[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dew Trail CYOA #29

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 320
Thread images: 38

File: 1951-Henry-J-Ad-03.jpg (94KB, 1200x775px) Image search: [Google]
1951-Henry-J-Ad-03.jpg
94KB, 1200x775px
Info: http://pastebin.com/9LsCaFcU

Quick Summary: Looking for a new ride on a budget.

>>14277808
With noon rolling around soon you don't want to take the chance of not being here when Erika shows up, you've come too far to fuck up now.

You get lost in watching some game shows on TV to pass the time, your mind wondering around.

Building up that Henry J is going to take quite a bit of money, maybe more than you have. Working for Carpenter makes a little money but you won't be getting another big payday until Sunday.

Hmm, maybe you should sell the parts you have left from the 350? You still have your old Isky cam, stock heads, valves, carb, and air cleaner. Then again maybe you could pickup another small block Chevy and put those on, should save some money. You don't see yourself getting another 350 and transmission though, would those parts even work out on a lesser engine?

Ehh, you'll grab them either way, if you do pick up that car you're gonna need a tow that'll send you to Carpenter's anyway.

The Savoy isn't going to be very fast, just a 318 in a big car like that? Thing probably weighs more than the Packard but at least it runs and should be pretty damn comfortable to ride around in. Still bound to be faster than the Valiant too, much more livable and having 3 Plymouths in the family would be kinda cool.

That VW that June was talking about could be fun, it'd be completely different from anything you've driven so far. Sure it won't be fast now but you know you can fix that, you'd have $240 left over after buying to play with. No idea on how far that will get you on one though, having a VW crew to run around with doesn't sound so bad.

Speaking of things completely different, there's Sharon's panhead or whatever it was she was selling. You don't even know how to ride and knowing how Erika was around her last time it may not be wise to get here to take you to Al's. You don't even know how to ride so you'd have to learn that.
>>
>>14278985
There's also those old Ford's at Rick's garage, those old things can't weigh too much and with a more modern engine should move pretty good. Sure his and Carpenter's cars might be quick but those old ancient engines can't compare to what's around these days can they?

As much as you'd like to win the '55 back you don't even know if they'd let you race for it, though having another fast car would just be fun in general. There has to be other ways to get that car back if they don't want to race.

Suddenly someone is trying to break down the door.

Of course Erika would knock like that.

You open the door, for whatever reason she's dressed "nice" today...well at least that black and white striped shirt is a change from the norm.

"You ready?" she asks

"Need to grab some parts and the directions and I'll be good to go."

"Just don't keep me waiting for a long time." she replies, already walking back to her still running car

By time you come back out with what you wanted to get she's popped the trunk, you get the parts loaded up and get in the passenger's seat.

"So where, we goin' Georgie?"

A) Savoy
B) Henry J
C) Record store, get details on that VW
D) Al's
E) Rick's
F) Carpenter's, can get an idea of what engines you have to work with and prices, maybe sell old parts.
>>
File: Henry_J.jpg (124KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Henry_J.jpg
124KB, 800x600px
B + F.

F after due would need someone who might have a tow rig to haul the Henry J.
>>
>>14278993
B and F.
>>
>>14278993
B
>>
>>14278993
F/B

the savoy is just too big for us to be able to win back the 55 with.
>>
>>14278993
G.
Tell her of our options, let her laugh at them, then ask if she knows any good, cheap cars around.
Savoy and henry J are the best options of all, but they're still both shit.
>>
>>14278993
>>14279076
BFG

(And a Bimmer, too)
>>
B. Henry j
>>
>>14279076
I don't know what you're expecting to find for $440.
>>
A) don't be turdburgalars
>>
>>14279236

Another kick in the balls, cause he loves bitchface.

B, F
>>
>>14278993
A
>>
>>14278993
A) go for the Savoy, it's bound to be better then some shit project
>>
File: 1452968739526.jpg (32KB, 800x1274px) Image search: [Google]
1452968739526.jpg
32KB, 800x1274px
>>14278993
B and F boys, it's the option that Doesn't involve basically tearing apart our other car.
>>
>>14279286
Meant A and F. Didn't read the options right
>>
File: image.jpg (476KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
476KB, 1600x1200px
B & F
>>
A, F
>>
A
>>
Ayy.
>>
>>14279266
>>14279271
>>14279286
>>14279322
>no new IP
>all for A

Come on now.
>>
A. Need $ before projects.
>>
Affff
>>
>>14279334
B
>>
>>14279069
No idea what your talking about the savoy doesn't wiegh in at that much, and it could actually handle a hemi. More then what can be said about some of the other cars on that list.
>>
A with Hemi swap.
>>
>>14279236
A
Only if we turn it into a gasser desu
>>
>>14278993
E
>>
>>14279382
This.
Plus we need extra cash so let's hit up carpenters. A\F
>>
>>14278993
Ayyyids. What kinda goodies does this car have?
>>
A, We need to be Mopar, not project car. Also we need F afterwords.
>>
File: image.jpg (41KB, 562x346px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
41KB, 562x346px
A + engine, trans, brakes and rear from the Packard. Run parts/shine and save up for an 8-71.
>>
>>14280043
That savoy makes me hard.
>>
>>14280098
That's a Fury.
>>
B
>>
>>14280113
*Late 50s mopar makes me hard.
>>
A/F

Gotta get paid After this
>>
>20 ips
>2 are me
>37 posts
>most non-new ips are for A

Am I really going to have to move this to Google forms or some shit?

J is the winner counting the legit posts only and I'll be posting in a few minutes.

>>14279371
A base V8 Savoy (this one ain't no bare bones car) is 3,500.

Even an iron headed big block Chevy, automatic Henry J is going to be under 2,800.
>>
>>14280202
Some of the Henry J votes look pretty samefaggy too, I'm cool with either but that's a shit way to decide things.
>>
File: 1430722102898.jpg (52KB, 560x407px) Image search: [Google]
1430722102898.jpg
52KB, 560x407px
>>14280202
Invasion of the samefags I guess.
>>
>>14280356
I agree. He should just roll a dice and decide that way.
>>
>inb4 I regret having the option to not buy it

>>14278993
"It's just a spot in town, I have the directions right here." you reply

She takes the paper from you when you hold it up, after glancing over she throws it back into your lap.

"Let's go see what piece of shit you get this time!"

You're sure she's going to love this even more than the '55.

It's basically a trip across town, about on the edge of "bad" area. At least Erika drives sensibly, not abusing the fact that you already agreed to pay for gas.

Seeing the rather run down early 50s Dodge sedan with no sign of the Henry J doesn't seem right, did you get the wrong directions or something?

"Oh Georgie, I have high hopes for this one...I'll sit here and get ready to laugh." she says as you get out of the car.

"Well, it's gonna need a tow if I get it, no engine."

No surprise that she laughs at that fact.

Hearing the baby cry before you open the door gives you some hope that you got the right place, you see the curtains shift about before you knock on the door, a guy who looks like he hasn't slept in a couple of days greets you.

"You here about the J right?" he asks

"Yup."

"Follow me." he starts walking around the house

When you get around to the side you see the little mint colored car sitting on a patch of dirt, the paint has dulled with age to the point of looking almost matte.

"No rust, no frame damage, all the pieces are there inside and out if you care about that."

"Naw, I doubt it, gonna be a drag car." you reply looking it over

"I feel you, was my plans but the money just ain't there."

Of course it has a bench seat you'll want to toss for a bucket, that old circle track racer at Carpenter's has that. Cut a hole in the floor for a shifter conversion, probably needs a new rear end to handle any power and some custom work up front to get a V8 in there.

Still, it can't weigh too much and shouldn't take much to get going, given the $45 price tag you should be able to get something in there.
>>
>>14280434
Body looks good too, few dings and scratches here and there but you're not wanting a show car and it's nothing that can't be fixed at some point. You can't give it a full inspection from laying on the ground but you don't see any rust.

Looks like a good candidate for a build.

"So, you want it, we're really needing the cash here."

A) Yeap, time go to Carpenter's.
B) Maybe Erika has the phone number to his yard, if you can use their phone then you could just hang here.
C) Nope, you want to look around some more before deciding.

If you want to look at something else.

W) Savoy
X) Get details on that VW
Y) Al's
Z) Rick's

>>14280356
Only 1 Henry J vote was a samefag unless someone took the time to change IPs every time. And that one was in reply to me original post about samefags.

Honestly it's going to make me skeptical of any future votes for the Savoy since it won't be obvious and I don't really trust it now. :^)
>>
>>14280452
W
>>
>>14280452
A. dis gon be guud
>>
C and W
>>
>>14280458
Sorry, C+W
>>
Cee
>>
A.
Also, damn samefags
>>
C)ena W)ins
>>
>>14280452
Can we get everything from the Packard into the Henry J, today, for the money we have right now? If yes A, if not CW.
>>
>>14280560
i agree with gutting the packard and putting everything in the Henry J
>>
>>14280452
A
>>
>build dragster to race for the '55 back
>it's been stripped of every upgrade we added
seems futile at this point
I still want a savoy gasser though desu so C, W
>>
File: henryjgasser1.jpg (146KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
henryjgasser1.jpg
146KB, 1920x1080px
A.

Henry J time.
>>
>>14280452

A mother fuckers Jesus christ
>>
>>14280560
>>14280566

> We need money, gut the car that brings in our income

Are you listening to yourself?
>>
>>14280731
We have a work car to run parts. Flathead sucks but whatevs. Henry J is useless if we can't build it immediately and if that's the case I'd rather have the Fury.
>>
>>14280560
>today

That I don't know, it's a big project, not likely to be done in time to make it to the strip for sure.

>money

We'd still have to buy some stuff but if we take parts from the Packard we can pull it off easily.

If we have to buy an engine and trans I'm sure we can work something out with Carpenter or cut it close.

>>14280603
I don't know how you guys expect to build a gasser with $40.

Even with the 426 swapped in it'd be like the same performance as the Packard.

>>14280731
The car we only use on Sunday, it's Thursday.

Swap engine over to Savoy or Henry J, put back in Packard on Saturday or Sunday morning.

Or we legalize the Packard to use as a tow vehicle and swap the Hemi back and forth in at tracks and focus on racing kek.
>>
>>14280778
Isn't the packards engine like bone stock?
>>
>>14280813
Just a bone stock 426 Street Hemi with only 425 horsepower.
>>
Come on you catfuckers. Trying to strip the Packard... How the fuck are we going to deliver shine? Would carpenter even let us use the work car for that?
I vote for A
>>
>>14280846
Then why not upgrade the fuck out of it like we did with the 55's 350
>>
>>14280860
You know that's the first thing people are gonna do if we get the henry j
>>
>>14280860
>votes for Henry J
>doesn't want Hemi J
What's your plan then?
>>14280861
It's already a shitload of engine but we can put an 8-71 on it and get like 600 hp. The main problem is 60s tire technology.
>>
>>14280778

> Swap engine twice a week
> Break down with a load of shine
> Die
>>
>>14280846
>only

Our blown 350 "only" made 490 hp,

It wouldn't take much to btfo that number with the 426

>>14280860
Carpenter doesn't care what we do to the Packard, it's our car. He has nothing to do with the shine game.

The beater panel van Ford is his work car.

>>14280905
>swap engine once
>maybe get '55 back
>swap it back to Packard

???
>>
>>14280924

> Swap once
> Lose again
> or blow engine up
> Have zero running cars
> need to deliver shine
> for people you don't want to owe stuff to
>>
>>14280933
We'll still have the Valiant m80
>>
>>14280933
Then what's the point of even buying another car.

We should just use the Valiant and do fuck all unless it's to work for Carpenter or Al.
>>
>>14280967
Can't race the Packard, autists made us lose the 55

It's for shining.
>>
Double-u (W)
>>
>>14280986
But neither the Savoy or Henry J is going to race anything without an engine swap.

Savoy is completely fucked unless we drop the Hemi in it, we won't have money to do anything with it.
Henry J we could maybe make something work out since we'll have $395 to work with. Who knows if it'd be fast enough to take on Brian just yet though.
>>
>>14280986
Then why not shave 1500 lbs off the shine running car? The Hemi J will outrun anything in a straight line.
>>
>>14281025

Run shine this weekend. Buy engine. Race next week.

J doesn't look big enough and the Packard has the mods already>>14281043
>>
>>14280452
a
>>
>>14281057
Literally this desu cuck senpai
>>
>>14281057
That means we either gotta get the Packard legal or we're stuck driving the Valiant until the Henry J is done. Might as well buy dad's Valiant and put the Hemi in it.
>>
>>14281190

> Can't drive dad's valiant for another three days until the shine run

Waaaaa
>>
>>14280603
Fuck it, changing to A so OP can have his way.
Not like we can race either of these sacks of shit until we come across some more money.

>racing brian for a stripped '55
should've just bought a new one and called it a day
>>
>>14280452
"Yeah man, I think I will, just need to get a tow truck out here." you reply

His face lights up the instant he knows you're buying it,

"That's great, today was the 1st day it was in the paper, didn't expect to sell it this quick!"

He probably wouldn't have a problem selling it if you didn't come a long, you're just glad you got to it before anyone else.

"Good thing I decided to check out the paper then, I'll be back in a few."

You run around the house, back to the Olds.

"So?" Erika asks when you get into the car

"I'm gettin' it, need to go to Carpenter's to get a tow."

Nothing else is said until a ways down the road.

"So I'm getting tired of waiting, what is it?" she asks

That didn't take long.

"A minty Henry J."

"Pfffttahaha, a fucking Henry J?"

"I need to build something fast, they don't weigh much so it should be a good place to start."

"Guess getting your ass kicked by a stripped out car taught you something after all. Even if it's faster than your Chevy was it'll still be a piece of shit though!"

What in the hell does it take for a car to not be a piece of shit?

"How would it be a piece of shit if it was that fast?"

"A good car can do everything well, stop, go, and turn. Anything that can't do all 3 is a piece of shit. "

That's a little harsh.

"I take it that's how you got to wantin' this car?"

"Yup, it's plenty fast, handles amazingly, stops better than anything I've driven so far, and still has a radio and AC. It's the BEST overall car there is!."

You don't know about it being the best overall but it's a nice car no doubt.

"There's nothing wrong with pieces of shits though, some people don't want to do everything, that's fine too." she adds on "As long as the car makes you happy it's a good car in all honesty."

That feels like it was directed at you, whether or not it was or not you don't know. Either way that's one of the "sweeter" things you've heard her say.
>>
>>14281693
You've got some time to talk before you make it to Carpenter's, could ask her some questions.

A) Ask her about that brake light mod.
B) Wonder if she'd help out with the Henry J?
C) What other cars has she driven?
D) Does she want to go to the drag strip later?
E) This thing is slower than both cars you've had, what a slow piece of shit.
F) Why didn't she run or kick you when you tried to kiss her last night?

>>14281668
A was in the lead by 2 votes anyway,

>implying the '55 has been parted out

Brian wants to flaunt that thing as a trophy so he can rub it in your face.

He might get the idea to try and stick the Paxton on his car though...
>>
>>14281707
A B C D, goddammit.

>flaunting the '55
he better hope he doesn't flaunt it in front of us, we can always follow him to where he's storing it btw :^)

Yeah I figured the thing that'd be gone was the supercharger.
I really want to push his shit in, regardless of if we get the '55 back or not.
>>
>>14281707
B, C, D
>>14281745
I motion we modify the Packard for rammin' and slammin'
>>
>>14281745
Samefag here.
B D, then C when we're leading the tow truck to the house, in that order. if she agrees to B, we can always ask her about A later.
>>
File: jr 9.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
jr 9.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Okay, so the plan is to drive the valiant and packard for a few days until the next shine run. In the meantime, we scrounge carpenters yard with best waifu and get the J all ready to be the fastest car this side of the Appalachian mountains.

Does anybody agree?
>>
>>14282017
Packard only gets driven when we have a run.
we should bring the Packard to the hanger after we pick up the HJ.

Also, what can be done to the Packard besides painting it to make it look inconspicuous, or at least moreso so that the coppers won't tail us?
>>
>>14282047
Paint it beige; the hardest color to identify.
>>
>>14282047
I meant just drive it when we're doing illegal things
>>
File: DSC_0195.jpg (3MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0195.jpg
3MB, 3840x2160px
Henry J gasser stance when
>>
>>14281707
>He might get the idea to try and stick the Paxton on his car

Good, let's hope he can't get any traction, has a terrible launch, and blows up his engine.
>>
>>14282135
A, C. Forgot to vote
>>
>>14282017
I agree
>>
>>14281707
b, c, d
>>
A, b,c,d

Best waifu
>>
A B C D
>>
>>14282017
I vote immediately build Hemi J, spend a few days learning to drive it then race and get the 55 back.
>>14282056
Mint green is better.
>>
>>14282981
It'd be even more amazing if we put some nice lettering on the side saying''Henri J'', with an offcolour line between the N and R, so you can read it as both Henri en Hemi.
>>
>>14283028
Sounds gay.
And you should kill yourself if you plan on stripping our only means of income.
>>14282981
HJ is already mint, we're talking about painting the Packard.
>>
>>14282047
>>14282056
>>14282981
>>14283039
Moss Green is my choice.
>>
>>14283028
>Henri
>French
Yeah that's pretty gay.
>>14283039
The Packard isn't our only source of income.
>>
I was think about when the detective offered info on where the 55 is, almost thought it was a good idea, but we ain't no snitch. Why don't we ask Al if he can get a few eyes out for it. Maybe he can get someone to convince the asshole that scrapping it is a good idea, and it conveniently ends up at Carpenter's.
>>
>>14283234

Why not just pay all to steal it back for us
>>
A & C

We need a ferd 460 stroked to 500 for our henry J
>>
>>14281707
A+C+B

Why not.
>>
>>14281769
>not wanting to ram and slam Erika in the Packard if you know what I mean
>>
File: Wait_a_second.png (164KB, 418x440px) Image search: [Google]
Wait_a_second.png
164KB, 418x440px
>>14284421
No idea what you mean anon.
>>
>>14284432
You'll find out when you're older son
>>
>>14284421
>not wanting to track down Brian and Deb
>not wanting Erika to join in to sodomize them with a literal camshaft if you know what i mean
>>
>>14281707
B)C)D)

I will find it funny that Brian had scrapped the 55'

We go for a race against him :
"race for pinks! I want my 55' back"
"ok lets do it"
>we win (maybe)
"yes! I want my car back"
"Too bad I scrapped it two weeks ago"
Jamie's face when => :-|
>>
Back to not posting until past midnight again starting tonight.

>>14281707
"So what cars have you driven?" you ask

"A lot of European cars, other than my dad's Rocket 88 this is the only American car I've driven, you sure you want the whole list?"

"I'm sure."

Why wouldn't you want it?

"Alright then Georgie, '50 Olds Rocket 88, '58 Porsche 356 1600, '64 Saab Granturismo 850, '62 BMW 1500, '64 BMW 1800, '64 NSU Spider, '68 Fiat 124 Spider, and of course my Hurst Olds."

Why couldn't your dad be a rich racer, it's just not fair!

"The 356 and Rocket 88 are in storage, we still keep the 1800, GT850, Fiat, my car, and a Mercedes at home. The NSU was junk, fuck apex seals!"

Wait a minute, they have 5 cars at home, one of them happens to be a Saab and it's obvious they have money. She could've used the Saab while the Olds was being worked on, even the engine builder brother has a place with a love for cars too. No reason to bring it up now is there?

"Any of them modified?"

"Little improvements here and there on most, can't leave them alone for long."

"Any others have that brake light mod that this car has?"

"Nope, that's exclusive to my car, comes in handy with how I drive. Got a few kill switches under the dash for lights."

You try to look over to get a look and notice something else, why the hell does this car have 4 pedals? Gas, brake, parking brake, and what?

She apparently notices you wondering and stomps it, the rear looks up and with some steering wheel work it gets turned around with a quickness, after a short sprint back up to speed you're going the right way again. Good thing you're already out in the country.

"Only works on one brake!" she happily yells

This damn car was made to get away from the law.

"Did you do it or-"

"Nope, you've probably delivered to them by now, the Lassiter's did it. You should go see them before your stupid ass ends up in jail."

Can't say you're surprised.

"Yup, I know 'em, you do any work to your car though?"
>>
>>14284664
"I don't like working on cars, I don't do it unless I have to. I'm a driver not a mechanic."

Don't guess she's going to help you out any then.

You've still got a question or 2 you'd like to ask but your arrival at Carpenter's has you ready to see how much a tow is going to cost.

You and Erika both get out of the car and find him working on that roadster in the shed. It's got some cheater slicks with different wheels on the back now but other than that it looks the same. He can't work on a car without music blaring so you get ready to yell.

"Hey Carpenter!" you yell out "How much would it be to tow a car?"

He turns down the radio and walks out to greet you both, looks like he's been busy getting ready for the strip.

"Howdy, rare to have both of my drivers here at the same time these days. Dep-"

"Yeah, guess this idiot worked out after all!" Erika says smugly

"Maybe better than you, he's been doing more runs and helping out around the yard." Carpenter replies with a grin "Back to the topic, it depends on how far it needs to be towed."

You can tell Erika didn't want to hear that you've been working harder than she has, not like you expected to hear it either.

"It's just in town, so it ain't that long of a ways."

"10 to 15 dollars I'd say, I can get Russel to go pick it up if that's fine."

Damn, that's another cam regrind right there!

"Yeah, that's fine." you reply, not like you have any other way to get it here

With that he leaves to get on the intercom in his office.

"You owe me a dollar, pay up, I got stuff to do." Erika tells you

"You're not runnin' me back?"

"If you can ride in the tow truck why would I? Go get your parts out of my car unless you want to pay another dollar."

A) Ride with Russel
B) Ride with Erika, what's another dollar?

If you're riding with Erika.

V) Ask if she wants to go to the dragstrip
W) Ask if she has a brother.
X) Ask if she knows Renee
Z) Ask if she wants to help you with the Henry J anyway.
>>
File: 1453067959193.png (284KB, 868x2096px) Image search: [Google]
1453067959193.png
284KB, 868x2096px
>>14284686
B
W
>>
>>14284664
> '50 Olds Rocket 88, '58 Porsche 356 1600, '64 Saab Granturismo 850, '62 BMW 1500, '64 BMW 1800, '64 NSU Spider, '68 Fiat 124 Spider, and of course my Hurst Olds

Confirmed best waifu

>>14284686
B) -> X) -> W) -> V)

Even if she's going to say that we are way too curious...

She hadn't met Ronnie if i'm not mistaken?
>>
>>14284686
B
VW

Thanks for fucking us, OP.
>>
>>14284709
>She hadn't met Ronnie if i'm not mistaken?

She hasn't.

>>14284717
>Thanks for fucking us, OP.

How?

Besides maybe you guys shouldn't be sluts. :^)
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 600x337px
>>14284752
We need to end the Waifu wars

Death to all Cheryl, Renee, Julia, and Sharon fags
>>
>>14284752
>She hasn't.

oh! sorry for the mistake, english is not my mother tongue.

>Besides maybe you guys shouldn't be sluts. :^)

Tie me to the heater, whip me and insult me in german! aaaaaaaaaaarh!
>>
>>14284773
He wasn't correcting you, just answering your question, friend.
Are you dutchfag?

>>14284752
You should at least buy us all dinner.
I like to have a full stomach before I get fucked.
>>
>>14284686

A)

We're done with her, homies.

Stop giving her free attention.
>>
>>14284447
Thanks Anon, you always know what to say
>>
>>14284764
The waifu wars never really started, Erika has been the only force.

>>14284804
I'm not doing any fucking so why would I buy dinner?

If things get fucked with Erika it's the voter's fault not mine.
>>
File: 1280px-1951_Henry_J.jpg (282KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
1280px-1951_Henry_J.jpg
282KB, 1280x960px
>>14284686
A

And I hoep that our new henry J will always have this cute front
>>
>>14284686
A
W
V
>>
>>14284686
B, v, w and tell her we fucked Renee
>>
>>14286023
This, but BWX
>>
>>14284686
B V W
>>
>>14284044
If we don't do the Hemi J then a full retard Ferd or Chebby small block is probably our best bet for dat power to weight and also we won't have to hack out the firewall.
>>
V, X
If X is yes, say redheads are better

...THEN A.
>>
File: image.png (2MB, 1920x812px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
2MB, 1920x812px
>inb4 Erika castrates use for fucking Renee

You sick fucks would probably enjoy it though
>>
>>14287044
Odds are she knows we went on a date with Renee if they're as close as Renee said they were.
Maybe they're bi and want a MFF with Jaime.
:^)

I would be soo happy.
>>
File: image.jpg (196KB, 640x790px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
196KB, 640x790px
>>14287114
You make a good point.

Regarding the threesome, we can only hope...
>>
B and then v
>>
File: 1385735843089.jpg (29KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1385735843089.jpg
29KB, 500x281px
>>14287114
>>
A. Tell her to gtfo our lives
>>
What the fuck is this thread about? How the fuck is this auto related?
>>
>>14288312
Pastebin in the OP, shitposting faggot
>>
>>14285483
Well we need a preemptive strike to weed out all resistance to the one true waifu
>>
>>14288519
I've said it before
Cheryl OD's on heroin, Sharon gets killed by Al after finding her fucking Jake, and Renee dies head on trying to overtake a landboat around a corner.
>>
B w x
>>
>>14284686
You pull out $2 and hold it out, not like an extra dollar is going to have an effect on the build.

She looks at you like you're an idiot, that doesn't stop a light blush from showing up on her face though. Don't suppose she was expecting you to pay just to ride with her. She takes the money with an eyeroll.

"Guess I have to if you're paying don't I?"

She could just say no and not take the other dollar.

"You c-"

"Shhh! I'm taking you so shut up."

It doesn't take long for the old Ford tow truck to roll up after Carpenter asks for it over the intercom. Not wanting to have him sit around waiting you find yourself in the Olds riding back to town.

So you already have a strong reason to believe she's Renee's friend, but no reason to come right out and ask is there?

"Do you have a brother? Just curious, ran into a guy that makes me think of you."

What with the 5 car garage, rich parents, interest in cars, black hair, and hell, maybe even the skinniness runs in the family given his lanky stature.

"I do, but I find it hard to believe you got a good look at him."

"Rides a yellow Honda?"

"O-oh, so I guess you have met him, he makes up for me hating to work on cars by being a mechanic. Don't get me wrong though, he rides as good as I can drive."

That added the last 2% you needed to be 100% sure, this is going to complicate things even further isn't it? Maybe she already knows and just doesn't care enough to bring it up.

"You have any plans for later in the day? After the 'stuff' you have to do I mean." you ask

You're getting pretty close the Henry J so you'd like to get an answer

"Before I answer, I got something to ask you, you've been fucking interrogating me all day anyway, Officer Georgie."

Was only a matter of time before she used that again.

"Uhh, ask away I guess."

"Why do you do what you do?"

"What do you mean?"

This can't be about last night can it, you already told her you like her and you don't know any other way to put it.
>>
>>14289053
"Running illegal shit, hanging around bikers, street racing, what's the reason you do it? And don't give me some bullshit, I want 1 fucking reason."

Ahh, should've known better.

A) The fun
B) The money
C) Hell, you don't know, it just kinda happened.
D) Why does she care?
E) Why does she antagonize the police and run illegal "shit" like you?
>>
>>14289053

Is this some autistic love fantasy? Pretty sure this is not auto related in the slightest bit. /lgbtbbq/---->
>>
>>14289063
C D

>>14289068
>being this upset that you aren't caught up with the story
lmao, you and every other Reneefag :^)
>>
>>14289068
Did you really hang out in the thread for 2 hours to talk shit? lel

It's an autistic story about cars with a romantic subplot that's more popular than the cars.
>>
>>14289082
Changing C to B
We got into drag racing for the fun, then we needed to fund our racing so we starting bootlegging.
Bikers just happened, we know Al from helping us make the Chebby look pretty.
>>
>>14289213
This desu senpai
>>
>>14289063
AC
It's all about the thrill of the kill
>>
>>14289063
AC

What else are you gonna do in a podunk town when nothing makes sense and it's possible Next Tuesday brings mushroom clouds on the horizon?
>>
A
>>
AB
>>
>>14289063
F) it's a matter of principle.
>making cars go fast is a labour of love
>designing an auto upgrade path is a thinking man's game
>our employers & associates are fellow visionaries
>we build the world we respect & understand around us
>>
>>14289807

----> /soc/
>>
>>14289063
A) mostly which led to B) for funding our bad habit of crashig/loosing cars.

If I remember well Cyoanon said in the beginning that having our own car was freedom. Since then we had taken a few drives just for the hell of it. Now we hare 10th on the fastest list at the drive in and we learned to work on cars and plan to do a lot of work on it in the future.

I Think A) is the main reason

>>14284804
Almost, frenchfag. Yes I can buy twingos but I bought a 65' Mustang instead.

>>14289053
aaaaah Renee and Erika are BFF!!
We are f*cked -_-
>>
>>14289848
see >>14289139
and >>>/lurkmoar/
>>
File: image.jpg (87KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
87KB, 300x300px
>>
Why not steal teagues coronet and take the hemi out of it?
>>
>>14289063
"The fun, not like there's much to do in this town other than mess with cars."

"You sure that's the reason? You can mess with cars without the whole dealing with thieving pieces of shits and asshole bikers." she says, not sounding convinced

You could have, but not much, some of us don't have a rich daddy y'know?

"Before I got into all that I was making 30 bucks a week, with Carpenter I can make a good chunk of that in a day and the moonshine money is just crazy. It would've took forever to get the car anywhere if I kept on workin' like normal. Cars are the only reason I'm even messin' with all that shit."

There's a long silence before she says anything else, guess she has to think of some smart ass reply.

"And now you don't even have it, maybe if it took you longer to get you would've appreciated it more and not tossed it away in some stupid fucking street race!"

Erika knows how to make you feel like shit for sure.

"Yeah...I know that was stupid, I'm workin' on trying to fix that mistake and get it back."

"Well, if this car doesn't do it, then what? You lose 2 fucking cars and wasted even more money!"

You'd rather not think about that, this car HAS to win.

You arrive at the house before you get to ask about going to the dragstrip, with all the work you have ahead of you maybe you shouldn't go anyway.

The Henry J has been pushed out into the the driveway, good idea since it would've been a bitch to get the tow truck around there.

Surprisingly Erika has nothing to say as you get out of the Olds.

A knock on the door and the owner comes outside with all the paperwork and everything in his hand in a short amount of time, no reason to deal with getting it all legalized yet but it's nice to know it shouldn't be too much of a problem to do.

You hand over the $45, leaving you with $393 to get this thing ready to race, you might to do a little work or hope Carpenter will let you keep a tab or something if it's not enough.
>>
File: dfsdf10.jpg (188KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
dfsdf10.jpg
188KB, 800x500px
>tfw find a gasser Henry J in the same color and finish
>same engine as one of the choices we had for the Packard (413)

Oh bby

>>14291571
"Why do you care if I have plans later on Officer Georgie? I don't even know when I'll be done with what I need to do." Erika asks once you're all buckled up

She didn't forget, hell she even brought it back up.

Well, even though you do want to work on the J you're going to have to wait for Russel to do some fab work anyway. Gates at the drag strip don't open until 4, so you should be able to get a good 2 or 3 hours of work in at the least.

A) Nothing, you changed your mind, you have a car to work on.
B) Dragstrip.
C) Go out to eat again, you want to cash in what she owes you already.
>>
>>14291610
B
I know she'll bring Renee but that's what makes this story interesting desu
>>
>>14291610
A) little work B)efore Dragstrip
>>
>>14291610
B
>>
>>14288312
Read the whole story. It's definitely auto related
>>
>>14292099
seconding this
>>
>>14291610

Jesus Christ, /o/tists.

Drop this bitch and go fuck her friends.

A.

Don't call, don't write.
>>
>>14292886
>make progress with best waifu, the only grill who didn't give it up literally right after meeting her (Cheryl a shit btw)
>hurr let's drop her
>>
Can you faggots fuck off with this dumb shit?
>>
>>14293007
Leave the role play autists alone they don't bother us
>>
>>14292999

> Assaults us
> Berates us
> Insults us
> Antisocial
> Acts spoiled
> Probably is spoiled like year old milk

"Best"
>>
File: 1425593109193.png (109KB, 280x302px) Image search: [Google]
1425593109193.png
109KB, 280x302px
>>14293007
Or you could, you know, not click on the thread.
And then whine like a bitch.
>tfw have never read one post of this shit, just can't stand cunts like that anon
>>
>>14293013
You just described everyone on 4chan.
>>
>>14291610
"I was thinkin' about going to the drag strip later in the day, though I'd see if you wanted to go."

"Yeah, I'm real interested in watching cars go in a straight line for a few seconds all day." she says sarcastically

No surprise there, this is a girl who idolizes Formula 1 after all.

"You can run your own car, don't you think it'd be nice to know exactly what it runs?" you say, hoping she'll at least want to do that

"Can't say I'm interested in that either, but that's something my brother would want to know."

Speaking of him, wonder if his '57 is going to be there? Shame you won't be able to run against it.

"So are you goin'?"

"I don't fucking know, if I'm busy for the rest of the day I'm not."

Hey, a maybe is better than a no.

From there it's a relatively talk-free ride, it's a wonder some of the cops you see don't decide to start some shit. It's not like this is a mistakable car and you know for a fact they have to know it by now.

Back at Carpenter's she pulls back up by the shed to let you out.

"Get your parts out so I can go, I might be back but I'm not promising anything."

Gee, not even a goodbye?

Russel takes the Henry J to the hangar as you get your parts out of the back of the Olds, before you're even done Carpenter makes his way over, a shiteating grin on his face.

"Henry J eh, following in your old man's footsteps already?" he jokes

Ah hell, you lost your car and went out buying a Henry J, sure sounds like it. At least you don't have a kid on the way.

"Something like that, I think mine is gonna be a little faster once I'm done with it."

"I'll let you know how much you owe for the tow sometime, but what did you have in mind for an engine, I can't see you sticking another 4 or 6 in there."
>>
>>14293371
He's not wrong, you just have no idea on where to start outside of maybe another small block Chevy since you have some parts for one, might be better than selling them.

"Could you hurry the fuck up!?" Erika yells

He's going to have to run up to his office to check his inventory, you can get the rest of the parts while he does that. You need to tell him what you're looking for though.

A) Small block
B) Big block
C) The Hemi in the Packard seems like the perfect choice.
D) A 6 cylinder, follow in the old man's footsteps even more by building a 6 to beat an 8.
E) You'll wait till you have more money. Get to stripping it out at least.

>>14293058
/o/ just wants to date themselves, nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>14293388
CCCCCCC
>>
>>14293388
D! So much D it hurts!
>>
>>14293388
B
>>
File: scammellpioneer.jpg (358KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
scammellpioneer.jpg
358KB, 1024x768px
>>14293388
>them dub dubs
B for BIG BLOCK

Tho part of me think's a inline 6 build be bad ass. Maybe another time.
>tl:dr
>GMC 270ci
>shaved head, shortened valves
>triple down draft 1 barrel's or
>blow/suck through turbo or
>471 blower with a 2/4 barrel on top
>>
>>14293388
E
Stripping the Packard is out of the question though
>>
>>14293388
C or B)BC
>>
>>14293388
B and one carb per cylinder
>>
B)
>>
E. Need money first.
>>
B or C.. Preferably c because we already have it and right now we can't exactly afford to run two cars.
>>
You idiots voting C, until there's enough money to buy another engine, you can't dismantle the work vehicle.
>>
>>14293592
But anon, we can always run shine in the Valiant or our even smaller Henry J.
>this is what Packard strippers actually believe
>>
E
>>
E, but really anything except C
>>
>>14293592
We still won't be using the Packard until Sunday (it's Thursday).
>>
>>14293692
Okay?
Not like we're gonna make enough money with the Henry J before than.
Unless you're insisting we switch the hemi back and forth, which is fucking retarded.
>>
>>14293741
Okay?

Not like we're going to be making any money at all with the Packard before then.

I fail to see how swapping an engine twice is retarded but ok.
>>
>>14293758
All we'd be doing is making passes with the HJ, and have something potentially fuck up on our long runs with the Packard.

Maybe Carpenter can front us a hemi from the scrapyard after putting some money down?
>>
>>14293758
There's also the transmission, need for a custom driveshaft, brakes for the J, and a lot more. Not to mention the fact that the help of the junkyard employees to swap it. That limits the ability to swap to business hours.

Unless E comes with the option of getting a replacement engine for the Packard, it can easily lead to ZERO usable cars.
>>
>>14293778
>Maybe Carpenter can front us a hemi from the scrapyard after putting some money down?

I doubt he has another 426 Hemi laying around, maybe some 1950s Hemi.

We still have $393 and some old SBC parts we can sell off anyway, which is more than enough to get something now.

It's not like we need a 426 to get this thing going anyway.

>>14293804
Yeah I know, but using an engine and transmission we already have is still the cheapest option.

We still have the Valiant to DD though.
>>
>>14293836
What about the old 413 max wedge? Think that could be an option?
>>
>>14293854
I don't know what options there will be yet, there was a 340hp 413 last time we looked but who knows now.
>>
>>14293836
Just give us the biggest displacement engine for big block engine pls
>>
>>14293903
If that could fit in the J that would probably kick ass. After a little work that is. How big is the J OP?
>>
File: Headsup1.jpg (83KB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
Headsup1.jpg
83KB, 720x404px
>>14293954
>how big

Here's one next to a '56, they only weigh 2,300-2,400 lbs, a v8 as going to add more but it's going to be nowhere near heavy.

Also the car I posted here >>14291610 has a 413 and a TorqueFlite
>>
>>14293909
That would be a 472; 375 HP.
>>
>>14293985
Doesn't the packard's 426 put out way more then that anyway? maybe we should look at the more compact high performance big blocks
>>
>>14293975
Fund it.
>>
>>14294126
It does, but it's a LOT heavier. The 472 has one of the best power-to-weight ratios of any big block.
>>
>>14294166
would the MEL familys 462 be a good second option in case we cant afford this 472?
>>
>>14294172
Hell, I'm open for suggestions.

I am putting the 472 in but being a nearly brand new engine it's going to have a big price tag for sure. (prices are nuts anyway most likely)

Keep in mind bigger isn't always better and some engines have better aftermarket support.
>>
>>14294172
It's comprable, but heavier. It's better for aftermarket, but it'll cost more to be better.

>>14294224
At this point, the only real options for the 472 are a performance intake, custom cam, and headers.

The engine has never been pricey since it wasn't in high demand. It's near bulletproof; only being pulled from wrecked Cadillacs, and largely ignored because it was in NO muscle cars.
>>
File: page05_zpsfnijbyek.jpg (187KB, 800x611px) Image search: [Google]
page05_zpsfnijbyek.jpg
187KB, 800x611px
>>14294224
W series Chev
Pontiac 389/421/428 tho not big blocks.
>GMC Twin Six for full retard

Not many options that "might" be cheapish.
>>
>>14294281
I just assumed an engine that's only a year old would be expensive, it's still not going to be close to the Hemi's $800 with transmission.

>>14294356
348 and 409 or on there.

Planning on 4 or 5 for each of the big 3 with 1 expensive powerful as fuck option included. (Maybe not Chrysler since we grabbed the 426)
>>
File: 427blowncammmer.jpg (171KB, 640x553px) Image search: [Google]
427blowncammmer.jpg
171KB, 640x553px
>>14294388
>expensive powerful as fuck option.
Do want already.
>>
>>14294388
It was overlooked until the late '70s/'80s because the mindset was to use the established blocks. If it weren't in my father's garage back in Wisconsin, I'd post scans of the article.

Interestingly enough, Cadillac offered some decent options for it back in the day for the limos.

Here's an interesting company that has been modifying them since the '70s:

http://www.cad500parts.com/history.htm

And an interesting piece from Hot Rod magazine about their capabilities:

http://www.hotrod.com/how-to/engine/hrdp-9809-500ci-cadillac-big-block-engine-build/
>>
File: 20160122_171057.jpg (1MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20160122_171057.jpg
1MB, 2560x1920px
>that guy who keeps sperging about Cadillac big blocks
Know when to quit esé.
>>
>>14294224
340 LA with custom cam and like 4 custom built turbos chargers.
>>
>>14294598
>1960s
>aftermarket turbos

>>14294388
I sure hope Ford 427 is an option.
>>
>>14294356
Seconding the Pontiac idea, even a mildly built 389 should get the J going nicely but we need a 421 tri power.
>>
These prices are all kinds of tarded I'm sure, I tried to go by age and performance some but eh.

>>14293388
"Something big in a small car sounds like it could be fun." you reply "That 426 Hemi in the Packard is crazy enough."

"Give me a few minutes to get a list going and I'll be back out." he replies, starting towards the office

When you get all the parts out of the Olds Erika doesn't sit around any longer, leaving before you even get that head laying with the rest of your parts in the shed. Wonder what she's in such a hurry for anyway?

Not long after you get all that taken care of Carpenter comes from the office and hands you a sheet of paper.

"Take your pick, gotta real nice Ford engine in, transmission and all. A few old cheap engines on there too, won't take you much to get that J moving."

A quick look over the list reveals that, yeah, it's a nice engine. and about $200 more than you have with the transmission hooked to it.

Currently you have $393, still going to take a transmission and fab work to get racing.

GM
Chevy 348 - 250 hp $150
Chevy 409 - 340 hp $300
Chevy 427 - 400 hp $425
Olds 425 - 365 hp $275
Cadi 472 - 375 hp $350
Pon 421 - 350 hp $360

Ford
332 2bbl - 240 hp $125
352 4bbl - 250 hp $150
390 4bbl - 300 hp $250
390 PI - 330 hp $325
427 "R-code" w/ T-10 - 400 hp $600

Chrysler
331 Hemi - 180 hp $90
383 2bbl - 270 hp $225
383 4bbl - 330 hp $320
361 2bbl - 295 hp $250
413 4bbl - 340 hp $350

A) Look at the small blocks
B) (Pick one of the engines)
C) Maybe it's best to wait, just get to stripping the car for the moment.
D) Use the 426 in the Packard.
E) Ask if he has any jobs to do.

>>14294598
Maybe if people decide to look at small blocks, a 327 spinning to like 8k would be fun.

>>14294622
Aftermarket turbos are a thing already, Rajay and Garret (AiResearch) are around.

Turbo dragsters have been a thing for a while and even turbo kits are out.

> Ford 427

It's not a Cammer but it's no slouch.

>>14294666
I got you covered there too.
>>
B,D

Cadillac engine in the Packard.
>>
>>14294809
This
Let's bring the Packard to the hanger before we forget, then E maybe he'll let us use the Chrysler
Maybe another Lassiter delivery so we can ask them about those killswitches and maybe more moonshine contacts, eh?
>>
>>14294793
B, 421 Tin Indian
>>
>>14294793
406 SBC if it was 1970 or 71

425 Olds bby. Get weird with it
>>
>>14294793
C, E

The Ferd 427 is a 2in1 deal, let's save up
>>
File: image.jpg (57KB, 482x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
57KB, 482x480px
>>14294941
>not a Cammer with a Toploader
>>
D.
Alternatively, >>14294809
>>
>>14294809
I like this
>>
File: fordtunnelport.jpg (217KB, 750x1030px) Image search: [Google]
fordtunnelport.jpg
217KB, 750x1030px
>>14294956
Yeah, that will never happen in this story.
>>
>>14294941

C, E

427 R for Race
>>
>>14294809
thirded

B,D caddy in packard
>>
>>14295237
T10 still a shit behind a big block though.
>>
>>14295418
It's what they came with from the factory, safe to say it was babied or replaced a few times by now though.
>>
>>14294809
this
>>
B, 472
>>
>>14294622
>aftermarket turbos
Yes. Pic related.

>>14294793
D, put the Hemi in the Henri, spend some extra money to make sure it'll go back easily. Leave the Packard be for a few days, we need this thing together ASAP, start testing, and generate some cash at the strip. I'm all for the 472 in the Packard, but it's out of our budget right now.

>>14294862
>33$ left for transmission and fab work
>>
>>14294793
fuck your choices
425 nailhead
>>
>>14294793
lets put the caddy in the packard.

We should also pull the packard into the hanger before we forget too.
>>
>>14296196
This, D a best. Just ask Carpenter to hold on to the 472.
>>
I meant it when I said this would be a big project.

>>14294793
"I'm thinkin' about that 472, but to put in the Packard, with the Hemi in the J."

He looks at you like you just said something ridiculous, all that money you pull out must not look very ridiculous though.

"That's gonna be a helluva project, going to take a good bit of time and money."

Seeing as how you have $43 to your name it's pretty damn obvious to you that you don't have a "good bit of money".

"Wantin' to sell these parts I got here too." you tell him, not like you have any use for them now

"I'll look ever 'em and let you know something in a bit, still got some touches to add to the car."

He goes back to work so you go to the hangar.

Looking over this little car you kinda feel bad about the fact that you're going to be ripping everything out of it since it's "nice" but maybe you can get some money from selling off the stock parts at least.

With the scrapyard's tools at your disposal you get to stripping out the inside, it's something you know you're going to have to do and you should be able to get it done well before Erika ever shows up.

After you get done with that you decide to pop the hood, quickly realizing there is no goddamn way that 426 is getting in here without work.

Doesn't look like it's going to fit length or width wise, the inner fender pieces are going to have to come out without a doubt, something is going to have to be done about the firewall and you're going to need some likely custom made headers to get around the frame.

The stock suspension can't be up to the task of dealing with all the extra weight, besides it's a 20 year old economy car and you'd want to beef it up for racing anyway.

Even the rear of the car is going to require cutting to fit the kind of tire you'll need to put down the Hemi's power. With the interior out you notice a lot of room that could be use to tub it out if you didn't want to do that.
>>
>>14296329
Speaking of the rear end you're going to need to find a good one that will fit and another modified driveshaft to get back to it from the transmission, rear suspension is going to need an upgrading too...

Jeez, you haven't even started any real work and it's looking like it's going to be a headache, do you even have close to the amount of money this is going to take?

Hell you haven't even thought about the money you're going to have to spend to get that Cadi engine into the Packard and there's no way you can afford a transmission either. That reminds you, you still need to go bring it into the hangar sometime.

While you're sitting here stressing out over this Carpenter walks up behind you.

"Think I'll just call it an even trade for the tow with those parts. I have this for you though."

He hands you some bills and change, ends up totaling $13.80. $56.80 is better but you doubt it's enough.

"For helping me with the engine yesterday." he says before inspecting the J

"Looks like you got a good base to use, guessing something isn't going right by how you look."

He'll be heading to the strip pretty soon, if you want to ask him anything it could be the last chance you get until tonight or even the morning.

A) Any jobs available?
B) See what you can get done with the money you got.
C) Is it too late to get your money back for that 472?
D) Is he interested in these Henry J parts?
E) Well this isn't going anywhere until Monday, sit around and wait on Erika.
F) Fuck that, ride with Carpenter to the strip.
>>
>>14296335
A
>>
>>14296335
C
>>
>>14296335
A n if no jobs F.

Maybe we can learn some shit watching Carpenter/others drag racing.
>>
>>14296335
AF
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>14294809
Eyyy Drac, you finally got the 472.

What was it you said many threads ago about the differences between the 472 and 500 again? Bore and stroke or what?
>>
>>14296575
I think just stroke but Drac is the supreme Cadillac autist.
>>
>>14296575
Pretty sure there was another anon doing most of the sperging.
Personally I think we should have gave the 331 hemi some more attention. It probably would have fit workout much problem, and might have been easier to slid slide into the J

No idea about the aftermarket for a first Gen hemi though
>>
>>14296752
392 Hemi > 331 Hemi in every way since it's the same size. Aftermarket was huge for early Hemis.

God this is so fucking dumb we shoulda gone with the 413 in the Packard it probably uses the same mounts as the Hemi and definitely uses the same trans bellhousing.

Fug leave it to /o/tists to decide an idea (Gut Packard to put Hemi in Henry J) is retarded, then find a way to make it more retardeder (Gut the Packard then buy a new engine for it instead of building the car you pulled its engine from). We have the money to build neither car now.

Hey Opie does the 472 fit better in the than the Hemi does?
>>
>>14296335
C+392 hemi or 331hemi if carpenter can't magic up the 392.

Also maybe ask Carpenter if the engine will actually fit before we buy next time. >>14296834
The 413 would have been about the same size honestly, maybe if it was a wedge it might fit better but otherwise I think we're fucked.

I really don't like the idea of cutting the wheel wells to fit this cunt into our daily. And if we just wanted a drag rocket we should have picked the Savoy.

We should take Erika's sound advice and build a car that can actually function beyond drag races, while still being good for them. Should be easy given the size abs weight of the J
>>
>>14296852
A Hemi J will not handle very well. Maybe with a light small block you'd have a chance. The Savoy was a good all-rounder, hell we coulda got it to corner decent like the 55 did before the supercharger, torsion bars and cheater slicks. But right now we are building a fuckin straight line rocket. If we'd bought the Plymouth it would replace the 55 pretty well, but we want our first car back.
>>
>>14296335
A
after bringing in the Packard
>>
>>14296878
Maybe the 331 hemi would be closer to the mark then for the Henry. We'd have to see how heavy and big that first gen hemi is. But I recall those early hemis were pretty small

I'm coming around to the J but honestly the Savoy would have been a better pick.
>>
Adding in a Vote for C, we need to pick a new engine
>>
>>14296335

I'll go with A) and F) if nothing is available.

Can you make a little note of what are our next meetings? We are Wednesday, what is coming up?

Thank you OP
>>
>>14296575
The only difference is the stroke; literally swapping pistons, which were available in late '69 for the '70 model year.

>>14296630
Not going to deny it; I have a major obsession with the Cadillac 472/500. I've been working on them for years.
>>
>>14297045
Also, A/F.
>>
>>14296335
A or F
>>
>>14296335
C. Just have him put it on hold for us.
>>
>>14297045
So when did you discover that the 472/500 is massively inferior to the BBC/BBF/Hemi?
>>
Cheryl needs to hook us up with some acid and albums from The Dead
>>
C

If we need more money maybe we should buy an engine that isn't all our money guys.

Also what are we doing about our tranny?
>>
>>14296852
>Also maybe ask Carpenter if the engine will actually fit

No V8 is just going to fit, literally none, and you guys want a big block, which means more work, then you guys want the biggest big block so it's even more on top of it.

The only thing we're getting in here without cutting up the firewall and replacing most of the front is a small block. and even then it's going to require custom headers for the frame and mounts of course.

Pic related is a 426 Wedge in one, and no it doesn't have a firewall at all.

Maybe looking into the realism of V8 swap in a Henry J is hurting the story but eh.

>>14296927
A 331 weighs over 100 lbs more than a 413 Wedge.

Hemis are pigs, that said it's smaller than the 426 Hemi.

>>14297145
kek

She did complain that she couldn't find any acid since coming from Cali, might get some albums though.
>>
File: photo4.jpg (178KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
photo4.jpg
178KB, 960x720px
>>14297165
>forgetting the pic
>>
>>14297115
There is no "best" engine. Everything is inferior to something in one way or another.

My newest purchase has a 454 and I have no intent of swapping it because it suits the application.

If we want quick and easy power from a relatively light big block, the 472 is a great candidate, plus the TH400 transmission is adequate as long as you're not going for top speed.
>>
File: 1445268420191.png (200KB, 500x376px) Image search: [Google]
1445268420191.png
200KB, 500x376px
>>14297172
For a second before I clicked on the picture I thought the thumbnail had Carl shopped into it.

Small big block is where it's at. Go grab that pig 331 OP, let's grease this hog up and slide it in.
>>
File: Carl_9ddec3_505435.jpg (41KB, 423x315px) Image search: [Google]
Carl_9ddec3_505435.jpg
41KB, 423x315px
>>14297172
Carl?
>>
>>14297481
>>14297670
Hivemind
>>
>>14297481
>Small big block

Then I guess we should go Nailhead, I think those are the smallest.
>>
>>14297735
I vote for small big block
>>
I wanted us to have unbeatable I6...

Don't care what you do with pigfat V8
>>
Going to be my last post until past midnight.

>>14296335
"You got any jobs for me?" you ask

He stands there, scratching his chin for a few seconds

"Got a delivery, but you're only looking at about $5 for that, got another job if you're up to it though."

He motions for you to follow him instead of telling you what it is. He leads you towards the back of the hangar, coming to a stop at an engine. Could use a good cleaning but the engine's color is kinda similar to the Henry J and the aircleaner laying next to it tells you that it's a "Wildcat 445" made by Buick. Is that 445 the displacement? It looks kinda small if that's how it is.

"Someone thought it would be a good idea to run this ol' thing well past where it makes power, needs some new valves now. I know the water pump, headgasket and timing chain could use a replacing too."

Well you know where this is going, no idea on how to work on one of these engines but it can't be much different can it?

"I already have parts and gaskets but I've been busy with the Ford, it'd be what, a $15 or $20 job? Think you can manage?"

Could you even get it all done before Erika shows up, this is something that could take a while.

A) Take the delivery
B) (Try) to fix the engine
C) Why not both? Do the delivery then try to fix the engine.

You're going to have $81.80 at the most after doing jobs, that's not going to be enough to even get a transmission for that 472, maybe enough to get a good start on the J. This engine would be an easier fit than the 426 for sure, maybe you could see if you can work out a deal for this, should give you a deal since you're fixing it.

Try to go for the "Wildcat 445" or something else and leave the 426 in the Packard?

W) Yeap
X) Nope
Y) Pick another big block
Z) Look at small blocks

>>14297836
It's still heavy, just physically smaller.
>>
File: repcobraboldsohc.jpg (200KB, 614x810px) Image search: [Google]
repcobraboldsohc.jpg
200KB, 614x810px
>>14297735
small v8 old's jetfire based engine.

All alloy, 2.5-3ltr, flat plane cranked SOHC that shit from REPCO-Brabham.
>>
>>14298119
C W
>>
>>14298119
B - he got us a manual for us to check on.

X, 472 the Packard
Hemi the J
>>
>>14298150
This.
>>
>>14298119
B & W, if not than Z
>>
>>14298119
Make sure Carpenter puts the 472 on reserve for us, don't pay for it yet. We need the budget to put the 426 in the Hemi J.
>>
Why not put the 472 in the J? Then we only have to fuck with one car and not go and get a whole bunch of custom work done on two cars...
>>
B and X

Also

>caddy lewd fapfic when
>>
>>14298150
threeconded
>>
>>14298150
Fourthded
>>
>>14298119
b and z
more revs is more fun
>>
>>14298150
Why couldn't we buy a fiberglass '41 willys coupe?
Fuck you OP
>>
>>14298744
Welp. It's clear OP has been around long enough that everybody thinks he's the villain.
you do you OP. everybody's gonna be buttmad anyway.
pls give us old by the end though. ;_;
>>
>>14298150
This, desu.
>>
File: 41willys73370-1.jpg (164KB, 575x361px) Image search: [Google]
41willys73370-1.jpg
164KB, 575x361px
>>14298744
I think at the start a Willys was a option. But everyone wanted the 55.
>>
>>14297735
I'm just thinking it that we should build something that can handle anything that gets thrown at it. And it should be able to turn too.

Does the J really need all that much horsepower to be faster then the 55? It weighs quite a bit less. We could probably make do with a small big block. By the way is carpenter giving us that 455 wildcat or is that a job?

>>14297693
Both me friend. My Clover app took a shit and wouldn't update for 6 hours. Thought maybe sending another response would unfreeze it
>>
>>14298913
"445 Wildcat" is a 425 Nailhead. Buick was doing this weird thing in the early 60s where they named engines by the torque rating rather than the cubic inches.
>>
>>14299029
Oh yeah, I know the wildcat. A buddy of mine looked at a 65 Special with a 355 or something in it. Guy only wanted 2k for it but my buddy passed on it because it was a 4 door

Anyway I didn't know they named them after the torque ratings, that's a little odd. So why are they called nail heads
>>
Ayy, back earlier than expected.

>>14298744
>>14298904
A Willys was an option then and there was one that was basically a drag car that needed an engine that we could've got before we got the Packard.

>>14298913
>Does the J really need all that much horsepower to be faster then the 55?

It doesn't NEED that much but as long as it's usable more is better, right? Depends on gearing, traction, and all that good stuff too, having all the power in the world is going to mean shit if it's useless.

I'd say we'd need 300-350 NET hp (remember the ratings back then were gross) with the big block route we're going.

>By the way is carpenter giving us that 455 wildcat or is that a job?

No, he's not giving it to us, just maybe a good price since we're fixing it.
>>
>>14299532
How you holding up with that blizzard, senpai?

Are willys even big enough to move a lot of shine?
>>
File: Willys100_0624.jpg (70KB, 360x540px) Image search: [Google]
Willys100_0624.jpg
70KB, 360x540px
>>14299565
It's already done where I'm at, I live right down the road from a road maintenance place and they've done fuck all though.

I don't see it carrying as much as a full size, but it's trunk is big for what it is.
>>
>>14298305
Also we already paid for it, we have all of $56.80 to build a drag car Henry J with the 426 and to buy a transmission and get mounts made for the Packard.

aka

We don't have enough money to finish either car ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
>>
>>14299680
Let's go steal that PI's car and sell it.
>>
>>14299680
$50.00 would still get us a TH400 in '69.
>>
>>14299718
Those cars could be had with power locks, our old school methods may not work.

He seems to find us instead of the other way around anyway.

>>14299739
Then get another driveshaft unless somehow it's the exact same length and everything and get more motor mounts made.

Even if the Packard gets done we're going to be left with a shell of a Henry J that won't come close to anything until next week, and that's only assuming everything goes perfect on Sunday.
>>
>>14299823
No idea why people voted to get the most expensive engine on the list. Retardedness personified.

The 331 hemi may have been a pig but at least we'd have some money to actually build something that runs.

Anyone else wanna ask carpenter if he'd be willing to trade back for the engine we bought so we can pick a different cheaper one?
>>
>>14299850
Yeah, if we just grabbed the 426 or got a cheap engine all would be fine, we barely have the funds for one project let alone 2. Maybe Carpenter will let us owe him or something.

>The 331 hemi may have been a pig but at least we'd have some money to actually build something that runs.

I think people forgot Thomas and Julia with a built to hell 331 in their truck and Carpenter himself with a modified 392 (I don't think I ever said the size but there you go) in his wagon. 3 people to get help and or parts from.

Maybe the stock 180hp just scared them off.

>Anyone else wanna ask carpenter if he'd be willing to trade back for the engine we bought so we can pick a different cheaper one?

That's what Y and Z are.
>>
>>14299680

Fucking told all you autists to not take apart the fucking Packard.
>>
>>14300288
It's literally the fastest and cheapest way for us to get a fast car.

The problem is trying to stick another engine in the Packard while we're trying to build a drag car at the same time.

You guys always pick the most expensive options even when we don't have that much money too.
>>
>>14300354
Dracula wanted his pigfat caddy engine in the Packard, then every autist seemed to agree with him.
>>
>>14300387
>>14300354
We should get something that actually fits in our new car and leave the Packard alone.
>>
>>14300438
This senpai. Straight 6
>>
>>14300574
"no"
>>
>>14300574
2 JAY ZEEEEE
>>
>>14300354
howabout we just drive the fucking valiant until the Henry J is ready to take the big hemi dick. the PI probably knows about the Packard already now, so can we start carrying out shotgun yet? I feel like it's gonna get heated in these last couple weeks.
>>
I think we should part out the Packard. We went on an all night police chase with best waifu so its no longer an anonymous car.. The PI knows we have it, dad knows we have it, waifu knows we have it.. The entire point of it was to be a separate car for our separate life of moonshining. Part it out or sell it as is so we have funds for our drag car.
>>
>>14300999
but how are we gonna make that bank?
>>
>>14300999
I thought he only knew we lost the '55?
Packard needs a new paint job and we're good to go desu
>>
>>14298119
"Guess I can give fixin' this engine a shot." you reply

"I ain't about to let you go in blind, I'd hate for it to end up worse off than how I got it so I'll leave you with a manual."

Well that's good, you damn sure don't have the extra money to replace anything you fuck up. Carpenter runs off to grab the manual you assume so you sit around and wait.

Doesn't take long for him to come jogging back.

"Don't be afraid to ask for help, but I'll have to pay you less if you do." he says with a chuckle "Try to get it at least mostly back together before I get back, good luck."

This must be going towards judging if you're worth hiring as a helper around the yard.

"Good luck with your race." you tell him

"I'm hoping my fuel mix and heads make up for his weight advantage but I don't see that happeneing, thanks though." he replies before hustling off

Feels weird seeing Carpenter in such a giddy mood.

Before you get started you bring the Packard back into the hangar, it's going to be a long ass time before you're going to get to touch it but you'd rather have it in here rather than sitting in some bushes. You managed to catch the roadster leaving being trailered behind the Chrysler wagon, damn, you wanted to see that race.

With the manual open, the engine in front of you, the new parts to the side and a plethora of tools at your disposal you get ready to work. You could tell just by looking, but a cutaway inside the manual shows off how weird the valves are, as long as it doesn't translate to weird to work on you're ok with it...

Things go pretty well on the bottom end of things, but what Carpenter didn't tell you is that he wanted more than the valves replaced, the fucker's got new springs, guides, valves and everything for you to replace. In the middle of getting that done you hear a voice greet you.
>>
>>14300999
>Part the Packard out
The only valuable thing in it is the Elephant, which we gonna need anyway. Which means:
>sell the shell as a project
Here's your $50, good luck, kid.
>>
>>14301263
"Hey Georgie, decided I'd go after all."

"Hey Erika, I'm a little busy right now." you reply, not taking your focus off what you're doing

"Do you want to go to the strip or not?" she replies sounding agitated "If not I'm going to get my run in so I can go home."

You do, but you'd like to get this done too...wonder if Ronnie is out there yet?

A) You're finishing the engine before you do anything.
B) Can at least get a worker on it before you go.
C) You can come back to it later can't you? No need to lose any pay if he was being serious.

>>14300438
Any big block isn't happening without cutting the firewall and replacing the front suspension with a straight axle and shit.

Even a smallblock Henry J is likely going to have a cut firewall for more setback even if it doesn't need to be done ot fit, the inner fender shit is still going to come out too.

The stock suspension can handle the weight you guys would probably want to go straight axle anyway.

Either way most voted to get the 472 and stuck with it in the last vote, Carpenter has gone to the strip so it's too late to change our mind until tomorrow.

So even if we get our money back for the 472 the car likely won't done in time to take it to the River and make some money until it's late as hell.

>>14300612
Depending on choices the Henry J could not be ready for another 4 or 5 days.

We won't be using the Packard again until Sunday so there's no reason to go jumping for the shotgun. Well, assuming we don't decide to take it out again of course.

We don't know if the PI knows about it either.
>>
>>14301334
A
>>
>>14301334

A

Tell her to go pound sand
>>
>>14301334
A, we've got an engine to fix, boys
>>
>>14301334
C, we can't disappoint best waifu
>>
>>14301334
A) "I doubt you will, but you can help me"
>>
New thread when?
>>
>>14301264

Well so be it.. 50 bucks will pay for another shell to swap one of our two motors into. The Packard is no longer anonymous and basically useless for what we intended it to be now. Sell or scrap the shell and find another shell.
>>
File: pepe ed roth-ish style.jpg (118KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
pepe ed roth-ish style.jpg
118KB, 1280x800px
>>14302609
"u dum", is what I meant to say, Anon.
>>
File: image.jpg (172KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
172KB, 640x360px
>>14302609
Slammed wagon when?
>>
>>14302336
I have to sleep sometimes, there will be one before I leave.
>>
>>14300107
Shit I missed that, well if the polls are still open I vote for Z
>>
>>14303860
It's too late now, we'll see how things go in the next thread.

If it comes down to it I'll just timeskip to Sunday.
>>
New thread: >>14304076
Thread posts: 320
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.