[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I know fuck all about cars, help me decide what to get /o/. I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

I know fuck all about cars, help me decide what to get /o/. I'm a college student and this will be my first car, I'm looking at things less than $3-4000 preferably. I'm going to Northern Arizona University (in Flagstaff if you want to lookup the weather) and I've seen a lot of older Grand Cherokees around town, so I'm thinking they must be popular for a reason. I just care that it'll be dependable, get decent gas mileage, and be able to handle snowy conditions. Also I know I'm going to be looking at older cars so the more repairable the interior is/the more readily available replacement parts are the better, I'm a little OCD about that.
>>
get a rav4
>>
>>14228162
Those have shitty transfer cases that like to shit out
>>
Get an frs
>>
It'd be nice if you guys told me why whatever car you're recommending is good too, thanks.
>>
>>14228162
Choose one:

- Toyota RAV4
- Hondra CR-V
- Subaru Legacy/Outback Wagon

They are all reliable and easy to repair, have AWD, have good space for storage, and get decent gas mileage.
>>
>>14228251
why the fuck are you even going to college? do you know how to fucking google?
>>
T
I
C
K
Y
>>
>>14228298
Yes, I'm doing a lot of research right now. There's a hell of a lot of information out there and it's nice to have help sorting through it on places like this.
>>
>>14228162
Just about everyone on this board will say something foreign

Cucks
>>
>>14228162
>awd
just get good tires and learn to drive.
>>
>>14228162
It snows in Arizona? I thought it was a barren desert, what the fuck
>>
>>14228670
The northern part of the state is actually pretty high in elevation and a lot cooler.
>>
>>14228162
Just get a corolla or an accord and put snow tires on that bitch in the winter.
>>
>>14228685
Pine Creek Gorge > Grand Canyon.
>>
Get a CRX, honda reliability and /o/ approved. Finding a clean one in AZ should be no problem even with 3k budget, above all avoid salvage titles
>>
>>14228700
>East coasters actually think this
>>
File: 2004_wrx_sti.jpg (167KB, 800x400px) Image search: [Google]
2004_wrx_sti.jpg
167KB, 800x400px
>>14228162
You should check Phoenix classifieds and buy one down here if you can make the trip. No rust. I don't go to northern AZ often enough in the winter to know if they salt their roads or not.

pic unrelated don't buy one of these for 3k lmao
>>
File: SAM_0549_2000x1500.jpg (358KB, 2000x1500px) Image search: [Google]
SAM_0549_2000x1500.jpg
358KB, 2000x1500px
>>14228670
Pic related, frozen lake, in Arizona
>>
>>14228691
The thing is I'm majoring in forestry and I'll probably need a car that can drive in the mountains sooner or later. I'm just switching into it now, so I don't know what to expect, but I'm pretty sure my adviser said that they do that once I get into the later classes.
>>
>>14228700
>it's just a bunch of hills
T R A S H
R
A
S
H
>>
Hate to break this to you, but modern Jeeps are unreliable shit. They are made by Chrysler, the worst american car company, so you can bet the quality is garbage. Even if yours ends up needing little work, the MPGs will suck compared to other capable cars, which you'll hate paying for as a student.

Read the sticky.
>>14228272
This is a good place to start. Seriously dude, you don't need a fucking Jeep.
>>
>>14229831
I'm definitely leaning towards the CR-V after doing more research into it.
>>
>>14228162

Get a Boxster
>>
>>14228235
oh god this
>have a fresh one waiting to swap in
>putting it off because it will just grenade
>>
>>14229864
Rav4 will last a little longer than it while the subaru would probably be the most fun
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.