[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

WHO IS AT FAULT? https://ca.news.yahoo.com/edmonton- mans-e

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 6

File: bubbles.gif (105KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
bubbles.gif
105KB, 640x480px
WHO IS AT FAULT?

https://ca.news.yahoo.com/edmonton-mans-engine-destroyed-oil-080000491.html?nhp=1

It must be a slow news day when this winds up in the news.

But the story seems really fuckey.
>>
>>14295199
It's the owners fault for owning a Mitsubishi.
I bet the filter was just fine and Mitsubishi just made a shitty product as usual.
>>
>>14295199
Mr Lube.

Doesn't matter for shit what they claim, the engine blew up just after 1 week of being in the shop and an independent mechanic verified that a faulty part caused it.
The shop that installed it is at fault, end of story. Now if the part was wrong, that's the shops job to take up with the supplier and if it was correct but installed by a retard then they either fire the mechanic or use the insurance they should have to cover this exact scenario.

The owner should talk to his car insurance company. It might very well be that they will cover the repairs and then sue mr lube for the full cost with interest.
>>
>Jessica MacQuarrie
Well I've noticed the problem here right away.
They don't even know what caused the engine to fail. Did they even open it up?

It was just a fuckin lemon. With defects from the factory surely
>>
>>14295258
The car's 2 years old, retard. ft it was a defect from the factory it would've exploded before literally 8 days after a mechanic touched it.
>>
I'm not a filter expert.
But if it screwed on the vehicle and made a seal then how would it cause an issue?
If it didn't make a seal then it would have blown up on the drive home. Assuming no one noticed tons of oil spewing out. Which they would notice because they start it to check for leaks before it leaves.
>>
>>14295298
>all seals are either perfect or non-existent
Leave.
>>
>>14295317
That's not what I said at all
>>
>>14295298
>But if it screwed on the vehicle and made a seal then how would it cause an issue?
It really can't desu, if it fits it fits.
The only difference between filters is the bypass valve pressure, which still wouldn't cause the engine to seize if it was wrong.
I'd say that it's just bad luck and the engine took a shit.
But to really be sure, I'd say take the engine apart and see exactly what went wrong.
>>
>15k for new engine
are they doing an ls swap?
>>
>>14295277
Could still be a lemon. 2 years old is quite new.
All the Mr. Lube could've fucked up on is not fill it up with oil or overtighten the drain plug badly so it starts leaking. But in either case the owner would've been ignoring some pretty serious warning signs for some time before the car's failure. Even in the description given there's no mention of any noises or fumes/smoke.
>>
>>14295335
Thrown in labor probably.
>>
>>14295320
Except it's exactly what you said, 100% to the fucking word.

If one part of the rubber seal is damaged, a small oil leak will occur and be very possible for nobody to pick this up. It being a 2014, the owner probably assumed it had no dipstick like all the other modern pieces of shit and therefore relied on computers to warn of low oil pressure and/or level.
This didn't happen, the engine lost enough to seize itself after the engine warning light came on and they continued to drive because manufacturers are dumb cunts who use the same warning light for minor problems as they do for 'lol ur engine has no oil'.

Everybody in this situation is at the wrong, but the end result is that the fucking engine blew up 8 days after leaving the shop.
The shop failed and are ultimately responsible, end of story.
>>
>>14295335
It's a brand new engine from a dealership with dealership labor charges.
Think 1/3rd for a matching or lower mileage used engine done at non-spackle labor rates.
>>
>>14295355
>Except it's exactly what you said, 100% to the fucking word
No
>>
File: 1440032378835.jpg (36KB, 580x435px) Image search: [Google]
1440032378835.jpg
36KB, 580x435px
>>14295355
Stop being a nigger. No one ever said the vehicle lost oil. All we know is it failed. That filter will work fucking fine as long as it sealed up. The engine blew up not because of the oil change but because it was going to blow up anyways.

Mitsubishi does this all the time with their cars. Fuck mine takes two different filters of different diameters you fuckwad depending on which year and market you look it up for. If it seals it seals.
>>
>>14295355
>the fucking engine blew up 8 days after leaving the shop.
Is simply no proof for the fact it is the garages' fault. It could well be a little coincidence. Shit like this happens all the time, go read a book on probability.

They know that a filter which fits and is genuine was installed (which is surprising unless the guy specified it). I presume they also know the car had enough oil in it since that is easy to check. So really they should just find out what the fuck exactly caused the car to fail since it's under warranty
>>
>>14295355
Some maggots are flies, no fly is welcome. Conclusion: no maggots are welcome
True or false?
>>
>>14295374
>Engine seized 8 days after getting an oil change
Well golly fucking gee you dimwitted pile of shit, i wonder what happened
>>
>>14295424
Mitsubishi happened.
If there was no oil leak then they can't blame the filter
>>
File: 1419842103463.jpg (90KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
1419842103463.jpg
90KB, 640x427px
>>14295424
The engine seized for unknown reasons you dimwit. That filter fits the car too.

I bet you're the type of faggot who thinks the shop fucked up his car when something breaks after visiting them. Get this fuckwad, sometimes shit breaks. Probability nigger. Unless the car lost oil pressure (which it sounds like it didn't) then the oil change is inconsequential.
>>
>even mentioning they used the Mitsubishi USA website instead of the Mitsubishi Canada website

I'm guessing there is literally no difference between Outlanders sold in the US or Canada.
>>
>>14295462
Of course not, however this goes to show Mitsubishi, unsurprisingly, are scumbags.

My friends Evo kept sludging up its oil and they told him to change it every 1500 miles lol. Fuck mitsubishi. Their cars are trash and their interiors are pathetic.
>>
>>14295441
No faggot, i sound like the type of person who works for a shop and can see that when a fucking car explodes not even 2 weeks after you worked on it for reasons related to the thing you worked on, it's time to fucking bend over and either use the insurance or the savings you have specifically for the purpose.

>>14295471
Your friend thrashed the shit out of a high boost turbo car and got told to service it as one, moron.
>>
>>14295507
What if I told you cars broke independent of service you stupid fucking wrench monkey. Changing the oil has nothing to do with catastrophic failure unless there was a trail of oil leading up to where the car died.

And no, the car is a DD and not driven hard at all. 1500 miles is fucking ridiculous. I beat on my non shit cars far harder and without issue.

Mitsubishi a shit and you sir, are a fool.
>>
>>14295199
>oil pump fails
>he ignored warnings
>blames it on the filter (this wouldn't cause the problem)
>if it was leaking oil he would have noticed the car telling him

It's his/the cars fault. At my shop (tuner shop) cars break down all the time after we fix them. because faggot kids crank the boost up, go beat the utter shit out of the car, do hard launches off every stop, and don't repair the things we tell them need repaired. we've had a few come back and try to blame us and we promptly explain why it wasn't our fault. If that doesn't work we tell them to fuck themselves.
>>
>>14295277
????What nigger. a faulty fuel pump. a bad oil channel finally gets clogged. Could be 100 reasons. the filter would never cause this problem.
>>
>>14295355
>14295355
This stupid mother fucker thinks a filter causes an engine to fail. LOLOLOLOL.
>>
>>14295538
Right he can't even answer this simple true or false
>>14295417
>>
>>14295532
>implying it was an oil pump
are you reading something i missed? or are you assuming like half the dumbasses in here?
>>
>>14295354

But a LS swap is only $500 and a weekend?
>>
>>14295543
Im using common sense. There is ZERO REASON the filter would cause the failure. ZERO. The LIKELY culprit is the oil pump or a clog somewhere in the oil channel. That's how you diagnose a car. Start with the MOST LIKELY cause. Which will be the oil pump. The second they blamed the filter they lost ALL credibility.
>>
>muh oil filter it was totally the oil filter!
just like gms damage control with the car and driver c7 that blew up.
>>
>>14295551
I agree with you but it just as well could have jumped timing or hell and ECU failure for all we know.

All the mitsubishi wrench monkey did was see the "wrong" filter throw his hands in the air and say you voided your warranty not our problem.
>>
>>14295551
>There is ZERO REASON a part of the oil system could have caused an oil-related failure
You're a real dumb cunt huh
>>
>>14295566
Jumping timing a little won't seize an engine. ECU won't either.
>>
>>14295580
.........do you even know anything at all? Or are you 17 and just got your first shit box?
>>
>>14295580
Some maggots are flies, no fly is welcome. Conclusion: no maggots are welcome
True or false???
ANSWER THE DAMN QUESTION!!!
>>
>>14295583
"seize"
These are the same asstards who say a bad filter killed the engine for reasons unknown. And yes, jumping timing kills engines all the time on interference engines. For all we know the car just won't start. Could be electronics, could have thrown a rod, seized from oil supply loss, overheated... I mean the possibilities are endless. What I can say is that filter and the lube guys likely had zero to do with it.
>>
>>14295590
>>14295588
He's a mechanic. Most are retarded. Give the grease monkey a break.
>>
>>14295597
True, but I'm basing this on a seized engine. If we don't go by that it could be a million things.
>>
File: Average WRX driver.jpg (45KB, 400x600px) Image search: [Google]
Average WRX driver.jpg
45KB, 400x600px
>>14295230
>>
>>14296808
Yeah swag fags drive evos.
I see tons of them in lancers and eclipse too.
So what's your point?
>>
His fault for not changing his own oil
>>
>>14297621
>Decide to finally get around to swapping the oil in my "it's winter so I can't ride muh motorcycle" shitbox Saturn SC-2
>Drain it, all good
>Go to rip the filter off
>Can't
>Hulk retard strength mode: ENGAGE
>I CAN'T
>Why is this so tight
>Give up, stop by local Mr. Lube
>They get it off
>Previous owner had taken it to Jiffy Lube not long before I bought it
>They fucking over tightened it so goddamned hard that they half-crushed the filter itself
How do you even.
>>
>>14297691
They're taught that on purpose because of engine damage claims won on the "oil filter too loose and all oil lost" argument. Some of which might even have been true.
>>
>>14297691
Most likely forgot to put some oil on the rubber gasket
>>
>>14297705
Well, I can understand that, but geez.
>>14297733
The filter housing was crushed, Anon. It was completely flat on one side. I don't see how oil on the gasket would have helped.
>>
>>14297746
>I don't see how oil on the gasket would have helped.
>>
Mr. Lube sounds like a $13.95 oil change place.

that's where you went wrong
>>
>>14295355
lmao'ing @ ur lyfe
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.