[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone here actually street raced before?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 184
Thread images: 21

File: rx7.jpg (104KB, 1530x778px) Image search: [Google]
rx7.jpg
104KB, 1530x778px
>where did you do it
>why did you do it
>did you feel you were putting others in harms way
>>
Unless you're in the middle of bumblefuck nowhere in the cornfields street racing is for tools. Do it at the strip so if you fuck up you will at least get help
>>
>>14261475
>Fast and furious was based on my life
>my name is actually Takumi, Initial D stole my name after loosing a race to me
>i drive a civic hatch with a few simple mods
>>
>>14261504
>strip
Kill yourself
>>
>>14261504
this tbqh family
>>
race people on the touge often
>>
>>14261510
How is a prepped surface, readily available race gas, safety, and closure on a race a bad thing?
>>
>>14261525
Because who cares about driving in a straight line?
and that shit is expensive
>>
>>14261544
I care obviously. How can you not have fun giving your car the beans in a controlled environment?
>>
On the freeway mostly out of the city

because the other guy passed me then looked in his rearview like a cheeky cunt

yeah but maybe they shouldn't be so fucking slow and in my way
>>
>>14261518
Do you have radio guys on top/bottom looking out for traffic? Seems like you aren't endangering anyone but yourself if you do that.
>>
>>14261544
What the fuck else are you going to do that's actually street racing? Drag racing is pretty much the only form of streetracing there is, unless you're actually setting up a full blown race on a mountain road or whatever with spotters and blockades to prevent traffic from coming in.
>>
I once raced a guy in a riced but probably also performance modded mid 90s prelude. I was in an 80s crown vic with just exhaust..

We raced from a roll after easing into it from a stoplight. We raced over a steep bridge, both letting off right at the top. We hit less than 60mph, and would have had several hundred feet to stop before the first intersection or driveway.

I lost by a moderate but still definitive amount.

Definitely didn't endanger anyone, but could easily have been a cop on the other side of the bridge.

3/10 probably wouldn't do again.
>>
>>14261559
Why not find some roads with curves in them out of town? A race that relies almost entirely on power sounds boring.
>>
samefag

By "a steep bridge" I mean an overpass over a major rail yard, so the "bridge" is at least 50-60 feet higher at the top.
>>
>>14261574
YOU WERE RWD
HOW DID YOU LOSE
>>
>>14261577
It's boring in an underpowered shitbox but in a screaming small block chevy it's fucking bliss
>>
>>14261577
Because there are none in the midwest. And that is essentially what it boils down to, but a good driver can maximize his speed with a good launch and good shifts, compared to a shit driver who breaks traction and/or shifts poorly.
>>
>>14261590
It's still boring
Man what am I supposed to do, there are no curves and it's just dumb stoplight shit
I'm so sad
I don't even live in the mid west
>>
>>14261577

racing on the streets in a straight line can be sorta safe in the right situation. Racing someone in a situation where sticking to the corners or not is how you win a race? suicidal.

It will end with one of you either chickening out or dying, which proves very little in terms of whose car is best.
>>
>>14261602
Corey pls go and stay go
>>14261604
Basically driver's race vs car's race. I think that's what he's saying.
>>
>>14261475
Yes. A straight road. No.
>>
>>14261614
>corey
Wat
>>
>>14261629
You know who you are.
>>
Only time I raced was in a private gated community against my friend. It was just a quick pull from the stop sign. It's fun hooning next to multimillion dollar houses in a place where people pay to avoid people like me.
>>
>>14261697
I've always wanted to nig out in millionaire community. Decrease their property value by laying down some rubber.
>>
>>14261697
rich neighborhoods have curvy roads around me. best places to fuck around. friend used to live in one and we would usually take a car and do laps of the way without a lot of stops
>>
>>14261475
I've only had one race from the lights, got my shit pushed in by a Chevy Cobalt SS. But i've had a few races on the highway, those usually went better because engine power isn't as big of a factor.
>>
>>14261730
Would upper-class fags call the police on you for making noise though?
>>
>>14261697

One time after school I raced some punk with his daddy's sports car in an unfinished housing development.

There were no occupied houses and everything was still under construction except the roads so there wasn't really danger to anyone but us.

He tried to force me off the road, but after smashing through a partially framed house I came back out in front. He lost it in a corner and ended up totalling his dad's car.

What really sucks is the police seized the recordings of the race and wouldn't give me a copy of it. Now with the legal trouble mom is making me go live with dad.
>>
>>14261713
Did donuts in all the culdesacs of a mansion community near me in a 98 540i. Middle of the day too.
>>
>>14261758
You're stupid if you stick around long enough for thatbto happen. If you're stupid enough to get busted for hooning or racing it's for the best. It's not for you.
>>
>>14261758
probably. friend didn't really care and he was about to move too. I know we definitely pissed off some old people who yelled at us when we passed.

there wasn't really a police station close by though
>>
>>14261787
It's impossible to not get busted
>>
>>14261584

Slushbox and drivetrain loss. His power was going to the only place where it should be.
>>
>>14261790
Its extremely possible to reduce your odds to a negligable level.
>>
>>14261697
>>14261713

This is my fantasy, to hoon at 3 am in the rich naghboorhood with my throaty Greddy exaust.

These West Vancouver snobs have the best winding roads and a killer view of the world below in the backround.
>>
>>14261475
I raced a street bike in my 98 Camaro RS once.

At least until about 100mph and then he vanished into the distance like I wasn't even moving.
>>
File: huuur.png (67KB, 283x178px) Image search: [Google]
huuur.png
67KB, 283x178px
>>14261770
>>
>>14261475

>Bought my first car
>V6 engine, goes vroom vroom
>group of teenagers in a Mitsubushi Lancer with a fart cannon exhaust giving me and my girlfriend the eyes
>race them from redlight to redlight
>had lots of fun
>Cant wait for /o/ to cringe at this story of people living life and not being socially inept autists.
>>
>>14261864
Is it usually from light to light? I thought 0-to-speedlimit was more common
>>
File: 1385064182996.jpg (25KB, 245x245px) Image search: [Google]
1385064182996.jpg
25KB, 245x245px
>tfw you find a stretch of pavement that's been abandoned
>>
>>14261475
no but i caught up to a plated enduro once in my local touge during the day in my then shit box 85 corrola ae82.

old white dude left my ass real quick when i was on his ass for a less than a minute
>>
>>14262021
Whats a plated enduro?
>>
>>14262025
a street legal dirt bike
>>
>>14261525
It's not wangan style highway carving novabro.
I understand drag strips are fun, but there's something grand about going on a highway carve for a few hours with your buddies.
Sometimes my friend and I will dance (switching lanes around eachother and overtaking in a constant figure eight like motion)
it's great fun and helped him get comfortable actually moving around at high speeds instead of holding the same line.
As for "racing", eh, I don't do much of that, we rarely break 130, and the actual roads around here aren't very nice on your car at the speed limit, let alone at 80-90.
>>
>>14262057
Advantage rwd
>>
>>14261525
>>14262057
though i feel the need to add that I love you drag-racers. absolute madmen, you guys know how to fucking work on an engine, any time I have questions about getting more power, I know where to go.
>>
File: memester.jpg (24KB, 600x337px) Image search: [Google]
memester.jpg
24KB, 600x337px
>>14262064
wut
>>
>>14261770
Dude your mom fucked the cop to get you a get out of jail card.
>>
>>14262079
Ff can't compete
>>
>>14261972
0-100 is the standard between strangers. Terms are set for prearranged races.
>>
>>14261972
0-speedlimit is how you find out if the guy is serious or just jumpy on the gas.
redlight to redlight is where the term "stoplight warrior" comes from.
>>
>>14262104
Remember only shitposting can stop you from going fast
>>
>>14262104
that kind of thinking never won any races.
>>
>>14262119
>>14262118
Fuck you
Stop defending fwd
Where's pepsifag so he can wreck you
>>
>>14262128
Why do you have to call your friend to race? You can't compete?
>>
>>14262021
Its still a shitbox.
>>
>>14262148
it was my first shit box at the time

and my first fall from the touge
>>
>>14262142
I still don't know how my AWD volvo is FWD or where you got that implication, considering i haven't mentioned my car til now, but don't you have a civic to lose to?
>>
>>14261475
>At a stoplight in my miata next to my buddy's 97 z28. Late at night near the interstate
>because he was revving his engine and I felt like getting pooped on
>no, but I got pooped on.
>>
I used to street race a lot when I first got my licence and was learning to drive. I'm 22 now and as I get older im more focused on being a perfect driver and getting maximum em pee gees than actually being aggressive.

Too many street race stories but basically WOT off every street light in shit 2003 chevy impala.

Interesting stories tho:
>be 17yo me
>don't have full licence yet
>only lost traction in rwd car like 5 times before this
>buy fiero
>fix it up
>first week driving it
>going around rich people neighborhood
>rainy day + curvy roads
>find v6 mustang driven by 2 guys my age
>were both driving down random neighborhood roads 'quickly'
>vroom vroom, they're faster than me obviously, fiero is slow af
>getting aggressive in the turns to make up time
>have to make sharp left turn
>begin braking too late, skidddding to a stop
>let off brake
>realize I can miss the turn and cone to a safe stop
>but there's people around, that's awkward (it was near rich people park)
>decide to take the turn yolo swag 17yo driving god coming thru
>FLICK IT SIDEWAYS
>realize I didn't go off the road and still have momentum
>WOT that mid engine v6
>actually manage to straighten out car and not run into someone's house
>insane excitement
> go home asap (I live close to rich people neighborhood)
>texting friend about how I just successfully drifted a MR car on a narrow turn
>"BRO IT WAS INSANE YOU SHOULDA SEEN IT"
>knock knock knock
>cop at door
>"can I speak to the owner of the gray fiero please"
>fuck
>I have MULTIPLE reports of dangerous driving
>talks to me for 10 minutes about how I'm risking other people's life's and it was dangerous, etc.
>no ticket, warning or anything.
>>
>>14262278
Story number 2. This time in my mom's 03 impala.
>still 17
>same rich people neighborhood
>super comfortable with this car, know how it reacts in turns etc
>racing a friend home thru back roads
>he's in a corolla lol
>I give him a headstart on a long curved road
>WOT thru a bend and it's not giving me anymore power
>"wtf is going on"
>slow down
>"tick tick tick tick tick tick"
>engine knock :'(
>barely make it to friends house
>freak the fuck out
This resulted in me doing my first engine repair so not too bad.

I think everyone goes thru that racer phase and it makes you a better driver in the end. I know the limits of my car now and I know my limits as a driver. These 2 things result in a much safer and more confident driving experience now.
>>
File: ls_9.jpg (661KB, 3000x2400px) Image search: [Google]
ls_9.jpg
661KB, 3000x2400px
>>14261856
Raced a 600 f4 from a 50 roll in my 98 ta, he was at my back fender until 120, I pulled away slowly after that.

>>14262110
I hate stoplight warriors, I hate it when they rev their shit up then go when the light turns green and get up to like 35mph and then slam on the brakes. Looks retarded as fuck and I make sure they see me laughing at them.

>>14261475
>>where did you do it
Used to go out in the boonies surrounded by cornfields, or behind usec.
>>why did you do it
Fun, and bragging rights.
>>did you feel you were putting others in harms way
No. The only others who could possibly be in the way or hurt are the person you race, and they put themselves in "harms way"

All that being said, I don't race much anymore. There's no point. Theres other v8s around that race sometimes, sure, but i havent run one on the streets in years that came close. The only cars around here that really pose any kind of challenge are the new SC corvettes, and the owners are either old, don't race, or don't know what they're doing. I'm not saying I'm God or anything, I've just had my car for a long time, been racing for a long time, and replaced anything and everything on it that broke with either a heavier duty or a higher performance part. It's an addiction.

Maybe it's time to get a beater and start over.
>>
>>14261585
How many powers at the wheels? Any time slips?
>>
>>14262278
>>14262300
How did the Fiero treat you?

I know they're joke cars but I'd love to turn an 88 Fiero Formula into a fast car.
>>
>Be in the NZ OG import scene
>DOHC Turbos, SiR Civics, FT-GTs, CRXs everywhere on a Friday night in the city
>be rolling in my boy's GT Legacy Wagon (5 speed, boost wound up).
>Stumble on a line up at the light...
>Amazing line up 2x2x2, like a gran turismo grid
>Evo 3, Evo 1, Supra, STi WRX, Mitsi GSR
> Lights go!
> A sickening noise of exhausts, turbo spool, blow off valves and dump pipes.
> Fucking door to door around a bend, just easy enough to be able to full boost without losing grip. The guys behind are right on the bumper. If you even let off they would hit.
> I recall the Evo 3's ass just squatting and boosting goddam hard.
> We are fucking caining it. 6 mean cars in a grid formation just all going for it.
> We all pull up at the next light and are just screaming at each other. WoooooHooooo!
> Was the biggest rush ever.
Another nail in the car obsession coffin.
>>
>>14261475

High School. 2F2F came out like that summer. Racing our Ford Probes, our moms' Accords, and such. We thought we were cool as shit.
>>
>>14261475
Only ever cat and mouse through twisty roads.
The punishments for high speed racing is just too massive where I am from.
Yeah, I do feel like I being dangerous. That's why I only ever do it on stretches of road which are near abandoned after 11pm.
I do it because it's fun. Touge with the senpai is a nice night out.
>>
>>14262542
>Mitsi GSR
Those no longer exist
>>
>>14261557
nah just me and a friend go out in the mountains racing eachother and anyone we stumble across
>>
File: image.jpg (783KB, 2304x1536px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
783KB, 2304x1536px
Yes
>>where did you do it
Chuo expressway, Shuto Expressway, Tomei Expressway, Backroads around my hometown, i95, and a bunch more I can't remember.
>>why did you do it
Fun, fucking around
>>did you feel you were putting others in harms way
Just myself. I'm not responsible for the other people in their own cars that are fucking around with me.
>>
File: will_costanza.png (297KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
will_costanza.png
297KB, 640x640px
>>14261770
>>
>live in new zealand
>shitloads of empty back roads 24/7

the only incident i've experienced is when a guy in my group of friends slid into a ditch while so drunk he could barely walk
>>
>>14262542
auckland i assume? i live in the tron and noone here ever wants to do this shit
>>
>>14262427
The whole fiero experience was pretty amazing desu. It was the first car I wrenched on and fully restored. Everything was easy to work on.

Still have the fiero, 250k km all stock but thinking about swapping in a 3800sc this summer. (Pretty common swap in fieros)

Its a really really fun car to drive, it's got that "feels like 60 in a 30" feeling.
>>
>>14261604
you're right, listen to this dude.

if you're taking your car past 85% of grip on the backroads you're stupid.
>>
>my friends mini cooper vs my crv
>impromptu "racing" through parking lots, interstates, neighborhoods, pretty much anywhere
>absolutely hektik
>>
>>14262922
>you'll never drive an R32 down Shutokou
why live
>>
>>14262566
You were
>>
>Where did you do it

Winding backroads at night, so you can see oncoming cars and because the roads are as close to Touge-like you're going to get. Some straight aways for 0-60 fags and corners for people who can actually drive.

>Why?

Someone tries to buzz you on roads you drive alot and so you go faster and faster until you decide to race, or talk with other car-fags and eventually the only way to settle who is better is to lay down some speed on the roads.

>Was I putting others in harms way

I scared the fuck out of a ford when I came around a corner sideways but I know the limits of the car, even when I was racing I very rarely went beyond the limit and I was going late at night on backroads.

I've had some near misses but it's worth the thrill, only idiots race in residential/busy Urban or Highways. If you do it right you shouldn't be running into traffic or especially police.
>>
>>14264051
So you won because of superior rwd
>>
>>14264065
I've done it in FF and FR.

The slide around a corner was done with FF when I put too much weight on the front to deal with understeer and I was going the fastest I'd been so my braking was a bit too hard.

Most people are pretty scared to commit fully to a corner on the road but as long as its night time in winter I don't hesitate unless it's a particularly blind corner since you can see full beams in the sky or through the hedgerows.
>>
>>14264086
you cant go sideways in fwd
>>
>>14264107
Well call me a fucking magician because I managed it, maybe it was icy, maybe there was oil on the road but the front of the car was sliding around with a steep angle and nearly a full lock of countersteer.
>>
>>14264107
>people who dont drive commenting on a haitian assasination board
>>
>>14264129
>>14264118

oh come on shills
fwd isnt good for racing
there's no way he actually did anything he said
theres a reason initial D , overrev, wangan, mainly used RWD
>>
>>14264136
FWD was fine for street racing honestly, most people are extremely bad at taking corners and don't even push their car to 60% never mind 85 or 90% of their grip.

As long as you know your car and your area you can destroy much faster or on paper better cars depending on the route obviously.

I've left cars much faster two corners behind because the drivers are either scared to go at the pace or don't want to trash their much more expensive car - can't blame them.
>>
>>14264136
>theres a reason initial D , overrev, wangan, mainly used RWD
Try actually driving a car sometime.
>>
>>14261850
Do it then fuccboi.
>>
My broski and I did but only once
>live in nowhere NH
>dirt roads for days
>decide to create a rally stage
>post fat friend at end of road and tell him to time /make sure there are no cars
>we go to other side
>rip down dirt roads
>my time was better because other friend de beaded his tire
10/10 was pretty fun
>>
>>14264341
nice horse cock
>>
File: ss (2015-12-27 at 07.14.24).png (953KB, 777x594px) Image search: [Google]
ss (2015-12-27 at 07.14.24).png
953KB, 777x594px
We go from 40 rolls on the expressway and we have a less-than-traveled street.
The only people in harms way are the idiots with too much power to handle that let it get to their heads.
>>
>>14261544
>expensive
many drag strips have grudge nights which are $5-10 a person for unlimited runs
>>
>>14261475
I raced my MR2 full mod (everything, water injection etc.) with my friends ZL1 full mod on a suburb straight road. The only time I have done it on the public road
Our cars are so loud that people from 4 blocks away even looked us (my friend on passenger seat saw it)
It's very exciting but I'm sure I'll never do it again tho... In that situation cops would abandon me from driving life time
>>
File: 1453075995598s.jpg (3KB, 111x125px) Image search: [Google]
1453075995598s.jpg
3KB, 111x125px
>>14261475
I raced a faggot in a stanced miata with my 944. Neither of us went very fast.
>>
>>14261504
lol pussy
>implying I fuck up
>>
The problem with street racing is that it's so hard to get a race.

If you want to actually be able to go for a full on race you have to go late at night, even then you won't find many people chucking it around the local driving roads at 10-11pm waiting for an opponent so there's a long time between races unless you organize them yourself.

The problem is in the UK all Facebook groups etc are monitored by the Police, whilst they don't care about small rave parties, a bit of weed etc they'll show up in force if you do anything they think they can make themselves look good for stomping.

If you wanted to street race properly you need marshalls to monitor the entry/exit points to the race to signal if any traffic arrives, you need police watchouts and you need crazy people. None of those are in high supply and the Police have something really lucrative to bust, even if its just your 19 year old numbnuts self and friends they'll bust it and call it a street race gang and get a nice promotion.
>>
>>14264458
rwd advantage
>>
I didn't really race, but I did go 120mph along side a charger once for about a 4 mile stretch.
>>
Spanked my friends g6 with my gsr.
race took place on the back roads of WI the only thing in danger were deer or rabbits that might've jumped out. Won his 12 pack of sun drop (we really didn't give two shits about cash back then)
>>
File: 1452349320381.jpg (87KB, 748x566px) Image search: [Google]
1452349320381.jpg
87KB, 748x566px
Tfw you race in your squad car everyday yeeehaw
>>
>>14264379

Soon, soon, we gotta do it together mang.
>>
>>14261475
Live in small town so i used a long empty street no one uses that was wide enough for ~3 cars

Because my out of state friend came down, and i just got a new truck (F-150 with a 5.8 v8)

Im a bit of a pussy so a little bit, but it when away after i smoked his ass.
>>
>>14262747
>>14263572

This was around 2000 man.
Quay St was a full scale drag strip.

You would just roll along at 40, someone pulls up... Civic? on ya bike mate. They cain off.
Then something interesting would come along.
Maybe it's that GT-R Familia you saw earlier. Or the BBK Samoan in the Evo 0 VR4.
You just look, nod, then fucking hammer it.
You wanted to see how your car would go against these other JDM monsters. There was limited internet info, so you just didn't know how quick a modded GT Starlet was, or a GTiR...

People were doing 200kph++

NZ was the only country taking Japanese imports at the time. We had EVERYTHING JDM, and it was all cheap as.
>>
There are couple mountain roads around my area so sometimes when you are one them you may run into people. Its happened to me 2 or 3 times. Nothing too intense but it's always really fun when it happens.
>>
>>14268800
Yeah man, ff cars aren't worth any attention
>>
File: GM.png (2MB, 1507x785px) Image search: [Google]
GM.png
2MB, 1507x785px
My buddies and I use the old factories around us to race around. Plenty of abandoned motor plants in Michigan
>>
File: 49.png (100KB, 241x207px) Image search: [Google]
49.png
100KB, 241x207px
>grow up in southern california in a city that was ( at the time) just a shit hole desert with nothing around
>make my way back to visit friends who still live out there 20 years later
>town has been built up. roads smooth as fuck, no potholes or cracks
>roads completely dead at night. was hooning around for hours with not a single other car aside from my friends on the road
>end up racing down the streets I grew up on

These were good feels.
>>
>>14261525
It's not a bad thing per say but why spend all that money? Where i live we have tons of racers so every night we just cruise until we find someone and go at it wherever.

when we have a bunch of people we take over the backroads and block em off and race but if its only 1 on 1 we usually just go slow in the middle of the city until theres enough open road ahead for us to fly
>>
File: 51oFjv1DcpL._SL1143_.jpg (40KB, 804x1143px) Image search: [Google]
51oFjv1DcpL._SL1143_.jpg
40KB, 804x1143px
I raced down my street with some other kids on the block, they didn't stand a chance.
>>
>>14262427
The cars great, just finished fixing one up, but it has the worst cases of understeer
>>
>>14264136
I drive a FWD and have no problem racing it. Everything's stripped and its got 4 bags of concrete in the trunk lol if youre not a dumbass you can even hoon it pretty well. gotta swap edges a lot though
>>
- I-10 outside San Antonio from Leon Springs to Boerne
- 4 Z06's, 2 Shelbys, Hella Camaros, why wouldn't I?
- No. All the traffic was behind us, I beat a bolt on Camaro with my stock 2013 GT lol Camaro needed driver mod
>>
Industrial area at 2 am
I wanted to race against the tulpa of my own car and keep up with it
Shhhh everyone's sleeping while I open my imagination
>>
>>14261790
At most your hooning for 50 seconds then getting the fuck out of there. If your smart you do it on inconsistent days at different times at night. Sometimes I catch the cops coming twords the mountain trying to find out who was hooning and I just drive past like nothing happened. It also helps that I have summer tires and I don't have a loud aftermarket exaust.
>>
>>14263793
>not drifting every corner on the touge
>>
>>14269488
>Going out to tear up my usual Touge area
>Scream round a corner and see a car parked on the corner, Silver ford nestled on a farm entrance on the outer edge
>Hammer breaks and roll past him at 10mph trying to figure out what he's doing
>Two 30-odd males in the front in a decent ford, sitting on a corner, shaved heads looking intently around - totally not an unmarked car
>get around the corner and floor it, quickly nip into a drive obscured by hedgerows
>when they go past nip back out, get around the corner out of sight and pedal to the floor

Feels good man

Just last night went around the same area and some street racers got caught, Focus RS had been pulled over and a good 30-40 people and 7-8 cars managed to escape.
>>
>>14262744
Cat and mouse is the only safe way to street race on the touge. With my friends if you go fully into the other lane without a good reason its considered a loss.

Rules of our touge. 1. Stay in your lane. 2. Run brights if your speeding to warn oncoming traffic around curves and to spot wildlife. Dim them when you see an approaching car. 3. Never take a line with leaf or gravel debris.
>>
>>14271245
>Stay in lane

enjoy your 30mph race unless you have a LMAOSTRAIGHTS DRAGRACE which is where 99% of cops will be.
>>
>>14271288
You obviously don't know how to drive. I can maintain a speed of 65-70 on roads that have posted suggested speeds of 15 to 25. When every couple of 100 yards there is a curve around the edge of a mountain not being in your lane is stupid. All it takes is some dumbass who thinks they are fast taking a curve too wide and you both slide off the side of a mountain and die. If your car can't hack it then get on those coilover and sway bar upgrades. Or get the fuck out of our mountians flatlander.
>>
>>14271288
you should stay in your god damn lane
never
ever
cross the lines
>>
>>14271327
go take a hairpin at 70mph using one lane so I can laugh at you

>I'm safe because I drive at the absolute limit, but only in my lane!
>>
>>14271333
We have surprisingly few true hairpins in the area because of the way the land lays and the fact that most roads were old logging roads from the horse and buggy days. Now you obviously can't do that because of physics but I never claimed to do able to do this. If thats your speed then you should find somewhere else to do it. Like not on the street. But im sure you know all about driving on mountian roads that aren't animated or computer generated.

4/10 made me reply.
>>
Yes.
I live in Raleigh, we race on these back roads up near falls lake. It is very exciting. We will also have runs on 440 and 540. Mostly in the country.
>>
>>14269253
where do you live?
>>
>>14271403
Plenty of tight turns and chicanes in most cars on the street you wouldn't get through anything past 55 or 60mph even using both lanes.

Most tracks are a decent bit wider than both lanes of a single lane road combined, with far more quality ground and better cambers and there's plenty of corners that aren't absolute hairpins where people in proper cars will go below 65mph using up all track space and the best line.

>I go 65-70 on roads that are 15-25

The only roads listed where I am below 60 are all inner city or residential, to be 20 it has to be a school. Far less safe to race around those on the same side of the road than cut corners on empty road in the sticks.

In the sticks nearly all roads are posted as 60 or 70 but there's no distinction between conditions other than warning signs.

If you're just gonna drive kinda fast at normal times then yeah sure, stick in one lane and probably get 10-20mph above the road speed and more than that on straights, great.

If you actually want to race then go out and find a good route, race it only night so traffic is next to zero and make sure most corners have visibility on the run in or on the entrances so you know if you can cut the corner, there's always going to be a blind corner somewhere but that's up to driver skill.

I mean, you should be doing all of this anyway if you are driving even appreciably fast and if you aren't, or you're hooning at busier times then you're being far more dangerous than someone that goes and prepares properly.

Then even if you do stay in one lane the dangers don't even change that much. What if someone overtakes, what if someone ventures from their lane, pulls out, lorry driving a wide load, tractor, pedestrians, runners, cyclists, deer. The risks are basically identical except for a few seconds window on a corner apex where someone could be coming around.
>>
>>14261574
My 94 crown vic beat some rice bucket 98 civic si. But I'll give it to preludes for being actually decently fast
>>
>>14271980
OH shut up
>>
>>14271904
I said posted suggested speeds. The speed limit is usually 45 or 55 except for a few development areas that are 35. The point I'm trying to make is blind corners are the norm. Thats why you need to stay in your lane. And yes. It doesnt make it safe. But it does reduce the risk of an accident greatly when every other curve is a blind one.

Also even driving the speed limit during the day when its not the dead of winter here is hard because of the tourists and old folks. You pretty much have to choose between guardrails between you and a death drop or tourists.
>>
File: 785865.gif (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
785865.gif
3MB, 640x360px
>>14261770
Finally proof that you can in fact deck the snek
>>
>>14261475
Yes
Mainly on empty highways and back roads
It was a spur of the moment thing for fun
No, there was no one else.

Generally when I race people, one person rolls up to the other and revs a little. If you both race, generally it'll go until someone gets way ahead, or it's no longer safe (excessively high speeds, traffic, etc).
>>
>>14261475
DAT RX-7
>>
>>14261504
as much as your a typical namefag tool i totally agree
>>
File: td.webm (629KB, 1280x544px) Image search: [Google]
td.webm
629KB, 1280x544px
>>14261770
clicked on this thread expecting this (or from one of the other movies) and still lol'd
>>
Got my license a few hours ago and have a race lined up in 2. Do you think I'll win? Are you rooting for me?
>>
>>14272046
If your roads are all blind then yeah I understand

Personally we just run areas without blind corners, very late at night (10pm winter, later in summer) generally with 2-3 dummy laps beforehand to make sure traffic is fine and learn the corners that you can risk it on then we play chase/lead Touge style rather than the classic overtaking style.

Without having Marshalls at the junctions that's as safe as we could race.
>>
>>14261475
I only drive like I'm "racing" when I know I'm the only one on the road. There are only so many places in the middle of flatland, IL that actually has twisty roads, so I do one lap at normal speed to check for cops and other cars, then I turn around and do it again fast. If I see headlights behind or in front I slow down to normal speed and scrap the run.

This has lead me to think of a fun idea for a website; a way to modernize illegal street racing and make it a little safer. It'd be a site where you can post GPS coordinates for a start and end point, along with your fastest time on the "course," with a dashcam / cellphone video for proof. Then other people can post their times for the same stretch of road. It would require something like my own rules for racing above. If you do anything dangerous around other people, your time and video is removed. Would anyone be interested in using such a service?
>>
I had a k20 ej6 while Living out in the country, nice mountain pass setup with not much room for error. At 4 am only thing we worry about are deer. Sure there is risk, but the fun is enough. Its on you if you break centerline and we usually just so cat and mouse style to negate the whole lane hopping thing. We have a nice route we run almost every night thats about 5 miles of solid winding corners and some nice steep hills and blind corners. Its a blast to run and nobody has been hurt in the 50 times ive ran it. Granted it was on the way to me and my buddies house so i had plenty of practice and most people end up taking the interstate that way anyway. All in all location is key, and the only take the risk when you can handle the consequence. But god damn was it nice just hauling ass on some nice backroads with nothing but the sound of the cars bouncing off the trees. I always looked foreard to my drive home as i got off work about 2 am and almost never saw headlights on the entire run. Only seen cops 1 time but he turned his disco lights off almost as soon as he turned them on. This is in Palmyra Tennessee incase anyone cares
>>
>>14271980
a mid 90s prelude won't make more than 20hp (180hp on the Si) more than a 98 civic si (160hp) while being a couple hundred pounds heavier.
>>
>>14273139
do it man
it'd especially help people like me who don't live near any twisties or mountains find hot spots
the only negative aspect is police catching wind and using it as a speed trap to fill quotas and make themselves look like they're cracking a racing gang
>>
>>14273139
Lol like strava, but for even bigger douchebags
You gon get sued like them when someone gets hurt
>>
>>14273324
>the only negative aspect is police catching wind and using it as a speed trap to fill quotas and make themselves look like they're cracking a racing gang
That's the thing I'm worried about. Even more troubling is the idea of being prosecuted myself under some kind of organized street racing law and getting dick up the ass for 25 years in a concrete room for trying to make street racing safer. It would probably have to require some kind of login system to keep information out of sight from search engines or something, but it'd still be just a matter of time before the wrong person finds out. I don't know enough about the legal aspects of this sort of thing to actually do it.
>>
>>14273383
make it an onion site
>>
>>14262278
>>no ticket, warning or anything.

white privilege at work
>>
It wasn't street racing so much as trying to pass an asshole in a Mustang in my 1998 3 series.

[spoiler]I won.[/spoiler]
>>
>>14262338
I have a 99 f4, what is a TA?
>>
>>14273447
Is it reddit invasion day today or something, lots of bait.
>>
>>14273568
It's true, though.
>>
>rt13 waiting at light,
>be in 95 Broncos with31' tires.
> look to left, riced out civic complete with blue underglow
> rev my engine
>he revs,
>we both revving,
>light goes green.
>both of us appear to have been planning the same thing,
>we both take out foot off the brakes and just coast.
>we both laughing
>go about our days
>>
I went to the street drags east of LA once, way back in the day. It was pretty crazy, a 6 lane industrial area street, completely lined with cars for like a mile, there must have been 500+ cars there.

I've never been into drag shit, though.
>>
>>14273324
Just so you know, quotas are illegal
>>
Street raced in Hawaii a few times. Usually cops would follow us to our spots and check up on us. Got caught once ended up spending $1400 to get out of it.

Moved to Texas last year.
>about to go home
>see guy on bike with gf on back
>waves me to follow him
>well wtf okay
>follow him to somewhat secluded two road
>race on same lane
>pass him once I get top of 3rd gear
>start braking at 100ish
>over the hill comes cop
>get into speed limit of 70
>cop doesn't do anything

Good thing it wasn't a close race, otherwise we probably would have been busted. Plus it was dumb of us to race in same lane and with his gf on back, but whatever had fun no one died.
>>
>>14274677
so is piracy
>>
When i was in high school the police had this speed detecting light up sign that they would move all over the town. We would always put up a score board below it. It maxed out at 99 so the score board was just full of 99s
>>
>>14261557
My buddies and I do this, but it's more of a time attack set up. My buddies roush zx3 has the current record. Only one man on the course at a time. Behind him by 4 seconds is his brothers g37.
>>
>>14273686
It would be true if you knew beyond the shadow of a doubt that anon is white. Honestly, the only way to know for sure his race is if the story involved him being shot by the police in his home and the cops got off scot free.
>>
>>14274712
This is how we always did things back when I ran canyons. Our road was pretty remote and didn't go anywhere, it was easy to see headlights coming from a few corners ahead and we knew which corners were blind enough to not take risks on, and we'd just go up and down and time ourselves. (Later on we started using camcorders and GoPros as well.)

The road is still popular and still run for times there, but the problem is that it's TOO popular. It used to be that hardly anybody was up there, now you're likely to run into traffic that's either also running or is going up there to hard park and spectate.
>>
>>14261475
Where I live if you go any direction except one you hit abandoned twisty mountain roads that the highways made redundant for travel.

Street racing is pretty common because we only have one track, it's one to two hours out of the city (twisty roads are maybe ten minutes), I can count how many times it's open a year on one hand, it's hundreds to put a car on for a day, and the government doesn't invest any of that money back into it so it's falling apart now.

It's pretty much all done as cat and mouse, or time attack. A lot of the roads have no barricades and are starting to deteriorate.
>>
>>14261475
i do more street pissing than actual racing.
>>
>>14275542
indian detected
>>
>>14261584
Crown vic runs 255 hp with an archaic auto tranny and a heavy ass body on frame design its not snail slow but its hard pressed to keep up with any other v8 vehicle or light modded vehicle
>>
>>14273504
Possibly Trans-Am but i dont know shit about abbreviations
>>
>>14275562
im german i just know my cars limits and racing against the same stock lancer and celica gets boring
>>
>>14261475
yes...twice

memezda (lost) vs acura rsx (won by like 3 inches)
https://archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/13895859/
>where did you do it
antonio parkway if you know where that is
>why did you do it
was supposed to be just a simple flyby to fuck around with him but he started flooring it when I finally got up to him
nobody else was around

AYYfiniti (won) vs ford explorer (fucking smoked...i shit you not)
>where did you do it
don't remember the street name
>why did you do it
fucker was being super smug and we ended up at a stop light
nobody else was around
>>
I live 5 miles away from probably the single best street racing road in my state. Pretty rural, largely undeveloped, and basically dead straight for about 2 miles straight.

I used to run there at like 3 am in a modded supra against a couple high school buddies. Never raced more than a couple times a month because we didn't want to make people tip off the cops. It's a fucking blast though; closest thing to a natural drag strip that I've gotten to race on. There's one small rounded decline about halfway through but it's not enough to get air or make you bounce so once you get going in either direction it's basically smooth sailing and you can just open up
>>
File: braindamage.jpg (35KB, 500x504px) Image search: [Google]
braindamage.jpg
35KB, 500x504px
>>14275726
>>
File: TuxMicrosoftSecuritySolutions.jpg (107KB, 673x435px) Image search: [Google]
TuxMicrosoftSecuritySolutions.jpg
107KB, 673x435px
Many, many times.

Open track days are better.
>>
>>14273686
It's not true, if you normalize for education levels, wealth and prosperity blacks are still shite and commit far more crime and do far worse in America.

Had to live on about $30 a week as a family when I was a kid for a decent amount of time with a single mom and I got myself to uni, top grades, no criminal offences, wasn't a prick to anyone.

There is no excuse, the blacks and arabs that were crying about racism were the ones that were total shitstains of human beings out in groups of 10-12 people at night beating fuckers up and wondering why everyone was being shitty to them.

If you're a young adult male white or black and you're out alone or in groups outside of commuting times enjoy being pulled over by police anyway, regardless of skin color.
>>
>>14276801
you act like these are ever an option
>>
So many retards on /o/ all these stories make me cringe.
>>
>>14273504
Trans am
>>
>>14272242
Niggers are dumb
>>
Street racing, huh.

Tbh I never really into it, but when some douche with expensive cars overtake my car (usually Porsche because shit is pretty popular among young kids with wealthy parents around my area), when I'm driving in the fast lane at around 80mph, I know that it's. FUCKING. ON.
>>
>>14278887

i dont like driving in straight lines so i dont think ill ever find street racing thats for me
>>
>>14278887
Fucking this. I'm always on the high way at night because I work 40 miles away from my house so I drive in the 80's. With that being said yesterday night a mustang gt was reving his engine at me so I was like fuck it gotta race sometime. Well he beat me twice, and I was wondering why the hell he was beating me? Well considering I've never really raced before I didn't know that you had to shift down to a lower gear to pick up more speed. So I shifted down to third then fourth and zoomed right passed him. Ended up beating him after that. Anyways /blog
I drive a challenger r/t
>>
Everytime I stop at a red light and a lambo, Ferrari etc pull up they wanna do some drag racing, prolly cuz they don't get to do it often.
Oh and I live in london and drive a motorcycle
>>
File: REEEEEEEE.jpg (41KB, 680x784px) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEEE.jpg
41KB, 680x784px
STOP BUMPING MY THREADS WHEN THEY ARE ON THE VERGE OF BEING ARCHIVED

I WANT TO POST NEW AND EXCITING THREADS

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>14279580
> I didn't know that you had to shift down to a lower gear to pick up more speed

how do you not know this?
>>
>>14283089
He drives a dodge
>>
>>14263572
Why not meet up with Noone and do shit then?

>>14263650
>Compounding prefixes
Use Mm next time.

>>14269253
>per say

>>14273370
Come now, it's possible to use Strava without being a dick bag. Not so anon's proposed psuedo-street-race site.
>>
File: gfhj7658udg.jpg (18KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
gfhj7658udg.jpg
18KB, 600x600px
>>14264136
>>
>>14272948

Sounds like your staying safe and smart. Which can be a rare thing. Good luck friend.

>>14273404
This. Semi deep web. The cops that can access it wont care because thats mild compared to what else is down there. The ticket writers will never see it. Just dont get gambling involved and you should be fine. Just in case host in a safe country.
>>
I do a lot of roll racing on the highway. We'll wait til we find a large gap and go between exits. I've even done digs on a 6 lane highway. Shit is nuts.

The feeling is awesome but you better be ready to run if the fuzz show up. Im glad my car is fast because theres been a few times where I had to book it. Only do it at night so they cant get a good I.D. on your car. If you get stopped you're looking at jail time and huge fines.
Thread posts: 184
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.