in the wrong place at the wrong time. That shit isn't worth it. No no no... To troll the tailgater, you need to understand the tailgater. They tailgate because they:

A) Think they're better than you and are entitled to reach their destination first.
B) Are perpetually late for work or other commitments and mistakenly believe they can make up time they have already lost.
C) They speed everywhere they drive and 70 in a 60 is just not fast enough for them.

In any case, you need to understand that when someone begins to tailgate you, you already have the upper hand. You can be sure that white hot rage is welling up inside that motorist every second they remain behind you. Why not exacerbate this rage?

My 100% legal suggestion. Modify the angle on your window washer nozzles to shoot over the top of your car and dump a gallon and a half of window washer fluid on them. Bowles Fluidics makes a variety of high flow window washer pumps and nozzles if you want to take your revenge sprayer setup to the next level.

Cheers!
>>
I find that popping a fireball at 'em is usually all it takes. Kinda of unreliable and the downshifting alerts them that something's up, though it sometimes makes it seem like I'm racing and baits them even closer. One of those ricey fireball kits is probably the best way to achieve this without either having a hugely modified engine or one that runs like shit.

Also liked some anon's suggestion in another thread to activate the reverse lights by pushing the shifter to reverse without engaging the gear. I'd have to add a switch to do it, though since my lights won't activate before the gears grind.
>>
>>14312104
do you not know how mirrors work or something? they only reflect the light from cars behind you, the closer the car the brighter it gets, during normal driving nobody should be bothered by it, but as they get closer the reflection will get stronger. on top of that it's a passive device, if a cop sees a blinding white LED light coming from the back of your car you are 100% getting caught.
>>
File: Point Blur_Jan222016_031855.jpg (4MB, 1771x3148px) Image search: [Google]
Point Blur_Jan222016_031855.jpg
4MB, 1771x3148px
>>14310975
yeah bro. lights facing backwards bro
>>
Just slam the brakes, it always works
>>
Rig up a pair of tanks in the trunk and fill them with a two part epoxy, then run a pair of pumps and some hoses through the trunk lid to a pair of nozzles.

Wire them to a switch on the dash and then spray epoxy all over the tailgater's radiator, hood, and windshield.
>>
>>14310795
do what any normal person would do and brakecheck them, when they inevatbly crash into you claim every single thing you can from them
>>
>>14312435
You sound like the biggest faggot in the world
>>
>>14312526
Grats on being the main problem with driving these days, self-entitled brat.
>>
File: Fuller_121002-8390-680x453.jpg (54KB, 680x453px) Image search: [Google]
Fuller_121002-8390-680x453.jpg
54KB, 680x453px
Cowboy Studio dslr camera flash trigger, transmitter and receiver. Receiver will take the flash. Transmitter mounts on camera. Will trigger the flash when camera fires, used when you want the flash off camera.
Transmitter also has a test button to trigger the flash without using a camera.
It uses batteries, as do dslr flashes. You cant beat the brightness of flash with anything, a powerful one can light up a scene in full bright sunny daylight. And theres no wires to fuck with.
>>
>>14317704
>implying the problem is not people who are too stupid to understand slower traffic keep right.
My state will fucking ticket people who camp out in the left lane. Because it is a problem.
>>
>>14314960
>implying I have comprehensive coverage

Such is the life of a poorfag
>>
>>14310795
I put HIDs in my reverse lights. Subaru wagons have retardedly bright reverse lights from factory so HIDs just made it better. I have a button I hit that turns them on as long as I hold the button. They still function as normal for reverse.
>>
>>14314960
Or you could drop a gear.
>>
>>14310937
>black dog
Say you thought it was a child. Never an animal.

Causing a crash over critters isn't wise.
>>
>>14313058
I'd be curious to see how this feels with a synchronized reverse gear.
>>
File: 1452546330253.gif (2MB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
1452546330253.gif
2MB, 300x169px
>>14320661
>synchronized
>reverse gear
>reverse gear
>synchronized
>>
BIG Laser pointer on a servo gimbal with a camera panel and then route an LCD up front with controls to aim it at your opponents face.

More complicated but alot less noticeable and way more effective. You could even do it in traffic during the day without anybody noticing, so no witnesses if for some reason that's an issue.
>>
I usually just engine brake on the freeway if someone is tailgating. It scares the shit out of people behind when they notice they are about to hit me. I drive fast but when I'm not I move over to not get in peoples way. Some people just need to go super fast (I do about 80 to 90)
Thread posts: 84
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.