[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The reason cars have become shit is because women were allowed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 149
Thread images: 15

File: 201507_1053_ccebc_sm.jpg (21KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
201507_1053_ccebc_sm.jpg
21KB, 300x300px
The reason cars have become shit is because women were allowed to drive. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>14235573

I agree with you. Women often vote for more safety measures, more restrictions, etc. They are a large consumer base and drive trends like Le angry car face.

They ruin pretty much everything. Cars, nations, whatever.
>>
>>14235573
Actually, I really can't. All this dumb, superfluous shit in modern cars caters pretty much to
a) Women
b) People who don't like driving (Women)
c) People who don't like simplicity (Women)
d) People who don't understand cars (Women)
>>
>>14235573
Nah, it's not women. It's government.

>CAFE laws
>pedestrian crash standards (thanks europoors)
>Ralph Nader
>>
>>14235598
and women are the majority of the electorate

the muslims have the right idea with regards to them
>>
First you need to explain how cars have become shit.
It's like faggots complaining about modern music being shit.
No, it's your own fault for not seeking out good music.
>>
>>14235582
>They are a large consumer base and drive trends like Le angry car face.

Crossovers too.

The funny about a lot of their excuses for buying them is so that they "can see over the rest of the traffic". Wouldn't have thought that would be all that useful is everyone drove a crossover.
>>
>>14235635
>No, it's your own fault for not seeking out good music

Not quite. I can download all the old music I want but fun old shitboxes are in limited supply.

I know a bloke who bought his wife some new Merc on some anniversary of theirs. It cost shitloads, performance is dismal and it has some sort of auto-control that stops you from running into things/does parking for you. She loves it, he hates it.
>>
>>14235699
So what? He could have got an ariel atom. He would have loved it she would hate it.
It's not like these features were sneaked in against his will.
>>
>>14235635
They look bad because of cafe laws and safety regulations.
They are, with a few exceptions, less engaging to drive
More expensive to fix and over the years cars have been costed down. Smaller, cheaper, lighter (components) . But the savings aren't passed on to you.
>>
File: 9121_1306933641403_full.jpg (174KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
9121_1306933641403_full.jpg
174KB, 1000x750px
>>14235573
The reason cars have become shit is because men were allowed to design and build them. Prove me wrong.
>>
all the people saying cars are shit, what sort of car do you consider good?
>>
After being in a marriage for 9 years, and currently going through the process of divorce... I'd say so.

My (soon-to-be-ex) wife tried forcing me to sell my Miata, MR2, and recently my C7 so she could buy a BMW X5. We don't even have kids, and she already drives a 2008 Lexus GX I bought her brand new back then, and it hasn't even reached 70k miles and she was begging for a new car.

She ended up quitting her job a year I got married and became a "stay-at-home mom" when we had no immediate plans for kids. When she would go off and spend $1000 on a single purse, or $5000 on a shopping trip in Orlando she would throw a tantrum when I confronted her.

Recently I lost my mother, and she ended up wrecking my mom's car because she was road raging and on the phone. I had enough of the bullshit, and kicked her out of the house.

Women are like that in politics too. They don't get what they want and they kick and scream. They base laws off of irrational fears rather than logic, and only bring emotional arguments into play. They're forcing that shit on the next generation of kids, which in-turn causes the kids to follow similar ideals.

Women are the reason the Snek is being discontinued. Women are the reason millennials drive crossovers and hate driving. Women are the reason we have "pedestrian safety" laws, giant a-pillars, and blobby-looking cars with dogshit visibility and performance.
>>
Haven't women pretty much been allowed to drive since cars were invented?

Seriously, Karl Benz's wife took the first fucking road trip in a car.

So why are cars the way they are today?

Well, from the 1940s-1960s, doctors started noticing their patients were getting sicker. Many of their patients commuted to work in cities, which were filled with smog that included a hell of a lot of lead from car exhaust. So they started lobbying the government to put emission controls into vehicles to cut down on harmful exhaust, and to switch to an unleaded fuel. The government did that in the early 1970s, and doctors noticed their patients getting healthier afterwards.

And then there is the old spoilsport Ralph Nader, who decried cars of the 1950s and 1960s as being deathtraps, looking at statistics of car accidents and investigating the designs of the cars themselves (He and others are the reason tailfins are no longer done by manufacturers). He began lobbying for federal safety regulations in the early 60s, and by the late 60s, seatbelts were mandatory on most vehicles, and more comprehensive design regulations were in place by the 1970s (such as the 5mph bumper).

As technology got more advanced, more features were made mandatory, such as airbags and crumple zones. Some of those may not have been made mandatory by the government but rather by insurance companies, who tested the cars themselves and gave them ratings on their performance in a crash test.

Probably the only thing you could say women are responsible for is making drunk driving a felony, as MADD was a fairly large organization in the 70s and 80s, and pushed for more serious attention to be given to drunk driving. Otherwise, most of the things you clueless fags blame them for were actually implemented by insurance companies and resale value and etc.

Also, 'le angry faec' is what we in the real world call a design trend, which happens to change constantly over the decades.
>>
reminder that women aren't allowed to drive in saudi arabia

mudslimes -1

americlaps -0

ALLAHUACKBAR
>>
I agree, just look at the French cars. I used to have a Peugeot 205 gti, and it was a blast to drive, small sporty car without much safety. The new 208 gti is shit, and I have driven it already. Ever since the idea of family car emerged, all the cars that gave passion either became too expensive, or they went extinct thanks to the call for safety and assists and what not. Hell, I still have a 205gti, I haven't even started it in 7 years, I'll try it in a little
>>
Not women, democracy. Now every retard with a twitter account thinks his opinion is worth a shit
>>
The problem isn't women driving, the problem is men buying used cars. Women buy more New cars then men do. Women influence the purchase of some 80% of new car purchases.
It's called free market economics, niggers, automakers make cars women will like because women are the ones buy cars new.
>>
>>14235725
so we are gonna blame women for emissions and safety regs and shareholders wanting to maximise profit?
>>
>>14235771
I feel you bro. I dumped my gf for some hipster faggot with a wrx. 10/10 best decision i ever made.
>>
>>14235888
What do you buy when everything is shit?
>>
>>14237137
New cars are blobs because women buy them. Women buy new cars because they're blobs.

It's a vicious cycle that has to be stopped.
>>
>>14235573
Women tend to have less serious accidents and get in accidents much less frequently.
>>
>>14237173
No. Women tend to get into more accidents than men. It's just that their accidents are usually cheaper to resolve and non-fatal. It's usually a product of them being unaware. Men get in accidents less frequently, but it's more likely to be expensive and fatal. Usually these accidents are caused by men racing or driving like douchebags.
>>
>>14237173
That's because statiscly women drive less than men.
>>
>>14235888
Can confirm. My dad was ok getting a used Rav4 V6. My mom wanted something new because >muh warranty
>>
>tfw all but one instances of road rages I've encountered over 2 years of driving have been thundercunts in their black SUVs.

Chicks have been small for all their lives, when they get behind the wheel of a larger car, all they can think of is 'might is right'. They cause accidents and drive like lunatics because it's 'payback'.
>>
>>14235814
>being reasonable
>on a forum for NEETs who are bitter at the world
Kek.
>>
>>14235583
Also cucks.
>>
>>14235738
Show me one good car designed by a woman in the last 25 years and you will prove this whole thread wrong.
>Protip: you can't
>>
File: butthurt-faggot.jpg (63KB, 331x402px) Image search: [Google]
butthurt-faggot.jpg
63KB, 331x402px
Women are statistically better drivers than men and are involved in less accidents.

Source: I work for an insurance company.
>>
>>14237436
You mean they don't report that they backed into another car in a parking lot when they weren't paying attention? It's almost like they don't want their insurance to go up.
>>
>>14235836
family cars have been around since the beginning of cars.
>>
>>14237452
>I don't want my insurance to go up
>So I won't use my insurance

>>14237436
Also I'm betting far less women do intense-driving jobs. Post some fucking proofs since you have evidence. Break down that claim into numbers.
>>
>>14237465
OF course it has, but in the last 20 years or so there's been this insane idea that *all* cars need to be family cars

So you get "hot" hatches that anyone can drive, 2+2 sports cars and no 3 door anything

I miss when small hatchbacks weighed under a ton
>>
>>14237189
Considering the difference in numbers, time and distance spent driving by Men and Women.

Women on Women crashes are massively over represented in accidents and bear in mind that Women are vastly more likely to purchase and enable the safety features on their car and are far less likely to engage in risky behaviour and driving on the roads.

It's pretty undeniable that women are 'worse' conventional drivers than men are however there are more men that believe they are 'better' drivers than they really are causing them to push their limits too far and collaterally crash.

As for causing safety features women have become a larger and larger driving force in the car market, whilst they already controlled most domestic spending (most women have control over what car the family gets) this means an exponential increase in buying power.

Women are much, much more likely to request additional extra safety features and use them, whether that means it is the cause of increased safety features is a different story.
>>
This article makes me cringe:
http://www.gizmag.com/go/2672/

>>14237519
>far less likely to engage in risky behaviour and driving on the roads

Like tailgating everyone and driving while permanently on their phones?
>>
>>14237527
brake-checking*

Women seem to be the culprit of this way more often.
>>
>>14237469
http://www.dmv.org/insurance/how-gender-affects-auto-insurance-rates.php

While gender-based car insurance may seem biased, the following statistics provided by the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) help explain why gender is a rating factor for car insurance:

>71% of all car accident-related deaths in 2012 were males.
>The number of drivers who died in a fatal car accident was 50% higher for men than women in 2008.
>Men are much more likely to have been under the influence of alcohol in a fatal crash. In 2012, 38% of fatally injured male drivers had BACs of over 0.08%, as compared to 20% of fatally injured female drivers.
>Seat belt use was observed in 88% of female front seat occupants, as compared to 84% of male front seat occupants.
>In 2012, 23% of male drivers who were involved in fatal accidents were speeding at the time of the accident, while 14% of women involved in fatal crashes were doing the same.
>>
>>14235573
Wish I could, but my girlfriend even agrees.
>>
>>14237558
>Women don't speed and still manage to get in fatal accidents

Literally how, I don't even think it's possible to do.
>>
>>14237558
>71% of all car accident-related deaths in 2012 were males.
Irrelevant. It doesn't even state that males caused the accidents, it says 71% of deaths caused by accidents were males. An actual statistic would be x percent of women have been in an accident in their lifetime and y percent of men have been in an accident in their lifetime if you want to compare women and men in terms of driving.
>>
>>14235669
From my experience women look directly in front of themselves (if at the road at all) and have a terrible eye lead time so they won't actually use the improved visibility anyway.

I can even look through/around traffic most of the time in my tiny shitbox by positioning myself correctly.
>>
File: IMAG0260.jpg (1MB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0260.jpg
1MB, 2688x1520px
I really don't get where all this positive information gunning towards women being the safer daily drivers is coming from.

I'm currently active service (thankfully only for another 10 months), and I've seen some of the least capable drivers, both male and female alike.
That being said, most of the incapable drivers are female. Either with 66 ton + passenger vehicles like a bus, or a flatbed deuce, down to basic things like 2500 trucks and vans.
They frequently can not reverse in these vehicles, they cannot get a concept (even after 1-2 months hands on training) of their size and how to handle them, and they try to speed on all platforms.

I know for a fact that with sports cars or 'sporty' vehicles in general, guys will be more wreckless and abandon safety for the joys of driving like a total ass, as I do in my little slice of 4th gen hell. (Pic related, its my car)

However, the whole 'might is right' mentality of women is spot on. I've got my old '98 Camaro there, and I've got my '05 RAM 1500. When I infrequently let some of the girls I work with drive my truck, they're SIGNIFICANTLY worse drivers, in the worst ways.
Riding people's ass in traffic, flooring it everywhere, flipping lanes over, etc. I usually just stay quiet and take my keys back after we eat or whatever, but I have asked a few times why they drive like that.

It's literally because, and I will quote them here, "I'm bigger in this truck than my car, so they can just move over!". End quote.
After that, those people never drive again, which has eliminated 4/6 girls in my division so far. The other two are like me, and they are fairky reasonable, if not 10x more likely to try to grab their phone and start texting while driving.
>>
>>14235699
How is the "not crashing into things" thing bad?
>>
i am going to get on this le modern cars suck bandwagon because its fucking true.

Modern cars really do fucking suck and past 1999 have not changed apart from year to year visual upgrades and only added 400kg in safety shit that wont protect you in a real high speed collision

all these I NEED 5000 AIRBAGS WRAP MYSELF IN COTTON WOOL faggots drive me nuts they have been ruining cars since the early 90's and only a few escaped the great safety gimping.

I purposely make my car less safe because fuck that
>>
>>14237781
>because its fucking true

no its not.

Its like music: your average moron will say modern music sucks and older music is better, but then when you ask further, you find out he really didn't make much of an attempt to search through modern music, he just sat back and listened to the radio or spotify playlists.

You can sit back and say modern cars suck based on your narrow experience with present-day econo-commuters, but all that shows is that you've completely ignored the performance cars or you haven't actually looked at most modern cars besides publicity photos and hearsay.
>>
>>14237821
>Its like music
No it's not.

Yes, there are those who shit on new cars for the same reasons some people shit on modern music, but I wouldn't say that is where most of /o/ is coming from.

There are a select few great modern cars, but that will never matter because a lot of /o/ posters, myself included, have a boner for 80s and 90s shitboxes.

With music, you can very often find bands trying to bring back a certain style, but with cars that is a lot harder to do. You can't get the variety of cars that you can with bands.
>>
>>14235598

>ralph nader

Hey, chevy corvairs deserved the hate ralph was against shitty and negligent engineering not pro huge ugly crossover
>>
>>14237660
Accidents per miles driven would be a more fair comparison than just the % of men that have gotten into an accident in their lifetime vs the % of women that have.
>>
>>14237821
>modern music sucks
>older music is better
If we're strictly sticking to what's popular and well known, this is true.
>>
>>14235738
I'm not an /r9k/ faggot like these guys but that's not really a good defense. The new NSX is designed by a women and it's kinda pigfat.
>>
>>14238416
>kinda pigfat

It's fucking 2800lbs in it's stripped out track version, I can't even find road going numbers but I have to assume more than 3000lbs. That's GTR level pigfat
>>
>>14238453
GTR is 1740kg which is quite a lot more than 3000lbs
1000kg=2205lb
>>
Focus groups are a big part of it.
>car needs wifi
>car needs bluray/dvd for kids
>car needs selfpark
>>
>>14238551
>all that shit combined costs 100 per car
>can charge 2 grand a shot
why WOULDN'T you?
>>
>>14238302
True that.
>>
>tfw the best driving experience i had was with a shitty peugeot 106 that couldn't even get to 130km/h
>tfw all new (affordable) cars have no feeling , assisted everything , no sound , plastic everywhere , even if they are 4 times more powerful
>>
>>14237714
That "might is right" mentality is spot on. Looking at my mom and dad my dad appears to be the worse driver legally but all of his tickets are for stupid shit like speeding on empty highways while my mom has been in a handful of crashes, bumps, or accidents over the years. She drives an escalade and it's fucking terrifying being in the same car as her, she'll enter traffic slowly, switch lanes without checking or signaling, and even turn onto one way streets at full speed. She also reverses by putting the car into reverse and just flooring it without looking behind her, first day my dad brought home his new 300zx she ended up denting the shit out of it by reversing like that out of the driveway

Asked her why she drives like that / why she only likes driving bigger cars and she said she likes feeling safe when she's on the road regardless of the fact that there's nothing safe about her driving, that escalade protects her from her own recklessness. Whenever I visit home I never let her drive if I'm in the same car
>>
>>14235583

>simplicity

For who? The driver or the mechanic.

Because it would be very simple for someone to throw it in D, worry about two pedals and not have to worry about road feedback because the steer-by wire system eliminates that.
>>
>>14237156
Way to not answer my question.
>>
>>14237137
Buy something that can be made un-shitty and work with it.
>>
>>14235573
Fuck off back to /r9k/ you autistic seppo cunt.

Yes, there's fucking SHIT female drivers but last night i encountered 2 retarded as fuck male drivers.

1 of which was LITERALLY IN THE MIDDLE OF THE ROAD ON A BLIND CORNER, PARKED, LOADING UP HIS BOOT, WITH A OPEN PARKING SPOT A FEW METERS UP.

The best driver i know happens to be a female as well.

Sorry OP, i can't agree with you at all since i've seen some dumb fucking men driving and it's quite obvious you need to get back to /r9k/ immediately.

As a side note >>14235598 This poster is right.

Bureaucracy is responsible for bullshit being pushed on us, google the word kafkaesque.

Here in australia, the laws are literally a dystopian nightmare. It's nothing to do with females and everything to do with greedy cunts wanting more money.
>>
>>14235823
OP is literally a fucking shitskin.

>>14235814
DING DING DING this poster gets it right.

Get the fuck off our board OP
>>
>>14237714
Your evidence is anecdotal.

The insurance companies JOB is to make money, they're well fucking aware of who causes more accidents across the board and it's men.

No fucking shit there's a few dumb cunts from both genders, but it is not quantifiable evidence.

You /r9k/ autists already got BTFO in this thread with statistics, so keep posting.
We're all laughing at how much you hate women.
>>
>>14239121
>we
>>
>>14238534
The GTR is INTENTIONALLY that heavy.

You fuckers always think the lighter a car is, the better.

http://www.caradvice.com.au/269724/nissan-gt-r-review-black-edition/

>Nissan’s head engineer for the GT-R project argues that the car is deliberately kept heavy as it’s easier for the average driver to drive quicker when the car is less likely to float, particularly as you start getting past 250km/h – speeds which the GT-R is easily capable of reaching and maintaining.

It's kept heavier so you can corner better AND turn above 250km/h

But i guess /o/ knows better than some of the world's leading engineers, right?

>>14239134
I'll have a laugh with him mate.

You cunts have ignored statistics that the other bloke posted and it's true.

There's a reason females get cheaper insurance. Money talks and insurance companies would not be giving them cheaper insurance if it was not worth it. They're greedy jews only out to maximize profits.

The OP really does need to get back to /r9k/
>>
>>14239157
>world's leading engineers
kek
>easier for the average driver
double kek
>You cunts have ignored statistics that the other bloke posted and it's true.
What is "Please dont arrest me sir.. im a single mother" for 10points Jerry. Oh wow suddenly lower rates for tickets/accidents.
>DMV.org
>Implying im american
Yes because arguing against blanket statements like "all x does x" then saying the statistics from one country applies to all makes you just as guilty.
>>
>>14235573
My fiancé drives my subie very well I mean shit I dd a 96 corolla while she drives 400hp of sti, your thinking American woman, their shit at everything
>>
>>14239294
im not the same guy, but you're fucking retarded
>>
>>14239157

>they're greedy Jews out to maximize profits

>getting mad at smart business

You go ahead and start an insurance company that gives 16-21 year old males cheaper insurance on risky vehicles than your average soccer mom SUV insurance combo and let us see how long you will last.
>>
>>14239440
I don't think you understood his post at all
>>
The real reason women claim less on average and their rates are lower

> they make their partner put the claim in instead
>>
>>14238310
To be fair, its obvious that old things, whatever they are, are usually "better" because the shit gets sorted out after enough time.
I like old cars more, but thats mostly because lightweight rwd two seaters were still a thing.
I agree with the guy who said every car tries to be a family car. A fucking opel adam could be interesting, but it has to have four seats. God damn toyots sfr even has four seats, even if the rear ones are for amputees only
>>
>>14239157
>every single engineer in the world is wrong and weight is not an enemy of performance
>GTR engineer is doing a PR job to justify his pigfat creation
which one is more likely?
>>
File: apexs 240.jpg (108KB, 800x592px) Image search: [Google]
apexs 240.jpg
108KB, 800x592px
>>14235669
>first got my license, SUV trend just starting
>had 81 camaro
>still mostly other cars on the road
>everyone is low to the ground, can easily see business signs & street lights suspended over other cars
>current day, daily is a 240sx
>everyone else is has fuckhuge crossovers
>signs obscured by taller vehicles
>have to drive towards middle of road to see past crossovers infront of me since everyone has tinted rear glass that you can't look thru to see whats ahead
it's bad to the point were sometimes when behind someone I can't even see street lights ahead because of how tall these newer crossovers are getting. it's to the point where I just watch their brake lights to tell if the light is green, and sometimes run red lights if the person infront of me runs a yellow without any sign of yeilding
>>
File: ChapmanFacepalm.jpg (18KB, 299x400px) Image search: [Google]
ChapmanFacepalm.jpg
18KB, 299x400px
>>14239157
>>
>>14239537
Weight us an enemy of performance yes
Re read what anon posted though, has less to do with Performance and much more to do with ease of using that performance
>>
>>14238453
That's light AF moron, for a modern car with all of those systems? Tell me, how much do lambos and ferraris weigh?
>>
I literally get furious every time a woman is behind the wheel, even if she drives alright.

inb4 muslim

My GF picked me up a few days ago and in a 15 minute drive, I had to grab the wheel 3 times to avoid hitting parked cars, some nigger who broke down in the middle of a lane, and a curb.

And no, it's not just my GF that sucks, it's every woman.
>>
>>14235814
>(He and others are the reason tailfins are no longer done by manufacturers).
What was the logic behind this? I understand the whole LOL SNAP OVERSTEER NO ROLL BAR thing with the Corvair, but I don't see how tail fins could be harmful.
>>
File: whosthat.png (9KB, 274x290px) Image search: [Google]
whosthat.png
9KB, 274x290px
>>14239121
>Job is to make money
>Why not use bullshit statistics to charge men higher rates
>Then when women get in all the accidents, we can raise their rates too!
Now, who would use such underhanded tactics?
American insurance companies?
Surely not!
>>
>>14239545
This. I drive a Buick and I feel like I'm on my stomach compared to all the crossovers and shit in front of me. Huh, guess my lane is right turn only. Didn't know that because of crossovers blocking both lanes. GG, now I'm gonna have to loop around.
>>
File: not my concept car.jpg (86KB, 530x298px) Image search: [Google]
not my concept car.jpg
86KB, 530x298px
>>14237427

I can't.
>>
File: 1410752641661.jpg (55KB, 500x501px) Image search: [Google]
1410752641661.jpg
55KB, 500x501px
>>14237558
>tfw if this was the other way around and insurance was charging women more, there would be outrage and claiming the insurance agencies were profiting off of patriarchal stereotypes.

If they could get away with charging the Chinese more for insurance, I'm sure they would too
>>
>>14237558
>71% of all car.. deaths
Was the male driving? This also doesn't weight the number of male drivers vs female drivers. Discarded.

>Number of...
Also doesn't factor in number of drivers for each gender. Discarded.

The last points are why we have higher insurance. But we drink because the wife keeps wrecking our car, so.. Really, who's fault is it?
>>
File: 1325041171062.jpg (19KB, 507x346px) Image search: [Google]
1325041171062.jpg
19KB, 507x346px
>>14238710
Huh, you described exactly how my gf's mom drives with her Escalade. Needless to say, the nearly 6000 lb suv doesn't make me feel any safer when we're less than 5 ft from the car in front of us at 75 mph
>>
>>14239157
>gives women cheaper insurance
>greedy jews
Ok faggot
>>
>>14235573
>muh safety
>muh high seat
>>14235582
that and the prohibition sure worked out good
>letting women vote
>>
>>14241035
"pedestrian safety"
>>
>>14239545
In all fairness, it sounds like you tailgate like a motherfucker.
>>
THINK OF THE CHILDREN
>>
>>14235823
>daily reminder that 12 year olds post on /o/
>>
>>14239089
>using anecdotal evidence of two badly-driving men to disprove a general rule

You argue like a woman
>>
>>14242391
one retard in the 1970s throws his head under a truck
his mother bitches about it for decades
present day every one has to wear a helmet
>>
>>14239294
>being this much of an MRA
>>
>>14239466
Wouldn't affect dmv stats which require an sr1 filed for any serious collision.

Face it, you're dumb as fuck, women crash into mailboxes because they're careless all the time and men crash into and kill people all the time, and for some reason you think that makes women worse drivers. Get your priorities straight you cherry picking faggot
>>
>>14235573
The only person you can blame is america, nearly a decade ago they made it so any car being sold in america had to have the body designed in certain proportions so that people not wearing seatbelts had a higher chance of survival and other such nonsense.
Have a look at where thats gotten us...
>>
>The Volvo YCC ("Your Concept Car") was a concept car made by Volvo Cars presented at the 2004 Geneva Motor Show, with the stated goal of meeting the particular needs of female drivers. In order to do so, Volvo assembled a design team entirely made up of women, around October 2001. It was a major exercise in ergonomics from the perspective of a female driver.

>On the outside the car looked, at first glance, like a mildly futuristic 4-seat coupé. On closer inspection one could see that there was no hood, that is, no access panel permitting access to the car’s engine. Engine maintenance required taking out the whole front end of the car body, preferably in some establishment with the required space and equipment. This was not supposed to happen often, as the engine was designed to need an oil change only after 50,000 km (31,000 mi) and to automatically send a radio message to a garage a short time before any required maintenance.

>Filling the windshield washer tank was done by a capless ball valve, right next to the capless gas tank ball valve. Volvo surveys had found (among many other things) that female drivers considered caps to be a major nuisance. The car featured run-flat tires, like those of wheeled armoured vehicles, in order to be able to drive all the way to a garage after a puncture and thus avoid having to change a tire by the side of the road.

>Entry into the car was by the means of two gull-wing doors on the sides. The concept was a 3-door, 4-seat coupe design. It also had an upwards opening hatchback door giving access to the trunk and cargo area. All 3 doors were motorized for a sensor-based “keyless” entry. Pressing on a single button on the keychain automatically opened the nearest door, making it easy for somebody holding bags of groceries or other sundries to get the things in the car without putting anything down.
>>
>>14242382
my drive to work puts me on a lot of single lane roads with alot of traffic & a few intersections with street lights along the way. so coming up to a light you'll normally be in a line of cars all going 35 in a 55 because of how backed up everything is
>>
>>14242211
Deaths from alcohol related diseases actually did decrease during and after prohibition. The idea that prohibition totally failed was mostly propaganda from the alcohol industry because they didn't want people to vote to bring it back. Alcoholism was a much, much bigger problem back then than it was today. What prohibition successfully did was prevent the young people raised during prohibition from becoming alcoholics like the last generation. People that were already drinkers from before could still drink illegally during prohibition (although the restrictions did make a lot just give up), but the actual purpose of prohibition was to stop the next generation from abusing alcohol, and in that sense it worked.
>>
>>14237427
That's really not relevant to the thread. What's as relevant as the question you're asking is that the new CEO of GM is female, and since she's been in charge, she's been pulling it back up from rock bottom. They're actually coming back up financially, and they've finally gotten over cutting their own limbs off to defend the Corvette's "prestige," no longer stifling attempts to make any other well-performing cars in their roster. They've also come back from the EV1 mess and made another EV that people like again, although that might be a change in the powers that be, seeing how they're not the only ones trying to make an EV anymore.
>>
File: express-ycc[1].jpg (32KB, 400x253px) Image search: [Google]
express-ycc[1].jpg
32KB, 400x253px
>>14243159

As a volvo loyalist this might be volvos darkest moment in history. Even worse than those got awful early generation s80s.

Yeah, it's just a concept car but they should have laughed at the idea and just left it at that. An idea. A stupid stupid idea.
>>
>>14243159

The Volvo YCC illustrates everything wrong with women.

>*whine* I can't be expected to check my oil or anything under the hood!
>I don't care if it's hard for the mechanic to work on, it's not MY problem! *tee-hee!*
>Gas caps are harrrrrrrd!
>You can't expect me to change a tire! What if I break a nail?!
>Ugh, door handles are such a pain! I'm by the car, just open the door! How hard is it?
>>
>>14238551
Those chevy commercials do nothing but make me rage
>>
>>14239454

>greedy jews out to maximize profits

I understood he was mad and hating.
>>
>>14243159
>female drivers considered caps to be a major nuisance
>avoid having to change a tire by the side of the road.

reading this gave me cancer
>>
>>14242411

It is kind of how it works IRL.

>Woman wants something that doesn't make sense
>Men initially ignore it
>Woman starts nagging
>Men start to get annoyed
>Woman keeps nagging
>Men getting fed up
>Woman is relentless
>This headache isn't fucking worth $3 Billion

This is how my wife got me to tear out a guest bedroom in our house when our child was 1 so we could have a bigger living room (me and 2 other guys did all the work, it is a concrete house). Now apparently the the child needs their own room but initially the guest room was going to be his.

Now we have the opportunity to move into another "wing" where we have provision for 2 bedrooms because we can't be far from the kid but noooo, we have to widen a door that has a partial beam in it so then we have to pull the roof, recast a complete beam, move an electrical panel, pull all new wire because everything is going to be different and cut a hole from a floor level into another room that the elevation is only offset by half so we have to dig into the foundation and do a partial recast.

I have to stop here because I am getting pissed. we would have been fine if we just left the first room in the house the way it was for the last 50 years and I literally grew up in that room and I can personally attest that it was awesome as a kid

TL;DR it is a slippery slope when you allow a woman to nag you into giving in. It may not be apparent and you may think that she will shutup after it but she will put you in a bind.
>>
>>14244235
lol

Also most women in my experience have been horrible drivers. Doing stupid shit like tailgating in their SUVs, driving 80+ in residential areas in their POS v6 mustangs or camaros, or having their face glued to their phone.

>mother: drives a big suburban and tailgates everyone. I literally fear a wreck every time she drives and do my best to drive when we're together.

>my current gf: She leadfoots everywhere and has no sense of her surroundings.

>She has hit shit in my truck a thousand times and pretty sure she's the reason I found my passenger side fender smashed in and my headlight missing.

>When she graduated college her parents bought her a brand new corolla and she had it not even two weeks before her first accident in it. She was changing lanes while speeding and not looking and sideswiped some girl in a yellow mustang.

>She would always cut corners and end up going over curbs.

>One time she said she hit a pothole and the rear axel was destroyed and the tire was all fucked up.

>one time her friend borrowed her car and she wrecked it.

gf's mom: It must run in the family because she sucks at driving too. Jerks the car around to change lanes and makes you wish you did the entire driving of the road trip yourself.

>friend's mom: drives with the seat all the way forward and hunched over the steering wheel like Mr. Magoo. She drives like total shit and I'm sure her daughters are going to drive just like mommy dearest.

There's only been three women that don't give me PTSD from their driving.

>my dad's wife: Drives a big ass van like its nothing and can back into anywhere. Always safe but not too overly cautious that you never get anywhere.

>my ex gf: Not as great as my dad's wife but still safe and didn't do stupid maneuvers.

>my sister: she used to suck because she would be intimidated by other drivers but now is one of the people I trust the most to drive and she can drive just about anything.
>>
>>14244342
You sound like a cuck desu
>>
>>14244342

Have you considered suicide? Because after reading your post it made me want to kill her and you.
>>
>>14244354

I try not to think about my mother's driving.

>anytime I drive somewhere she nags and nags until Dad yells at her to shut the fuck up
>she once launched Dad's '85 Country Squire wagon off a railroad crossing at 45mph like in National Lampoon's Vacation
>hit someone in a parking lot with Dad's V8-swapped S10 two days after we finished the front end
>once spun her 740 Turbo sedan across three lanes of Interstate right in front of a semi
>in the 1980's backed out in front of a Chevelle with her Vega and tore the ass end of the Vega off
>twice (that I know of, because dad told me) she froze at the controls and Dad had to grab the wheel to avoid disaster
>two years ago almost walked right out in front of a DC Metro bus

This year she got her CDL. She drives school bus for a living now. I try not to think about how one day either she's going to plow into someone and turn their car into a pancake or she's going to crash the bus and put a bunch of kids in the hospital.
>>
>>14244356

She had some valid reasons but I really just didn't want to spend any money and work harder than I already work.

I gave in because I could not see the effect the proposal of moving into the other wing would have and fuck I really thought the story would be done when that was done.

My kid is too identical to me for me to be a cuck. These days she can't even cuck me because I have openly stated that I am not giving her anymore children until I am 100% happy with my life but she is still fighting me on this other shit. If any kid comes along under strange conditions then there will be a paternity test.

>>14244370

>suicide

I used to be extremely depressed in my teenage and early 20's. Then I used to be happy. Now I just drink 6-10 beers a day, disregard and have issues with everything that comes out of her mouth, constantly fight with her on every issue because I am really fucking mad all the fucking time. I get along fine with most other people in the world but she can tell that she has pushed me to be particularly difficult with her even when she makes a valid unbeatable point because I am just outright fed up and are only with her because she is a good mother and I care vastly about my child.

That is why I am on /o/.
>>
File: 9d0.png (31KB, 344x326px) Image search: [Google]
9d0.png
31KB, 344x326px
>>14244439

Damn, dude, that got dark really fast. I'm sorry.
>>
I commute a lot every week and honesty I can say that I notice men being complete idiots as much as women. The worst offense would be when I'm waiting by a yield to merge on to the highway as cars pass at 70mph on a 2 lane highway and I've almost been rear ended when some mid 20 year old faggot is flying around a 240 degree turn looking to merge at 70. Not to mention the "on ramp" is also a fucking exit that's not more than 300 ft long. One idiot was driving his company's pest control car so I reported him. Fuckers should learn to drive, men and women.
>>
>>14244439
I don't know why you are blaming her for this shit. Women know fuck all about construction. However they won't let a little thing like having no clue about what they are talking about stop them. This is where the man comes in. What you do is reach down between your legs and squeeze. This will remind you that you have testicles. Now use your newfound boy parts and tell the bitch it's not her fucking problem.
>inb4 hurrr durrr, virgin detected. I've been happily married for 14 years. She knows her place, I know mine.
>>
>>14244439
if you'd be happier without her leave.
your kid doesn't need to see you miserable and would probably be happier with you two seperated.
>>
>>14244473

I wouldn't really say it something to be sorry about but thanks for the consideration.

That said. To post something on topic. My wife is worse than a normie when it comes to cars. We have a slow leak in a tire and it airs down 20 psi over 4-5 days. The puncture is bad, more of a tear, so it can't be plugged and there is wire stripped on the inside so it rips patches. I can't afford a new pair of tires and I am not going for another used tire because I have had bad luck with them recently.

Now everytime I go anywhere on a longer than 20 mins drive, which is every 3-4 days, I air up the tire. She complains and nags at me as to why "you have to do that right now because we are late", 5 mins late to a fucking social event where the hosts don't even care. So I just ignore her annoyance but explain the situation for a while and after a fucking month of the shit I just blow it and cuss her the fuck out about the whole situation and while I am trying my best to just keep our expenditure under control to the point of prolonging an $80 tire she nags me about these ridiculous house projects that cost significantly more when she seems to forget that we have no fucking money and I am airing that motherfucker up because she doesn't know how to nor does she know how to change a fucking tire so if I listen to her it is more hard work in my best scenario and a potential blow out in my worst scenario.

She mother fucking back pedals and tells me she was only joking with me calling an immature asshole and I nearly turned into that man who booted his wife off their sailboat in the middle of the pacific. I might seem like a retard but this is in addition to a series of other issues she pulls up with me.

The other day she complained that our sidebyside's tire was flat and why I didn't keep up on the maintenance for it. I nearly lost it then as well but I didn't. I might hurt someone soon.
>>
>>14244553

>Women know fuck all about construction

One of my best friends runs a construction company and she is an old woman. She puts most men to shame when it comes to general contracting. That said I am not mad at her for her lack of knowledge but her miserable persistence despite knowing the facts that I have to spit in her face for her to understand.

>>14244585

That's the thing. I was depressed, met her, things got happy and then it started going downhill again. We recently decided to try a little harder and while I am trying on my part the only thing she has done is try to hug me in the most inopportune situations (pretty much firefighting ) and gets mad at me when I ask her to stop so I don't know how we can work it.
>>
>>14244665
>I know a woman
Certainly not all women are clueless concerning construction, I was going for a more "in general" statement.
Sorry you have to deal with that man. Communication is huge but at some points in your relationship there needs to be structure and boundaries. Vehicle maintenance and home improvements are definitely not any concern of my wife. She trusts in me that I have taken care of it, and doesn't question my judgement because that is disrespectful. This is something we discovered we need to do in order to have a functional relationship. For what it's worth man, communication is a big priority. Good luck.
>>
File: couldn't have.jpg (61KB, 680x512px) Image search: [Google]
couldn't have.jpg
61KB, 680x512px
>middle school
>have gf
>dad is really cool and let's me practice driving his car home (just through our little suburb, no other cars on the road) one day with gf in the back seat
>drive us home fine, no problems

>hanging out at my house
>"Anooony can you pwease ask your dad to let me drive back it looked like fun"
>"Lemme think about it"
>she blows me to completion for the first time in my life, chokes, swallows, the whole deal
>convince based dad to let her drive back to her house
>figure she'll be fine since she's practiced before sitting in my dad's lap

>drives okay for about 30 seconds
>Dad is guiding her, keeps telling her to slow down for an intersection
>He's the most patient man alive and he's still having trouble keeping his cool
>laughs and says "I'm braking!"
>literally runs 30 through the first stop sign
>dad is yelling at her to brake at this point, doesn't want to pull the e-brake because she scares really easy and it'd just make things worse
>she finally figures out what a brake is by the second stop sign
>tires screech so hard dad has to catch her head before she busts it into the wheel
>she gets out the car and throws an angry tantrum at my dad because "he kept yelling at her"
>dad just looks at me
>mfw

I'm sorry dad. I just wanted to goo some teenage gums. I didn't know

>she still drives like a maniac to this day
>>
It's been over a decade guys.

I miss pop-up headlights so god damn much.
>>
>get in a car with a woman
>she changes gears at the wrong time and can't maintain a constant speed

erry time
>>
Generally speaking i feel that cars have gotten to the point where they are seen so much as just a tool that the very idea of "wrenching" will soon be made illegal. To say the truth i've given up on them. At least bikes are still seen as deathmachines, the worst they've done to them is mandatory ABS in germoney
>>
>>14244806
>>figure she'll be fine since she's practiced before sitting in my dad's lap

Your gf sat in your dad's lap?
>>
>>14244828
>so goddamn much
Is it really that big of a deal to you? Do you lay awake at night because cars are designed different in the last 20 years? Does the fact they were axed because of "muh safety" gall you so much that you share your disdain with a Mongolian haberdashery forum? Obviously it must, such an interesting example of autism, thanks for sharing.
>>
>>14245060
>such an interesting example of autism

Your post? true
>>
>>14235573
Cars have become shit because western mfgrs lobby for stupid and pointless "safety features" like backup cams in order to keep cheap chinese cars out of their markets
>>
>>14235573

I'm sure it's one of many factors.

Is anyone here going to willingly argue that seatbelts, airbags, unleaded fuel, and things like crumple zones and anti-lock breaks are a bad thing?
>>
>>14237891
Only first gen Corvairs, and they got IRS instead of swing axles for the 2nd gen. It's not like Corvairs are the only cars with swing axles, so if you're going to hate it for having the combo of RR and swing axles then you have to hate the Volkswagen Beetle, VW Bus, Type 3, Karmann Ghia, Tatra 603, Hillman Imp, and Renault Dauphine too.
>>
File: what the fuck am I reading.jpg (39KB, 421x834px) Image search: [Google]
what the fuck am I reading.jpg
39KB, 421x834px
>>14239157
>kept heavier so you can corner better
Good god is this nigger fucking serious?
>>
>>14244806
Yeah, so he could work the pedals while she practiced controlling a car in a safe environment.

Not everyone is a pedo anon.
>>
>>14245190
grounded to the ground yo
>>
>>14245200
And to the guard rail, i guess...
>>
>>14245060
>he doesn't miss the single best thing about cars ever
Bet you drive a risen brotruck with double wheels and no mudflaps
>>
>>14240574

Ngl you sound like an awful passenger
>>
>>14245194
>getting cucked by your own dad

Harsh.
>>
>>14245227
>risen brotruck with double wheels
I bet you drive a closer down miata with faster tires
>>
>>14245194
And so your dad could show her the stick shift :^)
>>
>>14237110
Living the /o/ dream my friend
>tfw hope I find a qt WRX fuckboi someday
>>
>>14244626
Why do you guys date idiots? If my fiancée came to me with these ridiculous accusations I would ask her if she hit her head and is suffering from a concussion.

Do you guys seek out women with brain damage? It's not rocket science to understand that tires need air. You assholes need some self respect and to leave these stupid sluts.
>>
>>14243159
If it had been designed by Asian women it would have been fine. Women in Asia are actually skilled
>>
>>14245269
She would have collided all 3 times, 100%
>>
>>14246948

The problem is, is that it took her 4 years and one child to start to behave like this. I think it was the presence of the child that fucked me because she almost has me on lockdown
>>
>>14244626

I'm >>14244370 and >>14244473. Jesus Christ dude, how have you not told her to shut the fuck up and get the fuck out of your house? Let me know what city you live in so I can watch the news reports for a murder.
>>
Wow I didn't know so many neckbeards from le reddit posted on /o/
>>
>>14249844
Son do you realize this is 4chan?
>>
>>14235573
But cars have no become shit.
>>
>>14235573 You sound like a 18 year old who got friendzoned. Stop being a faggot.
Thread posts: 149
Thread images: 15

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.