[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why Does Everything Suck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 10

There are no fun cars

The Snek was killed because everything must be a safe as a fucking tank and become baloons when it hit something or it's banned

All cars weigh as much as tanks because everybody must be able to fucking "safely" bumpercars around like a bunch of spastic puppies on crack instead of increasing passing requirements for driving classes to ensure the HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF FUCKERS ON THE ROAD CAN DRIVE.

The V8 is almost dead because CAFE standards, BUT ENRORMOUS FUCKBARGE SUV'S GET A BREAK FOR SOME INDESCRIBABLE REASON

Everything looks the same (read: constipated and with Lamborghini bodykits)

Everything sounds the same

And I discovered that I can't find grippy summer tires or even summer tires at all to fit onto the OEM rim for a Grand National.

Why does everything suck?

I am indescribably mad.
>>
>>14240532
everything sucks because I don't have enough money to live at a race track where all my disposable wealth goes into fuel, tires, and wear items.

Sometimes I honestly want to end it because this will never happen.
>>
File: rx7.jpg (104KB, 1530x778px) Image search: [Google]
rx7.jpg
104KB, 1530x778px
This is definitely one of the worst eras for cars. Everything seems to have confused/artsy/angry styling, smooth curves, flat noses, and overall bloated appearance with poor visibility from within. Making rear cameras a legal requirement will also kill the idea of minimalist interiors. I hope one day someone finds a lighter alternative to airbags, and new materials science (carbon nanotubes?) make thin unibody frames possible.
>>
>>14240550
Go build a go kart.
>>
>>14240532
Men generally either are too poor, in prison, or buy safe family vehicles that their wives make them buy. Women have gained economic power and love meme shit like crossovers and SUVs.

Add that to the safety requirements and you get watered down vehicles.
>>
>>14240565
>tripfag
>suggesting faggot meme option
>expectations: met
>>
File: a02.gif (462KB, 400x200px) Image search: [Google]
a02.gif
462KB, 400x200px
>>14240532
I feel like things wouldn't blow so hard if I had more money.
>>
>>14240565
Kek

https://youtu.be/lCWp05fwlrE
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAvQSkK8Z8U

This bleak future was foretold by the prophet Richard Foster in 1973, and again by Rush in 1981.
>>
>>14240532
>There are no fun cars
Fiesta ST
Focus ST/RS
Miata & Fiata
FR-S/BRZ
500 Abarth
G37
V8 Mustang
V8 Camaro
V8 Challenger
GTI/Golf R
Corvette
3 series/M3
5 series/M5
C63/E63/SL63/SLK55
Viper while it lasts
Any Turbo Mini
911/Cayman/Boxster

There has never been a time where the market had such a wide selection of fun cars for sale.

Do you just mean your broke ass can't afford anything fun, because that's different
>>
>>14241178
>actually enjoying cars
>respecting cars from all countries
>using logic

Get off this board.
>>
Don't forget:
>soon enough Google/Tesla will make it illegal for you to even drive your own car
>>
File: 1403620672630.png (167KB, 494x493px) Image search: [Google]
1403620672630.png
167KB, 494x493px
>>14240532
>There are no fun cars
Because you don't know how to look. Also, trucks and SUVs get special exemptions, along with crossovers and minivans because of the 70s where American auto makers were almost destroyed by the embargo.
>>
The Grand National is cool but it's quickly becoming the dumbshit with inch thick rose tinted goggles poster child.
>>
>>14240532
>buying modern
>e v e r
>v
>e
>r
>>
>>14241263
It's already been that for a long time.
>>
>15x7
bur
>>
>>14241246
Oil embargo had nothing to do with increased safety or emission standards. In fact all those did was make things worse.
>>
>>14241178
>V8 Mustang
>V8 Camaro
Why only V8? Even the base model engines are great and outperform all but the quickest previous generations including V8s.
>>
>>14241414
because a V6 mustang is a secretary car
>>
>BUT ENRORMOUS FUCKBARGE SUV'S GET A BREAK FOR SOME INDESCRIBABLE REASON
Because of protectionism. SUVs and trucks are the only category where Detroit with its outdated engineering doesn't get its ass whooped by foreign competition yet.
>>
>>14241090
Now put an LS1 in it.

https://youtu.be/eQAwJn_CSKI
>>
>>14243935
Mustang are chick cars anyway, so that fits.
>>
>everything sucks
maybe you just have depression?
>>
File: IMG_20151221_164256.jpg (3MB, 3088x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20151221_164256.jpg
3MB, 3088x4160px
>>14240532
Fellow GN bro?
>>
>>14244650
Not yet, but I really want one. Maybe I'm starstruck, who knows. Where do you get summer tires to put on that beast? All I could find were grand touring all seasons, nobody made a summer tire in that size.
>>
>>14240532
People just want to go to and from work. Nobody gives a shit about your hobby. Eventually computers will take over as drivers and you'll finally be able to legally go home alone in your own car while drunk.
>>
>>14241414
you don't buy faggy shit like a V6 unless it's straight. I mean if you're going to drive a V6 you might as well get a big black boyfriend to fuck your boipussy
>>
>>14245043
Got mine in November so I haven't needed new tires. Still on Goodyear eagle gt2s. I don't really see a reason to get summer tires on the stock wheels anyway, my plan its to buy a set of the reproduction wheels they make for these that are wider and aluminum and just get drag radials.
>>
we really are in the neo-70's.

complete with all the shitty modern regulations fucking over cars.

history really does repeat itself
>>
File: enhanced-17159-1423068265-32.jpg (74KB, 501x585px) Image search: [Google]
enhanced-17159-1423068265-32.jpg
74KB, 501x585px
>>14240532
>Why Does Everything Suck
Truly a mystery.
>>
>>14245538
Atleast power is going up to handle all the extra weight instead of being cut in half.
>>
my evo doesnt suck

unless you were those 2 oinkers that lost me pretty much instantly :3
>>
>>14241178
>Do you just mean your broke ass can't afford anything fun, because that's different
This. If you have even $25,000 you can own fun cars for the rest of your life. Below that amount and the pickings are slim.
>>
its because you have a shit-taste, pleb
>>
>>14245597
I dont know how to feel about that when instead of V8's or even V6's, it's all "ecoboost" V4 and i4s
>>
>>14245651
>#ITSNOTFORYOU
>>
>The V8 is almost dead because CAFE standards

No, is not dead yet.
>>
>>14245538
>we really are in the neo-70s

uhh...

there's no oil embargo

no national state of depression from losing a war and uncovering a major political scandal

no shitty disco and people absorbing themselves in the drugs and fake party life of the dance clubs

not a lot of cool progressive rock and punk

not a lot of interesting artsy movies like Clockwork Orange and Taxi Driver

and honestly cars are really good right now, they're not anemic slouches
>>
>>14241296
>bur

Underrated post.
>>
>>14245756
>there's no oil embargo
since the mid 00's or so the price of oil has steadily gone up. doesnt matter what the cause or who was behind it, the effect is the same.

>no national state of depression from losing a war and uncovering a major political scandal
the "War on Terror" is literally Vietnam 2.0: Desert Storm edition. a long, prolonged military involvement in a foreign country that spirals out of control into an unending slog, and we have Hillary Clinton with the email nonsense, which while nowhere near as bad as Nixon and Watergate, is trying pretty hard to be.
>no shitty disco and people absorbing themselves in the drugs and fake party life of the dance clubs
no, but the 70's had all that free love hippie bullshit, and we have instead, SJW's and third wave feminists and their "I'm a freesexotherkinmuffinsexual" bullshit instead. Drungs is same shit different poison. I hear heroin is big these days. instead of clubs it's social media.

>not a lot of interesting artsy movies like Clockwork Orange and Taxi Driver
no, but you forget that the 70's were also full of a lot of terrible very 70's movies noone remembers. similarly, we are in a glut of shitty hollywood films noone will remember 10 years from now, save for a few films that try to hearken back to mostly 80's or 90's action movies, or try to just be simple good movies.

>and honestly cars are really good right now, they're not anemic slouches
good is in the eye of the beholder i suppose. they aren't the anemic slouchers of the 70's, but the regulations have hit harder elsewhere, this time insofar as "safety standards" go. The Viper literally got canned because of curtain airbags. and cars keep getting fatter because of all the bullshit they have to fit in them. (and partially because of shitty design, plain and simple.)

thats just me though.
>>
>>14245839
dont forget that while cars arent as weak as then, we have witnessed the death of large engines. while cars aren't slouches, they are all small i4 engines.

something big like the ford fusion, would have been a V6 car at LEAST, with a V8 option if it were released a decade earlier.
>>
>>14245895
Show me a taurus with a V8 from the factory. I'll wait.
>>
>>14240532

This:
>>14241178

Get a job and quit whining you can't afford the ultimate driving machine on a NEET budget.
>>
>>14245911
>something big like the ford fusion

reading comprehension, anon.

the Ford Fusion is a large car. the Taurus was always more of a a mid sized/small car.
>>
>>14246144
Fusion is considered mid sized.

that said, the first gen DID offer your choice of an I4 or a V6, which was more along the standard for a mid sized car. (the Taurus for example, was always a V6, only in 2013 did they introduce an I4 option)

meanwhile, the second gen Fusion is an I4 ONLY car.
>>
>>14241414
would you buy a bicycle with only 1 wheel?
>>
>>14245043
so youre mad you cant find tires for a car you dont own
holy shit
>>
File: 1998_SHO.jpg (392KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1998_SHO.jpg
392KB, 1440x1080px
>>14245911
>>
>>14245911
are you trolling
>>
File: 1996-1999_Ford_Taurus_SHO_front.jpg (134KB, 2180x872px) Image search: [Google]
1996-1999_Ford_Taurus_SHO_front.jpg
134KB, 2180x872px
>>14246287
well how about that.

pretty rare, but a V8 taurus does exist.
>>
>>14245911
You'd have to time travel to the mid 90's to wait.
>>
>>14246261
I plan on getting it. Seriously, I'm putting money to the side and researching options to add powah and improve high-speed handling. I really want to keep the stock rims because I love the stock look and how the tire fatness just fits in with an old GM G-body. Apparantly my only option is lower profile tires to see if I can get something that's ment to grip the pavement and handle high speeds.
>>
>>14240532
Born too late; sucks to be you.
>>
>>14241090
I am sorry, but I do not see the point in this besides "I have X motor in my gokart designed to do burnouts".

I mean, a harbor freight motor could do the same thing within gearing.

That turbo V6 motor needs to go fast. Not in circles...
>>
>>14246354
>born too late to experience good cars
>born too early to experience flying cars
>born just in time to browse dank memes on /o/
>>
>>14245648
Even if you have 5,000$ who's to say you can't go pick up an old 2001 Mustang and it a little more fun.
For 1k you can throw a sound system and seats into.
Another grand you have nice tires and rims to match.
Petty shit is what collectively makes for a fun car.
>>
>>14246369
Mustang......
http://biggeekdad.com/2015/01/1953-cadillac-eldorado/
>>
>>14240532
NOTHING SUCKS WITH CARS IF YOU'RE WILLING TO DO VERY STUPID THINGS TO SHITBOXES FOR MORE HORSEPOWER.
WHEN YOU CAN WRENCH/WELD THE ONLY THING LIMITING YOURSELF IS YOUR BUDGET.
>>
>>14246582
I think your capslock is broken, friend
>>
>>14246608
THIS IS HOW I SHOUT ON THE INTERNET COMPADRE
>>
>>14246619
>Reddit: the humour
>>
>>14240532
Sounds like someone has a case of the "Mondays"
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 10

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.