[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>GM says their 8 speed auto in Corvette is as good as PDK

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4

File: doppelkupplungsgetriebe.jpg (79KB, 744x496px) Image search: [Google]
doppelkupplungsgetriebe.jpg
79KB, 744x496px
>GM says their 8 speed auto in Corvette is as good as PDK

my sides

link to article:
http://www.motorauthority.com/news/1089778_gm-8-speed-in-corvette-z06-shifts-faster-than-porsche-pdk-heres-how
>>
>implying you can prove otherwise
how assmad will you be if it does?
>>
>>14275859
It is.
And it's very good. Take a look at modern mpg on the non z06 c7 along with its power. Getting 28 on the highway with a 500 hp car is impressive, as edgy and third world you wanna be
>>
>>14275859
>Torque converter
>good
>>
>>14275859
Chevy is killing it with the new Camaro and Corvette, all of the new tech they are bringing to the table is fucking nice. I'm really excited to see how their new transmission turns out in the coming years.

When people say automatics are better than manuals, this and Porche's are the ones they are referring to whether they know it or not
>>
>>14275874

http://corvettec7fiasco.blogspot.com/2014/08/new-8-speed-8l90-corvette-c7-stingray.html
>>
>>14275923
>an entire website to vent your buttfrustration and obsession about a car
lel
>>
File: obama-laughing.jpg (406KB, 2000x1125px) Image search: [Google]
obama-laughing.jpg
406KB, 2000x1125px
>>14275934

im sorry that your favorite sport car is objectively shit.
>>
>>14275965
I'm sorry you think you can make me upset by saying a car I don't even like is shit.
>>
>>14275980
You're fat
>>
>>14275980

oh then why are you defending it? did PDK fell on your fat mother?
>>
>>14276061
if the guy who designed the gm box was here i'd take the piss out of him
unfortunately i'm stuck with you
>>
File: heh.png (344KB, 383x509px) Image search: [Google]
heh.png
344KB, 383x509px
>Torque Converter
>Torque
>Converter

>Torque Converter
>on a 110k car

>Torque Converter
>on a """""supercar"""""

>literally a Torque Converter with fluid inside

>fluid coupling on a """"""""""supercar""""""""""

>Literally the same as my auto shitbox

>on a 110k """""""supercar"""""""

KEKEKEKEKEK!

thanks for remiding me of how pathetic this is OP
>>
>>14275884
>electronically controlled clutch
>good
>>
>>14275923
>corvetteC7fiasco
Well that's an unbiased source right there anon.
>>
>>14276827
same as the koenigsegg regera
>>
>>14276827
I fail to see the problem here
>>
>>14276898
so did GM """"engineers""" KEK
>>
>>14276901
if its stupid but it works, it isn't stupid. Murphys law.
>>
>>14276904
>power loss
>on a """supercar"""

pick 1

we are not talking about ecoboxes here
>>
>>14276917
did you not read the article? gm said that the motor put out too much torque to use a dual clutch. that motor has power to spare.

also
>what is a lock up clutch

also
>implying other types of transmissions don't sap power
>>
>>14276875
>same as the koenigsegg regera
Are you sure about that?
>>
>>14276943
yeah I thought the Regera didn't have a transmission
>>
>>14276947
>>14276943
it has a torque converter (fluid coupling)
>>
>>14276953
Really? Because I was under the impression it had a direct electric drive? That was the whole hype about the Regera.
>>14276947
Yeah, this.
>>
>>14277006
still needs a way to disconnect drive you fuckwit
>>
Nice picture of a manual transmission bro. Do you not see the gear forks in there?
>>
>>14275859

Pretty irrelevant as no one with a brain would buy an automatic Corvette or Porsche
>>
>>14276827
It has wheels and pistons just like your shitbox. You wanna bitch about that too?
>>
>>14275859

> Transmission only has a single 6" speaker
>>
>>14275980
>>14275965
I'm sorry you guys don't understand how urls work
>>
>>14278411
Came to post this. It must be how they get the transmission noise in the cabin.
>>
>>14275876
no it isn't. Well if it was getting 28 mpg while making 500hp that would be.. but when the car is getting 28 mpg is making a very small fraction of 500hp.

The fact that it shifts faster than the PDK is impressive if that is indeed true.. and that transmission is as durable as the PDK, which remains to be seen. The endurance of the c7 has yet to be proven in anyway.
>>
>>14278454

Gear whine enhancer unit
>>
>>14278551

No fucking car gets their advertised MPG at their advertised top HP. What a retarded statement to make.

Why would they? It makes no sense, they gauge MPG based on average speed limits/average driving conditions, someone isn't going to be utilizing 500HP while daily driving.
>>
>>14278658
my point was that 28 mpg highway for a very aerodynamic 2 seater isn't anything even remotely impressive.

> someone isn't going to be utilizing 500HP while daily driving
are you sure you belong here.
>>
Automatics/dsg or whatever are fine in the race application. Removes human error as shifts faster. Sure manuals are more fun. But at the end of the day it's all about the track times.
>>
>>14276827
>it has a steering wheel
>just like my shitbox
>guess that makes it a shitbox too
>>
Stronger
lighter
shifts faster
smaller
cheaper to build
>>
>>14278551
>but when the car is getting 28 mpg is making a very small fraction of 500hp
Are you fucking kidding me, nigger?
>>
>>14276839
>clutch
I dont care if a senile old man is controlling it. I would take that over fluid coupling any day
>>
>>14276940
clutch lock up on a torque converter ONLY happens at a constant speed without a load, and its for fuel economy.

>gm said that the motor put out too much torque to use a dual clutch.
fucking Bugatti managed to do this 15 fucking years ago on a 1000 torque car. What the fuck GM?
>>
The big difference between Corvettes and most of it's competitors is people actually put real mileage on them. Dry DCTs are terrible and last 5k miles at best if you really hammer the cars. Wet DCTs can't be worked on and have to be sent out if something goes wrong. I work on and drive DCT cars all day, I would never get one in any car that I planned on driving more than 1k miles a year.
>>
>>14279240

consider the fact that a lot of manufacturers are putting DCT in even their lowest model range (Acura), you are just being a GM faggot with that bullshit statement.
>>
>>14276940
> lock-up clutch
> in an automatic transmission that isn't cruising
lol fuck off you retard
>>
>>14276845
>>14275923
>blogspot
A true source of information.
>>
>>14276917
"""""""""I""""""""""""""" """"""""""""""""put"""""""""""""""" """"""""""""""""everything""""""""""""""" """"""""""""""in"""""""""""""""""""" """""""""""""""a""""""""""""""""""""" """""""""""""""""""""""""""bunch""""""""""""""""""" """"""""""""""""""""""""""""""of""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""quotation"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" """""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""marks""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""".
>>
>>14275859
>implying anything is better than PDK
nope.avi
>>
>>14279240
when you say most of its competitors, i'm assuming you excluded porsche and their PDK, as I haven't heard (first person) of any issues and the folks i know track their cars.
>>
>>14279268

fat matt farah mentioned in one of his videos that the C7 auto is no where near as good as the PDK too.

ib4 "oh fuck that fat fuck, he's shit"
>>
>>14275876
But that's because of tall overdrive gears and v8 torque, not a fancy transmission.
>>
>>14277011
>implying the only way to disconnect the drive is with a torque converter
>>
>>14275859
>it shifts faster
>dur hurr dey said its better
>>
>>14280311

no one mentioned the c7 8speed being "better" here you fucking retard.
>>
>>14275859
Is this the 8sp ZF box or some GM part?
>>
>>14281077

in-house built by GM, according to that article.

>That new ‘8L90’ transmission, designed completely within GM, by a dedicated team, is a traditional hydraulic automatic—solenoids, valves, planetary gearsets and all—but GM says that it provides the super-quick shifts of dual-clutch boxes, yet with more smoothness.
>>
>>14281268
Shoulda just sourced the ZF box.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.