[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Would a renault 4 be a daily driving car? How does it compare

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: R4_3_v_sst.jpg (550KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
R4_3_v_sst.jpg
550KB, 1024x768px
Would a renault 4 be a daily driving car? How does it compare to the twingo or other meme cars on /o/?

Will it make me look like a hipster faggot?
>>
>>14225940
it will be slow AF that's for sure.
>>
>>14225940
For city's or light offroad it's great. For highways not so much...
>>
>>14229260
Idk man, what do you want to know?
>>
come on anon, no one here has any experience with any of these.
says a lot about you that you need other people's input and are too afraid to do something blindly without having your hand held
>>
>>14225940
Not sure why'd you ask this on a mainly USA board, that never seen one of these things, but anyway.

It's pretty good as a daily driving car, although going on highways might not be the best idea. Biggest difficulty you might have is unassisted steering, but then again it even isn't that heavy.

VERY comfy, in comparison with modern cars, although it's not as quiet. Drinks little fuel. Being MF the handling is nice, if a bit on the safe side, but going at full body lean takes guts.

Mechanically it's reliable, biggest problems you might have is rust (depending on how old the car is) and getting the suspension working right (rubbers and refreshed dampers, both of which are very specific to the car).

Compared to the twingo it's not as spacious, or as fast.
>>
>>14229296

actually one of my best friends just bought one. 1990 Savane model, in red. they are slow, uncomfortable, but fun to drive and extremely reliable and cheap to run. just be careful of rust when you buy it, and get new tires ASAP as the old ones will be slippery AF if they're older than 5 years old.

i would spend 1500 euros tops.
>>
Even a 400 € beater can take you to Mongolia, even with driver not being exactly gentle to it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGLS8Ef460s
>>
>>14225940
Should be okay for a DD (except if you do highways every day, then avoid it at all cost !)

Clearly reliable (beware of rust though)

but clearly not a memecar and if you want to look like a hipster, prefer a Citroën 2CV (Dolly or Charleston version)
>>
>>14225940
crap, worst, yes
>>
>>14225940
Why would you do that? Seriously the only reason to get a renault 4 is the meme gear lever (known as meme shifter)
>>
>>14225940
they're pretty rare because most of them gave in to their age and rust, high mileage and etc
why would you want that turd anyway, what country are you from?
>>
>>14225940

>death trap
>gear shifted like french style aka retarded
>>
>>14231225
It's no more of a deathtrap than any other shitbox of its time. If he's in yurop he won't have to worry about being crushed by retardedly fuckhueg pickups, and on their city streets there's hardly room to get over 25mph anyway.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.