[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Planning on escaping my family and living like a hobo. Need a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

Planning on escaping my family and living like a hobo. Need a car I can live in, budget is 5000$, what's a reliable car I could buy? Also, if there are any anons on this board that have already done this, could I see your rig?
>>
>>14227866
But an air cooled vw engine. Rip it apart, learn how it works, put it back together. Then but an air cooled vw bus and hit the road. With basic tools you should be able to make the thing last forever.
>>
>>14227877
Buy*
>>
File: van down by the river.jpg (1MB, 2816x2112px) Image search: [Google]
van down by the river.jpg
1MB, 2816x2112px
Get pic related.

>>14227877
>implying one of those is within OP's budget
>>
>>14227877
Are Weekenders any good?
>>
>>14227893
Are you Fucking retarded or something m8? He didn't say buy a 27 window bus. Just any old normal ass air cooled bus can be had for 2500 or less in ok condition. For 5k youre not gonna get a restored one.
>>
>>14227866
>escaping my parents.
Sounds like you need to grow the fuck up, and just move out like a responsible person.
>running away from home
>with a drivers license.
>>
What ever happened to Vandweller?
>>
>>14227914
Stop assuming everyone was as spoiled as you
>>
>>14227914
What's the point anon?

Is this a decent car?
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-autos-camions/laval-rive-nord/ford-e-350-camper-bus/1122705640?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true
>>
>>14227927
I'm all ears, mr abused and neglected child. Tell me your story.
>>
>>14227942
That isn't OP. My personal life isn't anyone's concern. We're here to talk about cars. Please answer my question: >>14227937. The second one, no the first.
>>
>>14227937
>running away on the short bus
kek

Also the 7.3 is a great engine. I don't see any major body rust, so I can only assume that the frame is in decent shape too. I'd take a look at it and go for it, though you might not blend in as well as if you bought a normal van.
>>
File: all is good..jpg (6KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
all is good..jpg
6KB, 225x225px
>>14227980
Thanks for the help anon. Consider the thread dead
>>
There's a hobo code. I hope you're big and strong, or you're gonna get stretched.
>>
>>14227953
k, I'll humor this. The vehicle you listed has relatively low miles, and is a ford vehicle that has reasonable fleet sales. These are the pros. Getting replacements shouldn't be difficult, and could be purchased in store or at a yard readily, so no downtime for parts being ordered. However, it'll more than likely need work if not now, then fairly soon. If it's been maintained correctly then you'll only need a transmission fluid flush and change in the next 40,00km. The tires are shit, so be ready to shell out 500-700 USD (you'll have to convert it) for reasonable replacement tires. It goes without saying you'll need to get your hands on a decent variety of tools (harbor freight) to be able to fix the various things that'll go wrong, and you'll probably need to have enough set aside to change the other fluids and filters just to make sure something isn't off. The prepared conversion is nice, but it has no real amenities. Things like a toilet, a shower, or something to cook with. The insulation is still stock too, so be prepared to freeze without a real thick comforter or a propane heater.

I could write you up a list of things, but I think you get the gist of what's required for making vandwelling possible.
>>
>>14228034
Thought about this before. I could buy a membership for a gym that's national and use their showers. The dude in the ad is selling a generator and a microwave with it. I could just grab my bed sheets since I'm sure they won't be missed.
Tires and fluid can be changed since the bus is 1000$ bellow budget. Rest would go for gas and food, not bumming for the rest of my life since people need money to live. Planning on work hopping to pay for the essentials.
>>
>>14228032
I'm committed. Ready to give up my anus, anon.
>>
Got a place to park it while you wait for the plates and registration?
>>
>>14227915

He bought a house and no longer lives in the van from what I've heard.
>>
>>14228185
>Thought about this before. I could buy a membership for a gym that's national and use their showers.

That gets tossed around a lot by vandwellers, but considering that you have a standing height, decent length box, you could get away with a cleverly designed catch, a propane oven, and a solar shower. I built my own camper trailer, and for 50 bucks, I had a bath and backsplash from an RV scrap yard. For 150(?) (don't recall actual price) I bought a small stove with two burner range that I'd heat up in a large pot about a gallon and a half of water till just before it was starting to boil (lots of the little bubbles at the bottom). From there, I'd just empty the hot water into a solar bladder bag, and fill the rest up with cold water. Hang the bag above the shower, and take a nice warm shower. You could just funnel the water into a 5 gallon bucket, and dump it outside on some grass when you were done.

I'd recommend putting foam insulation over most of the windows, and curtains over the rest.

Before all of that though, I'd recommend opening a line of communication with your parents, and explain how you feel, and why you feel that way. I like thinking about engineering things, but I hate to think about a young kid running out and potentially shitting his future away because they think they have to do something so drastic to change a situation they don't like.
>>
>>14228395
I heard vandweller was now a semidweller getting paid good to live in his vehicle.
>>
>>14228420
>>14227942
Go fuck out yourself
My parent is an asshole mentally unstable alcoholic who has only fucked up my life and caused my brothers suicide
Literal poison
>>
>>14228500
Living in his van was the best decision he ever made.
>>
File: 00y0y_fYtVTu7LsDW_600x450.jpg (45KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
00y0y_fYtVTu7LsDW_600x450.jpg
45KB, 600x450px
>>14227866
buy any full size van and live in it. late 90s and early 00s econolines and ram vans can be had for a few grand tops. Some already with beds.

Pic related. On a local craigslist
>>
File: 00c0c_akM7iWieLlp_600x450.jpg (29KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
00c0c_akM7iWieLlp_600x450.jpg
29KB, 600x450px
>>14228627
>>
File: 01515_vh1M3Bp2Hh_600x450.jpg (46KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
01515_vh1M3Bp2Hh_600x450.jpg
46KB, 600x450px
>>14228630
>>
>>14228533
Have you talked to anyone about this? a school counselor or a teacher? Do you have any family you could move in with while you finish school? You have no idea how hard it is to manage work, school, and life in general while being homeless. You really don't want to go that route, despite what you currently think.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.