[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I think I blew out one or all of my speakers today. When I

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

File: mBU2b63.jpg (63KB, 499x499px) Image search: [Google]
mBU2b63.jpg
63KB, 499x499px
So I think I blew out one or all of my speakers today. When I got out of my car the sound quality was fine, but when I got back in and turned the music up the quality was distorted and grainy, like a radio station with bad reception. Would anyone be willing to suggest some good speakers to buy as replacements? I drive a '99 Honda Accord if it matters.
>>
Why not remove it first and inspect it before making assumptions?
>>
pioneer evrythang
>>
>>14226265
Well I'm not super car savy and I've been considering new speakers for a long time. I'd be more concerned with making it worst or fucking something else up.

>>14226269
Noted, but still open to other suggestions.
>>
If all of your speakers went at once it is probably a problem with the drive circuit. You may need a new radio head unit
>>
>>14226293
Its a question of removing the door trim at worst... it might be perfectly removable just by first taking off a cover that is fastened with a screw or two at the best.

Speaker itself.... 3-4 bolts and two electrical connectors

And you're going to have to do this anyways, so whats the problem?
>>
>>14226317
Yeah you make a point. I suppose I'm just nervous and frustrated. I didn't realize it could be like eight different problems I'd have to learn about and learn how to check. It's just a lot all at once. Originally I just thought, "Fuck, I need new speakers." Now it's more like, "Fuck I need to do a bunch of reading and testing and to sit out in the cold for like an hour checking shit."
>>
>>14226354
Blown speakers are usually quite easy to check, as most often you will see cracking and rips in the membrane of the spaker

Do you play loud music a lot aswell as having "tuned" the sound with your stereo to force them to improve stuff like bass, punch and treble? Doing this too heavily can easily reduce the lifetime of your speakers
>>
>>14226293
Pioneers are shit, fuck that OP get some Alpines, worth the price trust me
>>
>>14226390
Yeah, I ride around playing sad hip-hop with the windows down loud af in hopes my ex oneitis will somehow hear it, see me, and realize how much I miss her because I'm a fucking faggot idiot loser.

>>14226392
I'm really hoping to find a good balance between quality and price. My pay check isn't a lot, it's like $220, and I'd like to get them replaced sooner than two weeks from now when I get my next one.
>>
File: 1366409423234.gif (3MB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
1366409423234.gif
3MB, 700x394px
bump
>>
Can anyone offer a quick list of things I'll need to buy to replace the speakers in my car with higher quality aftermarket speakers and a subwoofer?
>>
Wiring kit (batt to amp and grounds)
Speaker wire (dont reuse factory trash)
Speakers
Deck
Mono amp
Sub
@ absolute minimum.

I highly recommend doing at least an amp for your mids and tweeters as well. Car audio is another rabbithole just as bad as performance mods. Be careful.
>>
>>14228017
Are there any good resources online for tutorials? This seems like something that'd be easy to fuck up.
>>
>>14228329
google.com. if i recall correctly, crutchfield had some basic info on sound system installs.

If you think checking your speakers for physical damage is too difficult/time consuming, you should not be re-building your entire system with wiring, amps, and a sub. And for all you know it could be something trivial like a shitty aux cord. The odds of all of your speakers blowing out in a single car ride is pretty low. Do some basic troubleshooting, and investigation before you drop your entire paycheck on parts, and rip your dashboard off. If you aren't willing to do that work/research, I'd recommend saving up to pay someone reputable who knows what their doing to install it for you. Aftermarket car audio can be daunting, especially if you don't know what you're doing.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.