[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I need some advice, as I am a complete retard when it comes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

File: florida_ref_2001.jpg (331KB, 1107x930px) Image search: [Google]
florida_ref_2001.jpg
331KB, 1107x930px
So, I need some advice, as I am a complete retard when it comes to buying a car in the US. This is somewhat different from the usual "waa what buy" thread, as I already know what I'll be getting beforehand.

I'm getting a car purchased from out-of-state (Florida, from an auction). I have no license plate, currently getting my local driver's license (I have an european one), and I live in Texas as a legal resident. I've no clue how this clusterfuck of a process is going to look like.
Okay, I buy a car from florida - now what? This shit isn't detailed anywhere I've searched. What kind of assfuckery fees and loopholes / whateverthefuck do I have to jump through? I'd fly to Orlando and drive back to TX.
>>
>>14226803
you realize Florida is not in another country right
>>
>>14226824
But it's a different state.
>>
>>14226829
you're adorable
>>
>>14226803
>Buy car
>Get temporary tag from Dealer
>They'll sell you the tag even if they didnt sell you the car
>drive it back

Florida Fees is just 6.5% sales tax on the car's value..

uhhh
das it mane
>>
>>14226841
Fucking US and their rollercoaster of different-laws-in-each-state bullshit. See, had Germany won the war, I wouldn't have to deal with this right now.
>>
>>14226845
What about license plates, title transfer and all that crap? I was given a quote for 2k for the car + 600 in fees and legal crap.
>>
>>14226845
>dealer
>auction
Did you even read you fat retard?
>>
>>14226854
http://www.txdmv.gov/motorists/buying-or-selling-a-vehicle/out-of-state-and-foreign-vehicles

Gee whiz that was so hard to do
>>
>>14226873
Still doesn't answer the question - what the fuck do I actually have to pay up front in fees? Can I just drive away to Tx or , from what I read from this article, when I get back to TX I'll have to pay Texas tax in addition to Florida tax + fees?
>>
Shouldve moved to australia or canada lel
>>
>>14226885

how is this so hard for you?
why do we always get the dumb europeans
>>
>>14226871
did you? the dealer will still sell you a tag
>>
>>14226885
You pay the auction the purchase price and mention it will be registered in whatever state you live in. You then drive the car home and take the bill of sale to your local DMV and tax office where you pay your state's sales tax and get it registered/plated.

As far as driving it home, you'll be fine without a tag as long as you have insurance and the bill of sale in hand, you can get a temp tag from your local DMV to drive on while you wait for your regular license plate to come.

Source: bought truck in TX, brought it home to SC where I payed my $300 sales tax.
>>
>>14226935
Fucking finally
>>14226924
Well, it's not my fault that the US System is backwards-retarded.
>>
>>14226958
It's the easiest shit
>>
>>14226934
Too bad you don't get a temp tag for a car not purchased at a dealer from a dealer idiot.
>>
>>14226963
No, hes right.
You are the most fucking stupid "1st world" country on earth
>>
>>14227007
Yet eurotards can't understand simple English clearly written on a DMV website.
>>
>>14227039
Still that shit didn't manage to answer his question about driving it back to his state of residence.
>>
>>14227039
Because the US system is irrational and complicated compared to any country in europe
>>
>>14227051
I forgot common sense isn't free.
>>14227076
>buy car and pay auction fees
>acquire insurance
>drive to tx
>pay inspection, registration, and taxes
Damn. So hard. Someone get hawking on the line to figure out how to buy a car out of state and register it.
>>
you buy the car, the car gets shipped to you.

you call your insurance and add the vehicle to your policy.

you take your insurance card and the title that was signed to you to the dmv.

you pay for the transfer of the out of state title to your current state, the vehicle registration, and tax and get a form to fill out and get notorized if your vehicle is under 25 years old proving the mileage.

if you arent transfering an existing tag to your new car you also pay for a new tag and viola
>>
>>14227143
>paper money
>every 50 miles the laws change
>cancerous sensationalized media
>lol obesity
>absolutely disgusting car scene
>even the most lenient states still have fucked federal laws
>wrong hand drive, wrong side of the road
>>
>>14227302
>he's right and I'm retarded and can't read
>better shitpost
>>
>>14227353
Forgot one
>self righteousness/ignorance
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.