[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does /o/ feel about people who name their cars?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 4

File: carnames.png (117KB, 620x381px) Image search: [Google]
carnames.png
117KB, 620x381px
How does /o/ feel about people who name their cars?
>>
>>14308403
>those names
I couldn't care less about what people do with their own property but what the fuck is the deal with Pippa?
>>
>>14308403

Autism
>>
>>14308403
naming a car is fine but it's not a person, all it something cool.
fucking daniel?
>>
>>14308403
YOU LOVED BRAD
O
U

L
O
V
E
D

B
R
A
D
>>
>>14308403
>Pippa
>>
File: 1453677980749.jpg (97KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1453677980749.jpg
97KB, 600x600px
pure aspergers

>faggot brother names his guitar
>dude can you bring me Penelope
>what?
>my guitar
>you named your guitar
>y-yes

>mfw
>>
I named my car Trayvon because me and Trayvon Martin have the same birthdays and my car is black.
>>
>the year of our Lord two thousand and sixteen
>giving your car a male name

You're wrong. All cars are female. All of them. From the smallest mini to the largest of semi trucks. They are all female. They take your money, cause you endless stress the longer you're with them, and you only truly enjoy them when you're inside of them.

I name my cars after Norse goddesses. Wife named her truck after a Supernatural character.
>>
>>14308783
>all this aspegers

McFucking killyourself faggot
>>
>not naming your cars after girls you had crushes on in school

wew lads
>>
>naming your car
im not a gay miata owner so no
>>
>>14308773
>refers to it as a first name, as though he's already introduced you to "Penelope"
I hope you gave him so many titty twisters.
>>
I thought about naming my car, but then I realized I didn't like taking dicks up my ass.
>>
>>14308885
>being this much of a stalker creep
>>
"Funny" names are ok
Female names are spergy
Male names are spergy and kinda gay
>>
>>14308783
Sounds a lot like my ex toy boy.
What's your dad's name again?
>>
>>14308403
Mine usually goes by "asshole" or "piece of shit"
Things along those lines.
>>
>>14308783
>They are all female
Are the trucks with testicles trannies then?

>yo dawg i herd u like trannies so i put a tranny in ur tranny
>>
>>14308426
>>14308773
>>14308904
This. If you refer to your car as something other than "the car," "my car" or the make/model then you're just autistic.
>>
>>14308783
Reminds of a saying i heard from a wise middle aged woman "If its got tits or tires it'll give ya a problem one way or another"
>>
>>14308885
>not going back to your old high school parking lot and doing a burnout so you still look cool
>>
>>14308403
I call it "shitbox" or "putt-putt"
>>
I call mine 'Ford'
>>
I just use a corruption of the actual make or model with car friends.
>>
>>14309211
>if you do something that is completely normal you are autistic
Anon, anthropomorphism is not new or a sign of autism.
>>
I refer to my cars as "car" when they're fucking up. But all cars are female.
>>
>>14309211
you don't know what autism is
>>
>>14309211
That's quite the opposite of autism, actually, but I agree that it usually sounds stupid.
>>
Referred to my e39 as my office because it was the vehicle of choice for rolling up and smoking. My friend would be like "lets smoke" and id be like "step into my office"
>>
>>14308783
>>
>>14308773
I dont mind when people name things, but when they expect other people to know/care then it gets pretty autism. I named my guitar and car but id never expect anyone to call them by those names.
>>
I drive a peugeot

I call my car "the pug"

since I don't know anyone else who drives one, the name has stuck with my friends and family lel
>>
I call my cars by their color, or model, like normal people. If its a truck I refer to it as female, and if its a car I refer to it as male. (Because in my language the transaltion of truck is a female word and car is a male word)
>>
I drive a Lexus
and so I call my car Alexys
>>
>>14308773
I don't see anything wrong here, he just likes his guitar. Most of my guitar buddies are the same way. Most, if not all, are named after ex-girlfriends. Seems to be a trend.
>>
>>14309211
But how will I be able to tell the difference between the different years of the same models if I have to only say the make and model? A 1994 Ranger and a 1979 Ranger are very different vehicles. A 1966 D100 and a 1973 D100 are very different. Some also hold a special meaning, like my first truck which gives me nothing but problems. It's the orange turd, or "that fucking truck" when it pisses me off.

>obviously I'm going to go by the year. Stop being literally autistic
>>
>>14309211
regularly acting like an expert on a subject when you're utterly clueless is pretty autistic too anon
>>
350z
Sharkeisha
>>
>>14308403
I name my car because it's actually useful, which is more than I can say for people who have pets for reasons other than security or pest control.
>>
280z
Z or the Unfairlady since I'm still fixing that bitch
>>
>>14309754
/thread

Call it a fun name if you want, just don't be "that" guy.
>>
I don't name my cars, but thats because I'm uncreative

I raced a blacked out dodge dart thats license plate said dartvdr or something similar to that, thats more autistic than naming your car
>>
>>14309904
>not having a loyal friend who will love you forever

Faggot
>>
>>14308885
That's what you're supposed to do with your rifle
>>
all the techs at my shop name their cars, cammy, grover, and mine, "the bastard"
>>
Lets see I got, patsie 94 f350, Roberta 91 f450, lisa 97 4runner, Jasmine 89 toyota pickup, big momma 01 sequoia, Billie 96 tacoma, Stacy 02 mdx, jenny 51 ford f1, Bertha 87 C30, Martha 72 c50. And thats just what I currently own.

Names are fine, but dont go walking threw a car lot with a name in your head already. No two "used" cars are the same. Not every name fits the personality of the car. Drive it for awhile the name will pop in your head.

Yes I said cars and trucks have personalities.

Fawk off trolls.
>>
File: byYIgQA.jpg (63KB, 960x668px) Image search: [Google]
byYIgQA.jpg
63KB, 960x668px
>>14308403
I think it's silly, unless it's relevant to the car itself like the deathvette
>>
>>14308775
Can I shoot your car
>>
>>14311559

>take my cool corvette out on the road
>bird flies into turbo inlet
>everything explodes
>everything went exactly as expected
>>
>>14309211
>Wut
Just gonna put it out there that if it really bothers you that much that other people name their cars, you're autistic. Being intensely bothered by irrelevant things that other people do with you involved is basically the definition of autism, faggot.
>>
>>14309211
So when I own multiples of the same vehicle im supposed to say " going to take my car" or "jump in my toyota pickup" witch one? " the white one" there's 3 of them" oh jump in "Jasmine" problem solved
>>
>>14311794
>having 3 trucks of the same maker, model, color
>>
>>14308403
Faggots
>>
>>14311794
You have a fleet. Start numbering them
>>
>>14309223
>mfw I did this
>mfw fucking huge smokey burnout
>dip outta there as fast as I can
>two minutes later see a cop car with lights and sirens on driving down the road to where I just did a burnout
>didn't get caught
>wew lad
>mfw those tire marks lasted all summer and into the fall
>>
>>14308471
"And then you totaled him..."
*scrunchy angry-Asian face ofc*
>>
>>14308462
Came here to say this. If >>14308403 are the best they can up with, I feel that they need to be more imaginative.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QHAwz34T_o
evry time my car breaks down
>>
Named my MR2 "Mister Ni" and Mister Two is so overused. Ni is the Japanese word for two and JDM bro.
Think it's unique and my uncle believes it to be extremely unlucky to not have a name for a boat/car/plane so he kept asking me what I named it.
>>
The wife named her old shitbox Tercel Bosco because it's dented panels and faded plastic bumpers give it the air of an old Russian man.

I agree though, common names are dumb. Sometimes a catchy name can fit the bill though.
>>
>>14308403
>mfw i call my car "lawnmower"
Thread posts: 62
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.